FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I use both, and it's different. 365 often (but not always) offers props between rounds, but the prices vary significantly from Bookmaker's. It's a good idea to keep both, between them and 5D you get some amazing opportunities.

Clearly don't know what? I'm confused by what you're saying here. Are you suggesting that 365 will lower your limits after resetting the line if you rebet it?
    Progressively more...

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    I havent checked in a while nor am I a 5k bettor. Just curious.

But i think you are right. I think its depending upon the event.
    Indeed. Limits vary wildly between events, seemingly at random. I remember distinctly being allowed to bet $2500 on 5D on a line recently. I think it may have been Mousasi? I remember posting about it, even the undercard fights let me get down $1000+ on that card, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I definitely tweeted about it, I remember asking Fight Ghost about it, might go back through my tweets to see what card it was.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

I havent bet live in a while.

Is Bookmaker back to live betting or just between rounds?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Indeed. Limits vary wildly between events, seemingly at random. I remember distinctly being allowed to bet $2500 on 5D on a line recently. I think it may have been Mousasi? I remember posting about it, even the undercard fights let me get down $1000+ on that card, if it's the one I'm thinking of. I definitely tweeted about it, I remember asking Fight Ghost about it, might go back through my tweets to see what card it was.
    I was referring the the $250 limit on live, not prefight.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

I havent bet live in a while.

Is Bookmaker back to live betting or just between rounds?
    Was back for one card, then got shitty again.

You a-holes killed it and I'll never forgive you.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    I was referring the the $250 limit on live, not prefight.
    They're heavily correlated, though. Higher pre-fight limits almost always indicates higher live limits, as books tend to bust out the higher limits for big fights.

Do you ever get higher limits than $250?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

They're heavily correlated, though. Higher pre-fight limits almost always indicates higher live limits, as books tend to bust out the higher limits for big fights.

Do you ever get higher limits than $250?
    I used to be limited to $250 across the board, $100 on reduced, now I can get $250 on reduced and $2500 on regular fight lines.

MD

I used to be limited to $250 across the board, $100 on reduced, now I can get $250 on reduced and $2500 on regular fight lines.
    You can't be serious? I can almost never get $2500 on MMA. I think I have standard limits for reduced, though, I can always get down $500 (unless that's not the standard limit, in which case, never mind ).

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

$250 on initial line releases, usually $500 the next day, $1000 - $2500 on fight day.

Can get $2500 on Noke, Bisping, Teixiera, Werdum right now, $500 on the rest.

MD

$250 on initial line releases, usually $500 the next day, $1000 - $2500 on fight day.

Can get $2500 on Noke, Bisping, Teixiera, Werdum right now, $500 on the rest.
    4/16/2014 9:00 PM UFC Fighting 1002 Michael Bisping* -175 vs Tim Kennedy
    Risking $1,750.00 To Win $1000.00

Well f-ck. I'm going to have to do something about this.

Did you bet Teixeira, by the way?

MD

Quote Originally Posted by FightFightFight View Post
    Progressively more...
    For the record, I went to Bet365 live support just now to ask them how they handle re-betting a line after it moved. I had intended to post the conversation and settle this, but all she could tell me was that it was "down to the discretion of their trading team" how much could be bet or rebet.

She did use one interesting word, though; "offer". She said that the trading team can offer you any maximum at their discretion should you try to rebet a line. I tried to get her to be more specific with hypotheticals but she said that she couldn't give any sort of exact figure, which implies that they just make it up as they go along.

Make of that what you will.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Well, guess I'm not getting MD-level respect these days.

One or more wagers were over your wager limit. These wager(s) have been lowered to your maximum allowed.

Wager
    4/16/2014 9:00 PM UFC Fighting 1001 Tim Kennedy* +155 vs Michael Bisping
    Risking $2,500.00 To Win $3,875.00

No, I haven't looked at that fight. I'm not even sure who Glover Teixiera is. Does he play for the Yankees?

MD

Well, guess I'm not getting MD-level respect these days.

One or more wagers were over your wager limit. These wager(s) have been lowered to your maximum allowed.

Wager
    4/16/2014 9:00 PM UFC Fighting 1001 Tim Kennedy* +155 vs Michael Bisping
    Risking $2,500.00 To Win $3,875.00
    Password: <input type="password" id="password" name="password" size="12" maxlength="10" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">
    <input type="submit" value="Continue" id="btnContinue" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <input type="button" value="Cancel" id="btnCancel" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">

No, I haven't looked at that fight. I'm not even sure who Glover Teixiera is.
    After seeing me open the confirmation box, they've probably already gotten ready to move the line.

Glover Teixeira bro, he's that guy who fights like Rampage, gasses quickly, and has a bum chin but that everyone thinks is elite for some reason.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

After seeing me open the confirmation box, they've probably already gotten ready to move the line.

Glover Teixeira bro, he's that guy who fights like Rampage, gasses quickly, and has a bum chin but that everyone thinks is elite for some reason.
    Doesn't sound familiar. What's his batting average?

FightFightFight

For the record, I went to Bet365 live support just now to ask them how they handle re-betting a line after it moved. I had intended to post the conversation and settle this, but all she could tell me was that it was "down to the discretion of their trading team" how much could be bet or rebet.

She did use one interesting word, though; "offer". She said that the trading team can offer you any maximum at their discretion should you try to rebet a line. I tried to get her to be more specific with hypotheticals but she said that she couldn't give any sort of exact figure, which implies that they just make it up as they go along.

Make of that what you will.
    Yeah. Probably had multiple staff running their UFC live betting, so they could handle everyone differently and at their discretion gave you 10k, and me a tenth of that. You know. I know. Loud.

FightFightFight

Nice effort there. About 20X as much as posting the ticket. Would sure make me look like an ass.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Not being an ass but you set yourself up for that one, and i have been gambling, won big on clottey vs mundine, parlayed nelson and guida, and have a parlay for pacman / bisping, just haven't been posting them on this forum.
    If you never posted it then it never happened. Sharing is caring Marz. So what plays do you have for Wednesday's card?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Mines same, probably cos im a butter-tooth and ur a plastic paddy

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Mines same, probably cos im a butter-tooth and ur a plastic paddy
    Seems like an odd reason for a limit difference.

Can anybody else bet $2500 on those? Pun?

MD

Yeah. Probably had multiple staff running their UFC live betting, so they could handle everyone differently and at their discretion gave you 10k, and me a tenth of that. You know. I know. Loud.
    Message them and ask them. Right now. I'll wait here. Also, not all of the 10K was on 365, dummy.

Nice effort there. About 20X as much as posting the ticket. Would sure make me look like an ass.
    You're doing a fine job of that yourself. It's almost too easy.

FightFightFight

You know. I know. End of story. Must be proud.

FightFightFight

Any perceptive person, or experienced bettor knows too.

FightFightFight

I apologize. Im grouchy today, and loudmouth braggartism is a weak spot. You can have your charade.

MD

You know. I know. End of story. Must be proud.
    Every logical point you've attempted to bring up (such as the "BS" of being able to bet $10K live) has been disproved by myself and others, so now you're just going to keep saying "I know"?

If you want to think I'm a liar, think I'm a liar. If something about my handicapping or general gambling tells you that I'm fraudulent or dishonest, then by all means follow your instincts. If my gambling doesn't speak for itself, I'm sure as hell not going to speak for it. I make it a point to be legitimate and honest, even on the internet, because I greatly dislike being lied to or mislead. If you get a different impression of me, that is regrettable, but I'm not going to waste time engaging in some sort of ego war with someone that clearly has a strongly-held belief that you have no intention of shifting. If that's how you feel, it's how you feel. You can have the last word if you want, I've got Dark Souls to play.
    Enjoy your evening.

I apologize. Im grouchy today, and loudmouth braggartism is a weak spot. You can have your charade.
    I noticed. I would like to point out, however, that (as always) it was not me who brought up the 10K figure, it's pretty much always Marz. I didn't even discuss it until I was directly asked about it by Beelze. Dunno how that makes me a loudmouth, but to each their own.

FightFightFight

All yours.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    If you never posted it then it never happened. Sharing is caring Marz. So what plays do you have for Wednesday's card?
    Small parlay olivier aubin mercier + sheldon wescott + bisping + poirer

Manny + bisping

That's it as of right now

Beelzebubzy

Every logical point you've attempted to bring up (such as the "BS" of being able to bet $10K live) has been disproved by myself and others, so now you're just going to keep saying "I know"?

If you want to think I'm a liar, think I'm a liar. If something about my handicapping or general gambling tells you that I'm fraudulent or dishonest, then by all means follow your instincts. If my gambling doesn't speak for itself, I'm sure as hell not going to speak for it. I make it a point to be legitimate and honest, even on the internet, because I greatly dislike being lied to or mislead. If you get a different impression of me, that is regrettable, but I'm not going to waste time engaging in some sort of ego war with someone that clearly has a strongly-held belief that you have no intention of shifting. If that's how you feel, it's how you feel. You can have the last word if you want, I've got Dark Souls to play.
    Enjoy your evening.

I noticed. I would like to point out, however, that (as always) it was not me who brought up the 10K figure, it's pretty much always Marz. I didn't even discuss it until I was directly asked about it by Beelze. Dunno how that makes me a loudmouth, but to each their own.
    Damn, didnt know I outed you.

Secondly, 10k may not be a large percentage of your bankroll which is something marzy should understand.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn, didnt know I outed you.

Secondly, 10k may not be a large percentage of your bankroll which is something marzy should understand.
    Well since he wrote the 10k loss made him feel psychically sick i'm guessing, 10k is a large part or his bankroll. but whatever i could really care less, but you shouldn't just assume these guys are some kind of ballers.

Beelzebubzy

Leslie Smith!!!!

Beelzebubzy

Among those weighing in were middleweight headliners Michael Bisping (186 pounds) and Tim Kennedy (186), who meet in the main event. The rivals had a heated face-off and exchanged words, though cooler heads prevailed before both left the stage.

The same couldn’t be said Akira Corassani (145) and Dustin Poirier (145). After both main-card featherweights made weight, Poirier initiated a very close face-off with Corassani, who clearly didn’t appreciate it. Poirier ultimately gave him a quick shove before officials separated the two fighters.

MD

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
    Well since he wrote the 10k loss made him feel psychically sick i'm guessing, 10k is a large part or his bankroll. but whatever i could really care less, but you shouldn't just assume these guys are some kind of ballers.
    Don't misquote me. Someone asked me how much I lost and I said that I lost enough to make most people on this board feel sick.

We're talking about a guy who brags about winning like £30, I don't think that attempting to tell him something rational like that would accomplish anything. The truth, as sad as it is, is that marz is too naturally unintelligent to understand gambling properly. I don't even mean that in an insulting way, it's just the truth. The guy is not smart, he's very, very unintelligent, which he could potentially overcome, but even worse, he doesn't have any learning potential because of his attitude and mindset. He doesn't understand that he doesn't understand anything, and doesn't have any learning potential as a result.

The guy's a lost cause. He got the short end of the stick, genetically, and his horrible attitude just compounds the issue.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Hahahhah

Skel
    Skel's Avatar Become A Pro!

"psychically sick"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MD

MD

Quote Originally Posted by Skel View Post
    "psychically sick"

Another d'oh to count.

First 123456 Last