homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Maidana will give mayweather his toughest fight on saturday..

He wont beat money may but he'll push him to the edge. 2 years ago honest to God i predicted cotto would give money his toughest fight ever and he did. He bloodied may's nose and hit with good leather all night. May was up to the task though.

this sat, based on may's win in the first fight, i think he'll be overconfident and take the fight a bit too lightly. I think a few of maidanas overhand rights will connect and he'll wobble may. Although i think may will get the decision, it might be a bit controversial as many will think maidana landed better shots. May gets it done but shows chinks in the armor

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Money gets knocked out cold this time around.

Just like roy jones.

One of those huge punches will end up connecting perfectly this time.

You heard it here first.

homie1975

If this was a football game, may at -900 is what like a 14.5 pt fave? Maidana covers the 14.5 pts easy but unfortunately boxing is moneyline driven

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

eventually everyone loses, I will roll the dice on Maidana by KO, TKO or Disqualification +700

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    eventually everyone loses, I will roll the dice on Maidana by KO, TKO or Disqualification +700
    I like that

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Betting against Mayweather is fools Gold , dude is the best ever. 47-0.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol, another floyd fight, another thread of people saying this time.. this time it will be different

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    lol, another floyd fight, another thread of people saying this time.. this time it will be different
    they are right this time brooks. No one gave Maidana a chance the first time. Said he had cinder blocks for feet. The dude won 4 rounds then gassed out. He took Mayweather's movement away and answered Mayweather's precision with volume.

Mayweather's shoulder roll is based on text book straight punching. His defense does not work well with a loopy puncher who is unorthodox. Ariza is gone and Maidana has a full camp with the best trainer. No it's not freddy Roach. Garcia will go down as the best trainer of all time.

Maidana wins and it wont even be tough. This is his third straight fight against the shoulder roll and he already said Broner hit him harder.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you may be smarter than you put on brooks....got some good laughs in this thread i'll eat my shoe if a latino beats Floyd... any of them i'll eat both shoes on youtube and that's my word....ps unclechael gets it

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

did maidana win a round after the 4th in the 1st fight? maybe 1 .. expect more of the same domination from floyd, boys

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

one judge had it a draw...that blind motherfukker or whatever causes you to see a fight that wasn't even close the last 2/3s to be a draw

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

fight is rigged
    fair fight Mayweather loses

HE cannot lose ..kills boxing

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

mayweather by decision, like an 8 game streak, sorry 6 outta 7 actually, no way he loses if it makes the judges

brooks85

I'm more interested in floyd's next matchup. I remember he said he had a surprise, it's in May next year.

KingofKings
    KingofKings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Mayweather via 12 Dec

homie1975

i'm a boxing fanatic since 1988, i have only predicted TWICE that may is in for a very tough fight, and that was may of 2012 vs cotto and now in Sept 2014 vs maidana.

IF there is a time, IF, then this is it. it has the hallmarks. first time he's had a rematch in 12 years, and this maidana cat throws punches from all angles that are hard to detect, which is why may got caught several times in their first fight.

again, i am not betting maidana but if this was a football game, maidana covers the spread EASY

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    i'm a boxing fanatic since 1988, i have only predicted TWICE that may is in for a very tough fight, and that was may of 2012 vs cotto and now in Sept 2014 vs maidana.

IF there is a time, IF, then this is it. it has the hallmarks. first time he's had a rematch in 12 years, and this maidana cat throws punches from all angles that are hard to detect, which is why may got caught several times in their first fight.

again, i am not betting maidana but if this was a football game, maidana covers the spread EASY
    Maidana +600 is the bet i a making.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I think you may be smarter than you put on brooks....got some good laughs in this thread i'll eat my shoe if a latino beats Floyd... any of them i'll eat both shoes on youtube and that's my word....ps unclechael gets it

I don't have to do much. People just check out my avatar from when I was a kid, I throw in a funny quote from a tv show then they do the rest of the work. Just as I planned.
    Last edited by brooks85; 09-09-14 at 11:12 AM.

brooks85

im not a big fan of value bets, I just like to win baby. So the obvious bet is floyd by decision. Worst thing that could happen is a repeat in the ortiz fight, other than that, nothing to worry about.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    did maidana win a round after the 4th in the 1st fight? maybe 1 .. expect more of the same domination from floyd, boys

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Yeah, think I'll watch it since it's free on tv here in Germany, but expecting another snoozefest tbh....

raydog

im not a big fan of value bets, I just like to win baby. So the obvious bet is floyd by decision. Worst thing that could happen is a repeat in the ortiz fight, other than that, nothing to worry about.
    the floyd opener got hit anyways (in other words, if there ever was any value on maidana, its long gone)... the people that see "value" (from their gut) in maidana, dont have a clue how to figure value and telling them that their gut has no clue what value is, only makes them mad... its an eye roller, to say the least

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    the floyd opener got hit anyways (in other words, if there ever was any value on maidana, its long gone)... the people that see "value" (from their gut) in maidana, dont have a clue how to figure value and telling them that their gut has no clue what value is, only makes them mad... its an eye roller, to say the least
    Maidana has a very good shot to win. Anyone with a clue about the sport can tell you that.

homie1975

Taking floyd to the brink in terms of pushing him closer to defeat than he's ever been is one thing but actually beating him by stoppage or on the cards is entirely another. One need not bet to make a sound prediction. All I'm saying is that subjectively speaking I expect this to be the toughest fight off his career

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    2 out of 3 give Maidana the 12. Raydog has no idea about boxing. Not even a clue.

raydog

yes, im clueless... completely he wins 117/111 ... 116/112 ... and the clueless one calls it a draw... yeah , i got no idea what im talking about... so i was off and floyd actually lost 2 rds after the 4th... i forgot how good he was in the 2nd... the fight was never close and this one wont be either... go ahead, bet maidana at his highest price because you think there is "value" now ... i can only lead you to the water, son...

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Cotto and Maidana were not Mayweather's toughest fights but if people want to buy into Showtime selling PPV hype then so be it. Mayweather's toughest fight was JLC I and he won the second fight convincingly because he adjusts like all great athletes do. The sad part is people are calling the Cotto fight and the Maidana fight close when in reality they were clear cut decisions. By Floyd's standards they were close but Mayweather was the obvious winner in both unless you're in denial. The smart money is Floyd by UD at +115.
    Last edited by JerseyRobby; 09-09-14 at 07:38 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KingofKings

JerseyRobby

If this was a football game, may at -900 is what like a 14.5 pt fave? Maidana covers the 14.5 pts easy but unfortunately boxing is moneyline driven
    If you think that take the point spread it's 16.5.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    Cotto and Maidana were not Mayweather's toughest fights but if people want to buy into Showtime selling PPV hype then so be it. Mayweather's toughest fight was JLC I and he won the second fight convincingly because he adjusts like all great athletes do. The sad part is people are calling the Cotto fight and the Maidana fight close when in reality they were clear cut decisions. By Floyd's standards they were close but Mayweather was the obvious winner in both unless you're in denial. The smart money is Floyd by UD at +115.
    i'm not buying into showtime hype - i'm buying into what my eyes showed me. 26 yrs of watching and loving boxing, dude. i'm no chump.

please name two other fights where mayweather took as many power shots as he did vs cotto and maidana. i watched BOTH jlc fights in 2002 and he did not take nearly as many power shots then as he did vs cotto and chino.

i'll take your answer off the air.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Mayweather's toughest fight is going to be against ex-gf.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Mayweather's toughest fight is going to be against ex-gf.
    Rofl

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Wait, am I correct, that you guys have to pay ~65$ for this fight? While we in Germany are getting it for free (all 4 fights)?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Suckers pay for fights and go to fight

All juiced up in drugged out people

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Wait, am I correct, that you guys have to pay ~65$ for this fight? While we in Germany are getting it for free (all 4 fights)?
    If purchased in high definition it's 75 bucks

JerseyRobby

i'm not buying into showtime hype - i'm buying into what my eyes showed me. 26 yrs of watching and loving boxing, dude. i'm no chump.

please name two other fights where mayweather took as many power shots as he did vs cotto and maidana. i watched BOTH jlc fights in 2002 and he did not take nearly as many power shots then as he did vs cotto and chino.

i'll take your answer off the air.
    Anybody who thinks Maidana or Cotto were closer fights doesn't know shit about boxing. On the air off the air or wherever you look silly with that comment.

12 Last