Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Can you imagine what an in-shape Robbie Lawler would have done to this guy? Lawler would have around 20 pounds on him on fight day.

And we know Robbie can fight for 5 rounds.
    Yeah Conor was insane if he actually believed that shit? Yeah he has one punch power at 145 and nearly closed Nate's eye in 1 round but that would be like shooting a tank with a machine gun

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

All the hype is dead.

Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

iloseagain
    iloseagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

yep i said it to someone else, i said "Connor has a decent chin but hes never really been tested.. I thought Aldo had a decent chin too until Mcgregor came along.. We will see." We sure did see haha

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Yea right lol, if rda is ready for ufc 200 that the fight they will make...ufc gives guys title shots off loses, if you can talk, think chael for one. Edgar doesnt push the needle, outside of edgar, no one's intrested in that fight...whatever makes the ufc the most money will be the next fight.
    Conor is damaged goods.

Fred The Hammer

Hell if they rolled Benson Henderson out at 155....McGregor would get about 6 punches in before he got put on the ground for the rest of the night. I just don't think you can teach a 20 yr old enough wrestling and ground skills in Europe to make up for people that grew up doing that shit in America or Brazil or Russia. Kazilaboobob or wtf his name is was wrestling bears as a little kid for Christs sake

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

Can you imagine what an in-shape Robbie Lawler would have done to this guy? Lawler would have around 20 pounds on him on fight day.

And we know Robbie can fight for 5 rounds.
    Lawler will be forgotten about soon enough. Mcgregor is here to stay. Thompson will take Lawler down in style when that match is made. If McGregor fought Edgar next and defended his title all this 170 chancing will be forgotten about. Who does the UFC give Diaz next?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by richie360 View Post
    Lawler will be forgotten about soon enough. Mcgregor is here to stay. Thompson will take Lawler down in style when that match is made. If McGregor fought Edgar next and defended his title all this 170 chancing will be forgotten about. Who does the UFC give Diaz next?
    I love Thompson, but what if, just what if he loses to Rory?

Conor almost has to fight Edgar next.

As far as Diaz, I don't know.

Fred The Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by iloseagain View Post
    yep i said it to someone else, i said "Connor has a decent chin but hes never really been tested.. I thought Aldo had a decent chin too until Mcgregor came along.. We will see." We sure did see haha
    Hell he never puts his hands up either....just assumes his head movement is so fast or that he'll just walk thru it. We'll see what happens from here....same as with Rousey.

Fred The Hammer

All the hype is dead now? God damn it Dana....get out your checkbook and pay Putin and the KGB whatever you have to and GET FEDOR IN THE UFC!! Immediate title shot vs Werdum....WTF

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Conor is damaged goods.
    nah man, he dominated up till he gassed, no shame losing to nate, you just don't understand how good nates boxing is.

Kermit

nah man, he dominated up till he gassed, no shame losing to nate, you just don't understand how good nates boxing is.
    I know how good his boxing is, I've been watching him since the flukish win over Manny almost 10 years ago.

I would hardly call Conor's 1st round performance dominating. He was getting tagged just as much. He just threw more flash.

He is damaged goods in the sense that he won't be getting a 170 pound title shot anytime soon. He has a date with destiny, and that destiny's name is Frankie.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

He didn't gas, he panicked when he got hit and stunned a bit and went for the takedown. I'm a Conor mark but he's mentally weak when challenged. Conor needs to stay at 145 to be a champion. He's just too weak mentally

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

I thought you were on conor? or did you lay off this one?

Fred The Hammer

Why are you gassing in the 2nd round though? That shouldn't happen! It wasn't like the fight was a total war up to that point. All he took was some right jabs thru 1.5 rounds. I think if he cuts down the hypetrain....going on Conan....all that bullshit and actually puts his hands up and works on sprawling then he can still be an elite fighter but I still don't know about 155?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by shabang View Post
    He had him in the late rounds to finish.

Fred The Hammer

I know how good his boxing is, I've been watching him since the flukish win over Manny almost 10 years ago.

I would hardly call Conor's 1st round performance dominating. He was getting tagged just as much. He just threw more flash.

He is damaged goods in the sense that he won't be getting a 170 pound title shot anytime soon. He has a date with destiny, and that destiny's name is Frankie.

Now thats bullshit. He nearly closed his eye in 1 round? He kicked Nate's lead leg pretty hard several times too where Diaz was on his back foot basically jabbing

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer;25398771 [B
    I think if he cuts down the hypetrain....going on Conan....all that bullshit and actually puts his hands up and works on sprawling then he can still be an elite fighter[/B]
    This right here. The UFC is actually killing themselves by overly promoting themselves.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Now thats bullshit. He nearly closed his eye in 1 round? He kicked Nate's lead leg pretty hard several times too where Diaz was on his back foot basically jabbing
    Yeah, he had him cut(not unusual for Nate to get cut), but it wasn't like Nate wasn't hitting him back. Nate's main punch is his jab.

Fred The Hammer

Yeah, he had him cut, but it wasn't like Nate wasn't hitting him back.

Time will tell on McGregor? He def showed some signs of bully syndrome like Mike Tyson or Rousey. Unlike them he's very intelligent though and I think some of this is very fixable.....basically just trying to walk thru punches with your hands down, etc. It will be interesting.....got to be Frankie for his next fight you would think?

Kermit

Time will tell on McGregor? He def showed some signs of bully syndrome like Mike Tyson or Rousey. Unlike them he's very intelligent though and I think some of this is very fixable.....basically just trying to walk thru punches with your hands down, etc. It will be interesting.....got to be Frankie for his next fight you would think?
    In my honest opinion, it has to be Frankie.

Conor got knocked down a notch tonight, no doubt.

iloseagain

why do you put a '?' everywhere? lol... are you canadian, eh?

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by shabang View Post
    i lost on that fight, lost a 1000 parlay with nunes/connor, and a few hundred in probs, but i won 700 on it starting the 2nd round, so i didnt lose too bad on it, up big from tonight and yesterday's bellator card. i had a bad feeling about it after mcgregor flinched like a b.itch at weigh ins.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 03-06-16 at 01:31 AM.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

UFC 196: Post-fight Press Conference

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Dana saying this card was breaking records and could have been biggest fight ever???

Kermit

Conor lost as a direct result of playing too much Touch-butt in the park with the dork with the ponytail.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Dana saying this card was breaking records and could have been biggest fight ever???
    WHAT?? this card was good for betting, but it absolutely sucked...

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by kermit View Post
    conor lost as a direct result of playing too much touch-butt in the park with the dork with the ponytail.

lmao

Kermit

lmao
    Nate didn't have a lot of moments during these press conferences, but that Touch-butt comment about Conor's "movement" coach was definitely one of them.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Connor pretty much saying hes going back to 145

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Connor pretty much saying hes going back to 145
    What a pussy

Kermit

Diaz made an extra $100,000 tonight. $50K for fight of the night and $50K for performance of the night.

GoodSun
    GoodSun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

crazy night, but thats part of the game you win and lose.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    What a pussy
    You can't really blame him though. I mean, how do you call out the 170 pound champ when you got beat by an un-ranked 170 pound fighter, and how can you hope to get a fight with the 155 pound champ when you just got submitted by the #5 ranked light weight fighter?

His upcoming fight with Frankie will be make or break for him.

iloseagain

nate diaz is borderline retarded

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Dammm Daniel ... 2k points parlayed holly and McMouth, smoked me like that lol

First ... 212223242526 Last