PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Belfort +385 ...Great Value IMO

Weidman -250...Understandable....-490...line is simply off here IMO....With How bad Belfort wants to win (willing to cheat) there is nothing that can be said to get me off this bet.....Do you honestly feel Weidman should be this big of a favorite?

yacuna island
    yacuna island's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Belfort's line will probably get better a lot of people will be putting Chris in parlays.

I'd wait until right before fight time.

I'm a big fan of Vitor's, it's hard not to get sentimental with the old fighters especially with fighters that had such highlights as his.

But Chris is almost 10 years younger and a great wrestler. If he decides to take Vitor down in the 1st and second I don't think Vitor will have any chance to win.

There's so many heavy favourites on this card but I feel most confident that Chris will get the win.

PaperTrail07

I don't think Weidman has fought anyone like Vitor yet....he may be 38 but he does not look, act or fight like it....His win over Rockhold is more impressive than anything Weidman has done IMO....490.....just no way....Just not a good bet at those odds....have to take other side...im interested to see if your right on the line move...I was guessing the opposite ...

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

Quote Originally Posted by yacuna island View Post

I'm a big fan of Vitor's, it's hard not to get sentimental with the old fighters especially with fighters that had such highlights as his.

My favorite highlight.

PaperTrail07

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32138

That ones good too.

PaperTrail07

KO's the guy that will end up with the Belt-He has it in him to land one to end it--very live dog IMO

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

Weidman doesn't get caught with that same head kick from Vitor..

If Machida couldn't land a good head kick on Weidman I highly doubt Vitor will.. Weidman can take a good punch or kick as well.. Never seen him get seriously rocked in a fight.. I see Weidman using his wrestling and outstanding Jits skills to win this fight.. CW won't be fighting backwards like Luke did either so I can see a good timed double coming.. Vitor tries those crazy head kicks again and CW gets the taken down..

Weidman is very confident in his standup though and could conceivably punk Vitor on the feet as well just like he did Machida... I do think he will try to go to the ground with Vitor though and not take chances, wear down the old man in this 5 rounder with ground and pound and submission attempts from the top position..... Vitor hasn't been tested on the ground in a very long while against a skill set like Weidman has shown.....

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Superman vs. TRT Vitor.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave UncleChael 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I wouldn't bet against Belfort. If anything, I would take those odds at +300. Waiting to see how he looks at weigh-ins as well.

PaperTrail07

All true but are you that impressed with Weidmans wins?
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Weidman doesn't get caught with that same head kick from Vitor..

If Machida couldn't land a good head kick on Weidman I highly doubt Vitor will.. Weidman can take a good punch or kick as well.. Never seen him get seriously rocked in a fight.. I see Weidman using his wrestling and outstanding Jits skills to win this fight.. CW won't be fighting backwards like Luke did either so I can see a good timed double coming.. Vitor tries those crazy head kicks again and CW gets the taken down..

Weidman is very confident in his standup though and could conceivably punk Vitor on the feet as well just like he did Machida... I do think he will try to go to the ground with Vitor though and not take chances, wear down the old man in this 5 rounder with ground and pound and submission attempts from the top position..... Vitor hasn't been tested on the ground in a very long while against a skill set like Weidman has shown.....

PaperTrail07

we are talking -490 here Jibbs....just not a 5:1 fav here...Vitor been fighting well...magically will show up in shape...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    All true but are you that impressed with Weidmans wins?
    Pretty impressed with Weidman.. Didn't like it when he started to get peppered by Machida in that 4th round.. He showed resolve though and it was the first time he went the 5 rounds.. I give it a free pass..

Weidman is tough Paper standing and especially rolling on the mat.. Has shown heart and chin also and is the UFC champion... Until he loses or shows a giant hole in his game I won't bet against the Jersey boy... I think those odds should have opened at -550 for Weidman to be honest..

You Vitor betters should wait til fight time to bet like Unwritten Law posted above.. Odds will probably only to continue to get better for Vitor as we grow closer to fight time.. Just a hunch though... I anticipate a +535 close out...... It's at+415 on 5Dimes now and if not mistaken that was a jump from the opening line? Line is going in only one direction thus far since opening anyways...

Current line -
    Sat 5/23 1101 Vitor Belfort +415 o2½ +105
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-18-15 at 10:10 PM.

PaperTrail07

I think we both agree that Weidman is very very good....but to say Belfort is not on his level is crazy....We just split on the win part...until he strings together impressive wins I'll fade at +385 ...Don't doubt TR VitOR....Jibbs ---500 betpoints bet... I say it never hits 500 on 5D.....?

PaperTrail07

Very true on the movement however---

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think we both agree that Weidman is very very good....but to say Belfort is not on his level is crazy....We just split on the win part...until he strings together impressive wins I'll fade at +385 ...Don't doubt TR VitOR....Jibbs ---500 betpoints bet... I say it never hits 500 on 5D.....?
    I don't want to take your bitch points Paper, I like ya too much ... Vitor is an MMA legend, fought the best, has KO power in his hands and feet, he certainly has a kickers/punchers chance always Paper..

Simple facts though - Vitor has lost 10 fights and was certainly beatable before and is certainly beatable now at age 38. His chin is not granite..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vitor-Belfort-156

I don't think you can improve as a MMA fighter nearing age 40 either when fighting for that long.. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks.. You drop off is what happens and become more like a one trick pony, and ya get lucky with the big KO wins and continue on with your MMA career.. Hense Dan Henderson.. Hendo won fights with that right hand of his in the end... Hendo was not winning fights with his overall MMA skill set.. Roy Nelson is in that same boat right now.. Vitor has his head kicks..

Belforts opponents lately are too worried about his hands and remembering all the KO punch highlights they watched so they forget to watch out for those sneaky head kicks.. It's been working so far for Vitor but fighters eventually catch on at the championship level..

We will see????? Most likely pathway to victory for Belfort anyways -
    Sat 5/23 1137 Belfort wins by TKO/KO +650

I just know Weidman is getting very comfortable taking out aging MMA legends lately.. Dethroned Anderson Silva twice, defended his belt against Machida.. I now see no reason why he can't ad Vitor to that hit list.. Vitor hasn't fought in a while either..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-18-15 at 10:51 PM.

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

If Weidman was fighting a for sure clean Belfort: -600, but like Paper said, it is Belfort . I have one of my biggest bets ever on Weidman, got most of it around -390, but I gotta admit, I'm getting a little nervous

PaperTrail07

haha thats why its fun to bet them...I dont care about em lol......all true jibbs just he fought silva at his worst...munoz....machida who is fading...rockhold just walked through him.....if Rockhold were fighting Weidman id be taking him too......I CANT WAIT FOR THESE FIGHTS..
    I don't want to take your bitch points Paper, I like ya too much ... Vitor is an MMA legend, fought the best, has KO power in his hands and feet, he certainly has a kickers/punchers chance always Paper..

Simple facts though - Vitor has lost 10 fights and was certainly beatable before and is certainly beatable now at age 38. His chin is not granite..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vitor-Belfort-156

I don't think you can improve as a MMA fighter nearing age 40 either when fighting for that long.. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks.. You drop off is what happens and become more like a one trick pony, and ya get lucky with the big KO wins and continue on with your MMA career.. Hense Dan Henderson.. Hendo won fights with that right hand of his in the end... Hendo was not winning fights with his overall MMA skill set.. Roy Nelson is in that same boat right now.. Vitor has his head kicks..

Belforts opponents lately are too worried about his hands and remembering all the KO punch highlights they watched so they forget to watch out for those sneaky head kicks.. It's been working so far for Vitor but fighters eventually catch on at the championship level..

We will see????? Most likely pathway to victory for Belfort anyways -
    Sat 5/23 1137 Belfort wins by TKO/KO +650

I just know Weidman is getting very comfortable taking out aging MMA legends lately.. Dethroned Anderson Silva twice, defended his belt against Machida.. I now see no reason why he can't ad Vitor to that hit list.. Vitor hasn't fought in a while either..

PaperTrail07

"I see Vitor winning in the in the first round or in the second, tops", Aldo told Portal do Vale Tudo. "Weidman is a great athlete, a really tough guy, you have to respect him. But Vitor is Vitor, he is a phenom. If he is given the chance, I know he will win this fight".-Jose Aldo..... Guess aldo agrees there is value here

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47416

line seems a bit high but I still think Weidman gets it done.

tebowned
    tebowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 423

"I see Vitor winning in the in the first round or in the second, tops", Aldo told Portal do Vale Tudo. "Weidman is a great athlete, a really tough guy, you have to respect him. But Vitor is Vitor, he is a phenom. If he is given the chance, I know he will win this fight".-Jose Aldo..... Guess aldo agrees there is value here
    If Rafael Natal was fighting Weidman, Aldo would pick him. Brazilian pride is strong. Seldom will a brazilian native pick a non-brazilian.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tebowned View Post
    If Rafael Natal was fighting Weidman, Aldo would pick him. Brazilian pride is strong. Seldom will a brazilian native pick a non-brazilian.
    Yep, Brazilian pride runs deep...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-19-15 at 12:07 PM.

PaperTrail07

not deep to the point of stupidity...but agree somewhat..
    Yep, Brazilian pride runs deep...

PaperTrail07

totally agree--BUUUT sometimes lines mean everything....-490 simply way too much to pay here...2K at $400...no thanks....I feel that Vitor will win round 1 without a doubt...and you always have rigged judges for help as well....-490 just not for me I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    line seems a bit high but I still think Weidman gets it done.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

If in Brazil.. Maybe.

Weidman should be able to get through the first couple rounds, then dominate.

If you're looking for Vitor, take the itd prop or even in TD 1 or 2.

Just my thoughts.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave BIGDAY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael

Fuk Chris Weidman and his Buster Douglas ass!

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

if you are intending on betting vitor take the ko prop because that's realisticly the only way he wins over weidman, or even vitor r1 or r2 because after that he'll be done.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Paper...youre not taking vitor at +385 ? Youre taking the KO props. Everybody knows vitor can KO everyone out, he has done that for 20 years! But hes not beating weidman for 5 rounds, that just aint happening buddy.

PaperTrail07

Agree....I Will be on that as Well as we know it his path to victory....but I could also see him winning via sub after a few shots....ect...as well
    Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Paper...youre not taking vitor at +385 ? Youre taking the KO props. Everybody knows vitor can KO everyone out, he has done that for 20 years! But hes not beating weidman for 5 rounds, that just aint happening buddy.

tebowned
    tebowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 423

Weidman easy. If bet him at -30000.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you're betting vitor, may as well go vitor by ko. No way does he sub or decision Weidman. Those won't happen...

PaperTrail07

It is being bet as well...but like the +385 by itself....unexpected shit happens all the time in mma....not saying it will here/or will it..but ive followed it almost my whole life...and I know that much is true...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    If you're betting vitor, may as well go vitor by ko. No way does he sub or decision Weidman. Those won't happen...

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is being bet as well...but like the +385 by itself....unexpected shit happens all the time in mma....not saying it will here/or will it..but ive followed it almost my whole life...and I know that much is true...
    Very true. Not even sure what the difference in price between the line and the prop. Regardless i don't see vitor winning, but its a bit over where i think the line should be set.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

UncleChael

Blackzilians all day!!

BELM0NT
    BELM0NT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Im going with Vitor also. I think Arlokski is a good underdog as well. He took out bigfoot when browne didnt.

12 Last