jordanft19
    Ottawa, ON Canada
    jordanft19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

McGregor to win by KO/TKO prop worth it?

Anyone's thoughts on this

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

The odds are about the same on the McGregor KO -105 vs straight win -120 so it's like what ever.. McGregors only pathway to victory is probably by KO in this fight though.. Could maybe win by decision but that's not likely..

McGregor said he would knock out RDA in the first round, and the guy usually calls it right so it's more like the KO prop vs the 1st round finish prop is what you really should consider if you think McGregor is gonna win the fight...

1015 McGregor wins in round 1 +240

vs

1037 McGregor wins by TKO/KO -105

I'm kinda liking RDA by submission myself.. I think he takes McGregor down and works into full mount, Conor turns and gives his back and that's when RDA sinks in the rear naked choke.. The only concern is RDA might elect to flatten him out and pound him out instead and really punish McGregor.. Probably safer taking RDA ITD if you think he will win...

1039 Dos Anjos wins by submission +475

vs

1009 Dos Anjos wins inside distance +210
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-25-16 at 02:57 PM.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The odds are about the same on the McGregor KO -105 vs straight win -120 so it's like what ever.. McGregors only pathway to victory is probably by KO in this fight though.. Could maybe win by decision but that's not likely..

McGregor said he would knock out RDA in the first round, and the guy usually calls it right so it's more like the KO prop vs the 1st round finish prop is what you really should consider if you think McGregor is gonna win the fight...

1015 McGregor wins in round 1 <input id="editx" name="M1_251" size="4"> +240

vs

1037 McGregor wins by TKO/KO <input id="editx" name="M1_262" size="4"> -105

I'm kinda liking RDA by submission myself.. I think he takes McGregor down and works into full mount, Conor turns and gives his back and that's when RDA sinks in the rear naked choke.. The only concern is RDA might elect to flatten him out and pound him out instead and really punish McGregor.. Probably safer taking RDA ITD if you think he will win...

1039 Dos Anjos wins by submission <input id="editx" name="M1_263" size="4"> +475

vs

1009 Dos Anjos wins inside distance <input id="radiox" value="M1_248" name="radiox" type="radio">+210
    Your gonna be surprised by how hard it is for rda to take mcgregor down, he stuffed 4 of chad 7 takedowns with a torn mcl and acl, having his worse training camp, and looking like death at the weigh ins, chad is a better wrestler than rda, he also took Holloway down while injuried, and Holloway has exellent takedown defense.... mcgregor isn't pettis...if rda manages to take mcgregor down, sub would be rdas only path to victory, so that would be a nice hedge for us mcgregor bettors, rda isn't winning a dec or king mcgregor, he needs to push for the takedown from the very start...like many handicappers I've seen trying to breakdown this fight, they believe Rda can implement the same gameplan he did pettis, I believe Rda believes this as well, and that is why mcgregor is easy money, rda is coming in thinking he's fighting oettis, if you watched the last press confrence, mcgregor is already getting to him, he's already 2 rounds up on rda, while rda still doesn't know how he's gonna solve this puzzle, mcgregor already has the round and minute in which he drops him. Rda is gonna get starched

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Your gonna be surprised by how hard it is for rda to take mcgregor down, he stuffed 4 of chad 7 takedowns with a torn mcl and acl, having his worse training camp, and looking like death at the weigh ins, chad is a better wrestler than rda, he also took Holloway down while injuried, and Holloway has exellent takedown defense.... mcgregor isn't pettis...if rda manages to take mcgregor down, sub would be rdas only path to victory, so that would be a nice hedge for us mcgregor bettors, rda isn't winning a dec or king mcgregor, he needs to push for the takedown from the very start...like many handicappers I've seen trying to breakdown this fight, they believe Rda can implement the same gameplan he did pettis, I believe Rda believes this as well, and that is why mcgregor is easy money, rda is coming in thinking he's fighting oettis, if you watched the last press confrence, mcgregor is already getting to him, he's already 2 rounds up on rda, while rda still doesn't know how he's gonna solve this puzzle, mcgregor already has the round and minute in which he drops him. Rda is gonna get starched
    Well RDA is pretty solid and confident with his striking lately and can probably hold his own regardless toe to toe...

Based on the way RDA fought Pettis and Cowboy(the first time) he took both those striking based fighters down in just about every round and at will... RDA mixes it up well and has very good timed take downs when his opponents get aggressive with their striking.. McGregor will end up on his back if he doesn't get the KO early.....

Chad Mendez exposed McGregor, took him down and held him down.. RDA at the bigger weight will do the same if he's not getting comfortable standing... The only difference is RDA has very legit submission game which is still a glaring weak point in McGregor's game..

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

hit mcgoat ko +175 vs aldo and rnd 1 +525. was hoping for similar this fight but just took rnd 1 +400 opener. which has gotten bet down

JoshKnows46

Well RDA is pretty solid and confident with his striking lately and can probably hold his own regardless toe to toe... Based on the way RDA fought Pettis and Cowboy(the first time) he took both those striking based fighters down in just about every round and at will... RDA mixes it up well and has very good timed take downs when his opponents get aggressive with their striking.. McGregor will end up on his back if he doesn't get the KO early.....Chad Mendez exposed McGregor, took him down and held him down.. RDA at the bigger weight will do the same if he's not getting comfortable standing... The only difference is RDA has very legit submission game which is still a glaring weak point in McGregor's game..
    Mgregor doesn't have a weak point in his game, he has weaker strengths in comparison, similar to anderson silva, his sub game isn't at good as his striking, but no one's sub game is as good as mcgregors striking, he's Bjj is very good, do u understand that people get better, when have u seen him anywhere close to being subbed in the ufc. And like I told you my previous post, he stuffed 4 of mendes 7 takedowns with a torn mcl and acl, Mendes is a better wrestler than rda, so it won't come as east taking down mcgregor as it was cowboy and pettis, rda can not stand with mcgregor a whole round on the feet, yes he does need to get it to the ground and fast, you'd be foolish to think other wise. Thinking rda can stand with mcgregor is just as bad as when you said cruz could ko dillashaw, for comparison, it's that bad jibs, his style of striking is drastically better and drastically diffrent then pettis or cowboys.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-25-16 at 08:29 PM.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
    hit mcgoat ko +175 vs aldo and rnd 1 +525. was hoping for similar this fight but just took rnd 1 +400 opener. which has gotten bet down
    I hit the plus 400 as well for first round finish, wish I coulda got more on it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Can't argue the McGregor 1st round finish.. Good hedge bet even as the odds continue to drop with that prop since McGregor called the 1st round finish. McGregor's Irish lucky charms are about to run out though..

RDA takes this... McGregor bit off more then he could chew stepping up in weight.. His ego is writing checks his smaller body can't cash against RDA.. McMouth saw dollar signs taking this fight and that's gonna tax his Irish arse in the end!!

I'm gonna wait til the last minute to bet on RDA as I think those odds will blow up in favor of McGregor come fight time..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-25-16 at 09:53 PM.

JoshKnows46

Can't argue the McGregor 1st round finish.. Good hedge bet even as the odds continue to drop with that prop since McGregor called the 1st round finish. McGregor's Irish lucky charms are about to run out though..

RDA takes this... McGregor bit off more then he could chew stepping up in weight.. His ego is writing checks his smaller body can't cash against RDA.. McMouth saw dollar signs taking this fight and that's gonna tax his Irish arse in the end!!

I'm gonna wait til the last minute to bet on RDA as I think those odds will blow up in favor of McGregor come fight time..

connor has said he's 27 pounds heavier the next day after a weight cut, lightweight is his weight division jibby. he's 173 the very next day when fighting at featherweight, he walks around much heavier than 173 in his every day life, probable around 195, he will be the bigger man come fight time, he will have the height and reach advanatages as well. he's about the same size as GSP, rda is a big lightweight in his own right(who has also talked of going after the welterweight title) so it will be close but he's not as big as mcgregor. mcgrgeor is basically Johnson, but without the weight cutting issues, he's already talked of going up and taking robbie lawlers belt as well...he's gonna beat the brakes off of rda, no matter how much you hope and wish otherwise. this huge weight and strength diffrence your making up in your head, is just that, made up. have you seen mcgregor at the weighins, he looks like a crack addict, 155 is his division, he wont be able to make 145 much longer.

here's a picture of him next to gsp...

https://www.instagram.com/p/eK1fFlrzsU/
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-26-16 at 01:26 AM.

FreddieUFC
    FreddieUFC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Hard to bet against Conor at the moment, but that cut Mendes gave him above his right eye worries me a little. Aldo managed to re-open it with a single left which lost a lot of its power before it even connected.

RDA will surely try to take it to the mat early on, but if he stands & trades you've got to think a southpaw like himself will surely connect a few times with that target, especially as Conor does tend to get hit a lot.

Not committing on this one just yet, methinks...