jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Its prizefighting you fight to win its a sport not about machismo, about hitting and not getting hit. Its about winning making money and coming out unscathed, Ali fought just like Floyd until he couldnt anymore when he didnt have the legs to. Its not about pleasing fans if they are pleased then great, but no fan takes a punch. It disgusts me when people complain about not seeing a guy get hit in the head, get in the ring yourself and show us how its done. Or watch mma. Alot of other fighters who are more aggressive to watch if thats a must no reason to complain about one fighters style. I see no point to appease fans and take unnecessary risk when you can win and not have to kill yourself. Rare to see an ex fighter who isnt affected from boxing most are and at what cost. If other fighters could do what Floyd does and win and make tons of money they would be fighting the same exact way.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-03-15 at 11:00 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: texhooper

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Easy money betting on Floyd wins by decision at +115.. That was the logical play with this fight.. I won money on that and was still bored as hell watching that patty cake boxing match go down. I had a hard time paying attention to the middle rounds...

Rather watch MMA or even K1 all day long... This comes from a former boxing fan that loved watching Mike Tyson dominate the HW division, Evander Holyfield gutting out fights with heart, etc.. No Mas with Roberto Duran and the toughness of Marvin Hagler showing up in the ring fight to fight.. Those were the good old days of boxing in my opinion...

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    wait until the PPv numbers come out I was driving through LA to get to a viewing party you could see the flat screens watching the undercard....EVERYBODY was watching that shit..
    i know exactly what u mean those were the days when events like this happened way more often, even movie releases sometimes in LA were huge. now shit is so watered down times like this are pretty much over

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Now I hear Arum saying Mannys right shoulder was hirt and he coiuldnt get an anti-inflammatory shot before the fight

good shit

Could they actually sell this fight again? Are people that stupid?

Probably so

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    It will surpass the Oscar fight this will be record PPV I know Homie hates that. Even if it doesnt reach 2.6 mil itll still break record for POV money since it was $100.
    easly the highest ppv revenue of all time...its most likely going to be the most ordered ppv event of all time I went from west LA through EAST LA to Downey you could see through peoples open windows and open doors EVERYBODY was watching it.

CWD
    Update your status

does he have balls to fight khan or GGG in his "last fight" ?
    Last edited by CWD; 05-03-15 at 11:38 AM.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

Yes if you want to watch an exciting fighter tune in to Gennady Golovkin vs Willie Monroe jr on May 16

GGG is the man

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Just found out my buddy paid $6,500 for the fight.

WTF were you thinking? Wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    My brother in law paid $3,500 x 2 for tickets to the fight. It's not about the actual fight. It's about the pageantry and the sights. You'll never, ever see so many stars in one place outside the Oscars. Then add in all the wild, crazy shit and it is a spectacle you will never forget. I use to go to all the Tyson fights and they were all incredible even if it lasted 90 seconds. The woman were unreal. Just looking at the outlandish outfits was worth the trip. No easier place to pull a girl than Vegas on fight night.
    I agree. It's all about the sights that you never see. But he didn't go anywhere. He purchased the commercial license for his business. And I believe they charge you for the "fire code" of the building. The seating capacity. I don't think he even brought in anything close to that? Maybe broke even? He didn't sound to happy over the phone.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    GG is a middleweight, Khan is a waste of time but he may fight Khan, Id say for 50th fight but maybe next never know.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-03-15 at 12:04 PM.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

lol clowns that still defend this travesty. after any match of this caliber, first thing that's asked in the post fight interview is "will there be a rematch"? but never once was this asked by max kellerman or the other guy. plus neither mayweather's camp or pacquiao's camp mentioned anything about a rematch.

the reason being, they knew no one's gonna pay big money for the bullshit show they put up. it was a once in a lifetime swindle. both camps knew it. in poker terms, it's called hit and run. but by doing so, there will never be another super fight. these two literally destroyed boxing forever.

boxing is dying, this even could've saved boxing but instead, it left sour tastes in 99% of the people's mouths.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This was the last big fight that all celebrities will attend we finally have seen the end of boxing in the mainstream

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Nope dont like mma, but my dad boxed locally and I boxed in PAL for two years, Ive followed it all my life and seriously considered doing it at one point in late teens.
    I used to box as well, Jtoler.. But for 150-60 mill, you should be able to finesse a match with a worthy opponent and show everyone who's king of that world, mayweather has never done this, pure defense, and speedy jabs, I've watched two of his last fights and it was a waste of time, like one said earlier I'd watch Friday night boxing for free before I spend a hundo on this all week every week... Didn't even watch the fight, because I knew what was coming, and by the post here, it's exactly what I figured it was going to be, boring waste of time, with everyone a hundred bones lighter... Robbery ... Highway robbery

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    I used to box as well, Jtoler.. But for 150-60 mill, you should be able to finesse a match with a worthy opponent and show everyone who's king of that world, mayweather has never done this, pure defense, and speedy jabs, I've watched two of his last fights and it was a waste of time, like one said earlier I'd watch Friday night boxing for free before I spend a hundo on this all week every week... Didn't even watch the fight, because I knew what was coming, and by the post here, it's exactly what I figured it was going to be, boring waste of time, with everyone a hundred bones lighter... Robbery ... Highway robbery
    I hear ya bro but people are complaining as if they never saw Floyd fight before you know his style and stayed away but nobody should be shocked by what they saw unless they were expecting more from Pacquiao.

CWD
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    My brother in law paid $3,500 x 2 for tickets to the fight. It's not about the actual fight. It's about the pageantry and the sights. You'll never, ever see so many stars in one place outside the Oscars. Then add in all the wild, crazy shit and it is a spectacle you will never forget. I use to go to all the Tyson fights and they were all incredible even if it lasted 90 seconds. The woman were unreal. Just looking at the outlandish outfits was worth the trip. No easier place to pull a girl than Vegas on fight night.
    the sights are outside the arena unless u just want to tell people u went to the fight

even a retard can pull a girl on a tuesday morning in vegas u dont need a fight night

The Kraken

I hear ya bro but people are complaining as if they never saw Floyd fight before you know his style and stayed away but nobody should be shocked by what they saw unless they were expecting more from Pacquiao.
    Certainly truth to this. Floyd did Floyd. It was Manny that didn't deliver.

Floyd is not an exciting boxer by any means. Never has been and shouldn't have been expected to be one last night. But people like excitement and nothing wrong with that. People like close, back and forth matches regardless of the sport. That's what gets arenas and stadiums rocking.

Floyd will never be the boxer to provide that kind of excitement or environment. He's a boxing purists wet-dream. He's like the SA Spurs. Defense and fundamentals. Boring but ultra effective.

I appreciate the science of boxing. It really is amazing and wonderful. The further you get into it the more there is to appreciate. But the sweet science? The REAL sweet science, that's what the promoters do. That's getting fighters almost $200,000,000 for that kind of fight. That's getting the masses to dole out $100 for 36 minutes of what turns out to be little more than a sparring session.

Now that is fukking impressive.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

also i feel bad for michael buffer. he's losing his voice.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    khan maybe but I think ...I know Floyd is smart enough to avoid GGG to close to the finish line not that money cant dec him just the risk is too great.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Yea, everyone should've known what was coming for sure, but just can't imagine people paying for that. How someone can cover up in the ring like that and call themselves the best in the world, it's ridiculous. Anyone can play hide and seek in the ring for 12 rounds ...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Mayweather is a top 15 tight fighter of all time but nothing more maybe top 10

teaserpleaser

rematch pac man again it will sell what if it does half the revenue still scrooge mcduck money and he'll beat manny going away in a rematch Floyd would probably be -750 in a rematch but the Filipinos would still buy and bet manny they love him. Easy money for money.

The Kraken

rematch pac man again it will sell what if it does half the revenue still scrooge mcduck money and he'll beat manny going away in a rematch Floyd would probably be -750 in a rematch but the Filipinos would still buy and bet manny they love him. Easy money for money.
    Absolutely. Especially if Manny's right shoulder is healed by then

This was the best betting opportunity for a match or event this big that I can remember in my lifetime.

Floyd and the decision were never in doubt and everyone knew it before the fight. It was just about getting the best line.

teaserpleaser

must be nice being the one star for a whole country...donaire is cool but c'mon.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Absolutely. Especially if Manny's right shoulder is healed by then

This was the best betting opportunity for a match or event this big that I can remember in my lifetime.

Floyd and the decision were never in doubt and everyone knew it before the fight. It was just about getting the best line.
    Filipinos bet Floyd down to -160 early on ....never to be seen again even -200 was stealing as well nobody can outpoint floyd

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    lol clowns that still defend this travesty. after any match of this caliber, first thing that's asked in the post fight interview is "will there be a rematch"? but never once was this asked by max kellerman or the other guy. plus neither mayweather's camp or pacquiao's camp mentioned anything about a rematch.

the reason being, they knew no one's gonna pay big money for the bullshit show they put up. it was a once in a lifetime swindle. both camps knew it. in poker terms, it's called hit and run. but by doing so, there will never be another super fight. these two literally destroyed boxing forever.

boxing is dying, this even could've saved boxing but instead, it left sour tastes in 99% of the people's mouths.
    Exactly. This fight ws huge because of all the casual fans tuning in. Now they realize the state of boxing, they probably won't come back.

Meanwhile, Mayweather and Manny knew they were just there for a huge payday. Neither fighter even had a scratch on them.

I laugh when I hear people say they "enjoyed" the fight BC they got to watch footwork....wtf.

That's like going to watch Barry Bonds hit in his prime and saying, yeah, he walked four times but I really enjoyed watching the eye he had at the plate.

People want to see someone get knocked out. They want to see action. They thought Floyd might lose. That's what people paid for.

I knew he fought like this and the fight would be boring. That's why I elected not to watch the crap. It was more a celebrity event anyway as opposed to a boxing match.

Most boxing people said they fight was boring....

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think Mayweather is a top 15 tight fighter of all time but nothing more maybe top 10
    Maybe around 15-20 when all said and done, just doesnt have the prime opponents on resume no matter his skill, names mean nothing if they werent prime.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3445

funny part is as bad as I knew the fight was going to be. It was better then I expected.

The Kraken

Filipinos bet Floyd down to -160 early on ....never to be seen again even -200 was stealing as well nobody can outpoint floyd
    I hit Floyd for -480 in the betpoints book when they were offering Paq 4-1

I honestly don't think I could've bet Paq until he was +750 nor quit betting Floyd until he was -1000.

I had more bets on the fight last than I've ever laid on one event in my entire life, Tony's not gonna like me today.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

de la hoya or mosley in their primes could've beat mayweather.

heck, if this fight was 5 years ago, pacquiao would've beat mayweather.

pacquiao was overly cautious last night probably due to the ko vs marquez.

but who gives a shit if you're getting paid 100 mil? 100 mil in the philippines is more like a billion. he can just retire and buy couple islands. shit, he could probably run for the president in a few years...

The Kraken

Completely off topic, maybe I'll start a thread about this closer to his next fight (assuming it's his last)

But I'm curious if in his last fight, will Floyd still do Floyd. Will he put on the same performance he did last night knowing he'll never again step in the ring? Simply secure a 49-0 or 50-0 record and move on.

or will he open it up offensively and try to go out with TKO/KO.

teaserpleaser

de la hoya couldn't beat Floyd if you gave him BIG Floyd in his prime to get him ready ...you have to be fast twitch to trouble Floyd see the mosley and Judah fights... Oscar isn't fast enough.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

watch that fight again, de la hoya was washed up long before they met and he still gave him a fight. judah's another guy that gave mayweather some trouble but he ran out of gas real fast.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Floyd didnt beat Luis Castillo in their first fight. Boxing is too rigged now, there is no credibility

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

The big draw to an event like this is the "unexpected". We all know what we should expect out of a Mayweather fight but after all the promoting, pomp and circumstance, we end up unsure what will actually happen once they ring the bell. I heard so many different experts comment before the fight on what would happen. I heard one say that there would be bloody carnage with body parts across the ring. WTF? When have you seen carnage in a Mayweather fight? Another said Mayweather was going to come out fast and go for the quick knockout. When has Mayweather ever come out fast? Right up to fight time, 70% of the fans was convinced that Pacman would win the fight. People just knew that it would be different because Manny would force Mayweather to finally fight? Even though a great up and coming Canelo Alvarez couldn't even touch Mayweather. People were betting up Pacman out the roof. The books cleaned up last night.

Mayweather is a boring watch. Always has been. He never gets hit. He's a defensive specialist and he doesn't have a heavy fist. So he can't get hit and he can't hurt anyone. He doesn't box to please fans. He boxes to win and save his body long after boxing. People complain about his style but no boxer has been able to get him out of that style and create a brawl. Think about it. In 48 fights, no one has been able to touch him. No one has been able create enough tension to put him in bad situations. People that don't understand fighting say he's running around in the ring. But he doesn't. He fights off the ropes more than any other boxer I can remember. His skill against the ropes is uncanny. You would think one guy would finally get a good shot on him but no one has. Mayweather has a gift but people don't want to see it because he's such an asshole.

But he's a brilliant villain. More people hate him than love him and for that, they are willing to pay money to hopefully see him get his ass kick. Can you imagine the elation people will have seeing Mayweather get "Buster Douglas'd"? People want Mayweather to get hurt. People want to see him bloodied. People want to see him go through adversity. And when he doesn't, it pisses people off even more.

Roy Jones was the same way. A very boring watch because he would beat everyone decisively. Roy's fight were always poor attendance because of his style as well. He never came close to the big pay days he deserved because he wasn't a crowd pleaser and he was never a villain.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    watch that fight again, de la hoya was washed up long before they met and he still gave him a fight. judah's another guy that gave mayweather some trouble but he ran out of gas real fast.
    mosley did well too but its been almost a decade since I seen that fight it was close dec but I didn't have Floyd in danger of losing pops had de la hoya moving like a brotha and not that robotic Mexican style I remember that.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Here is Mayweathers strategy for success

choosing opponent who is not in their prime
    tie up when close (hug)
    use the reach and keep distance (run)
    use your speed (he is quick)
    punch once or twice, then repeat

win on the score card

and you have to admit he has done this well. You really do have to give him credit as the best "strategic" boxer of all time. He created himself to be not liked so everyone will pay to see him lose. Regardless of having more enemies then fans, he is getting paid and that is what he wants. Winning the fight is just the formality for the payday. His strategy is a house of cards, 1 loss in there and it all comes down.
    The problem many of us have with this is it waters down the sport. It cheats the fans. He isnt in there to box, he is in there to play it safe and win on the cards. Little respect for that strategy but it is a smart one.

First 12345 Last