THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Miocic (May 09, 2015)

UFC Fight Pass, 11 p.m. ET
    Mark Hunt vs. Stipe Miocic
    Brad Tavares vs. Robert Whittaker
    Sean O'Connell vs. Anthony Perosh
    Jake Matthews vs. James Vick

UFC Fight Night, 7:45 p.m. ET
    Hatsu Hioki vs. Daniel Hooker
    Kyle Noke vs. Jonavin Webb
    Sam Alvey vs. Daniel Kelly
    Lisa Ellis vs. Bec Rawlings
    Dylan Andrews vs. Brad Scott
    Alex Chambers vs. Kailin Curran
    Vik Grujic vs. Brendan O'Reilly
    Ben Nguyen vs. Alptekin Ozkilic

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Leaning towards Stipe because of speed and technique but if Mark Hunt walks him down and lands anything hard on the smaller man it's gonna be lights out for Stipe Miocic... Gonna let this fight digest for a few weeks.. I don't think it's a clear cut pick and win scenario that most are probably going suggest......

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Leaning towards Stipe because of speed and technique but if Mark Hunt walks him down and lands anything hard on the smaller man it's gonna be lights out for Stipe Miocic... Gonna let this fight digest for a few weeks.. I don't think it's a clear cut pick and win scenario that most are probably going suggest......
    Hunt via RNC.

shabang
    shabang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

not going to overthink this one..stipe is the right call..

I actually like this card for betting.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Funny, my first thought was, ouch, this card sucks for betting. Who do you like?

shabang

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Funny, my first thought was, ouch, this card sucks for betting. Who do you like?
    off the bat i like perosh, hioki, tavares/whittaker over,ozkilic

bjpenn85

Interesting, i feel like perosh absolutely sucks and can be trusted, hioki has lost his last 4 out f 5 fights or something and is on his way down, tavares has a glass jaw so that may end up in not going the distance because of whittakers power, and ben nguyen i dont know anything about...whos do you like the most out of those picks?

bjpenn85

cant

shabang

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Interesting, i feel like perosh absolutely sucks and can be trusted, hioki has lost his last 4 out f 5 fights or something and is on his way down, tavares has a glass jaw so that may end up in not going the distance because of whittakers power, and ben nguyen i dont know anything about...whos do you like the most out of those picks?
    Perosh is way better on the ground than o'connell so I think he'll sub him, I usually bet against tavares and he usually takes my money - He survived against romero and marquardt w/out getting ko'd .. Not sure who wins but I think it will go to decision. Hioki has a good ground game as well as solid chin so not worried about him getting put down, he only has losses to pretty tough comp and they're grinders as well..hooker is not on the same level compared to what hioki is used to .. like him a lot here as well

also going with miocic .. I like perosh out of those so im hoping he gets the sub or dec win, his oppponent will not be able to ko him..very durable, solid chin..good ground game..

yacuna island
    yacuna island's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Big fan of Hunt but Stipe looks to be a good price here.

Mark seems to check out mentally every now and then, he's also 40years old.

Stipe seems to be on the incline with enthusiasm for his career and Mark is mostly worried about $$$

Stipes takedowns might be able to gas Mark out too

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Mark Hunt gonna drop bombs on Lil Stipe.

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

will be going to watch this one in person. imo stipe will grind out a win he will probably copy his buddy mirko and wait till the later rounds until hunt is gassed. taller, bigger reach and faster. tavares just keeps getting better after every fight the same goes for whitaker but i think tavares is a overall better fighter and should get the W. will be good to see dylan andrews again, he should really push for a win here and looked great and hungry in his last fight, so hungry he knocked himself out. the other fight i really like is jake matthews, alot of hype around this kid, potentially has a good chance of being one of the best fighters out of AUS (there is fuckall really).

also if you bet on perosh you are a fool, that guy is garbage, like old garbage.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Mark Hunt gonna drop bombs on Lil Stipe.
    One good bomb on the smaller man and down goes Stipe.. I just have a hard time seeing Stipe taking down Mark Hunt and if he stands in front of Hunt it could be lights out in hurry... Hunt walked down Roy Nelson and dropped him..

Gas tank does favor Stipe though which makes this fight a tricky pick????

blazes_bff
    blazes_bff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2739

I'm waiting for Stipe In the distance prop to come out. Hopefully Stipe can weather the storm and out cardio Hunt, and get a late TKO. The power of Hunt can end the fight in an instant, so -200 straight is a little scary. Hoping Stipe ITD will be +140 or better.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_bff View Post
    I'm waiting for Stipe In the distance prop to come out. Hopefully Stipe can weather the storm and out cardio Hunt, and get a late TKO. The power of Hunt can end the fight in an instant, so -200 straight is a little scary. Hoping Stipe ITD will be +140 or better.
    Interesting thoughts Blazes!!!..

Hunt has good defense and a solid chin that is fading but he paced himself fairly well against Roy Nelson before blitzing him and dropping Roy like a bad habit. Stipe will come with more energy, speed and pace then Roy though.. Stipe is even smaller then Roy... Still I think Hunt has the mental confidence when looking at such a smaller man and will try to walk him down and drop Stipe with heavy shots early on and may just do that like you suggest.....

Stipe is no joke though and could just out work Hunt, wear him down and finish him as well late in the fight???? He is the younger fighter by 9 years and only lost 2 fights so far in MMA career. Mark Hunt 41 and almost batting .500.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Stipe-Miocic-39537 Who frigg'n knows?

ITD either way is probably a decent consideration depending on the extremely favorable odds... I still can't think out this fight in my mind.. How about fight wont go the distance prop if you must play?

On the fence...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-28-15 at 08:33 PM.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

if this is a straight-up "pick a winner" with prices ignored...gotta go with Stipe...

but as a real-world bet where prices DO matter...then this is a no-brainer Hunt+170@pinnacle: risk just 59 bucks for every 100 you're after

then enjoy the fight, knowing your guy can end it at any time for you...if it doesn't cash, who cares, u didn't expect it to, but if the haymaker lands, u not only win ur hundo but feel like a freakin' balls-of-steel genius too!

but bet the favorite and even if he's dominating, u'r constantly worried about a hay landing and costing you 200 bucks for that hundo you're after...not only costing you the two big bills, but making you feel like a sap for paying 2-1 against the very defintition of "live dog"...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 04-29-15 at 05:02 PM.
    Points Awarded:

UncleChael gave fitguy67 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Stipe got knocked out by Struve!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

This is another weak UFC card IMO but it's a free "fight night" card and not PPV so I excuse it....

Waiting til next week to attempt to break this pig down.. No write ups out anyways on this event either.. Writers are in no hurry to tackle this event as it appears that most are pre occupied with the Pac vs Floyd match going down this weekend perhaps?

Bleacher report has this card link out - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...fight-night-65
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-30-15 at 02:34 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Having a solid look at this card now.. This fight sticks out immediately...

I think a potential live dog play is Daniel Kelly at +325...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Daniel-Kelly-49516

This 37 year old Aussie is undefeated at 9-0.. Has a win already in the UFC and the UFC jitters are behind him.. I think he can out work Smiling Sam Alvey and take him down and maybe grind out a win or even lock in a sub.. I also believe Sam Alvey has been more lucky then good in his recent string of 1st round KO wins in the UFC..

Don't think Sammy can drop Daniel Kelly in round one anyways going into this one..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Sam-Alvey-35410

UFC Fight Night 65 - Middleweight 3 rounds - Adelaide Entertainment Centre - Adelaide, South Australia - UFC TV
    Sat 5/9 1601 Daniel Kelly +325 o1½ -150
    9:00PM 1602 Sam Alvey -400 u1½ +130

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Too bad this wont live up to the greatest night in boxing, shame.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Too bad this wont live up to the greatest night in boxing, shame.
    It just might be jtoler,

I can tell you this - Mark Hunt and Stipe in the main event will be 2 big HW's standing and trading with bad intentions while wearing those tiny MMA gloves.. I doubt the fight ever hits the ground...

This is a complete contrast from what we saw with Floyd and Pac last night!!!.. Those 2 little midgets were playing patty cake with 2 big pillows attached to their hands while hugging each other alot.. Felt like I was watching "Broke Back Mountain" movie rather then a fight

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Preview and predictions - Mark Hunt looks awefully short standing next to Stipe.. Starting to lean towards Stipe myself...

BR - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-toe-breakdown

CP - http://combatpress.com/2015/05/toe-t...d-predictions/

yacuna island
    yacuna island's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Preview and predictions - Mark Hunt looks awefully short standing next to Stipe.. Starting to lean towards Stipe myself...

BR - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-toe-breakdown

CP - http://combatpress.com/2015/05/toe-t...d-predictions/

I know Hunto has always been pudgy but damn he looks like he's been hitting KFC hard!

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Haven't really looked much into this card and will probably wait until weigh-ins to lock in anything.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I find it hard betting on the 41 year old KFC eating Mark Hunt for sure as he has been dropped a few times in recent fights. However, one punch even from fat boy Marky could end the fight if he walks down Stipe and treats him like a smaller brother or child.. This is a tricky fight to bet on IMO still.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Hunt-10668

Logic suggests you go with the younger, more fit and solid technical stand up fighter in Stipe with reach... Mark Hunt might just be looking for UFC paydays these days also.. IDK???? He looks chunky for sure, but as usual he will come in at max weight packing the big punch....

This bout is taking place in Aussie land and that is basically his Kiwi home land in a sense and you just gotta think he might really try to represent going into this one???? Is just trying to represent good enough against Stipe IDK??? Probably not but we will probably know after round 1.....

If betting on Hunt I'd suggest waiting for the KO prop to come out because that is the only way I see him winning this fight. Better value then the straight win play for sure.. Mark Hunt is not gonna win by decision or sub and that I will bet on....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-05-15 at 11:21 PM.

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

dont bet on it if your not sure, better value on taraves/andrews

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GR33D View Post
    dont bet on it if your not sure, better value on taraves/andrews
    On both agreed... Can't over look Daniel Kelly or Jake Mathews either...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-05-15 at 11:09 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GR33D View Post
    dont bet on it if your not sure
    Well, I was originally leaning towards Hunt because he was dominating that Werdum fight until he got caught with that up knee.. He has looked pretty solid for him in recent fights even in his losses..

Thinking this fight should stay standing so you always gotta consider Hunt having a real punchers chance against the smaller Stipe early on. He should be very pumped up fighting in Aussie land as well..

Stipe is still the more athletic, quicker and more technical Striker though and could just pepper and pick apart Hunt round after round and win on points...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-06-15 at 01:26 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Boxing's on that day.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Well, I was originally leaning towards Hunt because he was dominating that Werdum fight until he got caught with that up knee.. He has looked pretty solid for him in recent fights even in his losses..

Thinking this fight should stay standing so you always gotta consider Hunt having a real punchers chance against the smaller Stipe early on. He should be very pumped up fighting in Aussie land as well..

Stipe is still the more athletic, quicker and more technical Striker though and could just pepper and pick apart Hunt round after round and win on points...
    Stipe is not the more technical striker.. Not even close, my jibs.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Stipe is not the more technical striker.. Not even close, my jibs.
    IDK? Perhaps you are right Miri.. I shouldn't have used the word technical.. My thinking was for Stipe - combined with his quickness, reach and athleticism I give him the striking advantage over Hunt for pure volume and point striking.. I see what your saying though Miri as Hunt does have pin point striking accuracy, great timing, solid defense standing with his head tuck and punch method.. K1 experience and Hunt based his entire career with his striking...

Stipe will simply have a higher volume output which in my mind gives him the point striking advantage is what I ment in my above post..

Pure technical striking I think it's still hard to say Mark Hunt is far superior then Stipe though IMO.. Gotta remember 8 of Stipes 12 wins have come by way of KO...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-06-15 at 05:41 PM.

mirinquads

He is. He sets traps in a way Stipe can dream of yet. Stipe quite pragmatic in his approach, work man like volume. But the way Hunt setup both Nelson and Kongo for the perfect KO shots was masterful. I'm sure I don't have to remind you that he was a K-1 champion when that ment something, although he was more of a brawler back then. Too bad that he's gotten too old and fat to kick properly.

I get what you're saying though.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^ True true Miri..

More I look at these two guys and considering the fact that both have great punching power early on in fights, also that Mark Hunt's chin and cardio is arguably fading fight to fight at age 41 makes ya think there could be some value in the 1.5 under round bet at +155.. Knock out could be coming early on for either guy perhaps.. Hmmmm?

If Stipe is able to utilize his wrestling and take down the much bigger Hunt that probably blows up my under 1.5 round bet theory.. Both like to stand and bang and Hunt showed decent take down defense in recent fights is my thinking though....

UFC Fight Night 65 - Heavyweight 5 rounds - Adelaide Entertainment Centre - Adelaide, South Australia - UFC TV
    Sat 5/9 1001 Mark Hunt +200 o1½ -175
    11:59PM 1002 Stipe Miocic -240 u1½ +155
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-06-15 at 05:58 PM.

mirinquads

Not hating it. Everyone was on the over for Bigfoot / Mir thinking they would pace themselves. I think it will get higher towards the fight, as people will think the same thing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Not hating it. Everyone was on the over for Bigfoot / Mir thinking they would pace themselves. I think it will get higher towards the fight, as people will think the same thing.
    Yep all the other forum heads are liking the Over but I don't see it in this fight.. Hunt gets smoked or Stipe gets dropped early on is my thinking.. At +155 I'm liking this slightly better then either straight play right now with this fight..

1234 ... Last