El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Terribly awkward interview with The Rock and Reigns after. Shit show.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Oh well, 2-0 on the bets. Paid for some pizza and beer.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trytrytry

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Only way people weren't going to riot was if Dean Ambrose or Daniel Bryan won

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Ziggler and Ryback were underutilized after being reinstated. Bryan brought in too early, and left too soon. Lousy botch on double elimination of Kane and Big Show. Rock used totally wrong. Only real story line built from the Rumble was Miz and Sandow. No story told through most of the Rumble. Just plain out boring. They should have given free hot dogs to everyone in the crowd before they started the Rumble, because I'm sure they would have liked to have been whined and dined before WWE fukked them.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Ziggler and Ryback were underutilized after being reinstated. Bryan brought in too early, and left too soon. Lousy botch on double elimination of Kane and Big Show. Rock used totally wrong. Only real story line built from the Rumble was Miz and Sandow. No story told through most of the Rumble. Just plain out boring. They should have given free hot dogs to everyone in the crowd before they started the Rumble, because I'm sure they would have liked to have been whined and dined before WWE fukked them.
    One of the few times the prelude to the Royal Rumble was the best part. Ziggler gets #30 and does absolutely nothing. Ryback did nothing, the Rowan, Harper/Wyatt thing was weird. They had a chance for Mizdow to snap and hit the Miz and didn't. Looks like we are in for a Cena/Rusev feud based on the post show. Cena won't be able to sniff the WWE title until after Wrestlemania, so give him a feud where he can be the first guy to pin/submit Rusev and be the U.S. Champ I guess. Still remains visible and a top guy.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

From Wikipedia: The negative reaction was extreme enough to crash the WWE Network cancellation page, and made the hashtag #CancelWWENetwork trend on Twitter.

Not sure if that's true...but funny.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    dont think ive ever heard crowd chanting "we want refund" on a ppv.
    They weren't. They were chanting, "We want Rusev!" They wanted anyone but Reigns to win and he was apparently the only one left. Even that was poorly executed and explained by the commentators.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    From Wikipedia: The negative reaction was extreme enough to crash the WWE Network cancellation page, and made the hashtag #CancelWWENetwork trend on Twitter.

Not sure if that's true...but funny.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...g-royal-rumble

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    That's funny. I felt the same way. Although I knew the outcome, I felt they could have presented it better. Chances are, most that cancelled were going to cancel anyway and re-subscribe come Wrestlemania...then rinse and repeat for the good PPV's (Wrestlemania, Summer Slam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, etc.) I believe the WWE Network was $9.99 but you had to commit for a certain # of months. They dropped the minimum # of months requirement starting Jan of this year due to the WWE Network struggling financially. So basically, people are going to pay $9.99 for a PPV. The WWE Network has lost so much money and their PPV buys are so far down that they are fukked either way.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

found these funny ass images

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito, El Nino, and Mr KLC

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Outstanding. I saw something that said something to the effect of: Well, now the Tooth Fairy is the 2nd biggest mistake The Rock made in his career.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bradthebloke, and Monitor-Tan

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stealthyburrito

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I watched wrestling for about 15 years growing up...but I don't get this. The fans want to be the ones who decide the winner now? Why don't we just poll everyone in the audience as to who they want to win NBA All-star voting style?

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Winner of the Royal Rumble... a Georgia Tech football player.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Pizzas!? Brooks where you at???

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I saw teh Rumble match which became predictable.

I heard the Lesnar match is 5* quality on Meltzer's scale.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I watched wrestling for about 15 years growing up...but I don't get this. The fans want to be the ones who decide the winner now? Why don't we just poll everyone in the audience as to who they want to win NBA All-star voting style?
    Fake wrestling is about giving the fans what they want, not stuffing a character down your throat. Roman Reigns might one day be a big star, but he is not ready yet, and the fans know it. Daniel Bryan is way over with the fans, and has been getting the shaft for the last couple of years. McMahon always liked the bigger wrestlers. Fans, nowadays are more into the charisma. Reigns definitely does not have that.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11893

I wouldn't say it's all about who won and who didn't.

It's more the fact that all the fan faves were unceremoniously dumped and their storyline "payoffs" were a complete farce.

And for some reason they think everyone wants to see two guys with a combined age of 90+, 700+ lbs, and mobility of a centenarian galapagos tortoise fight each other for the 1000th time.

They are way out of touch with their fanbase - the paying customers. Last night was basically a big middle finger to the audience.

First ... 4567