THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

UFC 168: Weidman Vs Silva 2 (December 28, 2013)

Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET
    Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva
    Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate
    Josh Barnett vs. Travis Browne
    Fabricio Camoes vs. Jim Miller
    Diego Brandao vs. Dustin Poirier

Preliminary CARD FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET
    Uriah Hall vs. Chris Leben
    Michael Johnson vs. Gleison Tibau
    Manny Gamburyan vs. Dennis Siver
    Siyar Bahadurzada vs. John Howard

FaceBook, 7 p.m. ET
    William Macario vs. Bobby Voelker
    Estevan Payan vs. Robert Peralta

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Weidman +115,

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Weidman +115,
    This is the play. Weidman 5rnd decision.

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Quote Originally Posted by Mercersux View Post
    This is the play. Weidman 5rnd decision.
    I would play Weidman straight. He could KO or Sub. Silva. I already played Weidman straight @ +120.

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I would play Weidman straight. He could KO or Sub. Silva. I already played Weidman straight @ +120.
    Yeah i agree. I plan on playing Weidman straight. Maybe small play on decision. Just envision a grinder from Weidman.

mirinquads

Could see him decision Silva, especially now that Silva will respect his striking more.

Though the way he aggressively went for the knee bar, could see the sub as well.

He needs to watch out though, getting aggressive on the ground against Silva, not that I think he will get sloppy like Shael, but Spider aint no slouch on the ground.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Solid Solid Card...Leben Hall will be Grrrrrreat

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Will silva come to fight or show off?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Will silva come to fight or show off?
    Depends on if you bet him or not.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Solid Solid Card...Leben Hall will be Grrrrrreat
    One would think. Those guys last few fights have been pretty weak.

DoggyStyle
    Stackin' Stacks
    DoggyStyle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Silva all focking day! Going to the bankaroo tomorrow to get me a loan. Will be a happppy new year!

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Where do you guys think Weidman will close at?

(hopefully thats in English, besides ending the sentence in the preposition)

@kins
    @kins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1763

Been watching video on Patolino and Voelker.

Don't let the Lawler fight fool you, Bobby V is a solid fighter, good cardio and good chin (that Lawler high kick was perfect). Had a very close fight with Cote.

Patolino's still a little green, didn't manage his fight against Santos very well and looked really worn out in the 2nd when he was submitted.

I'm thinking Voelker should be in the -150 -180 range.

Sacrelicious
    Sacrelicious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    Where do you guys think Weidman will close at?

(hopefully thats in English, besides ending the sentence in the preposition)
    Evens.

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

No clue what happens in this fight. I think the odds are fairly on as is. My favorite bet is probably Weidman by UD +750 or just by dec. at +615.

Sacrelicious

Weidman straight, I'm on it hard.

Rubber Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Weidman straight, I'm on it hard.
    Admitted Silva nutgugger, but Anderson started stuffing TDs and was fooling around. All credit to Weidman for taking advantage and not only tagging him, but finishing it. But hard to really know what to expect in the 2nd.

Beelzebubzy

weidman was gassed when Silva started stuffing takedowns.

Sacrelicious

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
    weidman was gassed when Silva started stuffing takedowns.
    Likely adrenaline dump, I reckon.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    Likely adrenaline dump, I reckon.
    Agreed. Silva was more tired than Weidman though IMO. I have already put $600 on Weidman @ +130 (Bovada). Plan on adding $100 increments every time the line moves even better. Weidman straight. No props for me on this time around. Good luck ALL!

Ron_Paul_2012

With 2 weeks to study tape. I plan on crushing the books come 2013/12/28! Weidman vs Silva tape study complete. I like Weidman @ + $. Silva was trying to get in the head of Weidman with all of his antics. Silva knew he had to use psychology in order to defeat the younger Weidman. Weidman is now more experienced having gone through a MMA rite of passage vs Silva. He will come back stronger & with more confidence. Silva is coming back older but not better.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status
    Jim_Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone else take the attitude that Silva lost that first fight because he was clowning around and dropping his hands? Not taking anything away from Weidman who is clearly very dangerous. But if Silva comes back in this re-match angry and motivated to erase his embarrassing loss and show the world that he is still the greatest and if he fights dead serious with no playing around, does anyone besides me think he can stop Weidman? I'm going to at least put a small wager on Anderson getting not only the win but also a first or second round KO.

Ron_Paul_2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Gunn View Post
    Does anyone else take the attitude that Silva lost that first fight because he was clowning around and dropping his hands? Not taking anything away from Weidman who is clearly very dangerous. But if Silva comes back in this re-match angry and motivated to erase his embarrassing loss and show the world that he is still the greatest and if he fights dead serious with no playing around, does anyone besides me think he can stop Weidman? I'm going to at least put a small wager on Anderson getting not only the win but also a first or second round KO.
    Anderson did not take Weidman lightly. He put off fighting Weidman for as long as he could. Silva & his team seen Weidman as a greater threat than Sonnen. Weidman is an upgraded version of Sonnen. A much upgraded version. Silva with his hands down was not him goofing off. It is a tactic. All of Silva's action's are well thought out & practiced well before the fight. His antics are designed to slow down the pace of the fight. This is important when fighting a younger man full of vim.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

Anderson did not take Weidman lightly. He put off fighting Weidman for as long as he could. Silva & his team seen Weidman as a greater threat than Sonnen. Weidman is an upgraded version of Sonnen. A much upgraded version. Silva with his hands down was not him goofing off. It is a tactic. All of Silva's action's are well thought out & practiced well before the fight. His antics are designed to slow down the pace of the fight. This is important when fighting a younger man full of vim.
    I'd buy into that argument except that Anderson did this same clowning and dropping his hands around many times in previous fights against opponents who it appeared that he didn't have much to worry about. He even did it at Light Heavyweight against Forrest Griffin. He didn't do it against Chael Sonnen however because he knew he was going to get taken down quickly. I interpret his goofing around as an arrogance that he displayed because he was so much faster and better at striking that he could afford to show off like that.

Rubber Guard

I don't argue that Weidman is better than Sonnen. But Sonnen the first fight was taking ANderson down at will. The 2nd round of the Weidman fight, Chris couldn't take ANderson down. Anderson always clowns, and he says he practices it and that is part of his strategy, but Chris is also just the first guy to really go forward and capitalize. Chris didn't box him up though. Anderson was so far out of position and Chris clocked him in the wide open jaw. We can have Anderson haters all day say how Weidman creamed him and he will do it again. But I just don't understand how that fight can be the tell all. ANderson always clowns, but I doubt he just crosses his feet and puts his jaw right there for Chris again. I doubt he feels like getting KO'd again. Silva will no doubt fight smarter. He just finally ran into a guy with some power, some reach, and the mental strength to no be discouraged. But he served that KO up on a platter for him.

mirinquads

I'd buy into that argument except that Anderson did this same clowning and dropping his hands around many times in previous fights against opponents who it appeared that he didn't have much to worry about. He even did it at Light Heavyweight against Forrest Griffin. He didn't do it against Chael Sonnen however because he knew he was going to get taken down quickly. I interpret his goofing around as an arrogance that he displayed because he was so much faster and better at striking that he could afford to show off like that.
    Bet Silva then.

The Chalkkings assessment is correct.

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Bet Silva then.

The Chalkkings assessment is correct.
    Im with you jim gunn. Im with you.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

''I back, trust me guys, i back''

WOLF TICKETS

DONT BUY THEM.

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

No, I understand MMA.

Jim_Gunn
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    No, I understand MMA.
    So brave.

PaperTrail07

Agree but Leben will atleast push the action...Hall is more likely to make friends in the octagon lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    One would think. Those guys last few fights have been pretty weak.

PaperTrail07

In his past, Anderson would usually wait until the guy is weak/tired/sloppy before acting like a clown...

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    In his past, Anderson would usually wait until the guy is weak/tired/sloppy before acting like a clown...
    In the ''past'' his opponents didn't shoot and take him down when the bell rang nor did they hurt him badly on the ground either.

mirinquads

Im actually considering putting the rent money on Weidman.. Is this a bad thing?

Beelzebubzy

Im actually considering putting the rent money on Weidman.. Is this a bad thing?
    Gunshard says Bankroll management

nunya says quarter Kelly

bubzy says no

vaughany says arb

punisher says sue weidman if he loses
    Points Awarded:

omalley21 gave Beelzebubzy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

1234 ... Last