34. You may not vote on this poll
  • McGregor

17 50.00%
  • Mendes

17 50.00%
    Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Aldo wants to fight the winner in brazil, both Chad and Conor said its not happening

Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

anybody else watch that hour show on fox1 about Conor back in 2013? Funny to see what he was like before the UFC, not close to the douche he is today. Also I lol that his accent is worse now than it was a few years back. This guy is just all show now

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Can someone inform me on when all this "Mendes has bad cardio" started? What fight was this?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Can someone inform me on when all this "Mendes has bad cardio" started? What fight was this?
    Mendes doesn't have bad cardio as most elite wrestlers don't.. It's just not true.. He went 5 rounds with Aldo less then a year ago..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chad-Mendes-38393

I think most MMA anaylists like myself are assuming he might not be ready for a 5 rounder and trained up for it being that he took this fight on short notice simply said..

So the facts remain - if Chad has remained in top condition all along he should be fine, if not then he might start to gas out after 3 rounds if he's working hard for the takedowns.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 07-05-15 at 09:36 PM.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I would guess its related to the last Mendes vs Aldo fight and Mendes vs Clay Guida.

Mendes vs Nik Lentz might also have contributed. Can't say I've seen that fight.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

probably the single best article i've seen breaking down McG-Mendes

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/judgi...vs-chad-mendes
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave fitguy67 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    probably the single best article i've seen breaking down McG-Mendes

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/judgi...vs-chad-mendes
    Jack Slack's wrong about McGregor not having fought a good wrestler.

Dennis Siver's last fight was against Kawajiri. Their wrestling and grappling exchanges were almost even.

Max Holloway fought Dennis Bermudez. Some people thought Holloway won that fight even though he didn't get the decision:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...z-max-holloway

McGregor has fought people who have fought people Jack Slack lists as being strong wrestlers in the 145 lb division.

Its no longer a black and white thing where some people can wrestle and others can't. At that level everyone can wrestle, the difference in wrestling ability isn't as large as it used to be.

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Jack Slack's wrong about McGregor not having fought a good wrestler.

Dennis Siver's last fight was against Kawajiri. Their wrestling and grappling exchanges were almost even.

Max Holloway fought Dennis Bermudez. Some people thought Holloway won that fight even though he didn't get the decision:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC...z-max-holloway

McGregor has fought people who have fought people Jack Slack lists as being strong wrestlers in the 145 lb division.

Its no longer a black and white thing where some people can wrestle and others can't. At that level everyone can wrestle, the difference in wrestling ability isn't as large as it used to be.
    ^^^^smart man

fitguy67

i read somewhere today that Conor had some ungodly number of pounds (28!) to lose before weigh-in as of say yesterday, Sunday the 6th or today, Monday the 7th...

i figured it was something that they got from the latest Embedded (part 5 as of this typing)...but nothing about it there...unless it was another one of those Controlled McImage edits like we had in part 4 (with a few seconds of Conor's sparring footage--that of being taken down...and fence-grabbing on the way down--magically being cut from that which was first-released: see bluubirds by "grabakahitman")

anybody know anything substantive about the amount of dehydration hell this most loved and hated irishan has to endure these next few days?

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    i read somewhere today that Conor had some ungodly number of pounds (28!) to lose before weigh-in as of say yesterday, Sunday the 6th or today, Monday the 7th...

i figured it was something that they got from the latest Embedded (part 5 as of this typing)...but nothing about it there...unless it was another one of those Controlled McImage edits like we had in part 4 (with a few seconds of Conor's sparring footage--that of being taken down...and fence-grabbing on the way down--magically being cut from that which was first-released: see bluubirds by "grabakahitman")

anybody know anything substantive about the amount of dehydration hell this most loved and hated irishan has to endure these next few days?
    Chael Sonnen is the source of information for McGregor weighing 173 or whatever.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

You can see Mendes' pics he's posted on twitter/instagram. Looks like he's in good shape coming into this fight. I'm guessing this three weeks notice won't affect him that much, though a full camp is deal.

When you factor in McGregor doing tons of traveling, interviews, photos, etc it must be a lot of strain on him and then he still has to train in top of all that.

Either way, McGregor will be exposed.

fitguy67

^^McMarketing the UFC for the majority of the day's waking hours (just watch any/all of the Embedded's: non-stop "Joe Hollywood" shit filling up his days) is both draining AND distracting of one's focus...

switch over to Chad Who?'s segment and it's all training...

negative "late notice" effect << distractive effect of having to be non-stop Swagger-Master-of-the-Fukkin'Universe precisely during the business end of a camp

throw in the fact that the guy's gotta dehydrate at least double the weight than his opponent...

...and the fact that Chad is the first guy he'll actually face that isn't intimidated/star-struck in the least...so he won't have the big advantage of being over-respected

and the zero deep water experience (a la Thatch v Bendo and LH-Rumble vs DC...yes, they didn't have the experience there cuz they've been so damn dominant...but that don't mean a damn...it bites you in the ass HARD when you need it)...

he has three known cases of adversity tho...Holloway most recently that he worked thru...and two previous cases where he tapped out faster'n Matt Mittrione, lol

Sanity Check

I'll laugh my ass off if this turns out like Carla Esparza vs Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

I'll laugh even more if people calling for Mendes as future champ, read this and think to themselves: "holy shit Conor could actually win this fight".

fitguy67

^^one way or the other..."crow" and "humble pie" due to be eaten in industrial amounts^^

Conor is an ideal polarizing lightning rod...he's 100% correct saying the UFC struck marketing gold with him...

everyone watching wants to EITHER
    see him WIN or LOSE in devastating fashion...sells tickets...and repeat tickets if there's even a hint of non-conclusivity

i agree with miri above tho...it's one of the worst fights on the card, betting wise...people want to put more $ on it though...to match the "strength" of their "analysis" (better described as glorified inklings)...

because of the profile of the competition McG's faced so far...(where none of his scalps--or even scalps of the scalps--taken thus far are of those that Aldo/Mendes/Edgar would fear)...let's face it...no one knows how his package will stand up to what he hasn't REALLY had to stand up to yet (something of the likes of Chad/Frankie on the one hand or Aldo on the other)...we can only think and feel based on "inklings" not facts

so put a bit on a ticket if it'll help you to enjoy the fight...then enjoy seeing what actually happens...

lots of smart dudes line up on either side of this one...let's watch and enjoy
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-07-15 at 06:43 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Karmaphobia gave fitguy67 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 12