Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

February 2015 mma news

I think i posted this a month ago. I get news faster than V now.

http://mmafrenzy.com/115267/ufcs-gil...-alvarez-next/

Thor4140

Siva,

“When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights,” Silva told MMAjunkie in October. “When you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug, and it’s not good for the sport.” Hmmm

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Siva,

“When the guys test for the steroids, (they should have) no more fights,” Silva told MMAjunkie in October. “When you use the steroids, you use them for a long time. When you use the steroids for a long time, you have a problem. It’s a drug, and it’s not good for the sport.” Hmmm
    Hypocrite is Silva.. Poor job of masking before test time for both.. It boggles my mind..

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Good lord.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fitch is a bum... Great fade material and I hope to bet against him in the future when and if he ever cleans up..

On another note I still can't believe Tyron Woodley gave back the penalty purse to Gas... I have a new respect for Tyron Woodley..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...050232074.html

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Woodley is still going to have to pay taxes on it.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Rory MacDonald vs. Hector Lombard pulled from UFC 186, replaced with Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Hector Lombard popped for steroids following UFC 182 drug test

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

shit that was going to be a sweet matchup to bet.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Hector Lombard popped for steroids following UFC 182 drug test
    That guy always had steroids written all over him.. I'm surprised he finally got caught after all this time.. I thought he had it nailed down and had it masked perfectly after all these years of use... Enjoy the fines and time off juicer!!

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Fitch is a bum... Great fade material and I hope to bet against him in the future when and if he ever cleans up..

On another note I still can't believe Tyron Woodley gave back the penalty purse to Gas... I have a new respect for Tyron Woodley..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...050232074.html
    Why? He's a complete dumb ass. He has a wife & a house full of children. Kelvin chose to NOT make weight. Woodley could get f-cked up the same way he did vs Marquardt. Maybe the next time is far worse. What if it is also the catalyst to his early decline. This is prize fighting & your next fight could be your last. You never know. You have to make as much money in as short of period of time as possible.

CaptChaos145
    CaptChaos145's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1637

question: How many guys use PED's because they feel like they have to "keep up?"

Personally I think some of these guys would not take PED's BUT they say to themselves "Hey I gotta keep up and do what they're doing if I wanna compete at the top."

This stuff is getting out of hand.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    Why? He's a complete dumb ass. He has a wife & a house full of children. Kelvin chose to NOT make weight. Woodley could get f-cked up the same way he did vs Marquardt. Maybe the next time is far worse. What if it is also the catalyst to his early decline. This is prize fighting & your next fight could be your last. You never know. You have to make as much money in as short of period of time as possible.
    Wow actually agree with Ron 100%

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post
    question: How many guys use PED's because they feel like they have to "keep up?"

Personally I think some of these guys would not take PED's BUT they say to themselves "Hey I gotta keep up and do what they're doing if I wanna compete at the top."

This stuff is getting out of hand.
    spot on...the expression "beggar thy neighbour" (but here, the impoverishment isn't just to the earning-power of the competitors...it's also very-clearly to their long-term physical/short-term psychological/emotional health) captures the essence of it...

in more modern parlance it's a decidedly "negative sum game" these guys are being forced into by default if strong measures aren't put into place to assure fighter's that others are not "doing it"

rec-drugs like marijuana, even cocaine (as Diaz and Jones got popped for recently)...are a different story...they are NOT performance-enhancers...if anything they are performance-degraders/voluntary-handicaps...so they should be classified as voluntary vices like drinking and sacrificing sleep to party...in other words they shouldn't even be tested for...

but BigBrother should come down hard on anabolic-steroid use...in a very thorough and even-handed way

if i'm a fighter i don't give a fukk if my opponent is doing coke, cannabis, johnny walker, or bangin' beaver all night instead of training all day...makes my job easier and presents no danger to me...

but if they're helping mother-nature along with anabolics...fukk that's a danger to my limbs and livelihood...and if my company doesn't enforce bans on it...i have no choice but to either retire or "beggar myself"...further escalating the problem when my next clean competitor figures out i'm dirty...and is forced into the same "lose-lose" decision
    Last edited by fitguy67; 02-11-15 at 09:14 PM.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

IMO marijuana is a performing enhancing drug. I have several conversations with other long distance runners. Several believe weed helps them in recovery process of training. In fact, I know plenty of runners that run high. They believe it blocks the pain and has little effect on their lungs.

fitguy67

^a very interesting, and perfectly-plausible point^

...to rule out any "smoking" related lung-issues completely...tea and/or brownies would be the obvious way to go
    Last edited by fitguy67; 02-12-15 at 01:29 AM.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by CaptChaos145 View Post

This stuff is getting out of hand. <object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
    ALL top athlete's from ALL sports take PED's.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    ^a very interesting, and perfectly-plausible point^

...to rule out any "smoking" related lung-issues completely...tea and or brownies would be the obvious way to go
    Actually paste works the best. You can rub it on your body like lotion. But it's wise to only use about 4 pea sized doses at once. Rub one on each wrist & the other two on both carotid arteries on both sides of the neck. It's the most potent way to use cannabis.

fitguy67

^helluva video^

most revealing was Marion Jones' testimony where she is very careful to
    ALWAYS says "I never failed a drug test"...and to NEVER once say "I never used drugs"

brings to mind the famous quote associated with Bill Clinton..."I didn't lie...I was being economical with the truth."

the final two quotations are brilliant...and worth committing to memory.

"It is easier to fool people...than to convince them they have been fooled"...Mark Twain

"...people don't want to hear the truth because they; don't want their illusions destroyed."...Nietzsche

fitguy67

re: protecting fighter's from the negative-sum game of escalating PED use

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...out-of-the-ufc

intelligent and blunt at the same time

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

What makes you think it is escalating? It's most likely exactly the same it has always been.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    re: protecting fighter's from the negative-sum game of escalating PED use

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...out-of-the-ufc

intelligent and blunt at the same time
    Chad Dundas is an idiot. No one needs to write an unrealistic 5 point plan to end PED use. Year round randomized testing. And a lifetime ban for the first indiscretion would end conventional PED use. However, it would also create an incredibly un-level playing field between the have & have nots. The very few that have the money & connections to afford the latest designer PED's & masking agents. And everyone else who does not.

Ron_Paul_2012

This was just posted on Josh Burkman's Facebook account in response to hector Lombard testing positive for PED's.

Does this mean I win? Jk
    Never surprised my when athletes test positive. I still have respect for Hector Lombard.
    Let me also say this is not an MMA issue. It's is in all sports at all levels.
    ARod, Lance Armstrong, and the list goes on and on. Football, baseball, speed skating, golf, all of em'. Not all athletes, but all sports. Even the entertainment business. People are looking for advantages everywhere.
    Look at the Patriots, they're always trying to find an advantage you wouldn't think of. Filming coaches, deflating balls... Belachech probably has a doctor on staff. As long as professional athletes are looking for a competitive advantage, PED's will be a problem. Maybe we should rethink the system?

In MMA it's just not swept under the rug as well... More attention on athletes because it is an individual sport?? I don't know...
    Maybe they should legalize it and make you monitor your own levels... Keep everybody on an even playing field. I don't know, just wish we could figure out how to compete on an even playing field. That should be the goal!

Training for Hector I sprained my ankle, popped a rib, and had ligament damage. I sparred 3 times in 6 weeks. I didn't spar 1 time 4 weeks out from the fight. I also got sick 10 days out. I was almost forced out of the fight. I didn't take a thing, and that is the problem. I fought at a significant disadvantage because I followed the rules. Those injuries and sickness may have never happened had I used PED's. That is the reason athletes are drawn to PED's. To stay healthy and strong while trying to survive in a cut-throat industry.
    The harshest critics are often the worst offenders.
    Anderson Silva asked for a lifetime ban... Tested positive.
    Jon Fitch was the harshest critic... Tested positive.

Both obvious trying to get the most out of the end of there careers.
    I have no answers, nor do I judge harshly.

Thor4140

Faber and Frankie in May. Ut oh Dillishaw here comes Frankie

fitguy67

faak...the makashvili/lentz fight's been scratched...

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/nik-len...t-60-cancelled

Ron_Paul_2012

So ya want to be an ultimate fighter? 56:30

How much money do ya think this guy got paid?

Ron_Paul_2012

1:03:28 They carry him out of the ring and discard the body. Because the show must go on.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Looks like he had a seizure.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    So ya want to be an ultimate fighter? 56:30

How much money do ya think this guy got paid?
    Damn.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Looks like he had a seizure.
    no shit Sherlock

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    no shit Sherlock
    welcome back V

phelios
    phelios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

no shit Sherlock
    lol

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

no shit Sherlock
    Keep digging Watson! You might find some!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

looks like he got kicked in the face also

12 Last