THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC 187: Johnson vs. Cormier (May 23, 2015)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson (for Light heavyweight title)
    Chris Weidman vs. Vitor Belfort (for Middleweight title)
    Donald Cerrone vs. John Makdessi
    Andrei Arlovski vs. Travis Browne
    Joseph Benavidez vs. John Moraga

FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET

John Dodson vs. Zach Makovsky
    Josh Burkman vs. Dong Hyun Kim
    Uriah Hall vs. Rafael Natal
    Nina Ansaroff vs. Rose Namajunas

UFC Fight Night, 6:30 p.m. E
    T
    Colby Covington vs. Mike Pyle
    Leo Kuntz vs. Islam Makhachev
    Josh Sampo vs. Justin Scoggins

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Rumble gonna take out DC just like Jon Jones just did.. Rumble has been unbeatable lately.. Just knocked out Gus which has never happened before.. Wouldn't be shocked if he did the same to DC...

Andrei Arlovski over Travis Browne at those odds.. Arlovski has been winning fights lately while fighting under Greg Jackson so I'm a little surprised to see him as such a big underdog even against a guy like Travis Browne..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andrei-Arlovski-270

Gonna roll with Chris Weidman as well over Vitor in a parlay probably..

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

anyone like orlovski value at +336?

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

What an awesome card!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by nanderson1134 View Post
    What an awesome card!
    Agreed.. We really have 2 main event UFC PPV caliber fights going down with this card in DC/Rumble and Weidman/Vitor!!! Should be a fun show to watch!!

Heck even Cowboy/Makadessi and OG Pitbull Arlovski/Travis Browne as well could probably be headliners in 2 more non pay per view UFC events IMO....

This main card is absolutely loaded for sure!!!!

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Really like Rumble to take DC out or at least completely dominate him. Was on him when he crushed Alexander and I'm expecting him to be just as vicious. If he does, there will be questions why he didn't fight more of his natural weight sooner. A few things Rumble has going for him to his advantage: age, height/reach, and minor/no injuries vs Gus, while DC took punishment from Bones.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

There's an outside chance Rumble could knock out DC but I expect the later to win easily.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Really like Rumble to take DC out or at least completely dominate him. Was on him when he crushed Alexander and I'm expecting him to be just as vicious. If he does, there will be questions why he didn't fight more of his natural weight sooner. A few things Rumble has going for him to his advantage: age, height/reach, and minor/no injuries vs Gus, while DC took punishment from Bones.
    As long as Rumble doesn't get wrestle humped by DC from start to finish I agree!!!

Unwritten Law

DC is strong but I don't think he will ragdoll Rumble like he did vs Hendo and Cummins. Takedowns? Maybe once but I think Rumble is unstoppable right now and he has dramatically improved his TDD. Could be a bad night for DC and I'm expecting him to get finished by monster strikes and hammer fists!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    DC is strong but I don't think he will ragdoll Rumble like he did vs Hendo and Cummins. Takedowns? Maybe once but I think Rumble is unstoppable right now and he has dramatically improved his TDD. Could be a bad night for DC and I'm expecting him to get finished by monster strikes and hammer fists!
    Agreed, Rumble showed improved TTD defense 3 fights ago against Phil Davis.. I don't remember Phil getting one take down in that fight.. He'll be trained up in the same way for DC one would think.....

Rumble is also quietly on a 9 fight win streak also.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Johnson-17662

tiberiusdush
    tiberiusdush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

slamming rumble...was on him his lst two and wont stop now. pretty sad we wont get to see rumble vs jones which would have been the most interesting fight in the last few years me tinks. not sure who i would have bet on

Unwritten Law

Hope Rumble stays at plus odds. I'm taking him but not pulling the trigger until closer to fight time or after weigh-ins. I didn't notice it's already been a streak of 9. Inevitable Jones was going to find a way to hide and avoid Rumble at all cost.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

DC has never been finished, went the distance with JJ.. Kinda eyeballing this prop below but haven't hit it yet as I think DC could get dropped.. Just not sure yet? On Rumble for sure though regardless..

1007 Johnson wins by 5 round decision +600

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

All in on Rumble Johnson, Chris Weidman and Joseph Benevidez...

Gonna go small on Andrea Arlovski even though I think he will probably get dropped in this one. Travis Browne has the reach and power in his punches to stop Arlovski's win streak that's sure though.. Betting with my heart and not my mind with OG pitbull going into this one... Big fan and hope Greg Jackson finds a way to coach AA up for a win once again..

Gonna have to go with Cowboy Cerrone as well.. Guy just keeps fighting and winning and it's impossible to bet against him right now in my mind..

BEST CARD OF THE YEAR!!!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-16-15 at 03:52 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tiberiusdush

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

I believe Chris Weidman is the paper champ until I see him beat Belfort!!! I believe he got lucky twice with Silva and Belfort won't play around with him. 1st round is all Vitor Belfort.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    I believe Chris Weidman is the paper champ until I see him beat Belfort!!! I believe he got lucky twice with Silva and Belfort won't play around with him. 1st round is all Vitor Belfort.
    Me tinks the opposite Unc..

Weidman probably isn't gonna play around with Vitor standing much early on, my guess is he's gonna shoot and take Vitor down and probably sub him out at some point.. I think Chris Weidman is gonna dominate Vitor on the ground.. Weidman will probably do ok standing as well against Vitor if he so chooses do so as well.. Weidman is better in every area...

Vitor hasn't been coming out guns a blazing in fights lately like in the old days and he's not gonna be on PED's this go around either.. Chris Weidman is in his MMA prime and is the champ and Vitor is past his prime simply put...

Weidman ITD at -190 for me in this 5 rounder.....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-16-15 at 07:39 PM.

UncleChael

He is definitely not passed his prime.. Lol. What did he do to Hendo and Rockhold in the 1st? TRT or not, he still kicked Rockhold in the head.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Agreed, Rumble showed improved TTD defense 3 fights ago against Phil Davis.. I don't remember Phil getting one take down in that fight.. He'll be trained up in the same way for DC one would think.....

Rumble is also quietly on a 9 fight win streak also.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Johnson-17662
    I certainly wouldn't do any mma math with phil davis. He is a black brock lesnar, his only goal that fight after the first exchange was not to get KOed similar rashad fight. Very talented athlete but clearly not a fighter.

Great thing about betting on phil tho is right away you can tell when he has given up in the fight, clear as day.
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-16-15 at 05:22 PM.

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

Belfort will look nothing like those 3 previous fights. Weidman via 1st round tko

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

He is definitely not passed his prime.. Lol. What did he do to Hendo and Rockhold in the 1st? TRT or not, he still kicked Rockhold in the head.
    At age 38 I'd say Vitor is past his MMA prime with all due respect.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vitor-Belfort-156

Luke Rockhold got clipped by a wheel hook kick that surprised him when he was backing up and not being aggressive.. Luke beats him if they fight again..Hendo was also old and done when he fought Vitor in his last fight..

Unc becareful betting on the MMA legend in Vitor because he's old and off the juice.. Weidman has been knocking legends out of the box lately and making them look silly.. Weidman is the UFC champ, undefeated and a scary dude right now... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chris-Weidman-42804 Until he gets beat I won't bet against him... Even changed my avatar picture out of respect for his skill set... Dude is very solid standing and or on the ground!!!!

Is he my favorite fighter in the UFC no...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-17-15 at 01:03 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I certainly wouldn't do any mma math with phil davis. He is a black brock lesnar, his only goal that fight after the first exchange was not to get KOed similar rashad fight. Very talented athlete but clearly not a fighter.

Great thing about betting on phil tho is right away you can tell when he has given up in the fight, clear as day.
    True that Brooks, but DC is shorter and not as athletic as Phil Davis and Rumble made Phil look stupid in the cage.. I expect DC to represent much better then Phil Davis but will that be enough to beat down Rumble I think not... Rumble is killing it right now and dialed in, probably in his MMA prime at age 31.... Rumble has beaten strong wrestlers in the past like in Jake Rosholt also..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Johnson-17662

Honestly I think DC should go back up to HW and fight the bigger slower fighters where he could possibly win a UFC title belt. These top 205'ers are too quick and long for him IMO, don't see DC getting the belt at 205 ever..... Jon Jones punked DC and even out wrestled him...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-16-15 at 06:35 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Im leaning Weidman, I think Vitor will suffer the same fate as Hendo without TRT. Maybe Vitor keeps a constant punching-attack for a round or 2 but Weidman will take him down when Vitor wears down.

UncleChael

I love it!!! WEIDMAN to the Moon!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I just can't wait for a Luke Rockhold vs Chris Weidman match up to go down!!!..

I think those 2 dudes are almost mirrored clones of each other. Luke maybe being more physical and athletic but Weidman slightly more skilled and technical standing and or on the ground.. Love to see that fight go down in the future!!!

I'd still lean towards Chris Weidman though...

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

Weidman will most likely be undervalued in all of his future fights. I look forward to him vs Luke so we can probably get Weidman -250. He's not losing for a long time, so just ride the money train.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Heyeverybody99 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Unwritten Law

So nobody really giving Vitor any chance? Regardless of the outcome of next week, I also would like to see Rockhold vs Weidman. So similar I would probably just take the underdog especially if you're getting incredible value.

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

vitor cant fight without trt. he ****** his endo system from juicing at a far too young age. look at him fighting when he was 19, he was smashing the gas hard back then

GR33D

a mere shadow of his former juicy glory

BSMFhnU.jpg
    Last edited by GR33D; 05-17-15 at 05:39 AM.

GR33D

after going through his record and seeing when laws governing the use of steroids changed, i have predicted that if they had not changed the laws and there was still steroid abuse rife in his career that his record would be at 30-4, i have also gone ahead and tried to replicate what he may of looked like today without the laws..

BSMFhnUsds.jpg
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave GR33D 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Well, we all saw what happen with Antonio Bigfoot Silva when going off the TRT.. Dude couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag and his jaw became glass almost over night once off the juice... His body looked wasted and his movements became slow.. Basically a shell of the fighter he use to be on the TRT drug..

Don't think the drop off will be as drastic for Vitor, but coming off TRT at age 38 and now fighting for the UFC championship against a guy like CW is certainly a receipt for disaster for the former Pride legend.....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-17-15 at 04:59 PM.

tebowned
    tebowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 423

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ Well we all saw what happen with Antonio Bigfoot Silva when going off the TRT.. Dude couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag and his jaw became glass almost over night once off the juice... His body looked wasted and his movements became slow.. Basically a shell of the fighter he use to be on the TRT drug..

Don't think the drop off will be as drastic for Vitor, but coming off TRT at age 38 and now fighting for the UFC championship against a guy like CW is certainly a receipt for disaster for the former Pride legend.....

Good points after TRT usage you see a huge drop in performance.

snapperman2
    Keep bothering on
    snapperman2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16306

If you want to know what the Johnson vs. Cormier fight is going to look like, just watch Anthony Johnson's fight vs. Josh Koschek again.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by snapperman2 View Post
    If you want to know what the Johnson vs. Cormier fight is going to look like, just watch Anthony Johnson's fight vs. Josh Koschek again.
    That fight took place over 6 years ago.....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Koscheck-9418..... and I believe it was at 170 when Rumble was ruined by weight cuts and fighting dehydrated and anorexic basically.. That was when his head was a mess and when he was not fully trained up in the sport to face wrestlers at 25 years of age.. Koscheck was relevant back then and still had his mojo going as well..

Since then Rumble is a different fighter today as he has made leaps and bounds in his skill set, training and ability to destroy people in the cage at his nature weight of 205 since then...

DC does hold a wrestling advantage though for sure but I'm not so sure he'll be able to utilize it like the DC fans think he will in this fight.... Rumble is solid these days with solid take down defense.... 9 fight win streak and counting for Rumble...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-17-15 at 04:53 PM.

UncleChael

Blackzilian's all day! I'm calling it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Blackzilian's all day! I'm calling it.
    Rumble's take on the fight ..http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...than-jon-jones

He certainly respects DC's punching power and claims this is a harder fight for him because Jon Jones didn't pack knock out punching power like DC does.. He doesn't seem to concerned about DC's wrestling in this BR interview though..

Should be a good fight as DC is certainly going to be a challenge for Rumble after coming off a loss.. I'm fired up to see this fight go down!!!! Black on black crime for sure about to go down...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-17-15 at 06:06 PM.

1234 ... Last