THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Duffy (October 24, 2015)

UFC Fight Pass, 4 p.m. ET
    Joseph Duffy vs. Dustin Poirier
    Stipe Miocic vs. Ben Rothwell
    Nicolas Dalby vs. Darren Till
    Paddy Holohan vs. Louis Smolka

UFC Fight Pass, 12:45 p.m. ET
    Reza Madadi vs. Norman Parke
    Mickael Lebout vs. Stevie Ray
    Jon Delos Reyes vs. Neil Seery
    Scott Askham vs. Krzysztof Jotko
    Ericka Almeida vs. Aisling Daly
    Tom Breese vs. Cathal Pendred
    Darren Elkins vs. Robert Whiteford
    Bubba Bush vs. Garreth McLellan

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Will be on both dogs in Dustin Poirier and Big Ben Rothwell.. Like what I've seen from both of them in recent fights simply said..

Who wanna get paid?

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

BELM0NT
    BELM0NT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Will be on both dogs in Dustin Poirier and Big Ben Rothwell.. Like what I've seen from both of them in recent fights simply said..

Who wanna get paid?
    Was thinking the same here

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Who wanna get paid?
    I'm with you on Big Ben. I'm all over Irish Joe though. He's looked really good.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

fightpass card up next, 3 weeks
    Last edited by THE_LOCKSMITH; 10-04-15 at 08:55 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

3 weeks geez.. This forum section is about to become a ghost town....

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

I think WSOF has a card in 2 weeks.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    I think WSOF has a card in 2 weeks.
    Bellator is on the 23rd and weeks away also...

Blancone
    Blancone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

My money are on Duffy here. He looked incredible in the UFC so far

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Blancone View Post
    My money are on Duffy here. He looked incredible in the UFC so far
    So has Dustin Poirier since losing to Conor McIrish and dropping a weight class.. DP has won both fights in highlight fashion and both by 1st round KO.. 155 works for DP and I ain't betting against that.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dustin-Poirier-50529

Duffy the Irish man isn't Connor McGregor either... Odds should be Duffy +245 and not -245 IMO...

UFC Fight Night 76 - Lightweight 5 rounds - 3Arena - Dublin, Ireland - UFC Fight Pass
    Sat 10/24 1001 Dustin Poirier +205 o1½ -135
    5:00PM 1002 Joseph Duffy -245 u1½ +115

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Poirier is a 135 pounder now?!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Poirier is a 135 pounder now?!
    Going up a weight class and not down. My bad.. I had drinks watching football earlier and was posting but I ment 155.. I stated that 155 in the above post.. Relax Miri you didn't get me.. Just a drunken brain fart.. It happens..

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Dustin-Poirier

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

[QUOTE=JIBBBY;24593545]So has Dustin Poirier since losing to Conor McIrish and dropping a weight class.. DP has won both fights in highlight fashion and both by 1st round KO.. 155 works for DP and I ain't betting against that.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dustin-Poirier-50529

Duffy the Irish man isn't Connor McGregor either... Odds should be Duffy +245 and not -245 IMO...

Well...theres is difference between performing well and looking good. Dustin poirier doesnt look good. Duffy looks spectacular.

Odds shouldnt be duffy +245, the experience factor and the quality of opposition that dustin has faced doesnt only count in his favour, remember, he has also lost a few of those high profile fights, shouldnt that count? + who is the best striker? Duffy...whos best on the ground? groundfight may end up being very close, so possibly draw. If staying standing, advantage goes to duffy!

Duffy is rightfully the favourite, but probably a bit to expensive at this point, should probably be -130 to -170.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^^

Duffy has looked good but who has he really fought? http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joseph-Duffy-17052

Dustin Poirier looked bad and was intimidated fighting Mcgregor, and since changing weight classes he's looked more confident then ever... DP was on his way to title contention until he met up with CM.. At just 26 years old I do think Poirier is ready to make another run for the title..

Irish Joe doesn't have the big fight name experience or the training camp (top team) experience that Dustin P has.. DP should be the odds on favorite in this fight.. DP is prime right now..Odds makers are off... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dustin-Poirier-50529

All in on Dustin Poirier and maybe even by submission we'll see???... Hit this when the line came out and gotta stick with my guns...

$250.00 $500.00 Pending 10/24/15 5:00pm UFC Fighting 1001 Dustin Poirier +200* vs Joseph Duffy
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-05-15 at 07:37 PM.

bjpenn85

^^^^

Duffy has looked good but who has he really fought? http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joseph-Duffy-17052

Dustin Poirier looked bad and was intimidated fighting Mcgregor, and since changing weight classes he's looked more confident then ever... DP was on his way to title contention until he met up with CM.. At just 26 years old I do think Poirier is ready to make another run for the title..

Irish Joe doesn't have the big fight name experience or the training camp (top team) experience that Dustin P has.. DP should be the odds on favorite in this fight.. DP is prime right now..Odds makers are off... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dustin-Poirier-50529

All in on Dustin Poirier and maybe even by submission we'll see???... Hit this when the line came out and gotta stick with my guns...

$250.00 $500.00 Pending 10/24/15 5:00pm UFC Fighting 1001 Dustin Poirier +200* vs Joseph Duffy

He may show up!

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Duffy beat Conor Mcgregor.

bjpenn85

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Enough said.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    Yeah, by submission 5 years ago.. Doesn't apply to this match up IMO..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joseph-Duffy-17052

bjpenn85

Yeah, by submission 5 years ago.. Doesn't apply to this match up IMO..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Joseph-Duffy-17052
    It gives you the idea that the guy is pretty good. A lot of talented fighters have 0 or very few losses on their record. We dont know how good mcregor was at that point, but he was probably strong and athletic off course, that stuff rarely change. Likely was his standup skills beyonds average, at least from what i could see from tape. I think most of us are left with a feeling duffy is probably going to come through in this fight. You know, most people are quite bad at betting, people doubt the sage northcuts, mcregors and the duffys based on popular quotes like " he hasnt faced anybody", "the guys is too young", "they took are jobs" etc. And this is a forum FOR BETTORS, the supposedly best, what an absolute joke.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    It gives you the idea that the guy is pretty good. A lot of talented fighters have 0 or very few losses on their record. We dont know how good mcregor was at that point, but he was probably strong and athletic off course, that stuff rarely change. Likely was his standup skills beyonds average, at least from what i could see from tape. I think most of us are left with a feeling duffy is probably going to come through in this fight. You know, most people are quite bad at betting, people doubt the sage northcuts, mcregors and the duffys based on popular quotes like " he hasnt faced anybody", "the guys is too young", "they took are jobs" etc. And this is a forum FOR BETTORS, the supposedly best, what an absolute joke.
    Fighters can improve greatly in 5 years and I'm sure Duffy has as well as Connor McGregor has... McGregors weakness back then was his submission defense so that Duffy win doesn't mean much to me.. Now if Duffy would have KO'd McGregor that might raise more of eyebrow then the submission win.

Again Duffy just hasn't faced still comp yet.. Dustin Poirior will be his toughest test to date in my opinion.. Remember DP was considered among the best in the UFC for a while there, and now he's back on it and winning again.. I just think he has more tools and is a little more slick with his striking then Duffy.. It should be a good fight though.

bjpenn85

Fighters can improve greatly in 5 years and I'm sure Duffy has as well as Connor McGregor has... McGregors weakness back then was his submission defense so that Duffy win doesn't mean much to me.. Now if Duffy would have KO'd McGregor that might raise more of eyebrow then the submission win.

Again Duffy just hasn't faced still comp yet.. Dustin Poirior will be his toughest test to date in my opinion.. Remember DP was considered among the best in the UFC for a while there, and now he's back on it and winning again.. I just think he has more tools and is a little more slick with his striking then Duffy.. It should be a good fight though.
    Sure, good point with the submission win. It would def be concerning for dp bettors if he had koed him. I think he was tagged and then went for the sub, pretty good idea. Cant help to think that this style matchup is quite good for duffy. he was outstriked by conor, outstriked by cub swanson, and even in the diego brandao fight that he ended up winning by ko, he was also rattled early to the extent that he was in danger. If diego had heart he would have won, but as we all know quitting is always an easy option for him. So, dustin poirier second coming that you point to, is not a second coming after sharpen his tendency to get hit, his striking defence. He just won over a couple of fighters he should have beaten anyway. Ferreiras striking is wild and leaves openings, a reason why i never has betted him in the first place, cause i knew this would eventually happen. Medeiros? look, i can tell you the same thing here, who is medeiros and how good is he? So im not convinced that dustion poirier is any better that he was. Yes he looks good, knocks out people, but doesnt technically look any different than before. If ferreira and medeiros striking was half decent..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Sure, good point with the submission win. It would def be concerning for dp bettors if he had koed him. I think he was tagged and then went for the sub, pretty good idea. Cant help to think that this style matchup is quite good for duffy. he was outstriked by conor, outstriked by cub swanson, and even in the diego brandao fight that he ended up winning by ko, he was also rattled early to the extent that he was in danger. If diego had heart he would have won, but as we all know quitting is always an easy option for him. So, dustin poirier second coming that you point to, is not a second coming after sharpen his tendency to get hit, his striking defence. He just won over a couple of fighters he should have beaten anyway. Ferreiras striking is wild and leaves openings, a reason why i never has betted him in the first place, cause i knew this would eventually happen. Medeiros? look, i can tell you the same thing here, who is medeiros and how good is he? So im not convinced that dustion poirier is any better that he was. Yes he looks good, knocks out people, but doesnt technically look any different than before. If ferreira and medeiros striking was half decent..
    BJPenn buddy, Dustin Poirier beat Max Holloway.. That's saying something.. I think Max Holloway could beat Duffy today.. Just saying if we comparing who beat who in the past..

Duffy is only 2 fights deep in the UFC now, he beat Ivan Jorge whom really isn't anything special and Jake Lindsley 9-3 whom even worse... Before that Duffy beat a bunch of no names in lessor organizations.. The guy trains out of "MMA Clinic" and I can tell you he's not training with the quality of partners that Dustiin Poirier is...

I just think Dustin Poirier wins this fight.. Duffy is tough though and I could be wrong but as a 2-1 underdog I think DP's the smart play...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-06-15 at 04:32 PM.

bjpenn85

Raise your hand if you think poiriers hand looks like this!! Ho lord sweet baby jesus:
    http://www.mma-core.com/videos/Jake_...C_185/10096181

bjpenn85

BJPenn buddy, Dustin Poirier beat Max Holloway.. That's saying something.. I think Max Holloway could be Duffy today.. Just saying if we comparing who beat who in the past..

Duffy is only 2 fights deep in the UFC now, he beat Ivan Jorge whom really isn't anything special and Jake Lindsley 9-3 whom even worse... Before that Duffy beat a bunch of no names in lessor organizations.. The guy trains out of "MMA Clinic" and I can tell you he's not training with the quality of partners that Dustiin Poirier is...

I just think Dustin Poirier wins this fight.. I could be wrong though but at a 2-1 underdog I think it's the smart play...
    You said duffy didnt beat mcregor standing up. Well, did dustin beat max holloway standing up? Not at all. He was outclassed by max, and surely went to the ground. So in fact, youre argument is as flawed as dustin poirers chin.

Max would beat duffy today, but that doesnt mean dustin poirer would.

Like ive said, it doesnt matter who you beat, its how you beat them. If a fighter from the worst camp in history, went 15-0 and beat all fighters rousey style, i would be concerned to bet against him in the ufc if he was getting a favourable matchup.

And btw, i am your faaaaather

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Best of luck BJ with your boy Duffy.. He's going down and there nothing I can do to stop it

bjpenn85

Best of luck BJ with your boy Duffy.. He's going down and there nothing I can do to stop it
    Who said im on duffy? Im just not on poirier. Poirier in dublin against a guy ufcs rooting for. Wonder what could happen here Einstein. btw heard about the camp tristar?

bjpenn85

Let me answer - duffys camp last outings, good luck!

mirinquads

Implying this forum consists of the even supposedly best .

mirinquads

What you're all missing is Poiriers weightclass shift, you see it all the time in boxing. One weightclass might be totally wrong for a fighter, drain their chin, fighting ability etc. He's way way superior at 155.
    I think Duffy is the rightful favorite in Ireland, but Poirier will absolutely come to fight. He doesn't want to get humiliated like against Conor again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Implying this forum consists of the even supposedly best .
    I read the other forum where you and some of the old guys all post.. It's all garbage... So many better MMA forums to gather information from..

You're last post on OB today.. "Considering it.. Ben is very hard to get offence off on, and he's enormous"

Can't even spell Offense right Miri, lol.. Great analysis of Ben by the way, incredible insight and depth in that post of yours.... Sorry man had to bust your balls as you left me choice..

mirinquads

I read the other forum where you and some of the old guys all post.. It's all garbage... So many better MMA forums to gather information from..

You're last post on OB today.. "Considering it.. Ben is very hard to get offence off on, and he's enormous"

Can't even spell Offense right Miri, lol.. Great analysis of Ben by the way, incredible insight and depth in that post of yours.... Sorry man had to bust your balls as you left me choice..
    Yeah, because the good stuff is on the public forum

Glad to know that you still come there for your plays, though! If it was such garbage, i'd have expected you to stay away, no? ; )

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, because the good stuff is on the public forum

Glad to know that you still come there for your plays, though! If it was such garbage, i'd have expected you to stay away, no? ; )
    I go on that forum for the odds spread trying to get best value on one of my many books..... Then if bored I'll check in to see what Ezflyer is typing.. About the only sharpie posting over there IMO.. You can post a gem every now and then Miri so I'll be nice and not leave you out.....

Can't remember the last time I went off a pick from that forum or any other.. I don't tail Miri in MMA you should know that.. Come on bud...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-06-15 at 08:29 PM.

mirinquads

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Reza Madadi is a possible hit if his time spent in prison didn't derail his career too much.

Rothwell, another possible hit.

1234 ... Last