jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pacquiao claims he fought With Bad shoulder

Manny Pacquiao wasn't the busier fighter Saturday when he lost a 12-round unanimous decision to Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the MGM Grand Garden.

According to the fighter, his trainer and his promoter, there was a logical explanation as to why he didn't throw as many punches as expected -- Pacquiao fought Mayweather with one arm.

Pacquiao had an injured right shoulder dating to April, and to treat it, he had been using an anti-inflammatory to deal with the pain. The drug lidocaine was approved for use by the United States Anti-Doping Agency, as were the drugs bupivocaine and celesone.

But when Pacquiao wanted to get a shot before he entered the ring Saturday, he was not allowed to be administered the medicine because the Nevada Athletic Commission refused to approve it.

"I couldn't use my right hand," Pacquiao said. "Two weeks before the fight, my shoulder was getting better. It wasn't 100 percent, but it was good enough."

His trainer, Freddie Roach, said they thought about postponing the fight. But they were able to train through it.

"We missed a couple of days," Roach said. "But we saw it was getting better, so we felt we could go forward, continue to train and keep the date for the fight.

"But he obviously wasn't himself. He couldn't throw the right hook."

According to Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, who is Pacquiao's promoter, the paperwork that the fighter had sent to the commission on Friday indicated he had no injury. And because of that, the commission elected not to allow Pacquiao to receive a shot in his locker room before entering the ring Saturday.

"The commission was well aware he had a shoulder injury, no matter what the paperwork says," Arum said.

NAC chairman Francisco Aguilar begs to differ.

"I found out about the issue just after 6 (p.m.)," he said. "They never filed any legal paperwork with the commission prior to the fight that he was hurt.

We had Dr. (Timothy) Trainor and Dr. (James) Game check him out, and it was an easy decision on our part.

"Every fighter is given a prefight medical form to fill out. He disclosed the medications, but he didn't disclose any injury. That's why we denied his request."

Aguilar said the scene outside Pacquiao's dressing room over the issue was contentious.

"That's a good word to describe it," he said. "I need proof that an injury exists, and I had no proof. It's our job to keep the integrity of the sport."

Said Arum: "You saw Manny threw punches with his left hand only. That's not Manny Pacquiao. He fought (Mayweather) with one hand. He didn't throw one right hook."

But even though he acknowledged he wasn't in optimum condition, Pacquiao didn't want to make excuses.

"I did my best, but my best wasn't good enough," he said.

Las Vegas Review Journal

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Lol just give it up pacman

jjgold

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

This is no fight, shit show

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Story concocted by Arum. How many times do we have to listen to people start by saying they have no excuse for what happened and then use one? Fight went as expected. Floyd was the bigger, stronger, faster and smarter guy in the ring. If the fight happened 5 years ago it would have been same result. If Pac had 3 good arms it would have been same result. Take your check, shut up and move on. Floyd is the best boxer of his era. End of story.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave Grits n' Gravy 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq, KingofKings, and aston

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Lets pay for a rematch guys, Pac deserves to fight with two goid shouldets. I believe him, rematxh wilk be the biggest possibly most exciting fight ever. That wasnt the real Pac its obvious, Im in.

jjgold

There will be no rematch

It looks like nobody can beat Floyd so now what?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There will be no rematch

there are two other welterweight belt holders. Floyd could fight them both
    with the opportunity to unify the belt and retire at 50-0 (one more than Marciano)
    but that is what a true champion would try to accomplish.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    there are two other welterweight belt holders. Floyd could fight them both
    with the opportunity to unify the belt and retire at 50-0 (one more than Marciano)
    but that is what a true champion would try to accomplish.
    Nobody cares anything about a belt except guys who've never had them, its just a talking point and leverage in boxing.

KalouKalou
    KalouKalou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

I want a rematch so bad, it's free money guys

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

BS if it hurts that bad don't fight. If he won I doubt we hear about a bad shoulder.

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

again, Manny Pacquiao is a nobody that only squares hold in high regard. it's been hilarious over the years to hear these people protest about how great he is, yet he's never won anything important and has been humiliated every time he's faced a decent opponent.

he's literally boxing's equivalent of the Oregon Ducks football program.

you would've had to been a complete dummy not to have made a fortune betting on Mayweather over the last 5 years. yet, we still hear the same squares cry after each of his matches. their tears could fill a bathtub.

jjgold

Do you guys think Pacquiao is one of the most overrated fighters of our generation?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Do you guys think Pacquiao is one of the most overrated fighters of our generation?
    Not at all. He was an all time great until about 2012. Beat the best in his classes. Never had a chance against Floyd from the get. Arum knew this and waited until Manny's earning potential as A side was on decline before making a last big cash grab. Arum alone held this fight up for years and we all saw why last night. His man isn't at Floyd's level.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Not at all. He was an all time great until about 2012. Beat the best in his classes. Never had a chance against Floyd from the get. Arum knew this and waited until Manny's earning potential as A side was on decline before making a last big cash grab. Arum alone held this fight up for years and we all saw why last night. His man isn't at Floyd's level.
    I wonder if he will fight again??

I am not a not a boxing expert but it would of been great to see guys like Leonard, Hagler, Duran, Hearns go against Floyd

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Well kinda sounds like you. You are the most overrated poster of our generation.

jjgold

Paver watch your remarks I might be the most dominant poster of all times and as an NHL moderator I can give you an infraction it anytime I want but since your Greek I will not
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave jjgold 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

u would think all these Floyd nut huggers (and i bet Floyd) might get his nuts out of their mouths acting like this was some dominate performance. He beat a guy most likely with a banged up shoulder and a foot smaller and ran the entire fight doing it even hearing his own father in round three say he was fighting scared. Wow your dad say's u are fighting scared and the nut huggers making Floyd sound like he knocked his opponent out in the first round. Probably the first time in my career i didnt care if i lost a bet i placed. Sounds like Pacman was all busted up with these guys. Guy doesn't have a scratch on his body. Fight was a joke and the Floyd nut swingers are as pathetic as the fight.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

There will be no rematch

amir khan

guy is the fastest boxer out there but cannot take a punch his only problem, but worth a shot you never know he could give floyd a run for his money with his explosive style, but its never going happen floyd will pussy out he has one last fight then thats it

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy View Post
    amir khan

guy is the fastest boxer out there but cannot take a punch his only problem, but worth a shot you never know he could give floyd a run for his money with his explosive style, but its never going happen floyd will pussy out he has one last fight then thats it
    Please guys no more Amir Khan talk okay. Floyd even knows he can knock him out and floyd doesn't knock out anyone. Amir Khan for Christ sakes.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

That would explains why he didn't throw as many flurry of punches as he normal does. He had Mayweather on ropes a few times with a flurry of punches and then he just stops. I never seen him do that before.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Please guys no more Amir Khan talk okay. Floyd even knows he can knock him out and floyd doesn't knock out anyone. Amir Khan for Christ sakes.
    i didnt deny that like i said in my earlier post thats his problem but out there at the moment there isn't anyone faster than amir khan and this is the reason floyd won't fight him

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

is there really no re-match ?

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    is there really no re-match ?
    Bear its over

no market for it after this fight

Thor4140

Mosley and Holyfield both think Pacman won the fight. So easy to just sit there and have almost no offense and sitting there just blocking punches like u are some defensive wizzard. I had it 3-3 going into the sixth and stop judging it. There is a case to give it to the guy who if he wanted to sit in the middle of the ring there would have been no fight.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Bear its over

no market for it after this fight
    i cant believe there is no re-match

so if Pac man had won there would have been a rematch but not the other way around ???

seems too one sided

also why Mayweather get 200 million and Pac man only get 100 million?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

If there ever is a rematch I will be betting again on Floyd Fairyweather to win again by decision but next go around I won't watch.. I hope it happens

Who doesn't like winning money?

Neither could ever knock each other out and Pac shoulder injury or not will never be quick enough to out box Floyd.. Law of physics say so....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Mayweather should box Tyson now

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

jjgold

Tyson is my favorite sport athlete of all times there is no one even close to this guy as he's the most interesting character we've ever seen

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Boxing isn't as competitive as it used to be. I would've to have love to seen Pernell Whitaker or J.C. Chavez of the 80's and 90's take on Mayweather. Whitaker would've won.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I wonder if he will fight again??

I am not a not a boxing expert but it would of been great to see guys like Leonard, Hagler, Duran, Hearns go against Floyd
    Nobody can beat a guy that doesn't fight... He's always going to turtle and run.. It's not boxing and it ain't fighting.. It's called being a pussy.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Cool story bro.... However, He's smart because he wants to make that money again for the second fight. Pacman had the audacity to say, " i think i won that fight"

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Boxing isn't as competitive as it used to be. I would've to have love to seen Pernell Whitaker or J.C. Chavez of the 80's and 90's take on Mayweather. Whitaker would've won.
    Pernell Whitaker in his prime would for sure give Floyd a run for his money.. That I would watch just to see who could out box each other...

12 Last