marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    There were certainly some mitigating circumstances, but with what happened in the Elkins, Poirier, and now McGregor fights, would you disagree with the assertion that he's a quitter until further notice? He certainly quit in the two stoppage losses, and pretty much gave up fighting back as soon as he gassed against Elkins, content to lose a decision. One "quit" moment, sure, but three?

He has always given me strong Erick Silva vibes.
    I would agree. he is just unreliable to bet on. i realize that now. congratulating conor after giving up in the first, isnt the kind of mindset i want a fighter to have for me to put money on them. i want to bet on fighters with winning mindsets only.

Its no sweat of my back, as i got my money back. just a fan of brandao is all.
    Last edited by marzwoody; 07-20-14 at 03:27 PM.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Because he missed weight, was involved in a car crash, and was genuinely in a bad place going into that fight. and if you paid attention more to MMA you would know this.
    So what? Most fighters don't quit in fights because they had bad circumstances going into the fight. Either you have a quitters mindset or you don't. He has done the same thing in some of his earlier fights as well. Best example of a front runner. Very good offensively but if things doesn't go his way he shuts down. Thought he might have turned a corner in the Bermudez fight where he was almost KO'ed early, but alas.
    Though it was nice to see him not get drawn in by Mcg's head games, and threatening to stab him and shit. Though his interviews was very telling, the situation definitely got to him, and i think he was defeated going into the fight.

And honestly i think Brandao is much more of a quitter than Erick Silva, that guy just has shit cardio - but he took a serious beating against both Fitch and Brown and kept soldiering on. Brandao just lays down after a couple of solid shots.
    Last edited by mirinquads; 07-20-14 at 06:02 PM.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah Silva is very different

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ I agree. wasent me that said silva had no heart.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

I didn't say that Silva had no heart, just that he's similar to Diego in the sense that he's an unbelievable killer when he's winning and a helpless bum when he's losing. Against Fitch, he visibly quit at the end of R2 when he went back to his corner and just collapsed to the ground, and then spent almost the entire third round mounted, eating shot after shot while doing nothing. One of the worst non-stoppages ever.

He has more heart than Brandao, for sure. He quit in that Brown fight, but fair dues to him for lasting as long as he did. Sometimes you have to quit; not everyone who quits is a quitter, similarly to how not everyone who lies is a liar.

You know who has a shit-ton of heart but is focking terrible? Francisco Rivera. People don't even seem to understand how much effort and determination goes into every win he gets, it's all heart and haymakers. The guy almost died of exhaustion KOing George Roop.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Him talking about betting was insane IMO.....I mean HOLY SHIT....did he really say that...just WOW UFC doesn't even want to talk about it lol Pete Rose of MMA

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Ken Shamrock vs Rich Franklin looked shady.

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Ken Shamrock vs Rich Franklin looked shady.
    No it didnt, Shammy went for a slighting ankle lock, it just looked weird because Rich punched right as it happened. If he was trying to take a dive, why would he spin into a takedown right after the 'knockdown'?

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    No it didnt, Shammy went for a slighting ankle lock, it just looked weird because Rich punched right as it happened. If he was trying to take a dive, why would he spin into a takedown right after the 'knockdown'?
    uh oh, don't tell thor that but yeah, that is what actually happened

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Not UFC related but when Kimbo fought Seth, he was a huge favorite and it seemed like he took a dive, he probably won a lot of money betting against himself as he was overly hyped at one time.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

100% man....he is game enough to get flat KO'D for $$....
    Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Not UFC related but when Kimbo fought Seth, he was a huge favorite and it seemed like he took a dive, he probably won a lot of money betting against himself as he was overly hyped at one time.

First 12