snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

People have short memories when it comes to MMA . One lackluster performance against Johnson and people are writing Davis off like he is some kind of low level gatekeeper.

The truth is if you take out the Johnson fight the odds on this fight is a pick em. GT's TDD has not been tested much at all in his ufc stint , Bader shot for 1 sloppy take down in the first round of their fight before spazzing out and getting KO'd, Jones shot for 1 half hearted TD in the first round (that failed) and another in the fifth round that he easily got on a tired GT.

Davis' striking is not bad at all and defensively he is very sound.

To me this fight is one of the best wrestlers in the LHW division with underrated striking going against a well rounded (but over hyped) older fighter who's TDD has not truly been tested in the UFC

Davis is the best dog on the card IMO

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by snufflyjoe View Post
    People have short memories when it comes to MMA . One lackluster performance against Johnson and people are writing Davis off like he is some kind of low level gatekeeper.

The truth is if you take out the Johnson fight the odds on this fight is a pick em. GT's TDD has not been tested much at all in his ufc stint , Bader shot for 1 sloppy take down in the first round of their fight before spazzing out and getting KO'd, Jones shot for 1 half hearted TD in the first round (that failed) and another in the fifth round that he easily got on a tired GT.

To me this fight is one of the best wrestlers in the LHW division with underrated striking going against a well rounded (but over hyped) older fighter who's TDD has not truly been tested in the UFC

This is why it is still a no play for me in this bout... Phil has proven to fight well as an underdog... Even on foreign turf????.. At even money I'm in with Glover but at almost 3-1 fav I'm out.. Fence is about to break though...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-20-14 at 01:23 AM.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

His striking is shit. he throws the same jab over and over again. he will do his same gameplan he does every fight, and Glover will be walking forward throwing heat. Davis will get flashbacks of the Rumble fight, it wont go well for him.

snufflyjoe

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    His striking is shit. he throws the same jab over and over again. he will do his same gameplan he does every fight, and Glover will be walking forward throwing heat. Davis will get flashbacks of the Rumble fight, it wont go well for him.

LOL! No its not. Re-watch the Machida fight Davis arguably out struck Machida not just with his jab but with his low kicks . While technically Davis may not be that great he doesn't have to be as his striking combined with the threat of his take downs is effective enough to defeat most LHW's.

Why the hell would you assume that Glover could do the same as Anthony Johnson and Rashad Evans did? when has Glover demonstrated the qualities needed to implement a sprawl and Brawl game plan against Davis?

Davis will strike at range against GT and move about when GT decides to walk Davis down he will get planted on his ass.

marzwoody

LOL! No its not. Re-watch the Machida fight Davis arguably out struck Machida not just with his jab but with his low kicks . While technically Davis may not be that great he doesn't have to be as his striking combined with the threat of his take downs is effective enough to defeat most LHW's.

Why the hell would you assume that Glover could do the same as Anthony Johnson and Rashad Evans did? when has Glover demonstrated the qualities needed to implement a sprawl and Brawl game plan against Davis?

Davis will strike at range against GT and move about when GT decides to walk Davis down he will get planted on his ass.
    Glover has one of the best takedown defence in the division. you know how Rumble beat Davis? he walked forward and threw more then the one jab and kick Davis throws every fight. its called pressure and mixing it up. you obviously can't see how good Glover really is.

Pmoney
    Pmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

snufflyjoe

Glover has one of the best takedown defence in the division. you know how Rumble beat Davis? he walked forward and threw more then the one jab and kick Davis throws every fight. its called pressure and mixing it up. you obviously can't see how good Glover really is.

Glover has one of the best takedown defence in the division
    What are you basing this on though? the one sloppy take down he stuffed from Bader in the first? or the half hearted Take down he stuffed of Jones in the first round? Not trying to be a dick to you but tell me the fight of Glovers that I should watch that demonstrates that Glover has really good TDD? because I couldn't find it.

you know how Rumble beat Davis? he walked forward and threw more then the one jab and kick Davis throws every fight
    You are over simplifying things Johnson was able to scare off Davis with his power and was able to punish Davis when he did try to take him down until the fight became a kick boxing match that Johnson got the better of. Glover would need the wrestling and athleticism of a Rashad Evans or Anthony Johnson to implement the same game plan and I haven't seen any evidence to make me believe he does.

you obviously can't see how good Glover really is.
    Just tell me the fight of Glovers that best demonstrates the qualities needed to beat Davis? I have re-watched a ton of Glover and Davis fights and I haven't seen this elite TDD you seem to believe that Glover has. I can't say that it doesn't exist for certain but I think it's daft to assume he does when he hasn't demonstrated it before.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything so if you want to bet on Glover go for it , but to me there is enough reasons to bet Davis at this price

* Glover is getting near the end of his athletic prime (turns 35 this month)
    * Glover is training at a pissy ATT affiliate for this camp not a large ATT with elite wrestlers but the pissy ATT down the road from him (complacent much?)
    * Davis is much more athletic and faster than Glover . The 2 guys who have given Davis problems were highly athletic wrestlers Glover is way too plodding to be effective against Davis IMO.
    * Davis will have a 3 inch reach advantage in this fight.
    * Glover will have the Home town advantage but Davis has been successful in all his trips to Brazil and has stated that he doesn't mind fighting there at all , also both guys live in the US so both will have to deal with jet lag etc.
    * Title Shot hangover - This is a matter of opinion really. I never bet on anyone coming off a title shot loss especially at over -300. I think a lot of the time motivation can wane especially after reaching the top and getting beat down by the superior fighter.

I think that Davis will hang with Glover on the feet and will secure enough take downs to swing the decision in his favour
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Skel

marzwoody

Your betting your hard earned money that Glover wont be able to stuff Davis takedowns (even though there's nothing to say he won't) thats fine by me. you might throw pocket change on the dog every ufc event, but this aint no game to me. this is cereal bidness.

And everyone thought Davis would dominate Rumble with wrestling. the blueprint is there to beat him.

Davis isn't a ufc fighter he's a ufc athlete. he wants to do his gameplan and walk away with dec. this doesen't work when you fight killers.

snufflyjoe

Your betting your hard earned money that Glover wont be able to stuff Davis takedowns (even though there's nothing to say he won't) thats fine by me. you might throw pocket change on the dog every ufc event, but this aint no game to me. this is cereal bidness.

And everyone thought Davis would dominate Rumble with wrestling. the blueprint is there to beat him.

Davis isn't a ufc fighter he's a ufc athlete. he wants to do his gameplan and walk away with dec. this doesen't work when you fight killers.

So we both agree that Glover has not demonstrated the elite TDD skills required to stay on his feet against Davis... you assume that he does (based on no evidence) and are willing to back a -300 favourite . I assume that he doesn't (based on no evidence) but the difference is I am backing a +260 underdog whereas you are proposing betting on a -300 favourite going against an elite wrestler who's TDD you are unsure of??

If your bets were as "cereal bidness" as you claim you would see the error in your reasoning. Perhaps you should actually watch some more of Davis' fights rather than just watching the Johnson fight on repeat.

marzwoody

So we both agree that Glover has not demonstrated the elite TDD skills required to stay on his feet against Davis... you assume that he does (based on no evidence) and are willing to back a -300 favourite . I assume that he doesn't (based on no evidence) but the difference is I am backing a +260 underdog whereas you are proposing betting on a -300 favourite going against an elite wrestler who's TDD you are unsure of??

If your bets were as "cereal bidness" as you claim you would see the error in your reasoning. Perhaps you should actually watch some more of Davis' fights rather than just watching the Johnson fight on repeat.
    I will if i ever develop insomnia. Glover has every advantage going into this fight. but you keep thinking he went on a 19 win streak with weak TD defence princess.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Even if Glover gets taken down he has that strength and ability to pop right back up... That showed in Jon Jones fight... We forget just how good and well rounded Glover is in this discussion... Again this fight takes place in Brazil, trained up now and ready to show after losing the title fight is Glover Tex.. This guy won 20 some odd fights before losing to the champ.. This dude is the real deal...
    http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Glover-Teixeira-4655

I really would like to think Phil Davis is in trouble going into this one.. Glover will fight like Rumble Johnson just like Marz is saying and we may even see Phil get KO'd for the first time.. Glover hits hard and should walk him down.. He will be on mission of redemption going into this one...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

snufflyjoe

Fair enough you want to bet Glover go ahead but at least have solid reasoning behind it. Neither of you provided a good reason that I wasn't able to shoot down.

Glover is square as

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fair enough you want to bet Glover go ahead but at least have solid reasoning behind it. Neither of you provided a good reason that I wasn't able to shoot down.

Glover is square as
    Those betting odds are in your favor for sure Snuff!!!.. I can't knock ya for betting on that!!!!.. Phil will show but will that be good enough????...

I tend to bet on who I think will win the fight but only if it's a strong pull... If not then I either don't bet it or I gamble against my better judgement and take a shot on the dog thinking he has a chance..

Tough call at times....
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-20-14 at 08:42 PM.

snufflyjoe

Well I did try to warn you guys :P

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Well I did try to warn you guys :P
    You also tried to warn us about how competitive Saffiedine would be against MacDonald.

Fortunately for you, you can just keep making predictions until one of them hits, bump only that one, and then jerk yourself off.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

y so butt hurt my guy? he pretty much shitted all over marzwoodys face w/ that analysis...thats worth a virtual high 5

snufflyjoe

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    You also tried to warn us about how competitive Saffiedine would be against MacDonald.

Fortunately for you, you can just keep making predictions until one of them hits, bump only that one, and then jerk yourself off.

Can I jerk myself off first and then just keep making predictions until one of them hits and bump only that one?

John Bugara
    John Bugara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Did not expect that to be that one sided, I was banking on Phil out landing Glover marginally while using wall and stall to win a close decision that the fans would've detested. Wasn't expecting that kind of control from Phil or for Glover to give up that many take downs.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post

That's how internet betting forums work, kid.

First 12