Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Aldo by UD.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Were u here when he slammed everyone's opinion because "he rolled"? He had knowledge unlike others because he participated in a few ju jitz practices? I think he lost that fight in question also lol. The guy makes u want to see Conner win.
    I remember having a hearty laugh at that yes. He got slammed by everyone on here for a while afterwards. Maybe we should go back to that. Mr. roll guy.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I think Aldo takes it but I don't think it's worth betting on. I think the rory/Lawler match up looks like a better spot.

Anyways if Edgar couldn't beat Aldo on the feet i don't think Connor can, and Edgar is the best boxer in the division.

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    I think Aldo takes it but I don't think it's worth betting on. I think the rory/Lawler match up looks like a better spot.

Anyways if Edgar couldn't beat Aldo on the feet i don't think Connor can, and Edgar is the best boxer in the division.
    Good thing this isn't a boxing match, pally. Conor has the best standup in the division, is more powerful than Edgar, and is longer and rangier. This is mixed martial arts not boxing. All hail king Conor new ufc champ. Beautiful ting.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LFC1892, and Heyeverybody99

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

How are people betting on Aldo? McGregor will be the easiest money of all time.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Colin to the moon!!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

just watch conor vs holloway and you'll see

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    McGregor has the best distance control of just about anyone
    he's a white belt in movement...his own words.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

LOL. Did Conor steal his entire image from this Canadian model?

Normally I would say that the look is just coincidental until you see that Conor got a tiger tattooed on his stomach after this guy did.

Giants007
    Giants007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Conor will beat Aldo

Heyeverybody99
    Heyeverybody99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3245

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    LOL. Did Conor steal his entire image from this Canadian model?

Normally I would say that the look is just coincidental until you see that Conor got a tiger tattooed on his stomach after this guy did.

Wow

astrobloke
    astrobloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1642

wow this thread escalated fast.

Sykes
    Sykes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Fak voted for Aldo by mistake. I'm on Conor, gonna be in Brazil with a family n my Irish flag

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

COLIN won't even be able to walk after this fight! + ALL IN RED KING!!!!!!!!!! *MIC DROP*

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

the angle i'd like you sharp cats to address is the business of the very fact that McGregor's a southpaw somehow instantly nullifies much of Aldo's wickedly-elite kicking game...

my wiki-ing/sherdogging aren't up to breaking down aldo's past between righties and lefties...he must have gone up against a few half-assed lefties to this point, i'd guess, but don't know...were his kicks noticeably less effective in those matchups?...i can't picture someone able to hamburger-ize a top-tier guy like Faber would somehow not be able to not inflict much damage to a similarly-skilled but opposite-limbed opponent.

Some modifications will obviously be required of (and addressed) by Aldo in preparation for the lefty Conor...his fighting stance will take away some of the damage from Aldo's kicking ...BUT Conor's lack of a TD threat will be a big plus to many other aspects of his striking...if Aldo could deal with both Edgar's and Mendes' TD threats (which put a serious cramp in anyone's striking style...) how's Conor gonna fare without having that threat/distraction on his side?...

in sum, the "negligible TD threat" is as much a big plus for Aldo's overall-striking game as the "harder to kick a lefty" is a minus

I expect a barnburner. The fact that Conor has NOT yet ever tasted a round 4 in his life may end up THE factor in the fight (just as it was for Thatch v. Bendo...and Conor's physical advantage in this fight is a fraction of what Thatch enjoyed)...in a 5-rounder, a competitor's dominance of all to that point (meaning they never needed to go deep) is actually a large and increasingly-important detriment as a fight wears on..."what do I have to do to get this guy out of there?" anxiety like what hit Thatch after 3, and knowing he was way ahead on the scorecards but that it doesn't mean shit when you're waning and your opponent who's done this dance many times before is surging.

If McG looks across the mat and sees Aldo still bipedal on the other side and it's R4, it largely won't matter to me how the fight's gone to that point. He may have wilted a bit against energizer-bunny Edgar, but wasn't guilty of that in Mendes 2. He's been there, done that, and learned from it...

McG will almost surely have a formidable early storm...for his sake it better be able to end the fight before R4 starts...Aldo's the last guy you want to go into uncharted "cardio and heart" waters with...if this guy had already "cut his teeth" successfully even once with a multi-rounder against either Edgar, Mendes or a reasonable facsimile thereof (which Aldo has done THREE times)...i'd believe all the McGregoganda

(btw, Denis Siver is not a reasonable facsimile, but if Conor had even someone of Kawajiri's smothering calibre on his resume, it'd go a long way to lessen suspicions that Conor's hype-$ wad is intentionally being blown here against Aldo...in order to not burst his carefully-constructed invincibility bubble prematurely by getting fitched in a qualifying fight)...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 06-20-15 at 08:23 PM.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Aldo being pressurized to fight (unnecessarily with Mendes stoked to stand-in)...

smells like "story-arc fish" dinner being prepared for the doltish masses...

1) fractious heel McG wins tainted fight with "rib issue" obviously crucial
    2) stoke flames for rematch
    3) lather, repeat=2x$ for the company
    Last edited by fitguy67; 06-24-15 at 10:07 PM.

First 123