THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor (December 12, 2015)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor (for featherweight title)
    Chris Weidman vs. Luke Rockhold (for middleweight title)
    Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Souza
    Demian Maia vs. Gunnar Nelson
    Max Holloway vs. Jeremy Stephens

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Urijah Faber vs. Frankie Saenz
    Tecia Torres vs. Michelle Waterson
    Warlley Alves vs. Colby Covington
    Kevin Lee vs. Leonardo Santos

UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET
    Magomed Mustafaev vs. Joe Proctor
    John Makdessi vs. Yancy Medeiros
    Marcio Alexandre Jr. vs. Court McGee

Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 11-16-15 at 12:11 AM.
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave THE_LOCKSMITH 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

THE_LOCKSMITH

only 2 weeks away....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Only 2 weeks^^^ That's too long..

Well I guess the question going into this event is McMouth and Aldo really gonna square off this time around? It looks like they are..

After about a year in the wait I still like Jose Aldo's chances at +150... In like Flynn on Aldo!!!

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Im pumped for this card, conor via head clean off

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Best card of the year.. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Liking Demian Maia at -138 over Gunnar Nelson big time by the way.. Should be fun to see if the fight hits the ground.. However, Maia has been improving with his stand up over the years and I think he is clearly better the Gunnar Nelson in that department and that is where he should win this fight..

D Maia by decision is the call.. Chalk it up boys!!!

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    concur. conor is not a fake champ like rouse

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

I dont think conor will lose but someone needs to watch dana. If his 2nd cash cow loses he will be on suicide watch

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Best card of the year.. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Liking Demian Maia at -138 over Gunnar Nelson big time by the way.. Should be fun to see if the fight hits the ground.. However, Maia has been improving with his stand up over the years and I think he is clearly better the Gunnar Nelson in that department and that is where he should win this fight..

D Maia by decision is the call.. Chalk it up boys!!!

How is Maia not over -200? He's the much better fight on the feet and Gunnar's only path to winning is the sub.... against Demian Maia. I think Maia picks up an easy decision win here. Hard to see anything other than a poor judges decision ruining this play

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    concur. conor is not a fake champ like rouse
    True, he's not a champion at all.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    How is Maia not over -200? He's the much better fight on the feet and Gunnar's only path to winning is the sub.... against Demian Maia. I think Maia picks up an easy decision win here. Hard to see anything other than a poor judges decision ruining this play
    That's exactly what I was thinking when looking at this match up.... -138 is a steal..

Maia wins this fight standing or on the ground most likely. Gunnars strength is in his grappling/Jits though but it's Damian Maia he is facing.. Dare he try and take him down? I guess perhaps Gunnar Nelson could possibly get top control with a take down on Damian Maia but I doubt that as Maia has improved his own TD's and wrestling and would more then likely welcome a grappling exchange..

At worst they X each other out on the ground and the fight remains standing where DM picks Gunnar apart....

THE_LOCKSMITH

Gunner takes this...

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

I got Rockhold today at +140. I think the line will start edging down a bit? I already thought Luke was bigger and had more power but just read an article the other day about how Weidman has lost some weight and is already around 192-93? He better plan on coming into the ring bigger than that because Luke will probably be 205-210 lbs of ripped muscle. Luke looked twice the size of Machida or Bisping when he crushed them....he's a HUGE middleweight. I respect Chris but he's been besting some old-timers and he's not ready for this beast!!
    Rockhold by superior infliction of pain in the 3rd or 4th!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07, and KingofKings

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Improved striking =/= Good striking, jibb

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Improved striking =/= Good striking, jibb
    he'd be striking with Gunnar Nelson though....

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

12/12 can't come sooner!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Gunner takes this...
    Exactly how do you see him taking it Locky?

THE_LOCKSMITH

decision

TPowell

hard to imagine Gunnar getting a decision win IMO. The only takedowns Maia has given up lately were to Shields (1-12) and Alex Yakovlev who took him down in the third round for some reason after being dominated in the first 2.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I actually think D Maia if he wants can take down Gunnar Nelson.. I've seen improved trip TD's from Maia.. If anyone ends up on their back it's probably gonna be Gunnar Nelson..

Damian shouldn't get out pointed standing as well.. Gunnar Nelson has horrible stand up.. One trick pony with his ground game.. Maia is better at that trick... Maia is more well rounded simply put and fought way better competition to date.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Demian-Maia-14637

I would like to see this fight hit the ground though as an MMA fan.. I'd like to see just how good Gunnar Nelsons ground game holds up against a former decorated Jits world champion..

Damian Maia steam rolled Magny on the ground and made him look stupid in his last fight.

The sneaky Maia trip take down...

The methodical Maia full mount

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-30-15 at 08:54 PM.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    True, he's not a champion at all.
    then bet aldo genius

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    decision
    Interesting choice of victory method.... I think his only way to victory would be a well timed punch myself.. Don't see that happening though.

Gunnar has only 1 decision win in 15 pro fights. Oh and he has 1 decision loss also.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gunnar-Nelson-25246

Gunnar was getting exposed standing against Thatch until he landed a combination and got the sub win.. Rick Story kinda sucks and he beat out Gunnar Nelson over 5 rounds.. Damian Maia sub'd out Rick Story in round 1 when they fought by the way.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rick-Story-25989

Thatch was like here is my chin and please hit it.. lol.. Gunnar hit him with some girly punches too.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-30-15 at 10:32 PM.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Thatch was well sold by UFC.....

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Interesting choice of victory method.... I think his only way to victory would be a well timed punch myself.. Don't see that happening though.

Gunnar has only 1 decision win in 15 pro fights. Oh and he has 1 decision loss also.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gunnar-Nelson-25246

Gunnar was getting exposed standing against Thatch until he landed a combination and got the sub win.. Rick Story kinda sucks and he beat out Gunnar Nelson over 5 rounds.. Damian Maia sub'd out Rick Story in round 1 when they fought by the way.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rick-Story-25989

Thatch was like here is my chin and please hit it.. lol.. Gunnar hit him with some girly punches too.

idk Jib, Nelson was holding his own with Thatch before the knockdown. Better than I would have expected but I still think Maia is the play

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Aldo
    Rockhold
    Souza
    Holloway
    Gunnar Nelson
    Faber
    Alves
    Lee
    Mustafaev

FlipsideRM
    Summer 16
    FlipsideRM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3216

Why is Romero a dog?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Why is Romero a dog?
    Because Jacare Souza is a beast and a 5 time world Jits champion that's why.... He's also the younger fighter going in at 35 years of age..

Background

Souza was born in Vila Velha, Brazil, was raised in Cariacica, Brazil until the age of 15, and competed in football as a goalkeeper. Souza had a rough upbringing, and on the day he turned 15, he saw one of his good friends get shot to death. After this event, Souza's mother moved him to Manaus to go live with his brother and started training Judo and Brazilian jiu-jitsu when he was 17. He is a five-time World Jiu-Jitsu Champion, including gold medals in the Openweight class in 2003, 2004 and 2005. His other credentials include the 2005 77–87 kg ADCC Champion and the 2005 ADCC Absolute Division runner-up, only losing to Roger Gracie who outweighed him by approximately 25 lbs. Along with Roger Gracie and Marcelo Garcia, Souza is widely considered to be among the greatest BJJ practitioners of his time.

My money will be on Jacare...

1231 Souza wins by submission +225
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-02-15 at 01:55 AM.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by FlipsideRM View Post
    Why is Romero a dog?

Have you ever seen Souza? He's freakishly huge and he enters the ring on all 4s like some kind of Cro-Magnon man that hasn't evolved into walking upright yet and fights saber-toothed tigers for lunch. I actually haven't seen Romero fight but I heard he's a monster too but Souza is an absolute animal!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Have you ever seen Souza? He's freakishly huge and he enters the ring on all 4s like some kind of Cro-Magnon man that hasn't evolved into walking upright yet and fights saber-toothed tigers for lunch. I actually haven't seen Romero fight but I heard he's a monster too but Souza is an absolute animal!
    Romero is a freakish beast too.. That's what makes this match up interesting.. If this fight goes to the ground Jacare should get the sub win, even standing I think he is more technical then Romero.. Romero hits like a truck though...

He gasses fast though in fights and gets careless.. He does have a chin..

He absolutely steamed rolled Machida..

1229 Romero wins by TKO/KO +250
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-02-15 at 01:56 AM.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Aldo is the best pound for pound fighter in the world and for me these odds of 6/4 for him to win looks the bet of the year.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Thatch was well sold by UFC.....
    And joe rogan. Every fight is best p4p fighters on roster

TPowell

Romero is easily most athletic guy in the division

Unwritten Law

Unless Aldo is paid off, he shouldn't lose this fight. That's really my only concern when the big bucks are thrown in this match and UFC desperately needs McGregor to win, especially after Ronda was KO'd. I don't even think McGregor can beat Mendes in a full camp/didn't throw the fight. Frankie would take him as well. Both fighters Jose Aldo has beaten handily. Jibbby, you going big on Jose?

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Anybody else leaning U3 1/2 -115 For Weidman vs Rockhold??? I don't see this fight lasting 5 rounds

Unwritten Law

Interesting since both Weidman and Rockhold are legit finishers and obviously Weidman has never been finished. Really excited to see how they will approach the fight. Luke seems to be a bit more of the aggressor while Weidman is more of a counter striker, which he's really good at. 3.5 rounds might be a good bet to take the under. I would be a bit more hesitant if it was at 2.5. I'm expecting Rockhold to take center of the octagon, close the distance, and pick Weidman apart.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Jibbby, you going big on Jose?
    Yep, going fairly big on Jose Aldo.. This is the MMA Superbowl event for the year as far as I'm concerned so big money will be riding... Weidman vs Rockhold could easily be a headliner for another UFC event on it's own..

I'm big on Weidman too.. Gotta figure both Weidman and Aldo are well proven UFC champions, and both Rockhold and Mcfly are not.. Keeping it simple and to the point..

I think both fights stay standing, but I hope not as a fan....

Still pondering a play on these 3 props? Hmmmm?
    1035 Aldo wins by submission +594

1037 Aldo wins by TKO/KO +535
    1007 Aldo wins by 5 round decision +325
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-02-15 at 01:59 AM.

1234 ... Last