MMA_Oracle
    MMA_Oracle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

MMA_Oracle: Plays, Discussions, Bets

I'm going to keep this short and sweet. All bets are to win 1u (low confidence), 2u (medium confidence), or 4u (extreme confidence), not including random props I bet, which will be very small. Not all bets will win but all bets have value. I'd be glad to give my lean on a particular fight/outcome even if I am not betting the fight myself. Join me, MMA_Oracle, in crushing the books

MMA_Oracle

UFN 71 Plays
    I feel like there aren't many good spots on this card. It has some value but most cards will have a lot more action. I ended betting all but one fight at UFC 189

Mir/Duffee Wont Start Round 2 (-140) Risk: 1.4u
    I'm pretty much on the boat of fading Frank Mir. Outside of beating Bigfoot who is a shell of himself now, Mir hasn't won a fight in a long time. More so, Duffee is the type of fighter that has given Frank problems in the past (faster, more athletic, harder hitter). With that being said, it's nuts to back Duffee as a 2:1 favorite with the chin and cardio issues that Duffee has shown in the past. Frank seems to have his crafty little moments on the feet and on the ground.

Ferguson by Decision (+170) Risk: 0.6u
    As much as I like winning money, I hope I'm wrong about this play. I'm a big Thomson fan and would like to see him go out (presumably) with a win against a top end opponent. Yes, Ferguson is top end. But after a year layoff and Thomson's inactivity level in recent fights, its hard to back Thomson against such a quality opponent. If this fight took place a year or two ago with the same odds, I'd be all over Thomson. With that all being said, El Cucuy should be able to use his size and length to win this fight. Dude is a beast and this fight will launch him into the top 10

Other bets (I will throw 0.25u on the following but wouldn't recommend them)
    Reneau by Dec +525
    Ildemar Alcantara -105
    Andrew Craig by Dec +335

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

We need some 5unit POUND plays!!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Also Torn on the Ferg Fight....i also simply just cant bet on Mir....the night he won-every dog was hitting---epic night....wont be that epic tonight....he just lacks cardio and skills....bigfoot put his chin on a plate....cant think that will happen again....i mean---suprise me Mir...

MMA_Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    We need some 5unit POUND plays!!

I wish I had some for you, buddy. This card is filled with underperformers that I refuse to go big on. Be patient, they will come. I have my eye on one for Saturday but I need to research further

MMA_Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Also Torn on the Ferg Fight....i also simply just cant bet on Mir....the night he won-every dog was hitting---epic night....wont be that epic tonight....he just lacks cardio and skills....bigfoot put his chin on a plate....cant think that will happen again....i mean---suprise me Mir...
    I agree. But same goes for Duffee. Best bet is to take the under so you're not screwed by either fighter. More so you get better odds on Duffee this way since his chances of winning outside of the first round diminish significantly

MMA_Oracle

Just to confirm this before the event starts, my smaller bets are all risking 0.25u,

Added play: Kevin Lee by Dec (+104) 0.96u
    Coming in highly motivated for this fight, Lee has the perfect style to give Moonwalker problems. I think pretty highly of Moontasri (at least compared to the consensus) but all his flashy kicks will cost him here against the strong wrestler in Lee. A submission isn't too likely here because Moontasri trains at Black House with great BJJ practitioners. This is Lee's most likely means of winning the fight and avoids the juice you would have to pay by playing him straight (-250 ​)

PaperTrail07

Have a feeling it will look like the Grave fight or the Jerod Sanders fight....boring as penetrate....but will leave with the W....UNLESS he gets KO's in the first 2 mins....i like Moontasri as well....smart and athletic....avoiding this fight personally and maybe a small play on moon....1st round will tell the tale..UPDATE---you talked me into it lol...after looking everything over--he is the play .
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Oracle View Post
    Just to confirm this before the event starts, my smaller bets are all risking 0.25u,

Added play: Kevin Lee by Dec (+104) 0.96u
    Coming in highly motivated for this fight, Lee has the perfect style to give Moonwalker problems. I think pretty highly of Moontasri (at least compared to the consensus) but all his flashy kicks will cost him here against the strong wrestler in Lee. A submission isn't too likely here because Moontasri trains at Black House with great BJJ practitioners. This is Lee's most likely means of winning the fight and avoids the juice you would have to pay by playing him straight (-250 ​)

the xx
    the xx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

wish I had access to renaua by decision at those odds. sharp play. gl

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Mir is way way more skilled than Duffee in ANY facet of MMA.

And what the hell does the other dogs hitting have anything to do with Mir hitting?

PaperTrail07

Nothing at all....just saying something was in the water that night....I totally agree he is more skilled but he is also 36 years old ....I actually think Duffee is going to roll him the more I think about it...that weak right jab is not going to put down 2 people in a row....just no way.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post

And what the hell does the other dogs hitting have anything to do with Mir hitting?

MMA_Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post

He may be more skilled but when you're as fast as Duffee and fighting someone w the combination of a bad chin + being molasses slow, you'd feel pretty about your chances at touching that chin

MMA_Oracle

The odds on Thomson are getting ridiculous. Even though I have a bet on Ferguson by Dec, I'm putting a half a unit down on Thomson +240.

MMA_Oracle

UFN 71 Results

Mir/Duffee Wont Start Round 2 (-140) Risk: 1.4u
    Win
    Ferguson by Decision (+170) Risk: 0.6u Win
    Kevin Lee by Dec (+104) Risk: 0.96u Loss
    Reneau by Dec +525 Risk:0.25u Loss
    Ildemar Alcantara -105 Risk: 0.25u Loss
    Andrew Craig by Dec +335 Risk: 0.25u Loss
    Thomson +240 Risk: 0.5u Loss

Results: -0.21u

Obviously I say this in hindsight but I should have kept my prop plays to a minimum w limited wagers today. My two more confident bets hit (although, Ferguson was very close to finishing). Better card on Saturday = Better spots to clean up. Stay tuned

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_Oracle View Post
    He may be more skilled but when you're as fast as Duffee and fighting someone w the combination of a bad chin + being molasses slow, you'd feel pretty about your chances at touching that chin
    At least you bet the under. Way better bet if you wanted Toffee.
    Last edited by mirinquads; 07-16-15 at 02:09 AM.

MMA_Oracle

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 72

I apologize in advance for not writing out my thoughts out like I did for the previous event. I'm leaving the house soon and the event is early tomorrow morning so I just dont have time. I was excited to have a big, 4 unit play however with further review, I tend to not like the play as much as I originally did. Two plays

Michael Bisping (-115) for 2.3u
    (if you plan on betting Leites, i'd bet him ITD instead of straight because of much better odds and I frankly don't trust his cardio to outlast Bisping's. I full expect Bisping to win the decision if it goes there

Parlay: Joseph Duffy ITD (-260) + Leon Edwards (-340) = (-128) for 1.28u

Special Prop* Cortney Casey by Sub (+680) for 0.1u
    She's got a nice armbar

MMA_Oracle

Sorry, forgot one play

Jimmie Rivera (-130) for 1.3u

MMA_Oracle

Added Play:

Vaughan Lee (+125) Risk: 0.8u

MMA_Oracle

UFN 72 Results

Michael Bisping (-115) for 2.3u Win
    Parlay: Joseph Duffy ITD (-260) + Leon Edwards (-340) = (-128) for 1.28u Win
    Jimmie Rivera (-130) for 1.3u Win
    Vaughan Lee (+125) Risk: 0.8u ​Loss
    Cortney Casey by Sub (+680) for 0.1u ​Loss

Total: +3.1u
    YTD: +3u

I originally wanted Bisping to be my 4u play but I didn't like how he was taking punches in his last fight against Dollaway oh well, guess I can't complain for a winning event

Edit: i calculated incorrectly
    Last edited by MMA_Oracle; 07-18-15 at 04:01 PM.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Well done, hit all the big ones, keep it up.

MMA_Oracle

Thank you. I wouldn't mind bouncing ideas off of each other leading up to next week's card. Let's kill these books

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

like the look and feel of this thread...

jul25/fox16: outstanding small buy to win 1u on Castillo over JimMiller available IF you have Bovada/Bodog +135 (-0.74u/+1u)

love books like Bodog/SportsInteraction with their occasional "sore thumb" prices like that...

when a super-sweet price appears u gotta auto-hit it like a whack-a-mole, when u see it...cuz sometimes it's just a temporary "$-balancing" special...regardless of your opinion on the fight...

a habit of hitting plays like this is like "eating spinach" for your bankroll...as it pays dividends over time...even tho' you very often don't really want to do it...as time goes by you're glad you developed the habit

also points out the value of having additional books at which you can shop, in addition to your "go to" book which for most is 5Dimes
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-19-15 at 10:34 PM.

MMA_Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    like the look and feel of this thread...

jul25/fox16: outstanding small buy to win 1u on Castillo over JimMiller available IF you have Bovada/Bodog +135 (-0.74u/+1u)
    (vs. +105 at dimey)

love books like Bodog/SportsInteraction with their occasional "sore thumb" prices like that...

when a super-sweet price appears u gotta auto-hit it like a whack-a-mole, when u see it...cuz sometimes it's just a temporary "$-balancing" special...regardless of your opinion on the fight...

a habit of hitting plays like this is like "eating spinach" for your bankroll...as it pays dividends over time...even tho' you very often don't really want to do it...as time goes by you're glad you developed the habit

also points out the value of having additional books at which you can shop, in addition to your "go to" book which for most is 5Dimes
    Ill be honest w you, i dont fully commit to my bets until after weigh ins. I take them pretty seriously when capping a fight and look at how different a fighter may have looked in the past as well as whether it looks like they've had a tough weight cut. I personally bet half of my intended bet when the line drops then add more to it after weigh ins if i still feel as strongly. For instance, i wanted to make Bisping a 4u play so I put 2u on him as soon as the previous event ended. but after some review, i saw some aspects of the fight that I didnt like so i just kept the 2u on him. if i am unsure about a fight, i wont bet until after ive done research and after weigh ins. I may lose some value but im sure ive saved my ass plenty of times in the past

with that being said, i dont use Bodog but bestfightodds has Castillo as -115 at the moment. at the moment i favor Castillo but im not sure whether im going to play this fight. Castillo has strong wrestling and losing to Felder, Barbosa, and losing a split decision to Ferguson is nothing to be ashamed of. I might favor him here

fitguy67

update to the above, underlining how temporary many/most extra-sweet price "specials" can be...i actually hit it about 5 hours ago...when deciding to make my above post, i unfortunately was looking at a stale webpage from when i hit the play and mistakenly concluded it was still available...sorry 'bout dat

decided to leave the post as is, because of the point it makes about auto-hitting exceptionally out-of-whack prices when they appear, regardless of whether you "like" the play or not...

Interesting follow-up is that now Bodog is, in fact, sporting an extra-sweet price on the OTHER side...Miller -115, 20c better than dimey

a side benefit of hitting the sweet-price on WHATever side of a ticket WHENever/WHEREever you see it...is that, if the line swings sufficiently in your direction, you always have the option to just pocket the difference... such as now I can lock in the difference on my little Castillo +135 position and the current Miller-115...not a bad idea in situations such as now where my opinion on the fight hasn't yet solidified

risking 0.93u = {(stake+target)/decimal-odds} =1.74/1.87 determines the equal "green out" point

so, taking Miller-115 (-0.93/+0.81) means .07u is passively pocketed...and there's still plenty of time to take a real pre-fight position on the fight

sorry for the de-rail...just something that popped up that others MAY find useful next time they inagdvertently catch a favorable line-swing...i'd never been really clear on exactly how to "green out" on a windfall and a shift from +135 to -115 on the other side within just a few hours forced me to sort out the arithmetic
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-19-15 at 11:31 PM.

fitguy67

Gomi worth a shot at +210 (pinnacle) -0.476u/+1u...
    expect a rock'em sock'em robots hi-variance spectacle with these 2 guyz...and the 110% bonus payout on what feels like an "anything can happen" coin flip makes it irrestistible

I don't like betting Japs fighting in 'merica but this is Gomi and he only loses to top guyz...which Lauzon used to be...but all those F/POTN wars take their toll
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-21-15 at 09:39 AM.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

I bet on Miller but a buddy of mine close to the Miller bros said his cardio is in question. I still like Miller though. Castillo is old for a LW Remember.

MMA_Oracle

The more i watch tape on the fight, the more i want to pass on it. There are too many question marks in this fight. Gun to my head I pick Miller now but not betting on it. Good luck with your Miller bet

mirinquads

You don't have to be close to the Miller brothers to know that their cardio is in question. Jim gasses halfway through all his fights. If he can't find an early sub, he will get ground down.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bjpenn85

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I like Danny here.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Gun to your head you pick miller? Well, then youre a dead man, because miller has been my ultimate fade material for a while now.

MMA_Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Gun to your head you pick miller? Well, then youre a dead man, because miller has been my ultimate fade material for a while now.
    no chance in hell i bet on this fight outside of a prop

MMA_Oracle

Barao/Dillashaw

I went on another thread talking about how insane it would be to back Dillashaw at current odds. Well, I think I'm gonna eat my crow now. I guess I remember the Barao/Gagnon fight going a lot differently than it actually did. Barao looks like a shell of what we're used to seeing from him. Maybe he is too big for this weight class like TJ suggested. Nonetheless, I apologize for making that comment before I had actually reviewed the fight. I favor TJ pretty heavily in this fight. I will probably be betting him straight with a hedge of Barao ITD (maybe TKO) as a hedge in case he lands something early

edit: but as initially intended, I will only be betting on this fight after weigh ins take place

MMA_Oracle

I think I'm leaning towards throwing Cummings and Lauzon in a parlay together to pay around 78 cents to the dollar. The pay out is not great and it's a lazy/square bet but neither of these two should have any problems winning their respective fights. Other than the main event, Barboza/Felder, and Cruickshank/Krause, I fail to find value on this card that's worth betting on. However, I'm considering taking Lauzon by SUB instead of doing this parlay as a small prop bet if they odds are in the + (Lauzon itd is -150 currently, one can only hope Lauzon SUB will be evens or better)

Will confirm after line drops

siefer
    siefer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Hey, new to betting but longtime hardcore mma fan. just wanted your opinion on this weekends fights. These are my bets

straight 1: cummings
    parley 1: cummings + lauzon
    parley 2: cummings + lauzon + barboza

what do you think? anything you would change?

What are your bets for this card oracle?

---------------
    These were my bets for last card

parley 1: rivera + duffy
    parley 2: rivera + duffy + calderwood
    straight 1: bisping

MMA_Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by siefer View Post
    Hey, new to betting but longtime hardcore mma fan. just wanted your opinion on this weekends fights. These are my bets

straight 1: cummings
    parley 1: cummings + lauzon
    parley 2: cummings + lauzon + barboza

what do you think? anything you would change?

What are your bets for this card oracle?

---------------
    These were my bets for last card

parley 1: rivera + duffy
    parley 2: rivera + duffy + calderwood
    straight 1: bisping
    First of all, just for transparency, I am probably going to be on Cummings, Lauzon, and most likely Barboza. With that being said, I dont like the idea of throwing fighters in multiple parlays like that. I actually don't like parlays other than to give value to an otherwise highly juiced fighter. For instance, you have great odds on Barboza as it is, instead of being somewhat greedy and throwing him in a parlay, I'd keep Cummings and Lauzon in a parlay and make a straight bet on Barboza separately. As a rule of thumb, I don't think i'd throw anyone with odds of -200 or below in a parlay instead of making a straight bet on them.

I'll be posting my plays after weigh ins on Friday. Hope that helps, good luck this weekend
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: siefer

1234 Last