Quote Originally Posted by PunisherIND View Post
    haha mark rippletoe. good one.
    http://wvpowerlifting.com/Historical...81002272_l.jpg

PunisherIND
    myles jewry
    PunisherIND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9625

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    black dude looks like he wants a piece of dat ass.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    you should post a picture of yourself to show the "perfect" specimen that you are, because to me from reading your posts it just seems like your a very negative and bitter person whos unhappy with there position in life.
    Lol, look who is talking. You're already lashing out at me for jokes. MD raped you so much on this board you have PTSD.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

black dude looks like he wants a piece of dat ass.
    He wants to ripple that toe.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

You really don't need to target in the beginning stages. Hitting that nervous system as a beginner is going to encourage growth all over, especially at his age.
    this guy already said that pic was him before lifting. I figured he hasnt been just eating cheetos. But who knows. I really dont care.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    Lol, look who is talking. You're already lashing out at me for jokes. MD raped you so much on this board you have PTSD.
    Saying someones looking for private information about me (even though i dont have private info online) isnt my idea of jokes man.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

Saying someones looking for private information about me (even though i dont have private info online) isnt my idea of jokes man.
    that wasnt a joke. That is real. MD has posted your private shit. I dont know why you're angry at me. But go ahead man. Roid rage.

marzwoody

You really don't need to target in the beginning stages. Hitting that nervous system as a beginner is going to encourage growth all over, especially at his age.
    I'm not unhealthy. i used to be. now i do work then walk 45 minutes back home. i have cardio for dayyzzzz the diet is not there for me though. i flip flop, take vitamins and also eat crap and drink fizzy drinks.

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

He wants to ripple that toe.

moretti
    moretti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4822

Figure out calories you need to maintain your current weight and add about 300 calories a day to that. Make your macros about .9 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight,[ fill up the rest with carbs and good fats.]

Stick to a big compound exercise program, either Mark Rippletoe's starting strength, Stronglifts 5x5, something like that. Build up your base strength. Your nervous system will be so shocked by doing squats that you don't really need to do a million bicep curls or garbage like that you're going to grow.

Basic program would be something like, workout 3 days/wk alternating between Day A and Day B

A:
    Squats
    Deadlift
    Overhead Press
    +Chinups
    +Core/Abs

B:
    Squats
    Bench Press
    Rows
    +Dips
    +Core/Abs

5 sets of 5 reps of each, 3 minutes between sets, with loads of warmup sets. For example, for my Benches right now, I do a set at 45, a set at 75, a set at 105, a set at 135 and then my work sets (5 more of 5 reps each), then I add 5 pounds to each session until I start to fail.

I've had good results with it so far.
    Edited Nunyas Post.
    Creatine is not necessary, especially in the early stages of your lifting career.
    Protein-Shakes are pretty useful if you dont reach your 1.8-2.5g/kg protein because youre lazy.
    Theyre not necessary though if you eat enough protein with regular meals.
    If you claim to be "ectomorph" - use a food-diary where you list exactly what your caloric intake is.
    Think thats all for now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: marzwoody

marzwoody

that wasnt a joke. That is real. MD has posted your private shit. I dont know why you're angry at me. But go ahead man. Roid rage.
    i could care less at this point, i have nothing to prove to anyone. your losing it man first you edit all those posts the other day because you got pissed off. now your pretty much pushing away the only person who has been consistently nice to you on here. cant help but feel sorry for you.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I'm not unhealthy. i used to be. now i do work then walk 45 minutes back home. i have cardio for dayyzzzz the diet is not there for me though. i flip flop, take vitamins and also eat crap and drink fizzy drinks.
    Not saying you're unhealthy, just saying a lot of beginners want to do a bunch of curls and hit this muscle and that muscle, its just not really necessary. Doing squats you basically hit every muscle between your feet and neck, your whole system gets overloaded and responds by releasing hormones, you just have to eat to make sure you put on the bulk your body wants to.

I don't buy all the hardgainer shit. I lifted in highschool pretty seriously, but I was a vegetarian, and my routine was inconsistent. Nothing much happened and I chalked it up to being a hardgainer. Now doing it right, 20 years later I'm having really good results, gotta have those calories and you have to have progressive resistance. You have to give your body the reason to respond to stimulus, if you just lift the same kettlebell everyday, your body will get strong enough to lift that every day and then stop, gotta keep hitting it with new and harder challenges.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

i could care less at this point, i have nothing to prove to anyone. your losing it man first you edit all those posts the other day because you got pissed off. now your pretty much pushing away the only person who has been consistently nice to you on here. cant help but feel sorry for you.
    Uh you said my wife looked my sister, when have you've been "nice?" I dont really care about pushing you away. Never were your friend to begin with. You add nothing to the board. Have you once posted a original thought or won a bet or talked gambling theory? You're spam. Sac's ironic threads have 10x the content of your entire posting career.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps

marzwoody

Uh you said my wife looked my sister, when have you've been "nice?" I dont really care about pushing you away. Never were your friend to begin with. You add nothing to the board. Have you once posted a original thought or won a bet or talked gambling theory? You're spam. Sac's ironic threads have 10x the content of your entire posting career.
    Thats funny. this is ridiculous. not gonna be your sparring partner online. you have nothing to add to this thread or even any input so move along.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

^^ I almost shit me pants... Laughing... Keyboard is on the war path..It's payback time!!!!
    Attached Images  

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by moretti View Post
    Edited Nunyas Post.
    Creatine is not necessary, especially in the early stages of your lifting career.
    Protein-Shakes are pretty useful if you dont reach your 1.8-2.5g/kg protein because youre lazy.
    Theyre not necessary though if you eat enough protein with regular meals.
    If you claim to be "ectomorph" - use a food-diary where you list exactly what your caloric intake is.
    Think thats all for now.
    Definitely agree with adding core in there. I do core work every off day anyway, but mine is pretty specialized to what I'm doing.

Adding dips in to a beginner is pretty tough, IMO, I'd be surprised if he could do 1 at this point. Same with chins, he might have to start off doing negative reps.

moretti

I agree with the negative reps if hes not able to do a single full-range repetition.
    If he can do one, you should cluster, IMO.

Regarding the dips: I think in one of the earlier stronglifts 5x5 versions they wanted you to do
    3x Pushups until failure instead.

Pmoney
    Pmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Chins? How does one improve chin strength?

Aside from growing a beard (obviously).

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

I've been lifting for 9 months now, here's what I did, after doing tons of research.

Figure out calories you need to maintain your current weight and add about 300 calories a day to that. Make your macros about .9 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, try to keep your carbs relatively low, and eat the rest in good fats, fish oil, coconut oil, animal fats, avoid seed oils, etc.

Stick to a big compound exercise program, either Mark Rippletoe's starting strength, Stronglifts 5x5, something like that. Build up your base strength. Your nervous system will be so shocked by doing squats that you don't really need to do a million bicep curls or garbage like that you're going to grow.

Basic program would be something like, workout 3 days/wk alternating between Day A and Day B

A:
    Squats
    Bench Press
    Deadlift

B:
    Squats
    Standing Press
    Upright Rows

5 sets of 5 reps of each, 3 minutes between sets, with loads of warmup sets. For example, for my Benches right now, I do a set at 45, a set at 75, a set at 105, a set at 135 and then my work sets (5 more of 5 reps each), then I add 5 pounds to each session until I start to fail.

Drink a shake with creatine in it before and after your workouts, with your post workout eat some dextrose (smarties or whatever).

I've had good results with it so far.
    I'm sure that you have. But, Marz is NOT you. Marz does NOT have the discipline to follow through with a program. His genetics are sh!t. He will always be the guy to get sand kicked in his face at the beach. Even with gear he would still have problems bulking up.
    Last edited by Ron_Paul_2012; 08-14-14 at 05:36 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Chins? How does one improve chin strength?

Aside from growing a beard (obviously).
    image.jpg

PunisherIND
    myles jewry

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    hehe four horsefaces should have iron jaws!

Ron_Paul_2012

Ron_Paul_2012

Thats funny. this is ridiculous. not gonna be your sparring partner online. you have nothing to add to this thread or even any input so move along.
    Keyboard just KO'd your ass with the Rocky Dennis pic. I actually did LOL. Fair warning. Don't start something with Keyboard that you can NOT finish.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

no cheal sonnen shit brah!!!
    Did someone say no Chael posts? Got roids? Nothing better for gaining size, strength and muscle mass quickly..
    Attached Images  

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I'm sure that you have. But, Marz is NOT you. Marz does NOT have the discipline to follow through with a program. His genetics are sh!t. He will always be the guy to get sand kicked in his face at the beach. Even with gear he would still have problems bulking up.
    Your so fragile. trolling every comment i make because you "dislike" me because i might of left a comment you disliked months ago. ridiculous. not gonna go back and forth with u on the web. let me know when you decide to interact with me like a normal person, and drop the tough guy internet persona.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 08-14-14 at 06:16 PM.

marzwoody

Definitely agree with adding core in there. I do core work every off day anyway, but mine is pretty specialized to what I'm doing.

Adding dips in to a beginner is pretty tough, IMO, I'd be surprised if he could do 1 at this point. Same with chins, he might have to start off doing negative reps.
    Dips as in this? thats easy. could do all day.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Dips as in this? thats easy. could do all day.
    No, he means chest dips.

Tricep dips are harder that they look, doing 30 with proper form would be difficult for someone who is untrained. I do them occasionally with legs up on another bench and weight on my lap. They're not easy.

The dips we're talking about are these:

moretti

Had to laugh watching the video-guy, but yes, thats the kind of dips I was referring to.

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

Nunya, it's all about that 5/3/1 baby, get on that.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Crassus View Post
    Nunya, it's all about that 5/3/1 baby, get on that.
    I've looked into it, I modify a lot of stuff as is. Right now I'm trying to figure out my squats anyway, as my muscles can handle a lot more weight than my spine can; I'm trying bulgarian split squats with a barbell right now, but my knees aren't enjoying it. Anybody got any other ideas? My squats are lagged so far behind my other lifts its not even funny.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by moretti View Post
    Had to laugh watching the video-guy, but yes, thats the kind of dips I was referring to.
    You don't flex and make penetrate me eyes into the camera after every set?

Crassus
    Crassus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1058

I've looked into it, I modify a lot of stuff as is. Right now I'm trying to figure out my squats anyway, as my muscles can handle a lot more weight than my spine can; I'm trying bulgarian split squats with a barbell right now, but my knees aren't enjoying it. Anybody got any other ideas? My squats are lagged so far behind my other lifts its not even funny.
    That's bad news bears, everybody wants big squats. What about high rep squats like 20-rep squats? Should be light on your spine but it'll strengthen it up as time goes on. Sleeves for your knee's are also good.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

That was one of the two options I was going to try, going to low-weight high reps, or just doing single legs. Going to avoid doing sleeves though as my knees aren't bothered during normal squats anymore (they were at the beginning and then adapted), but they are doing the bulgarians, I think I may need to find the sweet spot in distance from the bench.

I try not to do any safety gear, grips, wraps, since the goal of the whole thing is to strenghten my body, rather than get the biggest beach muscles.

First 12345 Last