THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Hunt (June 10, 2017)

FS1, 10:00 pm ET
    Derrick Lewis vs Mark Hunt
    Derek Brunson vs Daniel Kelly
    Dan Hooker vs Ross Pearson
    Ion Cutelaba vs Henrique da Silva
    Tim Elliot vs Ben Nguyen
    Miizuto Hirota vs Alex Volkanovski

FS1, 8:00 pm ET
    Damien Brown vs Vinc Pichel
    Luke Jumeau vs Dominique Steele
    Ashkan Mokhtarian vs John Moraga
    Kiichi Kunimoto vs Zak Ottow

UFC Fight Pass 7:00 pm ET
    JJ Aldrich vs Chan-Mi Jeon
    Thibault Gouti vs Dong Hyun Kim

Points Awarded:

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Lewis KO

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Love this card. Going to bet huge on lewis.

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Black Beast.

Hugo de Naranja

Don't think I'll be too big on this card. A lot of meh fights.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

think lewis is overrated, sloppy technique but big power... dont love Hunts chin lately though but will prob lean Hunt TKO/KO he has the better striking technique if he doesnt get caught right away and can land some leg kicks i could see him landing a big shot

heavyweights at similiar level = dog money

and we all know brunson is going to maul dan kelly

getlucky2win
    faded
    getlucky2win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

Blackest of beastes

Demonata

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    think lewis is overrated, sloppy technique but big power... dont love Hunts chin lately though but will prob lean Hunt TKO/KO he has the better striking technique if he doesnt get caught right away and can land some leg kicks i could see him landing a big shot

Lol he's a beast. Going to probably ko hunt in first round. Hunt been dealing with that lawsuit against brock lesnar. Don't see lewis getting knocked out at all. He's also so damn strong. Big country layed on.him when he faught him and lewis stood up so easy like a pillow was on him.Not going to have time to leg kock lewis while he's getting kod lol. Brunson will murder kelly though.

Hugo de Naranja

Dan Kelly my biggest bet of the card.

On the real, I think this is actually a very good matchup for Kelly if he can survive R1.

Ty$
    Ty$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1275

Kelly wins this fight. I want to lean Hunt but that's a real toss up. Brunson isn't good. He charges like an idiot and gases pretty easy. Kelly all day.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by Ty$ View Post
    Kelly wins this fight. I want to lean Hunt but that's a real toss up. Brunson isn't good. He charges like an idiot and gases pretty easy. Kelly all day.
    Just has to get through the first few minutes and they he can win by volume or even get a late finish.

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Lewis KO/TKO FTW

firekillex

Brunson literally better then Kelly in every aspect of mma imo , I would be the most shocked ever if he lost
    I will be buried if so, I'll put him in 5+ parlays I think it's an automatic win

i like Lewis a ton he's hilarious but he has terrible defense , he's not a top 5 guy .. hunt isn't the greatest lately but at heavyweight with that power anybody can win so I like underdog money in toss up fights even though I'd hope Lewis wins for entertainment purposes

Hugo de Naranja

Brunson literally better then Kelly in every aspect of mma imo , I would be the most shocked ever if he lost
    I will be buried if so, I'll put him in 5+ parlays I think it's an automatic win

i like Lewis a ton he's hilarious but he has terrible defense , he's not a top 5 guy .. hunt isn't the greatest lately but at heavyweight with that power anybody can win so I like underdog money in toss up fights even though I'd hope Lewis wins for entertainment purposes
    I'll go grab a shovel
    Points Awarded:

firekillex gave Hugo de Naranja 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Demonata

Yeah man Im putting brunson in a ton of parlays too.Hes better at everything. I dont see why people like kelly. I love lewis swan dives after he wins lmfao.

firekillex

If Kelly even survives a decision against brunson I would give respect imo
    ill probably have brunson ITD in half the parlays then straight on others just in case but I think he'll maul him
    hes super pissed after that silva robbery and wants an easy win and that's what he's getting

and yes the lewis celebration is hands down best in mma I remember the first time he did it I couldn't believe my eyes his appearances on the mma are always top notch guys hilarious

Demonata

Derrick lewis will test out his rib injury by banging his wife lmfao https://youtu.be/peJEKoE7_1c

turbozed
    turbozed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

I agree with you. Lewis throws some pretty sloppy, telegraphed punches and kicks which both Brown and Abdurahimov were able to avoid pretty easily. It was the ground and pound that won Lewis those fights, with him losing Rds 1 to Brown and Rds 1-3 to Abdurahimov. I don't know if Hunt just sit there and eat those big looping shots. I don't think Hunt's chin is shot either. He ate a huge knee from Overeem that would've put anybody out. Only problem is that he's in the cage again only after 3 months. Not sure that's enough time to recover.

Both guys have been low output lately. Hunt likes to hang out pushing up against the cage, and Lewis doesn't mind being there. Fight can end any moment but there's a good chance it makes it to later rounds if there's no KO in the first.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by turbozed View Post
    I agree with you. Lewis throws some pretty sloppy, telegraphed punches and kicks which both Brown and Abdurahimov were able to avoid pretty easily. It was the ground and pound that won Lewis those fights, with him losing Rds 1 to Brown and Rds 1-3 to Abdurahimov. I don't know if Hunt just sit there and eat those big looping shots. I don't think Hunt's chin is shot either. He ate a huge knee from Overeem that would've put anybody out. Only problem is that he's in the cage again only after 3 months. Not sure that's enough time to recover.

Both guys have been low output lately. Hunt likes to hang out pushing up against the cage, and Lewis doesn't mind being there. Fight can end any moment but there's a good chance it makes it to later rounds if there's no KO in the first.

agree with your points , either fighter can turn the others lights off... i think hunt has better technique but you cannot sleep on that nasty KO he received just months ago.... Lewis said he broke his rib vs Brown but Hunt doesnt typically hit the body much from my memory

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

agree with your points , either fighter can turn the others lights off... i think hunt has better technique but you cannot sleep on that nasty KO he received just months ago.... Lewis said he broke his rib vs Brown but Hunt doesnt typically hit the body much from my memory
    Yah I was thinking at first that Hunt would exploit BB's gut, exposed by Brown, but I have only one problem with that scenario, if Hunt decides to do so with his hands, Lewis has a 7 inch reach advantage, and if Hunts hands drop to reach said gut, well in all likely probability so will Hunt.

Now a better avenue for Hunt would be to launch kicks at Lewis gut, and get him to drop his hands, and come over with a big power punch, but that's more thinking than I have ever seen Hunt do, so...yah gotta go with a Lewis TKO atm.

firekillex

yes the Lewis 7 inch reach sounds super concerning until you think about how many guys have a big reach over Hunt because hes so short and stocky for the division but hes pure samoan guys just an animal and hits like a horse... if his chin can hold up here i cannot see him not getting a finish over a very hittable lewis... super fun fight though

Shagdogy
    Shagdogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5477

I work cards from bottom to top, so lets get to the fun stuff! Dong Hyun Kim vs. Thibault Gouti in the opener. Kim's fight vs. Polo Reyes was insane. If you haven't seen it, go watch. If this fight takes place on the feet, it's 50/50. If Kim decides to pressure to cage, clinch, and drag to mat he should be able to dominate. He did fight smart in his last fight and won a clear decision with his grappling. I have him as a large favorite because it's no contest on the mat. However, I made a note not to overcommit if I decide to bet him since he does like to brawl and he may come out without much strategy.

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

I'll probably parlay Hunt and Brunson.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Hunt has a chance.. Beast is gonna have to stand and bang with Hunt, that's Hunts strength.. Hunt's chin isn't completely shot yet either..

Tough fight to call could go either way, both could gas and start hugging each other as well to a decision, no guaranteed finish here.. Not sure how I'm gonna play this fight? Beast is the younger fighter and hes' black .. Still not convinced he can stand and bang it out with Hunt..

Good HW fight and match up..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys are writing off Dan Kelly against Brunson and I'm not so sure???.. Kelly is tough and gritty, aggressive and brings a good pace.. His wrestling is decent because of his Judo base, hard to take down.. Brunson has been stopped before when his chin let him down.. Kelly can maybe grind on Brunson and wear him down for a late stoppage..

Slight lean Brunson but no gimmie here IMO.. Kelly is a gamer... Remember both Beast and Brunson have to fly over seas to fight in this one also.. No home turf advantage going into these fights..

firekillex

Kelly is absolute shit
    Brunson was extremely close to beating Yoel Romero in comparison whos 10x the wrestler Dan kelly 40 year old will ever be
    guy looks like a mummy with his body taped up every match... Brunson coming in super hungry after that Anderson rip off
    Kelly has nothing to worry him with striking wise, Brunson more explosive, better athlete he wont be able to grind him on the cage

Only question here imo is will Brunson starch him right away round 1 or decision him? Leaning brunson ITD
    Points Awarded:

Demonata gave firekillex 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

firekillex

putting a lot on the line here with Brunson so i may be bias
    but i literally think hes better in every aspect in MMA and by a big margin in some categories
    this is the type of fight UFC set up for Brunson to roll , to make up for the anderson bs

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Kelly is absolute shit
    Brunson was extremely close to beating Yoel Romero in comparison whos 10x the wrestler Dan kelly 40 year old will ever be
    guy looks like a mummy with his body taped up every match... Brunson coming in super hungry after that Anderson rip off
    Kelly has nothing to worry him with striking wise, Brunson more explosive, better athlete he wont be able to grind him on the cage

Only question here imo is will Brunson starch him right away round 1 or decision him? Leaning brunson ITD
    While I agree wih you Fire, don't forget Kelly can take a man sized beating and has a granite chin Brunson does not.. Like I said Brunson should win but I don't think it's a gimmie.. Brunson has lost 2 fights in a row now and looked less then good in both..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Derek-Brunson-68494

Sam Alvey did KO Dan Kelly though, but I thought it was stopped prematurely, Dan was not out cold. ... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Daniel-Kelly-49516

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-06-17 at 10:58 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ With all that being said in on the Brunson by KO prop myself for a benny... Hit this now because I do think these odds could drop come fight time.

$100.00 $170.00 Pending 6/10/17 11:59pm MMA Props Fighting 1133 Brunson wins by TKO/KO +170* vs Any other result

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-06-17 at 01:10 PM.

firekillex

Agreed I just think brunson is to fast for Kelly in the end of things ... will wager KO as well
    lete get this money

still contemplating hunt / Lewis .. kinda wanna go with Hunt tko/Ko... can't see this fight going 5 with these 2 monsters ... maybe even go hunt round 1-2-3 gotta check prices

firekillex

tim elliot -190 vs ben nguyen ... i like that value a lot
    tim elliot is a stronger/ better striker then louis smolka imo... and we seen what he did to nguyen

thoughts?
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave firekillex 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Agreed I just think brunson is to fast for Kelly in the end of things ... will wager KO as well
    lete get this money

still contemplating hunt / Lewis .. kinda wanna go with Hunt tko/Ko... can't see this fight going 5 with these 2 monsters ... maybe even go hunt round 1-2-3 gotta check prices
    Was hoping for better odds on either of these myself.. Little disappointed ..

1037 Hunt wins by TKO/KO
    +144

1041 Lewis wins by TKO/KO
    +159

I may just play this under below, haven't decided yet.. Even though there is a possibility these two big guys might gas and start hugging each other round after round the under 1.5 is tempting... Both have KO power early on..

UFC Fight Night 110 - Heavyweight 5 rounds - Vector Arena - Auckland, New Zealand - FS1
    Sat 6/10 1001 Mark Hunt +100 o1½ -105
    11:59PM 1002 Derrick Lewis -120 u1½ -115

firekillex

+144 isnt to bad for hunt TKO ... was hoping +200 but books no itll be finished by tko for one or the other...
    u1.5 is always scary

firekillex

ross pearson +130 over dan hooker hmmm

Hugo de Naranja

lete get this money

I have that as my hedge. See that as Brunson's ONLY path to victory.

1234 ... Last