UFC Fight Night 81: January 17th, 2016

On these two early..as of January 3rd

Eddie Alvarez Wins By 3 Round Dec +500 Risking $250 to win $1250

TJ Dillashaw -140 Risking $3500 to win $2500

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

but Dillashaw loses and Alvarez gets knocked out.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    but Dillashaw loses and Alvarez gets knocked out.
    You also said duffy was gonna knock out Poirior, so i'll take your opinion for what its worth. If that's what you're betting on, Good luck with that.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-04-16 at 02:54 AM.

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    You also said duffy was gonna knock out Poirior, so i'll take your opinion for what its worth. If that's what you're betting on, Good luck with that.
    I don't need luck.

JoshKnows46

I don't need luck.
    Sorry bud, but You do! Alverez and Dillashaw are both no brainers, just like poirior was, even a novice coulda saw that one sided beat down coming....bet what you want, but you'll be shown once again why my name is JoshKnows. You bet against me, you're throwing your money away, this is simple. Review more, Atleast consider not betting these fights.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-04-16 at 03:16 PM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

For this coming fight, Anthony Pettis has been working with Izzy Martinez, Holly Holm and Jon Jones wrestling coach. Hope no one is banking on Alvarez taking Pettis down. People Izzy coaches almost never get taken down when they train seriously for fights.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    For this coming fight, Anthony Pettis has been working with Izzy Martinez, Holly Holm and Jon Jones wrestling coach. Hope no one is banking on Alvarez taking Pettis down. People Izzy coaches almost never get taken down when they train seriously for fights.
    You never called out a little apology for making an ass out of yourself claiming sage nortchut would loose.

A couple of weeks later after pretending it never happened you called me out:

"Ey BJ, how good did sage northcut look in that first round"

Bj: Won inside distance homey.

Sanity goes silence.....Check! Youre such a chubby little little loser, even david bowie hates you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7S6-Ta3yg

bjpenn85

I think you believe here that alvarez can take Pettis down. He probably cant. I think a failt we bettors often do is believing fighters dont adjust. Many times they do, Barboza won the standup knowing Ferguson would pressure him, and fought excellent backwards. You cant beat ferguson, so he had to loose but he really made an impressive effort to adjust. Or even Brandado against T-city, he acknowledged T-citys talent and paced himself and arguably and outstruck T-city for two rounds, but you just cant beat a gracie product on the feet. In this figth i dont see pettis having this huge gap that can be exposed, he fought the worlds best fighter and god taken down, but most guys will get taken down with the pressure dos anjos sets. So even though it holds value, im not sure how sold i am betting Alvarez in this spot.

bjpenn85

on the ground, obviously, you can beat all gracies on the feet. even i can.

UncleChael

Sorry bud, but You do! Alverez and Dillashaw are both no brainers, just like poirior was, even a novice coulda saw that one sided beat down coming....bet what you want, but you'll be shown once again why my name is JoshKnows. You bet against me, you're throwing your money away, this is simple. Review more, Atleast consider not betting these fights.
    Do you even train UFC, bro?

bjpenn85

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7S6-Ta3yg

Little fat man who sold his soul
    Little fat man who sold his dream

Pathetic little fat man
    No one's bloody laughing
    The clown that no one laughs at
    They all just wish he'd die

He's so depressed at being hated
    Sanity takes his own life
    He blows his stupid brains out
    But the twat would probably miss

Sanity sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame
    He's got no style, he's got no grace
    He's banal and facile, he's a fat waste of space

See his pug-nosed face
    Pug, pug, pug, pug
    See his pug-nosed face
    Pug, pug, pug, pug
    See his pug-nosed face
    Pug, pug, pug, pug
    The little fat man with the pug-nosed face

bjpenn85

...but dont forget that cruz split ya heard...

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7S6-Ta3yg

Little fat man who sold his soul
    Little fat man who sold his dream

Pathetic little fat man
    No one's bloody laughing
    The clown that no one laughs at
    They all just wish he'd die

He's so depressed at being hated
    Sanity takes his own life
    He blows his stupid brains out
    But the twat would probably miss

Sanity sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame
    He's got no style, he's got no grace
    He's banal and facile, he's a fat waste of space

See his pug-nosed face
    Pug, pug, pug, pug
    See his pug-nosed face
    Pug, pug, pug, pug
    See his pug-nosed face
    Pug, pug, pug, pug
    The little fat man with the pug-nosed face
    bjpenn85's theme song.

JoshKnows46

Do you even train UFC, bro?
    Do I even train ultimate fighting championship? make sense bro....it's Mma, ufc isn't the sport.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    You never called out a little apology for making an ass out of yourself claiming sage nortchut would loose.

A couple of weeks later after pretending it never happened you called me out:

"Ey BJ, how good did sage northcut look in that first round"

Bj: Won inside distance homey.

Sanity goes silence.....Check! Youre such a chubby little little loser, even david bowie hates you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7S6-Ta3yg
    btw, responding seriously this time.

Go back and read anything I said about Sage Northcutt or anyone else. Go back and read anything I said about Condit vs Lawler if you like. I doubt you'll find much I was wrong about. I thought Sage was overrated then. People were giving him too much credit saying his striking, wrestling and grappling were top tier, exaggerating how good he is. My opinion hasn't changed. Sage is still overrated.

He might not be overrated enough to lose to Cody Pfister and others ranked below the top 30 in the division. That doesn't mean he isn't overrated. Will his hype train be derailed? Who knows. I never claimed to be psychic. But for those predicting Sage Northcutt will be ranked in the top 5 or the top 10 anytime soon, I think they'll be disappointed.

bjpenn85

bjpenn85's theme song.

Haha, this did nothing to prove that you were mistaken siding with franscisco trevino and then pfister. Sure, this has to be my theme song because you lost some bets - same faulty logic strikes again!

UncleChael

Do I even train ultimate fighting championship? make sense bro....it's Mma, ufc isn't the sport.
    I'm only trolling. Good luck with your bets.
    Points Awarded:

flyingillini gave UncleChael 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini

bjpenn85

btw, responding seriously this time.

Go back and read anything I said about Sage Northcutt or anyone else. Go back and read anything I said about Condit vs Lawler if you like. I doubt you'll find much I was wrong about. I thought Sage was overrated then. People were giving him too much credit saying his striking, wrestling and grappling were top tier, exaggerating how good he is. My opinion hasn't changed. Sage is still overrated.

He might not be overrated enough to lose to Cody Pfister and others ranked below the top 30 in the division. That doesn't mean he isn't overrated. Will his hype train be derailed? Who knows. I never claimed to be psychic. But for those predicting Sage Northcutt will be ranked in the top 5 or the top 10 anytime soon, I think they'll be disappointed.
    Jesus, so if i betted Northcut i automatic have him in my top 10 or believe his hype? No. I knew he was overrated and the odds was off, he shouldnt have been -400, but i knew the ufc gave him a fights he could win twice, and probably in the future as well. Youre simply trying to save your ass giving me opinions i never demonstrated, obviously you know that, no point of trying convince anyone on this forum am that stupid. A bunch of people have been on this forum for a long period, and we have seen this phenomenon long before you even startet capping mma. we saw something you didnt, that northcut was easily a lot better than trevino. You even went to the point you said you betted trevino at +400 or whatever. Dont try to tell me you didnt post this, you did. It annoys me so much you believe you can come back and say, but seriously....lets be honest, when youre not 1% honest of what you said. PATHETIC PATHETICH AND UTTER FAKKICKNG PATHETIC. and bitch am out haha

bjpenn85

Originally Posted by Sanity Check
    There's a reason why Holly Holm finished all her fights except for 1 by KO/TKO in Invicta and other small organizations before she got to the UFC. After Holly Holm got to the UFC all her fights went to a decision and she didn't look nearly as impressive as she had when she was fighting in smaller promotions. There can be a noticeable difference in the level of competition when making the jump from KOTC, Invicta and other small promotions to the UFC where pretty much everyone is tough.

If we're talking about Sage Northcutt, other than his physique there's nothing I see that is impressive. When he defends takedowns he doesn't do basic things like pushing on the head, scooting his hips back, hand fighting or making basic adjustments. When he strikes neither his kicks or punches look good, his movement doesn't look good, his jiu jitsu looks average, slow and predictable. Maybe he didn't take those fights he's had seriously and didn't train much for them. Maybe he will look a million times better in his UFC debut when he trains seriously and puts more effort into it. As far as I know, Sage is a kid who has no real training or sparring partners, no real team, no real coaching staff or expertise. On top of that it doesn't seem like he travels to other gyms or places to learn the way a lot of amateur and pro MMA fighters do, he just stays in his own little world. Will that be enough to allow him to do well in the UFC? I doubt it. But anything's possible.

Fracisco Trevino missed weight and looked terrible at weigh ins. Hopefully it won't have a negative impact on his performance but he looked a bit defeated on the scale and might have already gave up mentally. In which case we might have to wait till Sage's next fight to really see if he's any good or not.

Sage is impressive, what youre saying about his skills is def not true. He does actually look impressive. but against nobody, we can all agree on that. Is he as good as donald cerrone, or adriano martins, or even k.j. Noons, not at all, i am to not convinced he can compete at the top in at least two-three years. But can he beat Trevino, yes he can, and he probably will.

JoshKnows46

I'm only trolling. Good luck with your bets.
    Same, good luck to you

opinionator
    opinionator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1023

love the take no prisoners attitude you bring to this shit josh

bjpenn85

I have went back and forth a little bit on Alvarez and Pettis and come to realise i dont have any faith in Alvarez, instead of letting my thoughts circulate i gathered my own top 7 reasons why alvarez wont win, here it is folks:
    Top 10
    1. Athletic gap
    2. Age disparity
    3. Ediie alvarez chin
    4. Eddie alvares failure to move away when getting hit. Often times he stand right in front of his opponent after getting rocked, just watch round 1. against melendez.
    5. Anthony pettis is furious, he has went underground after his loss against RDA, hired a wrestling coach, and sounds blood thirsty. He is probably making adjustments to account for his weak wrestling performance in his last two fights.
    6.Anthony Pettis does usually find room for a sub, if he doesnt KO people out, so if Alvarez is taking down pettis with regularity, dont be suprised if pettis submits alvarez in the later rounds.
    6. Alvares may have beaten Gilbert in his last fight, but he looked slow, they both did. Im not too impressed of Alvarez showing in the UFC. He had one good round against Cerrone, but after that, blæh.
    7. Alvares doesnt only have a questionable chin, he do have excellent recovery as well because he often comes back and win after getting rocked. Alvarez as we know, always getting rocked. Its like he has to get rocked to wake up or something. But how likely is it that alvarez is getting back in this fight? How often do we see Pettis hurting people without getting the finish? Please share, cause i have never seen this. He flattens people and gets in for the kill.

And thats probably the most likely thing to happen in this fight, if not, Pettis perhaps win a decision. Alvarez usually win by decision, and is not likely to finish, so if playing alvarez, decision si the only way to play him IMO.

bjpenn85

So....not top 10 but 7, yeah, whatever.

bjpenn85

8. Speed 9. Striking diversity. 10. Hes more christian, thats more or less a fact.

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

Haven't gotten too deep into this card, but my first thought is that Dillishaw is in a really good spot. Who knows what Cruz will be on that night? Multiple knee surgeries, almost a year and a half off... Yes he KO'd mizugaki but that was so quick we didn't really get to see much. It's been over 3 years since we've really seen him perform in a competitive fight. Dillishaw will be in shape, and he will be crisp, quick, and ready to go all 5 rounds. I don't think it will be pretty for Cruz as this fight hits later rounds. He has too much working against him.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

The way this fight was put together, it brings out a suspicion in me that the UFC knows Cruz is basically done as a fighter at the championship level (too many injuries, too inactive, probably has little desire to fight anymore, also has commentating side-gig going he seems to be content with, etc...). After a really long layoff they brought him back to smash a relative non-contender, and now all of a sudden he's fighting for the belt - exclusively on past glory. Hmmm...

He is hyping up this fight... or hyping up himself actually, like he really wants everyone to believe he can win this, though he probably himself knows that he doesn't stand much of a chance. He's doing his job talking... Would not be surprised if he retired after this fight. Even if he wins.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Abdul-Kerin Edilov (knee) has withdrawn from the UFC fight vs Francimar Barroso. The replacement has yet to been named.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I like it Sir Alvarez -love the guy as a fighter

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Either that or this is HIS LAST STAND-----1 shot at the belt and DONE.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    The way this fight was put together, it brings out a suspicion in me that the UFC knows Cruz is basically done as a fighter at the championship level (too many injuries, too inactive, probably has little desire to fight anymore, also has commentating side-gig going he seems to be content with, etc...). After a really long layoff they brought him back to smash a relative non-contender, and now all of a sudden he's fighting for the belt - exclusively on past glory. Hmmm...

He is hyping up this fight... or hyping up himself actually, like he really wants everyone to believe he can win this, though he probably himself knows that he doesn't stand much of a chance. He's doing his job talking... Would not be surprised if he retired after this fight. Even if he wins.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

The only way Alvarez wins is if Dos Anjos has taken away Showtimes heart i truly doubt that this has happen. Beating a gassed Melendez doesn't mean much and this is from a guy who has hung out with Eddie. If Eddie gets hurt he will be finished by a guy who knows how to finish. Oh and a shit gift decision is always a possibility.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 01-11-16 at 08:53 PM.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

one potential issue is there's no way that Alvarez gets a relatively close decision. It would hurt Pettis rep too much and he's a golden boy

JoshKnows46

Added:
    TJ Dillashaw -145 Risking $3500 (for a total of $7000 risked)

TJ Dillashaw wins inside 5 round distance +315 Risking $500
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: UncleChael

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Added:
    TJ Dillashaw -145 Risking $3500 (for a total of $7000 risked)

TJ Dillashaw wins inside 5 round distance +315 Risking $500

What made you double your bet on TJ? That's a lot of risk

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Well you threw away money betting against Pettis I see

1234 Last