Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Crazy.

Just watched the presser says he's thinking of quitting n why blame him.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

so condit out punches him every round and loses the fight?

knock down should be 1 - 1. condit knocked him down in the first round.

only reason why lawler was going for a ko in the 5th was he knew he was behind the scorecard.

there is no way he would be pressing that hard if he thought he was winning the fight.

i doubt condit's gonna quit but what other game plan can he have for the rematch? land more shots?

the guy landed twice as much significant shots for crying out loud.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Robbie the ruthless robber

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Politics man become the Spanish Obama gotta be more money in that game.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

These Welterweight title fights over the last couple years have all had controversial decisions

Condit/Diaz (inteirm belt)

GSP/Hendricks

Hendricks/Lawler

Hendricks/Lawler 2

Lawler/MacDonald - Never went to decision but Rory was up 3-1 on the judges score cards, if he lasted the 5th and pulled out a 48-47 win looking all bloodied up people would be upset aswell

Lawler/Condit

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    These Welterweight title fights over the last couple years have all had controversial decisions

Condit/Diaz (inteirm belt)

GSP/Hendricks

Hendricks/Lawler

Hendricks/Lawler 2

Lawler/MacDonald - Never went to decision but Rory was up 3-1 on the judges score cards, if he lasted the 5th and pulled out a 48-47 win looking all bloodied up people would be upset aswell

Lawler/Condit
    moral of the story, if you bet against lawler going into the 5th, and you are clearly ahead on the score board, you need to hedge with lawler at plus odds, becuase chances are you get screwed, or lawlers burst of energy gets him the ko. fukin paper champion.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-03-16 at 03:23 AM.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Cant blame Conduit for quitting ufc he gave everything he had in that fight and got robbed, Conduit can earn the same money in japan mma.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Rd 1: Close Condit, but close.. He hits him with an upjab and pushes him, there was no legit knockdown.
    Rd 2: Clear Lawler, demolishes Condit with that hook and big ground and pound.
    Rd 3: Very close... Lawler did more damage, Carlos threw a lot more, most of which was slipped/checked. Difference is that Lawler
    actually slips while Carlos throws at him, and doesnt wait til after getting hit with a big bomb to stand around trying to look slick. Slight edge Condit on output maybe?
    Rd 4: Condit clear. Hurts him on the cage and flurries.
    Rd 5: Lawler clear, Can't believe Carlos stayed standing for that shit.. Condit did some work on the inside, but got absolutely blasted.

Very very close. Had no problem with it going to Lawler to be honest. All comes down to Rd 3.

Watched it with sound off though, I'm sure Rogan was sucking off Condit herky jerky movement and ineffective kicks off like a 2 dollar hooker though. Less movement coach, more boxing coach, Condit. He had the tools to take this fighter much easier.

Anyone calling this the robbery of the century or whatever are as dumb as the hendricks/GSP whiners, about a tossup fight.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Rd 1: Close Condit, but close.. He hits him with an upjab and pushes him, there was no legit knockdown.
    Rd 3: Very close... Lawler did more damage, Carlos threw a lot more, most of which was slipped/checked. Difference is that Lawler
    actually slips while Carlos throws at him, and doesnt wait til after getting hit with a big bomb to stand around trying to look slick. Slight edge Condit on output maybe?
    Rd 5: Lawler clear, Can't believe Carlos stayed standing for that shit.. Condit did some work on the inside, but got absolutely blasted.

Very very close. Had no problem with it going to Lawler to be honest. All comes down to Rd 3.

Watched it with sound off though, I'm sure Rogan was sucking off Condit herky jerky movement and ineffective kicks off like a 2 dollar hooker though. Less movement coach, more boxing coach, Condit. He had the tools to take this fighter much easier.

Anyone calling this the robbery of the century or whatever are as dumb as the hendricks/GSP whiners, about a tossup fight.
    The judges should have been fired long before this fight even happened. They always voted for the fighter who lost as far as as it was possible, even in a fight like tumenov vs larkin which the oddsmakers had it 1.10 in the third round. I have never ever seen so lopsided odds at the live section of every bookie, and then the complete opposite result one would expect. How ofte does does several large underdogs, at the live betting section seconds from the last bell actually go to win on the same card. The judges have different set of criteria for every fight, and i think its the inconsistency which makes people angry. The fakking inconsistency.If only lawler won, it would have been one faulty decision and, one faulty decision once in a while is acceptable. But the take home message is obviously to adjust when these judges show up. I think the judges in MMA last couple of years has improved. For those of us that has followed the sport for a while, there was a couple of years ago, it felt like this happened all the time. It was the big talk almost after every event. Bad judges call appear less frequent then before and we should all be thankful for that development.

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

Disappointed for Condit. He fought the fight of his life and came as close to winning a championship as possible only for it to be taken from him. If he doesn't get an immediate rematch it's possible he never gets another title shot.

I think Woodley/Lawler will be the next title fight. Maybe matchup MacDonald/Condit with winner getting the next shot. Welterweight division is fukkin loaded. Hard enough to earn a title shot and then you win the fukkin fight only to have the judges hand out a shitty decision.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post

Condit stumbled on the knockdown in the 2nd and clearly won the round outside of a couple overblown punches from Lawler. Not sure what fight you watched in the 3rd. Lawler landed nothing. You're such a fuggin clown

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Had it clearly 3 rounds to 2 for Condit.. Robbery.. Cost me 1000 bucks in winnings.. One judge had it Condit, other 2 were blind...

Still won a few bucks on this event but could have killed it if Condit got the Maj/Split instead of Lawler... I mentioned in an early post Lawler has a knack for getting sympathy from the judges.. That's the second fight he won by default.. Johny Hedricks was the 1st..

By the way Lawler by Maj/Split decision prop would have paid out over +2000 if I remember correctly.. I had thought about that for 25 bucks to win over 500 bucks but thought no hedges on Lawler.. I focked up...

Next.....

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Does anybody else wanna see immediate rematch? 25 mins pure violence

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Does anybody else wanna see immediate rematch? 25 mins pure violence

To be honest, I want to see a re-dedicated Johnny Hendricks dominate him like he did in the first fights

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This thread pulled in over 17,000 views.. That might be the most views I've seen on an event thread in years..

It's jumping and bumping up in here lately fellas...

TPowell

I keep staying on here because its a support group. I just can't believe Condit got robbed even after sleeping it off

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

For those saying it was a close fight, was Condit really in trouble of getting ko'd or tko'd? Honestly? Even that knockdown in the 2nd he wasn't in trouble. He recovered quickly. So my beef with Lawler is he didn't land enough shots to win the fight. Most of the time he was just backing off. Only round he came to fight was in the 5th where he knew he was behind. In his mind he knew he needed to knock out condit. Even then he still got out punched. Some of you are misunderstanding the scoring system. It's whoever lands the most significant shots.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    For those saying it was a close fight, was Condit really in trouble of getting ko'd or tko'd? Honestly? Even that knockdown in the 2nd he wasn't in trouble. He recovered quickly. So my beef with Lawler is he didn't land enough shots to win the fight. Most of the time he was just backing off. Only round he came to fight was in the 5th where he knew he was behind. In his mind he knew he needed to knock out condit. Even then he still got out punched. Some of you are misunderstanding the scoring system. It's whoever lands the most significant shots.
    for the love of God, where the hell have you been? Like you said, pretty sure Condit got hit by Robbie and tried to move away and stumbled down. That 5th round, Lawler had his moments but Condit fired back with some solid shots himself. They judged it off the way the guys faces looked though, of course

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

shoutout to bjpenn, he called the split dec win for lawlar as a hedge in my thread, I shoulda listened to him. judges robbery dec was the only way he was winning this fight, he had no path to victory as predicted, he lost, and the judges gifted him another one. big ups to bj penn though, hope you did that hedge you suggested. on to the next card, shits done here, we lost, would be a shame if they didnt give lawlar the rematch, as condits the champion, i beieve thats the fight they make next.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 01-03-16 at 01:44 PM.

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

I just keep shaking my head when I think about Condit's performance last night and how in the end it still wasn't enough for him to win the damn belt in the eyes of the judges. Gotta be the most disheartening thing ever.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

But it's getting to a point this crap doesn't surprise me anymore. Even my pops said before the decision, he said condit won but you never know with these judges. This is coming from a guy that never puts a dime on the fights.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Not-A-Kid View Post
    I just keep shaking my head when I think about Condit's performance last night and how in the end it still wasn't enough for him to win the damn belt in the eyes of the judges. Gotta be the most disheartening thing ever.
    Tell me about it, was up about $550 on the card going into this fight.... Was looking at winning this as well at the split and then the 3rd judge screwed me and Condit..

Had $200 on Condit straight to win.. These props too..

$50.00 $157.50 Loss 1/2/16 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1007 Condit wins by 5 round decision +315* vs Not Condit by 5 round decision

$100.00 $315.00 Loss 1/2/16 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1007 Condit wins by 5 round decision +315* vs Not Condit by 5 round decision

$50.00 $512.50 Loss 1/2/16 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1045 Condit wins by 5 rnd split/majority dec +1025* vs Any other result
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-03-16 at 02:14 PM.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I personally thought it could go either way depending how you looked at the 3rd round. If you gave the 3rd round to lawler i think it was 2-2 going into the 5th, of which lawler clearly won the 5th.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20421

Quote Originally Posted by Not-A-Kid View Post
    Yeah, I feel bad for him. He won that fight and most agree.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  195.1 KB
    Last edited by spurginobili; 01-03-16 at 02:59 PM.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by spurginobili View Post
    Yeah, I feel bad for him. He won that fight and most agree.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  195.1 KB
    amazing that many people thought Robbie won round 2. It was just like the first except he landed a couple punches and got a controversial knockdown out of 1

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    shoutout to bjpenn, he called the split dec win for lawlar as a hedge in my thread, I shoulda listened to him. judges robbery dec was the only way he was winning this fight, he had no path to victory as predicted, he lost, and the judges gifted him another one. big ups to bj penn though, hope you did that hedge you suggested. on to the next card, shits done here, we lost, would be a shame if they didnt give lawlar the rematch, as condits the champion, i beieve thats the fight they make next.
    After all the plays that went in at the beginning of the event, i actually bought back 80% con the condit bet. Not because i believed lawler would win, but the judges didnt give me confidence that condit would win more convincingly than Tumenov over Larkin. A clear 30-27 was decided a split twice, so looking back, we should have known that its wasnt more than a 50/50 chance of Condit winning, but in my head it wasnt even 50/50. I thought that since i want Condit to win, it probably wouldn happen (obviously a subjective gut feeling) + the fact that every bet went hole in one the whole evening, so i didnt want to risk 2000 dollar having slightly less than 50/50 chance. So i choose to have a little bit on condit split dec, and my intitial hedge on lawler split cashed to win 600 dollars. It wasnt satisfying at all. i would much rather donated half of my earnings to see Condit win.

I would also like to thank you Josh for the inspiration last events. I have doubled up on all bets, and won 3000 dollars easily last three weeks. You have def have given me the courage to bet more aggressively. I have played too safe for too long.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ What were the odds on that Split prop BJ?.. I kinda remember it being over +2000 when I checked. Maybe +2350 is what I remember perhaps???....

Either way great prop hit.. Smart man!!

Robbie Lawler kinda has that same Cathal Pendred decision gift of luck going on.... I need to remember that..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-03-16 at 04:32 PM.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ What were the odds on that Split prop BJ?.. I kinda remember it being over +2000 when I checked. Maybe +2350 is what I remember perhaps???....

Either way great prop hit.. Smart man!!

Robbie Lawler kinda has that same Cathal Pendred decision gift of luck.. I need to remember that..
    I got at +661, so it wasnt that insane, for 3-4 years ago all split were +2000 those days are gone, but split dec are far more common now then ever. And all close fights appears to end in split dec, now even 100% full blown unanimous dec victories have a pretty decent chance of ending in a split dec.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    I got at +661, so it wasnt that insane, for 3-4 years ago all split were +2000 those days are gone, but split dec are far more common now then ever. And all close fights appears to end in split dec, now even 100% full blown unanimous dec victories have a pretty decent chance of ending in a split dec.
    Really? Wow, I must have been thinking of another fight then.. Hmmm?

I agree, split/dec happen very often and needless to say the odds jump to double or more when comparing with the unanimous dec props... Worth a small shot on the fights ya think will go the distance anyways..

Loss 1/2/16 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1045 Condit wins by 5 rnd split/majority dec +1025* vs Any other result
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 01-03-16 at 04:44 PM.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Really? Wow, I must have been thinking of another fight then.. Hmmm?

I agree, split/dec happen very often and needless to say the odds jump to double or more when comparing with the unanimous dec props... Worth a small shot on the fights ya think will go the distance anyways..

Loss 1/2/16 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1045 Condit wins by 5 rnd split/majority dec +1025* vs Any other result
    I may have gotten the line to late thoug, all i know is that i got it at +661, but it was also down ball park +450 at one point also.

KingHawkins
    KingHawkins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21284

That fixed BS cost me $2580. almost 24hrs and it still stings.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Condit stumbled on the knockdown in the 2nd and clearly won the round outside of a couple overblown punches from Lawler. Not sure what fight you watched in the 3rd. Lawler landed nothing. You're such a fuggin clown
    HAhahahahhaha Condit won the second? Are you fuking high? I guess somebody who wants to watch Hendricks try and put another mans ballsack in his mouth, while the opponent tries to punch him, must be on drugs though. You don't understand what damage is do you? "Yeah hendricks, suck them testicles, you're totally winning this fight, hard punches is irrelevant!!"

First ... 17181920