THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson 3 (November 07, 2015)

FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. ET
    Vitor Belfort vs. Dan Henderson
    Patrick Cummins vs. Glover Teixeira
    Thomas Almeida vs. Anthony Birchak
    Piotr Hallmann vs. Alex Oliveira
    Gilbert Burns vs. Rashid Magomedov
    Tom Lawlor vs. Fabio Maldonado

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET

Gleison Tibau vs. Abel Trujillo
    Yan Cabral vs. Johnny Case
    Clay Guida vs. Thiago Tavares
    Chas Skelly vs. Kevin Souza

UFC Fight Pass 6:30 p.m. ET

Viscardi Andrade vs. Gasan Umalatov
    Pedro Munhoz vs. Jimmie Rivera
    Matheus Nicolau vs. Bruno Korea

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-29-16 at 01:12 PM. Reason: image does not exist
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PaperTrail07 gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Hendo has a knack for winning these Pride Legend relived match ups.. He got the best of Shogun so could he do the same to Vitor I don't know?

I just hope we don't see Hendo get knocked out completely cold in this one.. He's been rocked alot lately but has managed to barely stay conscious thru it all...

Gotta think Glover Teix knocks out Patrick Cummings.. Bad matchup for Pat...

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Solidddddddd

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Hendo has a knack for winning these Pride Legend relived match ups.. He got the best of Shogun so could he do the same to Vitor I don't know?.
    does he?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    does he?

Lately he has, well against Shogun anyways...

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

A little far.. but under rated card? I like it.. as a real fight fan.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Hendo will beat TRTor

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

So this is the next UFC event!!!

Much better then that crap Ireland card.. Looking forward to this actually... The main card is almost stacked but not quite... Good enough though... The Belfort/Hendo fight should deliver...

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Anthony Birchak has a decent wrestling background.

Dominik Cruz says Almeida can't wrestle.

Birchak's +300 might hit if he's right.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Sanity Check 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

UFC Fight Night 77 - Light Heavyweight 3 rounds - Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Sat 11/7 1101 Patrick Cummins +350 o1½ -155
    11:59PM 1102 Glover Teixeira -440 u1½ +135

Safe to say Patrick Cummins gets slaughtered in the stand up against Glover Teix in this bout.. Glover has good enough wrestling also to not get pinned down by PC either and lose by decision.. I just think this is such a bad match up for Patrick Cummings that I MAX BET it at opening.... Well that line jumped to -440 now and climbing and still worth it ..

I don't see how Patrick Cummins can win this fight? He doesn't have the stand up to knock out GT, he doesn't have the chin to stand toe to toe and bang with Glover, and he doesn't have the wrestling or cardio to control and pound on out Glover Teix either... I think that the Glover Teix KO prop will be golden when that comes out also... The ITD win is out.. A solid play at -140 now...

1109 Teixeira wins inside distance -140

You don't see me call out a Max Bets often on this forum but this one falls in that category I believe!!! Cash it fellas it's a winner!!!

Ryan Bader is a better version of Patrick Cummings and GT destroyed him..

If Glover Teix can beat out OSP in his last fight you can bet your ass he'll spank Patrick Cummins in this next one...
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Glover-Teixeira-4655
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-26-15 at 03:54 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Unwritten Law gave JIBBBY 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

OSP is from a football background. His build and body type are heavy and thick, developed to run through people on a football field. Unfortunately for OSP his heavy football build is too massive to wrestle for 5 rounds and not gas out. Because of OSP's body type he couldn't match Glover Teixeira's pace, got tired, and that's when Glover was able to finish.

Patrick Cummins is different from OSP in that he has trained for years to wrestle and grind. That's what his physique is built around. Cummins might be able to out-wrestle Glover Teixeira the way that Phil Davis did if it turns into a 3 round man hugging contest.

Joe Silva and Sean Shelby are doing a lot better job matchmaking fights that are tough to call.

I still think the UFC's foreign cards in japan, ireland and other countries are easier to call than cards in the USA.
    Last edited by Sanity Check; 10-26-15 at 10:57 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    OSP is from a football background. His build and body type are heavy and thick, developed to run through people on a football field. Unfortunately for OSP his heavy football build is too massive to wrestle for 5 rounds and not gas out. Because of OSP's body type he couldn't match Glover Teixeira's pace, got tired, and that's when Glover was able to finish.

Patrick Cummins is different from OSP in that he has trained for years to wrestle and grind. That's what his physique is built around. Cummins might be able to out-wrestle Glover Teixeira the way that Phil Davis did if it turns into a 3 round man hugging contest.
    I thought about the Phil Davis/Glover fight but Cummins doesn't have the chin that Phil Davis has and that's where I think Glover will capitalize in this fight..

Besides Sanity you do remember recently when Patrick Cummings gassed in a 3 rounder and got careless and KO'd against OSP right? Glover can do the same and faster... Bad match up for Cummings... Glover I think is revived after beating the crap out of OSP as well in his last fight. He has last title run in mind I believe... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Glover-Teixeira-4655

OSP knocking out Patrick Cummings

Glover beating the crap out of OSP

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-26-15 at 11:50 PM.

Sanity Check

OSP knocking out Patrick Cummings

Glover beating the crap out of OSP
    That's why I'm bummed the Joe Duffy vs Dustin Poirier fight didn't go down.

It might've been: Joseph Duffy defeats Conor McGregor, Conor beats Dustin Poirier, Poirier defeats Joseph Duffy. Paper beats rock, scissors beats paper, rock beats scissors. If Poirier had won. Its funny sometimes how MMA math works.

If I remember right, Phil Davis never had his chin tested by Glover Teixeira. Teixeira was too busy being man hugged and leg humped by Phil Davis to do anything in that fight. Was Cummins tired when OSP fiinished him in the 1st round? Hm. Cummins might've been sloppy in charging in and throwing punches, I'm not sure if he was tired by that point though.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

I'd like Cummins if he didn't struggle so much with the corpse of Feijao. Still it's hard to pass him if he gets to around +400, he's just tough as nails.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ You guys are killing me... Patrick Cummings in a bum.. Starbuck boy is not in the same league as Glover.. Glover has better take down defense then OSP and OSP somehow kept the fight standing enough to wear down and knock out Cummings..

Cummings jaw is suspect.. His cardio is questionable if he works for takedowns constantly for 2 rounds, and lastly it's just about impossible to keep Glover on his back as he pops back up after being taken down.. GT will be wrestled up for this fight as well..

Glover Tex has a wicked guillotine choke as OSP found out as well. Patrick could get caught going for those doubles and tap to that.. Perhaps the GT KO prop is not as solid as I originally thought. Glover ITD prop at -140 is the call..

Phil Davis is also more explosive, moves better then Patrick Cummings when comparing and more elusive with his striking....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-27-15 at 11:36 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Clay Guida is on this card.. Last shot for him to remain in the UFC probably or he's cut.. Probably wins this by decision...

Bleacher report burning questions going in - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fight-night-77

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Guida is a legend....they owe him ---guy will always have a job... saved and sold cards like no other....fight did the talking too...not this WWE hype *** shit these days...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    That's why I'm bummed the Joe Duffy vs Dustin Poirier fight didn't go down.

It might've been: Joseph Duffy defeats Conor McGregor, Conor beats Dustin Poirier, Poirier defeats Joseph Duffy. Paper beats rock, scissors beats paper, rock beats scissors. If Poirier had won. Its funny sometimes how MMA math works.

If I remember right, Phil Davis never had his chin tested by Glover Teixeira. Teixeira was too busy being man hugged and leg humped by Phil Davis to do anything in that fight. Was Cummins tired when OSP fiinished him in the 1st round? Hm. Cummins might've been sloppy in charging in and throwing punches, I'm not sure if he was tired by that point though.
    Fighting styles do vary from fighter to fighter, so yes you never can say just because one fighter beat this dude another fighter can beat him too just because he lost to that first fighter.. I agree Sanity... That's why I always consider style match ups when watching the videos... Who is on a better run... I lean on comp faced to date and winning streaks also mostly..

So when considering Glover Teix against Patrick Cummings, I think GT has faced the best in the division to date and for a while now.. Patrick Cummings is still trying to establish himself.. Experience and toughness has to favor Glover Teix.. Even though Patrick Cummings is a very solid wrestler I don't think he has the cardio to back up his fighting style for 3 or 5 round fights against solid TD defense..

I see Glover Tex doing to Patrick Cummings what DC did to him in their fight.. It takes alot of energy to work for take downs against the cage against strong take defense.. Patrick Cummings is a one trick pony.. It's a strong trick though.

Glover Teix hits hard and one punch late in the fight should send PC to the canvass..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-29-15 at 05:07 PM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Not the hardest fight to call. Many fighters are really bummed out and has trouble with motivation after a title loss like glover. I actually almost never bet on fighters after title fights. But Glovers mentality seems to not be an issue last fight so hes cleared in my book. Im going in, full throttle on glover.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Agreed with Glover as he should dominate Patrick for the full 3 rounds or get a stoppage. I won't be playing the prop but will tail with Glover to win and lay the heavy juice. Leaning Almeida and Gilbert Burns as well.

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

thanks guys. def know who im betting now

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Still waiting for the event write ups to come out to help with the prelim picks.. Most should be out by tomorrow as my secret sources and spider senses tell me..

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

^^ You guys are killing me... Patrick Cummings in a bum.. Starbuck boy is not in the same league as Glover.. Glover has better take down defense then OSP and OSP somehow kept the fight standing enough to wear down and knock out Cummings..

Cummings jaw is suspect.. His cardio is questionable if he works for takedowns constantly for 2 rounds, and lastly it's just about impossible to keep Glover on his back as he pops back up after being taken down.. GT will be wrestled up for this fight as well..

Glover Tex has a wicked guillotine choke as OSP found out as well. Patrick could get caught going for those doubles and tap to that.. Perhaps the GT KO prop is not as solid as I originally thought. Glover ITD prop at -140 is the call..

Phil Davis is also more explosive, moves better then Patrick Cummings when comparing and more elusive with his striking....
    JIbby being on the cusp of being an Olympic wrestler and a wrestler for Penn State is a little different. I think Davis might be the most overrated wrestler out there. JUst ask Rashad who ragged dolled him. Jibby i think Davis big muscles may have u confused. I won't touch the fight but a thee rounder favors Cummings rather than a five rounder.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    JIbby being on the cusp of being an Olympic wrestler and a wrestler for Penn State is a little different. I think Davis might be the most overrated wrestler out there. JUst ask Rashad who ragged dolled him. Jibby i think Davis big muscles may have u confused. I won't touch the fight but a thee rounder favors Cummings rather than a five rounder.
    This is an MMA fight and not a wrestling match Thor buddy..

I think Glover Teix simply has more ways to win this fight, he's more experienced with good TD defense, but most of all he's a much better stand up fighter with KO power.. His submission game is underrated as well.. Besides that it's incredibly hard to keep GT on his back and Patrick Cummings will have to work very hard to do what he does best.. We saw him begin to gas out against OSP in a 3 rounder also before getting KO'd...

Glover Teix has fought the best in the division, Patrick has fought DC and OSP and lost to both badly so far in his short MMA career....

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

This is an MMA fight and not a wrestling match Thor buddy..

I think Glover Teix simply has more ways to win this fight, he's more experienced with good TD defense, but most of all he's a much better stand up fighter with KO power.. His submission game is underrated as well.. Besides that it's incredibly hard to keep GT on his back and Patrick Cummings will have to work very hard to do what he does best.. We saw him begin to gas out against OSP in a 3 rounder also before getting KO'd...

Glover Teix has fought the best in the division, Patrick has fought DC and OSP and lost to both badly so far in his short MMA career....

Davis had no problem with Tex takedown defence. Cummings is a better wrestler. That is all im sayin.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Davis had no problem with Tex takedown defence. Cummings is a better wrestler. That is all im sayin.
    I read ya.. Gotta consider Davis moves much better then Cummings on his feet and with his boxing and I think that confused Glover Teix.. Glover is a better and more confident fighter today then when he fought Phil Davis also IMO..

Patrick Cummings will shoot for those doubles from outside the cage practically and be very telegraphed.. I'm sure Glover will get taken down a few times early in the fight just like OSP did.. However, like in the Davis fight Glover will pop right back up to his feet against the cage.. Cummings will not be able to control Glover Teix for very long on the ground when and if he does get the td's....

Deceptakhan
    Deceptakhan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6396

Cowboy Oliviera for the win. Whats the deal with Hallmann? Hes lost his last 2 but the lines been moving in his favor

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptakhan View Post
    Cowboy Oliviera for the win. Whats the deal with Hallmann? Hes lost his last 2 but the lines been moving in his favor
    Hallmann has wins over higher level competition.

Oliveira is dropping from 170 to 155.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Awww a preview finally came out and decent one from what I can tell for 3 of the 7 prelim fights

- Part 2 to come out probably tomorrow..

Part 1 -

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/11/2/96...o-paulo-brazil
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-03-15 at 11:33 AM.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Boys. I love MMA more than a lot of things. I think Vitor Belfort wins in round 1 might be the play. +130. He just rocked the Champ Weidman his last fight, TRT or no .. He will put your lights out. Hendo's chin is a little suspect, I believe his chin his gone. BELFORT ROUND 1 +130 is what i'll be playing. The hills have eyes.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Boys. I love MMA more than a lot of things. I think Vitor Belfort wins in round 1 might be the play. +130. He just rocked the Champ Weidman his last fight, TRT or no .. He will put your lights out. Hendo's chin is a little suspect, I believe his chin his gone. BELFORT ROUND 1 +130 is what i'll be playing. The hills have eyes.
    I agree as Hendo's days are numbered.. This is in Brazil also.. Both probably come out swinging, may not get out of the 1st round..

MMA_Epidemic
    MMA_Epidemic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

My plays for the weekend (Until props come out):

Edimilson Souza ML @ 2.40
    Yan Cabral ML @ 3.00
    Tibau/Trujillo o2.5 rounds @ 2.00

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Duplicate post..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-04-15 at 10:57 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Prop capping the Henderson/Belfort main event - My take on it all - Will share prop thoughts this go around -

The more I think about Hendo/Belfort main event fight the more I think the only way this fight ends is by KO one way or the other... I suppose Hendo could get rocked standing and dropped and then give up his back and neck on the ground but that's a long shot..

The KO props - (Hendo KO prop is his only pathway to victory IMO and the +475 KO prop is better odds then the straight win bet) Hendo isn't going 5 rounds for a decision win, and he's not gonna win by sub either...

1041 Belfort wins by TKO/KO -185

Sat 11/7 1037 Henderson wins by TKO/KO +475
    11:00PM 1038 Any other result -825
    Sat 11/7 1039 Belfort wins by submission +880
    11:00PM 1040 Any other result -1800

Now the other betting options to consider in this fight are - does the fight get out of the 1st round?

Hendo is getting old and I think he basically is a one round fighter now.. Hendo will probably throw the H-Bomb and the kitchen sink at Belfort to try to finish and make this a short night.., Belfort has always been a fast finisher also flip side.

I suppose Hendo could try to clinch and try and take down Belfort and pound him out like Chris Weidman did but that's really not his style these days.. It would actually be smart for him to try and do that though... Hmmm?

So we have these props to consider as well.. Hmmm?

1005 Henderson wins inside distance +398

1009 Belfort wins inside distance -255

1004 Fight won’t go 5 round distance -800 (LOCK IMO)

1st round ending props -

Sat 11/7 1015 Henderson wins in round 1 +875
    11:00PM 1016 Any other result -1790

Sat 11/7 1025 Belfort wins in round 1 +125
    11:00PM 1026 Any other result -165 (This any other result at -165 is interesting)

I'm trying to focus in on the "Any other results" props these days.. Not easy to go over them all in thought. However, I think there is alot of the hidden value in many of these "Any other result" props.. I never play them but will begin to play them now..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 11-04-15 at 11:16 PM.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

what are ppls thoughts on guida vs. tavares?

1234 ... Last