THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia (August 01, 2015)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET

Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia (for women's bantamweight title)
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua
    Fernando Bruno vs. Glaico Franca(TUF: Brazil 4 lightweight final)
    Dileno Lopes vs. Reginaldo Vieira (TUF: Brazil 4 bantamweight final)
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Stefan Struve
    Soa Palelei vs. Antonio Silva
    Jessica Aguilar vs. Claudia Gadelha

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET

Neil Magny vs. Demian Maia
    Rafael Cavalcante vs. Patrick Cummins
    Warlley Alves vs. Nordine Taleb
    Iuri Alcantara vs. Leandro Issa

UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET

Clint Hester vs. Vitor Miranda
    Guido Cannetti vs. Hugo Viana

Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave THE_LOCKSMITH 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Line will come down due to small flyers on Bethe

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

lock any chance for bethe

THE_LOCKSMITH

no...

Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rousey under 1 minute, Lock
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Giants007 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GunShard

CaptChaos145

I may go as small as possible on Bethe for fun.
    I think the Maia line will be -220 and I like it.
    Little Nog & Rua I'm not touching. God only knows where those 2 guys are at. Both have a ton of miles on them.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

rousey will murder this chick fast

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

-0.3u /+3u on Correia

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

How do you expect her to win Fit?

Just take the under.
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave mirinquads 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

This event got next!!! A week away.. Already chomping at the bit..

- Shogun and Struve should get the wins against the aging and worn out Nog brothers.... Both by KO as well... You heard it here first...

- Obviously Soa Ko's Big Foot Silva as well..

- Neil Magny vs Damian Maia is an interesting match up.. Magny might pick apart Maia standing in that one if he can keep it standing.... Really like Maia as he has only improved as a fighter since getting embarrassed against Anderson Silva but this is a tough matchup... If Maia can get this fight to the ground he probably wins though..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-26-15 at 12:35 PM.

THE_LOCKSMITH

the Reverse Nog theory is in play here

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Giving this a shot before the odds blow up...

My thinking on this 3 teamer below - will play each one for the straight win as well...

The Nog bro's at nearly 40 years of age I don't think can win fights anymore at this level.. The 27 year old Skyscraper should have his way with big Nog with is length and reach, big Nog just looks old in recent fights to me and his chin isn't what it use to be.... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anton...-Nogueira-1440

Rumble just knocked little Nog into a coma practically in his last fight.. The 33 year old Shogun will bring it as he always does and should be too much for little Nog..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anton...-Nogueira-2270

Young Max Holloway is on a roll and just looks unbeatable right now after 6 wins in a row simply said..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Max-Holloway-38671

$100 $250 Pending 3 Team Parlay
    Pending 8/1/15 11:59pm UFC Fighting 1102 Mauricio Rua -190* vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    Pending 8/1/15 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1402 Stefan Struve -210* vs Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Pending 8/23/15 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1002 Max Holloway -180* vs Charles Oliveira
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-26-15 at 02:25 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Magny vs maia will be interesting

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

I'm staying away from the main card outside of Ronda and Soa, but I'm very interested to see the lines for nearly all the prelims, I see money to be made there if we see the lines I'm thinking. My advice is play the main card soft, old fighters, fighters off the juice, and fighters that show up sometimes and sometimes take the night off, sum overpriced lines but on the opposite side dogs not worth the risk, no rock solid bets there outside of Ronda and Soa. Focus on the prelims for this one.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 07-26-15 at 02:28 PM.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    -0.3u /+3u on Correia
    Biggest mismatch of the year, even more so than Dillashaw/barao if you can imagin, Absolutly no way it gets out the first round, even if Ronda plays around with her and slaps her around a bit. Any money on Correia or any over plays is just throwing money in the trash, you'd have to really hate yourself to bet Correia lol seriously...Rousey inside the distance should be -8000, massive massive value here at only -800 currently.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 07-26-15 at 01:56 PM.

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Quote Originally Posted by Giants007 View Post
    Rousey under 1 minute, Lock

Not according to rousey.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by nanderson1134 View Post
    Not according to rousey.
    rousey is just trying to sell the fight with those comments, under a minute isn't something I'd bet, but under a round is safe, ref will have mercy on Correia, Ronda wins by Tko. WHICH IS AT +350!!!!! If I was to bet it, I'd bet under a minute before I'd bet over a minute.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 07-26-15 at 02:10 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Ronda wins by Tko. WHICH IS AT +350!!!!! If I was to bet it, I'd bet under a minute before I'd bet over a minute.
    Isn't Rhonda named the arm bar queen for a reason? Don't most of her fights go to the ground? Just saying....

Good luck though Josh and Rhonda I guess could get the pound out on the ground like she did with Cat Zigano.... I guess you moved the line as it's at +250 now on 5D..

1041 Rousey wins by TKO/KO +250

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Isn't Rhonda named the arm bar queen for a reason? Don't most of her fights go to the ground? Just saying....

Good luck though Josh and Rhonda I guess could get the pound out on the ground like she did with Cat Zigano....
    She says she wants to punish her, I believe that... Arm bar would be to easy, That would def not be trying to make it last, she'd be a blatant liar...She will beat on her till the ref stops it, it will be on the ground. She said she will make her feel every second, that doesn't sound like a quick sub to me.. Its +350, you'd have to be crazy not to put atleast 100 on it, regardless of your unit size.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 07-26-15 at 02:29 PM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

This card and the ones following it look like they'll be tough to play accurately.

Especially if judges continue with their questionable calls.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JoshKnows46

JoshKnows46

Think of it like this jibby, you know she will finish her, it's 50/50 if she decides to do it by sub or by ref stoppage due to strikes, your getting 3.5 times your money, based on her comments and promises I'd actually set the line in favor of the Tko over sub, so I'm getting more along the lines of around 60% Tko/ 40% sub, and I'm getting +350 in what I see as the favorite to happen... If you don't bet this, then I don't see how u can ever bet on underdog odds ever.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKnows46 View Post
    Think of it like this jibby, you know she will finish her, it's 50/50 if she decides to do it by sub or by ref stoppage due to strikes, your getting 3.5 times your money, based on her comments and promises I'd actually set the line in favor of the Tko over sub, so I'm getting more along the lines of around 60% Tko/ 40% sub, and I'm getting +350 in what I see as the favorite to happen... If you don't bet this, then I don't see how u can ever bet on underdog odds ever.
    Can't argue with your 50/50 theory for the odds being offered up at +350... Rhonda surely either subs her out or KO's her..

Josh where are you seeing this KO prop for +350 still? Just curious...

CaptChaos145

This event got next!!! A week away.. Already chomping at the bit..

- Shogun and Struve should get the wins against the aging and worn out Nog brothers.... Both by KO as well... You heard it here first...

- Obviously Soa Ko's Big Foot Silva as well..

- Neil Magny vs Damian Maia is an interesting match up.. Magny might pick apart Maia standing in that one if he can keep it standing.... Really like Maia as he has only improved as a fighter since getting embarrassed against Anderson Silva but this is a tough matchup... If Maia can get this fight to the ground he probably wins though..
    Maia has been able to take just about everyone to the ground and keep most of them there. he gets the TD on Magney and dominates on the ground. Maia will be Magney's toughest fight by far and he's traveling to Brazil. I think the line will be/end up at a -220 for Maia and I will be all over it!

JoshKnows46

Can't argue with your 50/50 theory for the odds being offered up at +350... Rhonda surely either subs her out or KO's her..

Josh where are you seeing this KO prop for +350 still? Just curious...
    Locals, and 5dimes.

JoshKnows46

Nevermind it's at +250 at 5dimes, just looked... Was at +350 at 4:30 this morning, bet it before it goes down more.

JoshKnows46

I dont understand the Bigfoot/Soa line movement, I figured I was getting the best line at -210, it's down to -180... People are really betting Bigfoot? Guess some poor souls are goin dog hunting on the bigger name... Shoulda waited...
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 07-26-15 at 03:18 PM.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I interpreted the exaxt same thing.I think rousey will prove a point, highlight her ever evolving standup skill and beat her down for insulting her relationship with her father. This scenario isnt so unusual. Fighters hate to be categorised or reduced to only a standup fighter or a grappler. Fighters are emotional individuals that hate to be picked on or categorised/generalised, typically because they once was a victim to bullying or whatever. You saw it yesterday as well, miesha tate refused to take down eye before she knocked her down, and later at the press conference she admitted that standing up with eye was her intention to show her overall game.

If the fight ends up going for more than two rounds i believe that she maybe will take her down, perhaps because she does feel more comfortable grappling when the output starts to wear down, but i truly believe she will knock her ass out. From this standpoint you can argument that setting the TKO line at +480 against the biggest mismatch in ufs history is one of the biggest mistakes from an oddsmaker ever. And i would like to make a suitable comment to that while i strole down to the bank: hæ hæ.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

-1200 a GIFT SBR!

UncleChael

11 months after being knocked out by Big Country, BiG NOG enters the Octagon to fight 7' Foot Stefan "the Skyscraper" Struve.

bjpenn85

Probably amateurs that mistakes having a huge chin, means having a good chin. Seriously though, silva cant take one single punch these days, does testo give you better defence, weird have he suddenly cant take a punch. I know he had a bad chin before, but not this bad

UncleChael

12 months after being knocked out by Anthony Johnson. Lil Nog enters the Octagon to fight Shogun, who is (1-4) in last five fights.

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    I interpreted the exaxt same thing.I think rousey will prove a point, highlight her ever evolving standup skill and beat her down for insulting her relationship with her father. This scenario isnt so unusual. Fighters hate to be categorised or reduced to only a standup fighter or a grappler. Fighters are emotional individuals that hate to be picked on or categorised/generalised, typically because they once was a victim to bullying or whatever. You saw it yesterday as well, miesha tate refused to take down eye before she knocked her down, and later at the press conference she admitted that standing up with eye was her intention to show her overall game.

If the fight ends up going for more than two rounds i believe that she maybe will take her down, perhaps because she does feel more comfortable grappling when the output starts to wear down, but i truly believe she will knock her ass out. From this standpoint you can argument that setting the TKO line at +480 against the biggest mismatch in ufs history is one of the biggest mistakes from an oddsmaker ever. And i would like to make a suitable comment to that while i strole down to the bank: hæ hæ.
    Great points, I'd like to add ESPECIALLY WOMEN, they are naturally more emotional creatures, could be why we see them get away from the better easier game-plan more so than men. Ronda is unbelievably skilled but she fights off emotion. My eyes lite up when I saw that line as well lol

JoshKnows46

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    11 months after being knocked out by Big Country, BiG NOG enters the Octagon to fight 7' Foot Stefan "the Skyscraper" Struve.
    Big nog comes to fight in Brazil, Struve just isn't that good, I wouldn't lay those odds. Though I'm passing on this fight, big nog is the play.

bjpenn85

While that may be a very sexist notion, i obviously agree, just because of that hehe, but i also think that has something to do with womens mma are boxfresh. Its typical for inexperienced male fighters as well. But women have that ship on their shoulders as well. Again, because they are women, they may feel the pressure to be entertaining, and since the chance of knock out almost doesnt excist they can let go a little bit. The heavyweights should think the exact opposite, but they dont care. Heavyweights actually finishes fights by KO more than decision, being the only weight class with this bizarre phenomenon.

1234 ... Last