JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    going out on a limb here, you might prefer aldo wins inside distance @ +135

Correct about that.. Was just going over all the props on this fight.. Posting stuff up to get feed back.. Thanks..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    If you're thinking about combining both, won't go the distance only is -135 vs the combined price here of -129.
    No I'm on Aldo but just sharing prop ideas....

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Article preview reads are now out for this event...

Combat press has a decent toe to toe preview of fights...http://combatpress.com/2014/10/toe-t...d-predictions/

Bleacher report preview - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ide-to-ufc-179

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

A college "buddy" was into 2ce hard for about half year.

He used to play this generic game already on xbox360. Tons of lights, tons of movement, just like a destroy stuff and accumulate points f
    sort of game. He would play for hours. He said he started to see the game all the timr...anywhere. which can happrn to anyone in front of moving things that much I guess. But he got really weird off that shit. He had to quit, I think he scared himself at one point. He knew he was not in touch with reality at all.

He had some damn good molly tho. And weed.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Maybe he was too in tune with reality, chances are he wasn't out of touch with reality , and the truth is whatever was happening to his mind was likely somewhere in-between those two. Because once you've truly unplugged reality is fukin terrifying without the right guidance . I've been heads up with the shadow of death and I know why the reality of this realm in nothing short of genuine evil. I see how people's frail impulses push their confirmation bias into formulating self sabotage clarity glitches that seep into their every choice they make in this matrix and every fight they've ever bet on and every time they ever wondered why there has to be a

And i could tell you something too real like what's really in the northern mesopotamian blood of Beneil Dariush, or how the largest concentration of the human mitochondrial DNA haplogroup (Haplogroup X) is in the Druze people who live in Golan heights near Mount Hermon. And it would all sound crazy unless you have the truth.

Different ways to interpret that last Reis interview where he said Danny Martinez is always his toughest sparring partner , semi inferring that Danny drops him routinely in sparring. I wouldn't read too much into it but I didn't like hearing it either way . Not too worried about who's gonna win this fight but the line is starting to creep how they said it would.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I really like Davis. Not sure what Tex has done to justify all this hype and the title shot he got

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Am i the only guy leaning heavily towards elkins?

areallycoolguy
    areallycoolguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

davis' last performance was horrific tho

rocky16
    rocky16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Odds in tex-davis fight are way off IMO. I like Davis at that line. Davis did look like shit against Rumble but I think he has a better shot of getting tex to the mat and grinding him out. Line is way off niqqas.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Tex is pretty good with his jiu jitsu. Taking the fight to the mat could be quite dangerous for phil.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

On the basis that this is two top 10er fighters in the ufc, the odds is a bit wacky, but on the flip side, how has phil davies striking development been the last year, pretty slow, and i think also that his takedown hasnt translated very well, i think that is what the odds represent, a bad style matchup. As bad as anthony johnson...i dont know, how fast can phil davies turn around? he just lost in a striking battle and may do so again

bjpenn85

last years

bjpenn85

Betting on phil is to bet on a guy that cant take the fight to the ground and has 0 power against a guy that can strike and probably can withstand takedowns, youre banking on a split decision win, good luck with that.
    Points Awarded:

marzwoody gave bjpenn85 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Betting on phil is to bet on a guy that cant take the fight to the ground and has 0 power against a guy that can strike and probably can withstand takedowns, youre banking on a split decision win, good luck with that.
    betting on GT is betting on a guy with questionable cardio, who has no explosiveness or athletecism to speak on and who basicly fights like Rampage Jackson (but with a black belt on the ground) Not to mention being 34, did his whole camp out of some offshoot ATT facility 'at home' and neglected surgery after Jon Jones turned his labrum to swizz-cheese.

good luck with that.

(See two can play at this game)

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2428

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    haha, why do you bring this up?

well if you wanna know the truth about that, there's a good chance there was something more being channeled through your spirit. I personally stay away from most drugs these days so that I talk and walk with as much natural alertness as I can. Because the problem is psychedelics can let in light ,as well as a stainful Dark energy that you won't even recognize after your trip until it's too late.

I'd rather channel my consciousness soberly through something more powerful than any drug. It's not easy though and it's actually very painful.

But if you want a concoction of psychedelic truth , I'd direct you towards 14 mgs 2ce, 2 grams of well cultivated Mushrooms and a spalsh of methylone. But that concoction there aint for the faint of heart or for frail minded cretens' and without a strong mind you will be left gripping your pillow until

People like to convince others that their minds are strong, or even worse, that they're sane, but I can see just how close the majority of people are to cracking and it's not funny to me and it's not something I take joy in seeing most people suffer through
    Tell me more...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I actually think Glover Tex moves better with his boxing then Rumble Johnson does - so in turn he should have better success standing against Phil Davis.. Glover probably has better wrestling and TD defense then Rumble Johnson also.. All this factors in for Glover Tex beating Phil Davis's arse in Brazil..

Couldn't pay me to bet on Phil Davis going into this one.... Glover in a rebound fight on home turf is the call..

Mr. Wonderful isn't that wonderful... I've made up mind on this scrap and the jury is out...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-23-14 at 04:38 PM.

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I actually think Glover Tex moves better with his boxing then Rumble Johnson does - so in turn he should have better success standing against Phil Davis.. Glover probably has better wrestling and TD defense then Rumble Johnson also.. All this factors in for Glover Tex beating Phil Davis's arse in Brazil..

Couldn't pay me to bet on Phil Davis going into this one.... Glover in a rebound fight on home turf is the call..

Mr. Wonderful isn't that wonderful... I've made up mind on this scrap and the jury is out...
    Only caveat being that the reason AJ had such great success against Davis wasn't his boxing. It was because he could match (and top) hm in terms of explosiveness and athletic ability. GT has none of this going for him against Davis. Not to mention GT having less then stellar cardio.

bjpenn85

Sure, he isnt perfect. But were comparing him to phil davies who cant really use is explosiveness or athletic abilities to beat high level talent, despite being young and fit. I think thats problematic, you just bet phil davis and see how it turns out, while im betting on a guy that went five rounds with jon jones, the best fighter of all times.

bjpenn85

but good enough cardio to go five rounds with jones, where are your logic sense dude? who doesnt get tired of fighting jon jones. Can you name someone?

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Phil Davids may lose this grappling contest.

plekz

but good enough cardio to go five rounds with jones, where are your logic sense dude? who doesnt get tired of fighting jon jones. Can you name someone?
    Have a look at his Bader fight. That's just one example. I also want to know how GT closes the distance with Davis, i also wouldn't rate GT very highly based on his Jon Jones performance where he was made to look like trash for 25 minutes while Jon Jones basicly toyed and sparred with him. Davis is good at winning rounds against fighters who have a tendency to become very predictable, and it's hard to not see value in his line based on that.

GT's chances of KO/TKO'ing Davis are not great, i can't remember Davis even being rocked or stanky legged, and GT's chances of subbing him are likely to be even smaller. Any kind of bet here for safety should be going on a distance prop, with the next choice being the value in Davis line.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Only caveat being that the reason AJ had such great success against Davis wasn't his boxing. It was because he could match (and top) hm in terms of explosiveness and athletic ability. GT has none of this going for him against Davis. Not to mention GT having less then stellar cardio.
    Glover isn't a fish out of water against explosive guys.. He simply just knocks them out of the box early on... Fairly explosive guys like Ryan Bader, James Ta Huna, Marvin "the beast" Eastman all went to sleep in a matter of a seconds fighting Glover Tex.. Even Rampage Jackson had no answer for Glover Tex..

Jon Jones is the only guy to expose Glover in the way you are suggesting. Phil Davis isn't Jon Jones..

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Glover-Teixeira-4655

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Sure, he isnt perfect. But were comparing him to phil davies who cant really use is explosiveness or athletic abilities to beat high level talent, despite being young and fit. I think thats problematic, you just bet phil davis and see how it turns out, while im betting on a guy that went five rounds with jon jones, the best fighter of all times.
    This!!!!!

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Glover isn't a fish out of water against explosive guys.. He simply just knocks them out of the box early on... Fairly explosive guys like Ryan Bader, James Ta Huna, Marvin "the beast" Eastman all went to sleep in a matter of a seconds fighting Glover Tex.. Even Rampage Jackson had no answer for Glover Tex..
    Bader also hurt GT badly, in a fight where GT looked gassed before he managed to capitalize on Baders non-existant striking defense. (not even gonna comment on the other two who are tomatosoup can territory) And Rampage has pretty much been done for most of his UFC teneure (he most definetly was when Tex fought him) not to mention Tex and Rampage being virtually the same fighter except that GT has a blackbelt.

There is virtually ZERO value in betting Tex straight, go back and look at the type of shots Davis have absorbed without ever so much as looking hurt or vobbled. He's also very good at avoiding submission attempts. Davis isn't likely to sub or ko/tko Tex either.

So just explain to me based on this why you would bet even a cent on Tex line, when you can just grab yourself a decision prop instead? OR you take the coinflip value in Davis line.

One final thing, the injury Jon Jones gave GT is the type of thing that could very well hinder him for the rest of his career, where it'll separate again when GT throws. See the same type of warnings here as i did when Dylan Andrews was going to fight Hester.
    Last edited by plekz; 10-23-14 at 05:06 PM.

Sacrelicious

I think Phil Davids may lose this match of fisticuffs.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

What exactly do you mean by athletic ability? isn't Glover an athete who fought his last fight against the champ? he's a big strong guy probably the strongest in his weight class, this athleticism argument makes no sense to me.

Lets just call it what it is, your just hoping Davis can takedown Glover and get a split dec otherwise Glover will beat him up / knock him out standing.

Sacrelicious

I have a great deal of difficulty seeing how Phil Davids would win this kickfighting battle every time.

marzwoody

Have a look at his Bader fight. That's just one example. I also want to know how GT closes the distance with Davis, i also wouldn't rate GT very highly based on his Jon Jones performance where he was made to look like trash for 25 minutes while Jon Jones basicly toyed and sparred with him. Davis is good at winning rounds against fighters who have a tendency to become very predictable, and it's hard to not see value in his line based on that.

GT's chances of KO/TKO'ing Davis are not great, i can't remember Davis even being rocked or stanky legged, and GT's chances of subbing him are likely to be even smaller. Any kind of bet here for safety should be going on a distance prop, with the next choice being the value in Davis line.
    He walks forward. Glover throws kicks and more punching variations then Davis. he's not some one dimensional striker. Davis will try and use his length the whole fight but Glover will be aggressive.

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    What exactly do you mean by athletic ability? isn't Glover an athete who fought his last fight against the champ? he's a big strong guy probably the strongest in his weight class, this athleticism argument makes no sense to me.

Lets just call it what it is, your just hoping Davis can takedown Glover and get a split dec otherwise Glover will beat him up / knock him out standing.
    How could one not understand what natural athletic ability is? Let me rephrase then, the reason why AJ & Rashad had such success against Davis standing is because they are very light & fast on their feet, and had an easy time closing the distance and creating scrambles for takedowns when Davis shot in. GT is the exact opposite of this, he walks heavy, isn't very light on his feet at all and pretty much just tries to box guys into a corner that allows him to trade in the pocket with them or initiate clinch based takedowns.

And stop bringing up the Jon Jones fight, i rate GT ZERO for going in against JJ and looking like a helpless chump for five rounds where the only thing he learned is that he'll never in a million years wear a belt at LHW in the UFC. And i highly question the comment that GT would be the strongest at LHW, nor that he in any dimension would have the most power either.

He walks forward. Glover throws kicks and more punching variations then Davis. he's not some one dimensional striker. Davis will try and use his length the whole fight but Glover will be aggressive.
    And Davis will be looking to circle on the outside, and he most definetly is faster then GT, so again how does GT close distance? And yes GT is a fairly one dimensional striker, (he'll occasionaly throw a kick here and there, but for the most part he just uses boxing, that's pretty much textbook one dimension) who have a tendency to become very repetetive with the combinations he throws. It's because of this that JJ had such an easy time reading and seeing everything GT threw coming from a mile away.
    Last edited by plekz; 10-23-14 at 05:25 PM.

marzwoody

You got dog goggles on. Rumble light on his feet lol. in that fight he walked forward and threw bombs. its not like he was prancing around the octagon. i look forward to hearing your walk anaysis on the next ufc card though. whether guys "walk heavy" or not.

Sacrelicious

Phil Davids will probably lose this best out of 5 arm wrestling contest.

areallycoolguy

How could one not understand what natural athletic ability is? Let me rephrase then, the reason why AJ & Rashad had such success against Davis standing is because they are very light & fast on their feet, and had an easy time closing the distance and creating scrambles for takedowns when Davis shot in. GT is the exact opposite of this, he walks heavy, isn't very light on his feet at all and pretty much just tries to box guys into a corner that allows him to trade in the pocket with them or initiate clinch based takedowns.

And stop bringing up the Jon Jones fight, i rate GT ZERO for going in against JJ and looking like a helpless chump for five rounds where the only thing he learned is that he'll never in a million years wear a belt at LHW in the UFC. And i highly question the comment that GT would be the strongest at LHW, nor that he in any dimension would have the most power either.

And Davis will be looking to circle on the outside, and he most definetly is faster then GT, so again how does GT close distance? And yes GT is a fairly one dimensional striker, (he'll occasionaly throw a kick here and there, but for the most part he just uses boxing, that's pretty much textbook one dimension) who have a tendency to become very repetetive with the combinations he throws. It's because of this that JJ had such an easy time reading and seeing everything GT threw coming from a mile away.
    thanks for these posts, saving me saying the same things...

speed is the most important thing in sports anyway.... phil will have big speed advantage, he's stronger, better technique, pretty sure a significant reach advantage, and glover is just not good enough. his game is one that could've worked for a top guy 5-6 years ago but not these days. he lacks power and cleverness, also injuries are accumulating for him

on top of that he comes forward habitually and constantly which davis loves.

areallycoolguy

You got dog goggles on. Rumble light on his feet lol. in that fight he walked forward and threw bombs. its not like he was prancing around the octagon. i look forward to hearing your walk anaysis on the next ufc card though. whether guys "walk heavy" or not.
    he moves a lot better than glover does. glover doesnt even appear to know much about basic movement, let alone want to do it

phil's footwork at times can be as bad as you're liable to see in the sport. he's a bit of a headcase and not that fundamentally sound on the feet, but GT will either open himself up for counter wrestling shots or be frozen on the outside with feints amid getting body kicked.

he could definitely take a decision by plodding forward and flailing his arms about, not doing too much but in front of the home crowd. definite possibility. but he's not gonna grapple with davis effectively, he'll avoid the grappling generally im sure. don't see him landing with consistency either.

bjpenn85

So on one hand youre counting out rampage, but overlook the improvement of bader? Thats exactly what i mean with your logic. If youre discrediting one fighter you will need to do so when you argument your own case,unless youre setting yourself up to biases, the worst crime you can commit as a bettor, or a human being.

bjpenn85

+200 shiet makes a fool of us all. When that being said, losing title fights does something with fighters mentality, very often that result in a drop in performance statistically, and in combination with phil davis getting steamrolled in his last fight you may have a significant mentality edge favouring phil davis, does this supposedly mentality edge trumf the discrepancy in skill in this matchup?

First 123456 ... Last