marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

UFC 179 Davis Vs Glover

Phil Davis has every advantage going into this fight.

Bigger hog.

Darker skin.

Longer fingers (for eye pokes)

Experience in hitting women.

I literally see no way of Glover winning this.

But what do you guyz think?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

He is black, and they say in roulette always bet on black... Hmmmm? He's got jedi mind skills too..

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-29-15 at 11:06 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Phil Davis has every advantage going into this fight.

Bigger hog.

Darker skin.

Longer fingers (for eye pokes)

Experience in hitting women.

I literally see no way of Glover winning this.

But what do you guyz think?
    Hmmm dunno about that. Danny Glover is preeettttyy fuuckin black

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

rockhold is a -500 fav against bisping....if i could ever get my hands in that filhy litlly )(/%(&/%/%& kalikas

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    rockhold is a -500 fav against bisping....if i could ever get my hands in that filhy litlly )(/%(&/%/%& kalikas
    He opened at -385 - unfortunately I was running around doing stuff and missed the line - now it is unplayable unless I want to trail Luca's inevitable chalklay that will involve Rockhold and some other line with no value

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Yep Rockhold -515 on 5D.. Gotta hope and wait on the props to come out for this one now..

Only play I have up on the board with Rockhold is a 3 teamer..

Rockhold -515
    Cain/Werdum fight does not go the distance -475 (5 rounds by the way)
    Jose Aldo -230

$120 to win $130....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-15-14 at 07:15 PM.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

I dont see how phil wins.

Phil davis sucks.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Wrong black guy Pun. I know what you're thinking. Don't say it Pun! Don't say it.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-29-15 at 11:06 AM. Reason: image does not exist

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-15-14 at 10:08 PM.

Wilbo86
    Wilbo86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2706

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    He opened at -385 - unfortunately I was running around doing stuff and missed the line - now it is unplayable unless I want to trail Luca's inevitable chalklay that will involve Rockhold and some other line with no value
    BOOM Chalky BOOM! Not all chalk is created equal.

johnwirk2015
    johnwirk2015's Avatar Become A Pro!

parlay aldo with glover -105.

easy money.

i am actually more confident in texiera then i am in aldo. but both should roll,

John Bugara
    John Bugara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

My gut really wants to go with phil on this one. I've just seen him dance his way to bs decisions too much in the past to think glover deserves the odds he has. AJ made phil look like shit but i think he has the movement to stay out of glovers range and outpoint him. Glover hits hard but he's relatively basic on the feet. Also phil is "undefeated" in rio, gonna grab him for a unit at +255.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

http://www.pinnaclesports.com/en/bet...fc-179-betting

Great write up.... Clover is a BJJ fighter and Phil David has certainly beaten every BJJ fighter he has fought, like Vinny Mongoloid and Lyoto Macheeta.... look for Davisd to keep it standing and outstrike Clover here fellas like in the Machido fight....
    Points Awarded:

marzwoody gave MD 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bava gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^^When in doubt always bet on the better wrestler too...

I cringe though at the thought of betting on Phil Davis over Glover Tex.. Hard to pull the trigger on that one.. Phil Davis kinda sucks... Glover had one bad fight against the champ and you can't write him off.. Hmmm?

Napes21

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    http://www.pinnaclesports.com/en/bet...fc-179-betting

Great write up.... Clover is a BJJ fighter and Phil David has certainly beaten every BJJ fighter he has fought, like Vinny Mongoloid and Lyoto Macheeta.... look for Davisd to keep it standing and outstrike Clover here fellas like in the Machido fight....

Pure genius:

One recent factor that should be accounted for: Davis’ training partner and best mate Dominick Cruz just made his successful return to the ring after 3 years of injury issues. It’s this kind of factor that could prove inspirational.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Napes21 View Post
    Pure genius:

One recent factor that should be accounted for: Davis’ training partner and best mate Dominick Cruz just made his successful return to the ring after 3 years of injury issues. It’s this kind of factor that could prove inspirational.
    JIBBBY once taught me that you should always cross-reference your sources.

"Davis’ two career losses have come against hard hitters - which Teixeira is - with wrestling pedigrees - which Teixeira doesn’t have."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glover_Teixeira

"Glover Lucas Teixeira is a Brazilian mixed martial artist and former member of the Brazilian National Wrestling Team"

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Glover-Teixeira-4655

Only three decision wins, though, which suggests that Glover is not a wrestler.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This fight with Phil Davis is going down in Brazil by the way!!!!!

John Bugara

That pinny article was a good read, the stats regarding snapped win streaks leading to downward trends were especially interesting. Hoping that comes into play.

marzwoody

Gary spent six years writing for ESPN.com before joining us. Most of his articles there focused on poker, but he also wrote about UFC and MLB. He now writes about all three for Pinnacle Sports, where he also manages the company's social media presence. Some of his insights into competition come from playing Magic: the Gathering professionally. He's in that game's Hall of Fame.

Show some respect guyz.

johnwirk2015

who are these guys saying davis will outpoint glover? are you penetrating mad? he only going to win if he takes glover down, glover moves forward ALOT and davis will be back peddleing while getting his takedown's stuffed.

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by johnwirk2015 View Post
    who are these guys saying davis will outpoint glover? are you penetrating mad? he only going to win if he takes glover down, glover moves forward ALOT and davis will be back peddleing while getting his takedown's stuffed.
    Bro, he's the brazilian killer.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/1...-killer-you-re

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Glover Tex is a different kind of Brazilian beast Phil Davis will be trying to kill in this bout.. Coming off a loss against the champ and now fighting in Brazil is a scary thought even for Mr. Wonderful...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-19-14 at 05:15 PM.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Well, Glovers striking is rudimentary as shiet. Crosscounter - Lefthook - Crosscounter - Lefthook. Repeat. He does throw heat though, and will be in Phillies face, which he doesn't like one bit. Even if he can get him to the ground, it's not like Glover aren't pretty well versed there as well.

Might throw some coin on the upset if it wasn't Brazziiii though.

marzwoody

I have Glover and Aldo in a porlay and might put a lot more on. considering going yolo.

Napes21

Gary spent six years writing for ESPN.com before joining us. Most of his articles there focused on poker, but he also wrote about UFC and MLB. He now writes about all three for Pinnacle Sports, where he also manages the company's social media presence. Some of his insights into competition come from playing Magic: the Gathering professionally. He's in that game's Hall of Fame.

Show some respect guyz.
    I wonder whose mother's basement the HOF is in?

John Bugara

Quote Originally Posted by johnwirk2015 View Post
    If he can cut the cage off then absolutely, but I'm betting he can't. I think Phil moves better.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by John Bugara View Post
    If he can cut the cage off then absolutely, but I'm betting he can't. I think Phil moves better.
    Possibly, but when have you seen Phil be succesful striking when moving backwards? Also, even if Phil is winning the striking, Glover will likely be moving forward and it will be Brazil.. So factoring in a chance for that bad decision..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Glover Tex hits harder... Phil has no punching power... If it becomes a wrestling match I still don't think Glover gets pinned and pounded on in Brazil in a rebound fight...

Gotta consider - Jon Jones couldn't keep Glover on his back after pounding on his face round after round... Is Mr. Wonderful a better MMA wrestler then Jon Jones? Glover never has ended up on his back and got held down during his entire MMA career, should that change going into this one?...

Just keeping it simple and stating the obvious for ya fellas...... I still have no play on this fight.. Leaning towards Glover obviously though..
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

johnwirk2015

phil davis reminds me of jake shields these 2 guys are the biggest pillow punchers ever, thier striking is used to set up takedowns in the same way, only time where phil davis striking came into effect was against vinny and vinny striking is also non-exist which tells you alot.

glover will clobber davis via TKO/decision.

johnwirk2015

ya a robbery vs machida thats a good one.

latarianmilton
    latarianmilton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3660

yea when betting davis at +250 in brazil you know there is a likely chance that he ends up knocked out in the first
    but who has glover koed really? davis striking might be terrible but he is good at not getting hurt.

glover walk forward style is bad against a wrestler like davis. rashad and rumble beat him by going backwards somewhat but i don't think glover is athletic enough to do that

glover is strong but he doesn't have the skills to deal with davis pressure too well, he's eventually gonna end up on his back if this goes 3 rounds and there's a really good chance davis gets the decision. I also didn't like how glover looked in the bader fight, it looked like the pressure of being in brazil got to him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ GT turns his punches....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

All I remember is how Anthony Rumble Johnson just bullied Phil Davis.. That wasn't too long ago... Thinking Glover is kinda the same type of fighter as Rumble Johnson anyways... I've been hit or miss lately so just posting up ideas...

12 Last