Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

WOW the circus Continues

per mmafighting By Guilherme Cruz

Jose Aldo’s medical report indicates fracture, final decision to be made next week

The UFC featherweight championship will be on the line July 11 in Las Vegas, but Aldo’s injury report is still controversial. Initial reports indicated that Aldo fractured his ribs in training, but the UFC later announced that he had bruised ribs and was cleared to fight.

According to Nova Uniao head coach Andre Pederneiras, Aldo’s medical reports are conflicting. Brazilian doctors concluded that Aldo has fractured ribs, but American doctors say it’s not broken.

"There’s medical report here and an evaluation there. I’m not a doctor to say which one is correct," Pederneiras told the media after Shooto Brazil 55 in Rio de Janeiro. "I know he’s injured and this rib injury is painful. He’s using anti-inflammatory and we will wait to see if he gets better. The fight is on, and we’ll check him again next week."

"We will only have this answer next week," he continued. "He’s under treatment. He did an injection and is under a PRP (platelet-rich plasma) treatment, and is waiting to get better. They take his blood, use only the good plasma, and inject it on the injury. The fight is 15 days away. Doctors say he will get better day after day. We can’t say how he will feel 15 days from now."

Pederneiras says the UFC didn’t pressure them to take the fight despite the injury, but will decide to take Aldo off UFC 189 if he’s able to cut weight properly.

"If he can’t do any exercise to cut weight, he won’t fight at all," he said. "That doesn’t concern me at all.

"He’s forbidden to do anything right now. If you move, the injury won’t heal, so he needs to stay to some rest. He’s used to pain but is feeling a lot of pain right now. It’s hard to fight at 100 percent. But if he can take a punch and don’t feel the pain he’s feeling right now… He broke his foot in the first round against ‘Korean Zombie’ and kept fighting. He’s used to pain. We’ll only let him fight if he’s well."

Pederneiras admitted that the media revealing the news was an issue for Aldo, who could enter a fight with his opponent knowing he has an injury. However, "Dede" is confident that Aldo beats McGregor anyway.

"I think Aldo is so superior it won’t make the difference. If he goes to the fight, he will win," Pederneiras said. "I won’t put him in a situation that one punch can end the fight."

"We don’t know who leaked this information. We didn’t leak it," he continued. "We took him to the hospital and a lot of people saw him there. I told the matchmaker he was injured and under treatment, but it was on the media already. We believe someone in the hospital leaked this information to the media

If Aldo can’t make it to UFC 189, Chad Mendes will step in and fight McGregor for the interim belt, but Pederneiras says it makes no sense to create an interim title.

Giants007

this is getting soooooo out of control

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

I guess its not period blood after all

Giants007

sprained left puzzy lip

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

I just hope this little brazilian bitch fights, so Conor can kick his ass and I can collect my checks. I think he's running scarred and/or trying to play mind games with Conor. Probable juicing and trying to avoid testing, you don't spare hard a couple weeks before the biggest fight of your life, I don't buy it, he just can't be that stupid.
    Last edited by JoshKnows46; 06-27-15 at 04:25 PM.

Giants007

I agree and think Aldo is scared, He has everything to lose and Conor has everything to gain

JoshKnows46
    JoshKnows46's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2151

Quote Originally Posted by Giants007 View Post
    I agree and think Aldo is scared, He has everything to lose and Conor has everything to gain
    But that's how it is for every title fight, only difference is Conor has put the pressure on him like never before...claiming a injury gives Aldo a built in excuse, and a chance to make another big check with a quick rematch, while also delaying or avoiding the roid testing... In a sense it's smart business but at the same time it's already accepting defeat. I believe the fight will go on.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Mendez is getting paid to fight regardless if Aldo fights or not.