JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Anybody else leaning U3 1/2 -115 For Weidman vs Rockhold??? I don't see this fight lasting 5 rounds
    This fight could remain standing the entire time and become a point contest or stall out on the ground with Weidman on top.. Weidman is very hard to finish and so is Luke unless he gets kicked in the head Vitor style..

I think this fight could easily go to decision.. I'm staying aways from the over under personally.. It's a real wild card in my mind.. Weidman does have a slight chance to finish IMO by either KO or Sub perhaps..

1109 Weidman wins inside distance +172

Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-02-15 at 01:51 AM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This fight could remain standing the entire time and become a point contest or stall out on the ground with Weidman on top.
    If weidman ends up on top he's finishing. Thats his bread & butter. GnP

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I like aldo and rockhold.

My mind says connor but my heart says aldo. I think the old lion pulls out ontop here.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    I got Rockhold today at +140. I think the line will start edging down a bit? I already thought Luke was bigger and had more power but just read an article the other day about how Weidman has lost some weight and is already around 192-93? He better plan on coming into the ring bigger than that because Luke will probably be 205-210 lbs of ripped muscle. Luke looked twice the size of Machida or Bisping when he crushed them....he's a HUGE middleweight. I respect Chris but he's been besting some old-timers and he's not ready for this beast!!
    Rockhold by superior infliction of pain in the 3rd or 4th!
    And two guys nominated this post lol.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Go in to the Rousey thread and check out brooks get utterly humiliated Thor.. bet you will get a laugh or two. - you think Weidman cruises?

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Interesting since both Weidman and Rockhold are legit finishers and obviously Weidman has never been finished. Really excited to see how they will approach the fight. Luke seems to be a bit more of the aggressor while Weidman is more of a counter striker, which he's really good at. 3.5 rounds might be a good bet to take the under. I would be a bit more hesitant if it was at 2.5. I'm expecting Rockhold to take center of the octagon, close the distance, and pick Weidman apart.
    I wouldn't call Weidman a finisher!

nanderson1134

Luke should handle Weidman like a real champ

nanderson1134

And aldo one of the best bets of the year. Aldo should honestly be -300

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ I don't know fellas. Weidman is the undefeated UFC Champion.. Never been bested in the cage... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Weidman-42804

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by nanderson1134 View Post
    And aldo one of the best bets of the year. Aldo should honestly be -300
    Don't know about that, but Aldo as a dog in this fight is a joke. Should be easy money as far as I'm concerned.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

He should be -160 ---McG around +120-140ish IMO....due to Irish Betting and Hype/TV were are going to be looking at ** G-120 by fight time I assume...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    He should be -160 ---McG around +120-140ish IMO....due to Irish Betting and Hype/TV were are going to be looking at ** G-120 by fight time I assume...
    I agree.. Aldo hasn't lost a fight in over 10 years.. Just take a look at his record.. This guy just doesn't lose.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jose-Aldo-11506

It's incredible that he is the dog going in!!!! McGreg is dynamic but he hasn't faced anyone like Aldo yet, a UFC champion with 2 full training camps to prepare just for one guy when you think about it...

UFC 194 - Featherweight 5 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada - PPV
    Sat 12/12 1001 Jose Aldo +125 o2½ -115
    11:59PM 1002 Conor McGregor -145 u2½ -105

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

Colin should have just kept to fighting average fighters he would have got easy money, he take this fight which is going to expose him has a one dimensional fighter and he going to get knocked out.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

Weidman over Rockhold. No doubt in my mind.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave JC2008 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

nanderson1134

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    Don't know about that, but Aldo as a dog in this fight is a joke. Should be easy money as far as I'm concerned.
    I think it will look like -300 after the fight! Nothing but leg kicks and counters.

Conor has terrible head movement!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm thinking Frankie Saenz might have a shot against Faber.. Odds stacked in Fabers favor but who has he really beat lately? http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Urijah-Faber-8847

Frankie in on a respectable fight win streak but he is suspect.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Frankie-Saenz-55410

Tempted are we????

UFC 194 - Bantamweight 3 rounds - MGM Grand Garden Arena - Las Vegas, Nevada
    Sat 12/12 1501 Urijah Faber -600 o2½ -150
    9:30PM 1502 Frankie Saenz +450 u2½ +130

degenerate bum
    degenerate bum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

Gunnar vs Maia - I am going to stay away from this one. I would take Maia in a five round fight.

Souza vs Romero - Souza is an absolute stud. Well rounded, should have gotten a title shot by now. Look at this guy's resume, he should beat Yoel. Yoel is a physical specimen too and a high, high, high level wrestler. Romero would have been something if he would have gotten into MMA when he was younger. Take Souza.

Weidman vs Rockhold - I can't make a pick on this one. To the guy who said all of Weidman's last opponents are ancient, realize that Rockhold's last 4 wins are against guys who are 37, 36, 34 and 36 years old (Machida, Bisping, Boetsch, Phillipou). I'm not knocking Rockhold because he is a beast, but both of these guys have been beating high level fighters, Rockhold only lost to a TRTed out Vitor. To the guy who said if Weidman gets on top he is gonna G'N'P Rockhold, Rockhold is nasty on the ground and is a HIGH level jiu jitsu practioner. He wrestles with Cormier and Cain so he's no joke in that depatment either. I'm just gonna take a break lean back and enjoy the fight before I lay huge stake on....

Aldo vs McGregor - I'm taking Aldo all the way just like most of you. Aldo has better wrestling and jiu jitsu. Aldo could be a better striker. The smart money is on Aldo who hasn't lost in a decade. We know how good Aldo is. We really don't know how good Conor is, the sky is the limit for him. If he stays light on his feet and moves a lot (and he has great footwork) he could out strike Aldo and avoid the takedown. The question marks with Conor (leg kicks, TDD, jiujitsu) make Aldo a good bet. That irish money and hype is building Mcgregor up to be a favourite when he absolutely shouldn't be. It's just scary to bet Aldo with the IV ban. I do like how Jose has trained with Jungle Fight champs Jonas "Speed" Bilharino to counter Conor's style. Bilharino is a beast with crazy length, speed, technique and movement. Here is a video of Bilharino talking about training with Jose to emulate Conor.

Good luck guys!!!
    Last edited by degenerate bum; 12-02-15 at 10:36 PM.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave degenerate bum 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Aldo by submission is conceivable...

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Go in to the Rousey thread and check out brooks get utterly humiliated Thor.. bet you will get a laugh or two. - you think Weidman cruises?
    Should be a solid fight Miri. I think Weidman wins but Luke has a shot. I think Weidman might have a few more tools than Lukey. Sometimes i think Weidman gets a little careless inside cause it seems he doesn't think anyone can knock him out. Luke can catch him who knows. I can't believe there are still people out there who are still questioning Weidman toughness. I guess it makes their bets feel a little better when they do this or are just blind. This Aldo fight reminds me a little of the Rousey fight. Will Conners movement and length be enuf to off set Aldo's kicking game? Aldo has had to put that kicking game on hold for awhile and u know those bombs will be coming out of that cannon hip of his for this fight. As for Brooks i have him on ignore and only read his nonsense when someone copy's his post. This clown has gotten in debates with maybe 60 percent of this board and believes he won every single one. I see he has said he ran your friends out of here lol. Who were your friends and were they this mentally week that a hand job like Brooks run them out? i stopped reading that thread but maybe i will take a peek back. Our boy brooks is a union card holder with far right views and votes republican. That is like being white and insisting to others that you are black. He doesn't realize we can actually see him. I'll go peek at that thread again. I can go for a few laughs

Thor4140

Gunnar fight if anyone actually thinks Gunner wants to test Mai on the ground u must have thought Tim Kennedy wanted to be on the mat with Romero. These levels are so different. A college wrestler against an olympic wrestler. A world JU Jitz champion against a guy who holds a blackbelt most likely. No comparison

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

you're just salty cause how I have been embarrassing you the past week. It's ok, at least you have your memory back now... be a shame if you forgot your butt buddies lol

and the fact is thor is about as dumb a sheep as the come. The post history doesn't like, the idiot was an obama supporter until I broke his reality, he put me on ignore and come back no longer an obama supporter... And that is just one of the times I have used logic to send him into hiding. No wonder you get a long with him miri; birds of a feather, dumb people stick together
    Last edited by brooks85; 12-03-15 at 09:46 AM.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you're just salty cause how I have been embarrassing you the past week. It's ok, at least you have your memory back now... be a shame if you forgot your butt buddies lol

and the fact is thor is about as dumb a sheep as the come. The post history doesn't like, the idiot was an obama supporter until I broke his reality, he put me on ignore and come back no longer an obama supporter... And that is just one of the times I have used logic to send him into hiding. No wonder you get a long with him miri; birds of a feather, dumb people stick together
    Brooks, let me break down simple english, as you apparently failed elementary school. When somebody tells you, "I don't remember you, you're insignificant", It doesn't mean they don't remember their friends. It means they don't remember YOU. Because you are a non entity, that nobody cares about.
    You having the delusion that you have anything to do with people's actions on this site, except chuckling at your posts when you lose money and whine on the site, is priceless. - A terrible bettor, and an insignificant worm

degenerate bum

Damian Maia is one of the best BJJ practiconers that fights In MMA. But Gunnar is a monster on the ground. Gunnar has his black belt under Renzo Gracie and is in his athletic prime. He is 11 years younger than Maia. Gunnar has won medals in JJ gi, and no-gi, he has competed at the ADCC. Gunnar's JJ is much better than someone like Neil Magny. He is also a black belt in karate and his stand up game isn't bad. I don't know why people think Maia will destroy Gunnar on the feet. 3 rounds may not be enough for Maia to tap out Gunnar. I'm staying away from this fight, this isn't a BJJ match.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate bum View Post
    Damian Maia is one of the best BJJ practiconers that fights In MMA. But Gunnar is a monster on the ground. Gunnar has his black belt under Renzo Gracie and is in his athletic prime. He is 11 years younger than Maia. Gunnar has won medals in JJ gi, and no-gi, he has competed at the ADCC. Gunnar's JJ is much better than someone like Neil Magny. He is also a black belt in karate and his stand up game isn't bad. I don't know why people think Maia will destroy Gunnar on the feet. 3 rounds may not be enough for Maia to tap out Gunnar. I'm staying away from this fight, this isn't a BJJ match.
    Good points but..

Maia has been steadily improving and just looks better with every fight... His stand up has improved by leaps and bounds over the years.. Gunnar and his peek a boo karate style is no Machida standing.. Maia should be able to pick his way through that Karate garbage style... DM is a world class grappler and even though Gunnar is younger and competing in high level Jits competitions Maia should still be the better MMA grappler and MMA wrestler....

I don't think Maia steam rolls Gunnar but he should win on points standing as the fight goes on.. Maia is a bit better in every area... Unless his age caught up to him over night I fully expect Demian Maia to win this fight.. Gunnar has been looking good fighting mid level guys so far and he has not faced anyone as good as DM. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Gunnar-Nelson-25246 This will be his toughest test yet I believe..

DM has only ended up on his back and controlled on the ground against the very best MMA wrestlers in the UFC division. Chael Sonnen, Jake Shields, etc... Gunnar is not at the MMA wrestling level as those guys..

DM has been fighting the very best in the UFC for a while now, Gunnar Nelson has not simply said...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-03-15 at 01:12 PM.

degenerate bum

Demian Maia is a proven winner. Gunnar Nelson has looked like a beast too but hasn't fought the level of competition that Maia has. That doesn't necessarily mean that Gunnar can't beat top level competition. He's in his prime and only has one loss. I'll be interested to see how this fight plays out. I'm super excited for this one and true fans of the sport have to be stoked for a fight like this. With all that said, if I have to place a wager it's going to be on Maia. I'm very curious to see how this fight plays out. I don't like betting 3 round fights as much as I like 5 round fights.

Gunnar said (I think today) that he will fight Maia anywhere that the fight takes place. He said he is happy if the fight goes to the ground and he's not scared to grapple with Maia. In other words he isn't game planning to just keep the fight standing. If people think Maia can totally crush Gunnar on the ground but are scared that it will be strictly a striking battle, I think you can probably put those worries to rest. Maia will probably be looking to grapple w/ Gunnar to prove he has superior BJJ also.

Awesome fight! I plan on taking a break from betting on this match and just enjoying the fight. My degenerate ass probably won't be able to resist laying a big wager before walkouts, hahaha.
    Last edited by degenerate bum; 12-03-15 at 01:58 PM.

degenerate bum

One more thing on that matchup. I think if the fight does stay standing Gunnar actually is a much better striker than Maia imo. I know you're ripping on his karate style but at distance Gunnar picks Maia apart.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Brooks, let me break down simple english, as you apparently failed elementary school. When somebody tells you, "I don't remember you, you're insignificant", It doesn't mean they don't remember their friends. It means they don't remember YOU. Because you are a non entity, that nobody cares about.
    You having the delusion that you have anything to do with people's actions on this site, except chuckling at your posts when you lose money and whine on the site, is priceless. - A terrible bettor, and an insignificant worm
    lol I know, it means you just walked right into my trap you buffoon. Nice work, I guess hanging with the intelligent crowd really paid off...

You would have thought they would have warned you considering how many times I clowned them with the same logic traps; betpoints, roi, UFC PPVs being "worth it" etc

each time I set a trap and you idiots took the bait. Forgot how entertaining it was, guess it isn't so bad you stuck around like a lost puppy.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

One more thing on that matchup. I think if the fight does stay standing Gunnar actually is a much better striker than Maia imo. I know you're ripping on his karate style but at distance Gunnar picks Maia apart.
    LMAO, nobody is worried about his lame ass karate style striking.

degenerate bum

I don't think anyone is worried about Maia's striking. We'll have to see the fight, but if you talk to MMA fans the consensus is that Gunnar def has a striking advantage.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I don't think anyone is worried about Maia's striking. We'll have to see the fight, but if you talk to MMA fans the consensus is that Gunnar def has a striking advantage.
    I disagree but I can't see Gunnar trying to keep this standing

nanderson1134

Lol I've been lurking here for years now. I honestly thought most people knew you were a troll. You certainly act like one!

And no way Maia stands with Gunnar. If Maia wins it will be him holding on to Gunnar until the Bell!

degenerate bum

I'm very interested to see where this fight takes place. If I were Gunnar I would stay away from the ground game if possible. Maia is a big WW and Gunnar actually doesn't really cut weight so he is a small WW, Maia is definitely going to try and get this thing to the ground. He can clinch up and get a takedown, pull guard if all else fails, etc.

This will be great fight to watch if they roll around on the mat and also exchange in the stand-up. I've heard a lot of people say this fight will be really boring but I don't think it will be.

Another thing about Gunnar is he probably won't submit Maia but his BJJ defense is good and if the fight hits the mat that doesn't necessarily mean Maia will tap him. People are saying that Gunnar is the best grappler that Maia has faced besides shields.

degenerate bum

"And no way Maia stands with Gunnar. If Maia wins it will be him holding on to Gunnar until the Bell!"

That's the thing, imo, i Gunnar beats Maia standing and Maia beats Gunnar on the ground. If Maia can keep the fight on the mat he doesn't have to tap him, he can just control him. Maia is a master and could get the tap but I think some people are underestimating Gunnar's BJJ.

The thing is Gunnar is talking in interviews about tapping Maia and not being afraid to take the fight to the ground. He should try and strike with him...

nanderson1134

Maia had Mario Miranda dead to rights multiple times and like an old man without Viagra couldn't finish!

degenerate bum

Maia only has 2 submissions in his last 16 fights (all in UFC)

The competition Maia has fought is pretty insane though...

First 12345 ... Last