THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC on FOX 15: Machida vs. Rockhold (April 18, 2015)

FOX, 8 p.m. ET
    Lyoto Machida vs. Luke Rockhold
    Yoel Romero vs. Ronaldo Souza
    Max Holloway vs. Cub Swanson
    Felice Herrig vs. Paige VanZant

FOX, 6 p.m. ET
    Paul Felder vs. Jim Miller
    Patrick Cummins vs. Ovince Saint Preux
    Corey Anderson vs. Gian Villante
    Aljamain Sterling vs. Takeya Mizugaki

UFC Fight Pass, 4:15 p.m. ET
    Kenny Robertson vs. George Sullivan
    Diego Brandao vs. Jimy Hettes
    Nick Catone vs. Vitor Miranda
    Chris Dempsey vs. Eddie Gordon

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Going with LUKE over the Dragon..

This match up should mirror the fight when Machida fought Chris Weidman one would think.. Luke is the superior athlete, this fight goes down in the States, Luke has the size and reach.. I'm also thinking we should start to see Machida slow down as he approaches 37 years of age in a month..

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

Rockhold
    Cub
    Corey Anderson
    Funk Master

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Rockhold gonna break banks! I like my Machida odds.

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

good card for free tv

yacuna island
    yacuna island's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Going with LUKE over the Dragon..

This match up should mirror the fight when Machida fought Chris Weidman one would think.. Luke is the superior athlete, this fight goes down in the States, Luke has the size and reach.. I'm also thinking we should start to see Machida slow down as he approaches 37 years of age in a month..
    Thinking the same thing.

Luke is a huge MW too, he looked like he was fighting a person from a smaller weight class against Bisping.

Lyoto is a great fighter but I think Luke beats him.

This will be my next wager, the next card in Poland is dog shit.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by yacuna island View Post
    Thinking the same thing.

Luke is a huge MW too, he looked like he was fighting a person from a smaller weight class against Bisping.

Lyoto is a great fighter but I think Luke beats him.

This will be my next wager, the next card in Poland is dog shit.
    Agreed.. Machida does look small at this weight class and this fight is not in Brazil this go around.. No CB liver kicks landing in this one.. Luke is peaking right now and is in his prime and should be a very tough out... My money is on Luke..

Poland card is garbage on a stick, I concur.... Been tying to cap it and getting frustrated.. I got 4 bets pending and I think I'm done.. May take a back seat to this next event coming up... Don't want to lose cash betting just to bet...

Machida is reaching in this vid below... Luke may sub Machida in this one as I wouldn't be surprised...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-07-15 at 10:20 PM.

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro
    Hollafront's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Machida don't knock Rockhard out, he's getting robbed of a decision.
    Last edited by Hollafront; 04-07-15 at 11:17 PM.

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

I"m garbage on a stick, I concur.... Been tying to steal plays it and getting frustrated..

UncleChael

Quote Originally Posted by Hollafront View Post
    You might win one!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Hollow you silly son of bitch!!!!.. I do appreciate you posting to thread topic for once which is very rare but you're so lost it's not even funny.. Stick to boxing pal....

Machida is a UFC darling, a fan favorite among most and is still more marketable then Luke Rockhold.. No way Machida gets the short end on a decision call in this one..

I have a feeling Luke presses and takes down Machida in this one.. Call it a gut feeling....

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I think Rockhold is real good. I just have a hard time thinking anyone figures out Machida on the feet besides for the Chris. And really that was only for half the fight.

Machida at dog odds vs anyone not named Jones or Weidman is nice stuff. Of course a few big 205ers like rumble or gus would give him fits but really Machida is a tough out for anyone.

Odds are close but I side Machida knowing how good Rockhold is.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rubber Guard View Post
    I think Rockhold is real good. I just have a hard time thinking anyone figures out Machida on the feet besides for the Chris. And really that was only for half the fight.

Machida at dog odds vs anyone not named Jones or Weidman is nice stuff. Of course a few big 205ers like rumble or gus would give him fits but really Machida is a tough out for anyone.

Odds are close but I side Machida knowing how good Rockhold is.
    Good argument Rubber but don't get blinded by the odds.. I would normally agree with you but Machida is getting up in age at 37 in a month and his quickness and chin strength has to be fading soon.. He will simply be the smaller and weaker man going in.. Unless Machida has those spinning back heal kicks in his bag of tricks like Vitor Belfort has I don't think he can land anything standing in front of him that will stop Luke..

Look closely who Luke has beaten... Dude is solid standing and has beat some very good strikers in the past that don't have heel hook spinning back kicks in their arsenal like Vitor did.. I consider that a fluke KO... http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Luke-Rockhold-23345

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Machida has lost 5 of his last 11 fights.. He's not unbeatable.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Lyoto-Machida-7513

Machida beat CB in Brazil with a body kick good job, before that Mousasi by decision which is a good win but Mousasi is primarily a stand up fighter and Machida did not have to worry about the take downs.. Before that Munoz which whom I could probably beat on a good day...

Cards are stacking up against Machida going into this bout simply put..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-08-15 at 09:17 PM.

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

Luke has defeated scrubs. Fact.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Machida has lost 5 of his last 11 fights.. He's not unbeatable.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Lyoto-Machida-7513

Machida beat CB in Brazil with a body kick good job, before that Mousasi by decision which is a good win but Mousasi is primarily a stand up fighter and Machida did not have to worry about the take downs.. Before that Munoz which whom I could probably beat on a good day...

Cards are stacking up against Machida going into this bout simply put..
    That's one way to look at it. The other is that Machida has only lost 5 rounds over the past 11 fights. Fairly sure reasonable people scored Rampage and Davis fights 30-27 Machida and many gave Machida Rd 1 against Jones and 4/5 v. Weidman.

Can't see Rockhold taking him down.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lick496

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

Rpckhold is not taking anyone down. Rockhold doesn't present anything Machida hasn't seen before. Machida has stoodup with standup artists like Shogun, Moussasi. The only way Machida loses if he decides to backpedal all day and counterstrike where he gets robbed. He has 5 rounds to knock this strikeforce scrub out. Word to your mothers.

UncleChael

Why didn't Rockhold take down Vitor?

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Cause you're a fagggot
    Points Awarded:

mirinquads gave Hollafront 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

CaptChaos145

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Fight never really got going. before you knew it Luke was out from the kick.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

So this event has next up!!

Odds aren't out yet on the fights but I'm giving Patrick Cummings a chance against OSP... Can only wonder what the odds are gonna be for that fight?

Romero out Comozzi in. Jacare is gonna steam roll him...http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Ronaldo-Souza-8394 Those odds should be untouchable...

Cub Swanson vs Max Holloway is a great match up.. Leaning towards Max Holloway... Dudes been on a roll lately http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Max-Holloway-38671

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

1U Machida

Am also gonna fire on Cummins. Hopefully his line is good.

And Jibby you fatfuk, Allsop lost all his bets on Bellator and UFC. LMAO this is the guy who's nuts you're riding?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

And Jibby you fatfuk, Allsop lost all his bets on Bellator and UFC. LMAO this is the guy who's nuts you're riding?

Really? I don't tail the guy or anyone else on the forums and never will just for the record.. I barely get influenced half the time either by what I read...

In regards to Alsopp getting lit up over the weekend I got worked over a bit in Bellator also so that's understandable.. I played the percentages too..

Alot of dogs won with the UFC today and if I had played every fight evenly I probably would have gotten raped as well.. The fights and props I did play I won, in fact I won them all today except for a very tiny 2 team parlay which I posted on the event thread

Allsop tries hard though and usually his MMA posting information is legit from what I can tell.. His picks are suspect at times as I usually go against them alot but IDK about them all as I never paid the 10 bucks to find out.. I also read the mod posting picks on OddsBeast. I don't get influenced though half the time by what I read on the forums period.. I prefer the internet media reads to gather some info.. Watching the last fighter vids are the key mostly to help make the final calls if I am on the fence just from memory..

Good luck with Machida Hollow as I'm going the other way with Luke Rockhold.. You'll probably get Cummings if you play it.. OSP is overrated and Cummings will put him on his back...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-11-15 at 08:14 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hollafront

Lick496
    Lick496's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2196

Jacare already destroyed Camozzi, why would they do this again

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Lick496 View Post
    Jacare already destroyed Camozzi, why would they do this again
    Fill in fighter, odds will probably be -900 or some crazy shiit like that Lick if I had to guess... Look for the under round bet or win by sub for reasonable odds maybe???

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

Bader put OSP on his back. I see no reason why Cummings can't.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Putting Jacare in with a few parlays....will take Machida if odds go up by fight time.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Thinking Jacare will finish Camozzi early on again and probably by submission.. Patrick Cummings will beat OSP and most likely take the fight to decision via the ground and pound.. OSP is difficult to finish.. Hit this parlay with all that in mind...

Pending 2 Team Parlay
    Pending 4/18/15 11:00pm UFC Fighting 1101 Chris Camozzi/Ronaldo Souza Under 1½ -200*
    Pending 4/18/15 9:00pm UFC Fighting 1501 Ovince Saint Preux/Patrick Cummins Over 2½ -165*

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Was tempted to bet on the veteran in Jim Miller at those +175 odds but just can't do it..

Jimmy is facing another tall fighter in Dariush and he'll probably get picked apart standing just like he did in the Donald Cowboy Cerrone fight.. Dariush is also a taller 5'10" guy much like Cowboy with good striking and that's probably gonna be a big problem for Miller time....http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Beneil-Dariush-56583

CaptChaos145

I think Dariush will smoke Miller and I like Miller a lot. Dariush is the fav too.

Hollafront
    Ice water veins pro

Is Dairush a finisher tho?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I posted this on MMA betting odds and want to help out Alsopp and paying followers..... Loyal to this forum first though.. No pun intended always as I am a team player for all...

Copy and paste -

– I like dirty bird Means as well going into this one….

– Patrick Cummings is gonna put OSP on his back and probably will win by decision if I had to guess.. OSP is durable.. Cummings looked really good in his last fight and I’ve always thought OSP is a bit overrated IMO…

– Jim Miller while tough as nails, veteran and well rounded has a tough time with these tall lengthy fighters when standing as shown against Cowboy Cerrone in his last loss.. He’s fighting another rangy long fighter that should pick him apart standing again unfortunately.. I don’t see Miller time happening here.. Bad match up for Jimmy in my opinion..

– Cub Swanson is always tough to bet against but this kid Max Holloway has been lights out in recent fights.. At +125 I find it very hard to bet against him.. Standing Cub could get dropped by Max..

After reply in favor of Cub Swanson -

Cub Swanson is tough standing and solid on the ground and I agree.. Max Holloway is the much taller man with the reach going in.. He’s been knocking people out the box with 3 of last 5 wins ending by KO… I can’t bet on Cub Swanson’s chin holding up being the much shorter man… Be careful my friend betting on Cub Swanson in this one…http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Max-Holloway-38671
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-12-15 at 09:15 PM.

yacuna island
    yacuna island's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

Ladbrokes have Machida @ +150

They voided a bet of mine last week when they had a similar inflated line.

I'm not going to even bother this time.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Leaning OSP

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

1234 ... Last