CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Tate vs. Holm

I'm leaning towards Miesha is this one. It will be a 5 rounder and I agree with Miesha... she will present different problems for Holly. She will be much more patient than Ronda was. I also think Miesha can get a TD and grind on Holly but we shall see.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

The Value is 100% There...

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Horrible fighter iq, worse in the ufc, I wouldn't risk more than a fraction of a unit on cupcake. The line favors a bet on tate, but nothing too big,1 3rd., maybe 2 3rds of a Unit at most, simply because you have to rely on her fighting a smart gameplan. No bet for me, but I'll be rooting for mieshas fine ass to get the belt.

PaperTrail07

Yeah...if she ran head on into a headkick I wouldnt be shocked...then again...she gets the takedown i woudltn be shocked to see that stopped either----Value=TATE There is no doubt she will be on point more than ever... I honestly feel she will avoid the standup for the most-part -maybe eat some hands on the way in--and win rounds...make Holm walk at her..pic a spot and all in lol...

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Yeah...if she ran head on into a headkick I wouldnt be shocked...then again...she gets the takedown i woudltn be shocked to see that stopped either----Value=TATE There is no doubt she will be on point more than ever... I honestly feel she will avoid the standup for the most-part -maybe eat some hands on the way in--and win rounds...make Holm walk at her..pic a spot and all in lol...
    Last Miesha fight was a complete disaster seen from a fight iq perspective, on the other hand holm performed a perfect gameplan. And how was holms grappling, pretty penetrating stellar and she did also show some excellent and unexpected strength. But Rhonda did make her look almost to good not showing up at all as well, so that need to be taking into account when looking at holms performance. Its another matchup than rhonda, but it feels very tempting to draw a straight line, since holm should and can make this a pure standup fight how could she loose? But reality seldom is that simple. Im staying out of this one.

PaperTrail07

I just think if Tate makes Holm Walk Foward, she will find a spot and tough out that takedown...once down.....I BELIEVE it will stay on the ground...

bjpenn85

I just think if Tate makes Holm Walk Foward, she will find a spot and tough out that takedown...once down.....I BELIEVE it will stay on the ground...
    Wasnt holm very strategic and patient last time out? Good movement, work well behind her jab, switch stances, sure youre not falling in love with the hope and believe that tate will perform here? Most of us believe that rhonda would walk past holm easily though so tate may show up just do the fact that anything could happen. Tate may for once follow a gameplan and fight smart, but i strongly doubt it. She remind me a bit of josh samman, smart, reflective but fights like a monkey.

PaperTrail07

yes but the camp predicted exactly what Rhonda would do...she came in like a fighting dummy...she waited and countered....Tate will have to switch things up...
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Wasnt holm very strategic and patient last time out? Good movement, work well behind her jab, switch stances, sure youre not falling in love with the hope and believe that tate will perform here? Most of us believe that rhonda would walk past holm easily though so tate may show up just do the fact that anything could happen. Tate may for once follow a gameplan and fight smart, but i strongly doubt it. She remind me a bit of josh samman, smart, reflective but fights like a monkey.

PaperTrail07

If Tate sits back and waits, makes Holly Advance....she will find a spot IMO

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Last Miesha fight was a complete disaster seen from a fight iq perspective, on the other hand holm performed a perfect gameplan. And how was holms grappling, pretty penetrating stellar and she did also show some excellent and unexpected strength. But Rhonda did make her look almost to good not showing up at all as well, so that need to be taking into account when looking at holms performance. Its another matchup than rhonda, but it feels very tempting to draw a straight line, since holm should and can make this a pure standup fight how could she loose? But reality seldom is that simple. Im staying out of this one.
    My thinking in a nut shell, good thoughts bj

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Somewhat agree with Tate's value. Pre-Holm's destruction of Rousey would probably have been Tate minus odds vs Holm, IMO. Unless Tate really improves in her standup and speed, I can't really see Holm losing this fight. Holm will be ready and Tate's best chance is to drag the fight to the ground which will be a tough task. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tate KO'd here. She'll be eager to defend her title and add some years on Tate's face.

PaperTrail07

All on value. Nothing more you could be dead on. 280 now

bjpenn85

All on value. Nothing more you could be dead on. 280 now
    How likely is a Tate victory in prosentage in your opinion?

bjpenn85

percentage lol

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

No one has managed to get Holly Holm down, yet. She has 100% takedown defense in the UFC. Watching her previous fights, Holm looks strong when she ties up, she shrugs people off as if they were a weight class or two lower. Miesha definitely has her work cut out for her if she's taking the fight to the ground.

Holly Holm's takedown defense versus Miesha Tate's striking defense, Tate has eaten solid shots from every good striker she's ever faced. I don't think she's ever managed to block or avoid any of the serious strikes people have thrown at her. Head kicks, knees, punches. They've all hit the target with full force.

Holly Holm has good takedown defense. Miesha Tate has poor striking defense, similar to how Ronda has poor striking defense. Against a power hitter like Holm its like waging a stone throwing war from a glass house.

Holm should win, unless something crazy happens. I have to say Miesha has improved and isn't the same person she was when she lost to Ronda the first two times.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 02-13-16 at 12:30 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

I Bet Miesha when that line first came out. Meisha Tate is simply is more well rounded then Holly Holms and has more ways too win in this match up.. Meisha won't rush in and get tagged standing like Rousey.. Meisha has better take downs with her wrestling base..

Meisha's wrestling and clinch work should be the difference in this match up.. She'll probably win rounds by taking down Holly.. Meisha by decision probably, or Holly Holm by KO.. This is a fight I probably will hedge..

- Holly Holms is extremely dangerous with her punches and kicks so you never know, her most likely pathway to victory is by KO..... Holly isn't gonna sub out Meisha.. Slight chance she could win by decision but I think if she is connecting with Meisha she'll probably drop her before the final bell.

- Meisha Tate is more of the grinder type, and she'll be looking to take this fight to ground to use her wrestling on Holly.. So she probably grinds out the decision win from the top position, no Meisha by KO or Submission most likely either. Slight chance should could pound out Holly Holm on the ground but I doubt it..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-13-16 at 11:29 AM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Erm. This highlights Miesha's biggest obstacle to defeating Holly.

Which is to say, Miesha gets hit with everything people throw at her. She doesn't have much in the way of striking defense. This is something that has plagued Tate throughout her career.

Can't find GIFs of it but other examples.

-Cat Zingano dropped Miesha with that big knee in the 3rd.
    -Sara McMann dropped Miesha with a big straight right in the 1st.
    -Jessica Eye was landing at will up until she lost focus in her fight with Miesha & Miesha started going for takedowns.

One might say Miesha has been dropped or rocked by big shots everytime she has fought a good striker in the last 4 years.

That's not a good thing when you're going up against someone with the movement, long range striking, pinpoint laser accuracy and timing of Holly Holm.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Tate could certainly get KO'd by HH....

Meisha Tate's wrestling vs Holly Holms striking is the real match up...
    Points Awarded:

JoshKnows46 gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

I would pound miesha.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    I would pound miesha.
    I would too.. Kinda hot...

PaperTrail07

I want over 3:1 honestly. Not doubting Holm just think a motivated Tate is worth 3:1 vs a somewhat untested mma fighter. Hoping her fight iq magically increases. Fight means everything to her

PaperTrail07

I just dont think it will be as easy as everyone thinks. That's for sure

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

the machine is praying for a holm win. don't penetrate up their cash cow rematch...

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

No clear thinker on the planet should be taking TAte and her awful game plans

Thor4140

Capt, I'm stunned u wrote this post. If the fight was an even line would u still take TAte or is this a value play for u? Usually, like in almost always ,we are on the same page. The clear thinking comment I would have never wrote if I remember u wrote it lol.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 02-15-16 at 03:15 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Points Awarded:

Unwritten Law gave THE_LOCKSMITH 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ There is some wiggle to that jiggle.. Meisha got back and her fake rack me likey too...

I'm still waiting to see her get kicked in the chest and watch one of her silicon explode on impact...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-16 at 11:17 PM.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Capt, I'm stunned u wrote this post. If the fight was an even line would u still take TAte or is this a value play for u? Usually, like in almost always ,we are on the same page. The clear thinking comment I would have never wrote if I remember u wrote it lol.
    I've been going back and forth on this one. My biggest concern is the size difference, Holly is a big strong 135er and Miesha would be fighting at 125 if they had that division. Value for sure on Miesha.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    I've been going back and forth on this one. My biggest concern is the size difference, Holly is a big strong 135er and Miesha would be fighting at 125 if they had that division. Value for sure on Miesha.
    Miesha is braindead with her gameplans and i thought it was just nerves until i heard her say stylistically Holly was a terrible matchup for Rhonda. I took Holms in the Rhonda fight and if that fight never happen i still would take Holly against Tate. Only shot Tate has is if Holly has a OSP moment (foot) or a Jones moment (toe) Both big favs who almost lost to a freak thing. Mesha will prolly shoot just like Badar did and than slug it out getting smashed on her feet. Or maybe just slug it out like a clown. Miesha is the (god i can't think of his name) of the girls division. The BJJ blackbelt who rather slug it out and rather get knocked out. I'll be back with his name later.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Meisha Tate is one of the better MMA women fighters in the UFC today that actually lasted the longest against Rhonda Rousey in her prime.. To think Holly Holm walks right thru Meisha is absurd.. Meisha has a chance as this is a different stylistic match up..

Rousey came forward like a robot against HH and I don't see Meisha doing the same and getting kicked in the face and knocked out.. A wrestling based fighter is alot different then a Judo based fighter..

Cup cake has rattled off 4 straight wins in the UFC now, this is her chance.. She hasn't been knocked out or stopped by strikes in over 3 years now.. Cat Zingano...

Meisha has the wrestling and Holly has the striking.. What usually wins in MMA striking or wrestling? http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Miesha-Tate-26252

HH is in for a war, defending the title is alot harder then getting it. Alot of fighters have a natural let down.... She might win but it won't be easy... HH hasn't been knocking chicks out of the box in every mma fight like a Mike Tyson.. She went to decision against many no names prior to beating Rhonda Rousey..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Holly-Holm-75125

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-16 at 11:07 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Meisha Tate by decision is a possibility in this fight with her wrestling as most of her fight wins have gone the distance recently. With that being said..

Unanimous decision probably... Not out yet..

I tried this for small on a long shot.... This is a 5 round fight though and that's a long time to go even for Meisha.. She's never gone 5 rounds before so that's why I call this a bit of a long shot.. Still it could happen...

Pending3/5/16 11:30pm MMA Props Fighting 1107 Tate wins by 5 round decision +520* vs Not Tate by 5 round decision

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-15-16 at 11:24 PM.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Ronda labelled "most dangerous athelete". Ronda beats Miesha twice. Holly beats Ronda. Holly beats Miesha. is it that hard? Thread Closed.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I'll take Holm's high fight IQ over Tate's low fight IQ

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Hopefully the odds goes down for Holm as I am definitely taking her. This isn't a beauty contest, otherwise I'd probably pick Tate.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well fellas if Holly Holm can defend the title and beat Cup Cake convincingly I will then be a believer and come on board the Holly Holm gravy train.. I need one more fight before I jump in head first..

Will probably hedge with the HH by KO prop when it comes out as I'm not stupid...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-16-16 at 12:21 AM.

12 Last