Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

In a way i do feel bad for them and understand why likes of Rhodes and Koch are going to adamantly defend the like of Duke and Cushman. Im sure there are plenty of teams out there that are even worse and more negligent and incompetent than them. Im sure some of the old school vale tudo type brazilian coaches are brutal

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Pat Barry...
    @mmamarine0311 @TeamRocBiggie @rosenamajunas @KarynBryant @MMAHEAT
    IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW OFTEN WE WERE ALL TOLD TO KICK YOUR ASS

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Pat Barry...
    @mmamarine0311 @TeamRocBiggie @rosenamajunas @KarynBryant @MMAHEAT
    IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW OFTEN WE WERE ALL TOLD TO KICK YOUR ASS
    Who is that directed towards? Mitrione?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

To Mike Rhodes

@TeamRocBiggie @rosenamajunas @KarynBryant @MMAHEAT
    YOU STILL DONT KNOW YOURE ROLL AT THE GYM AND THATS OK
    ITS HARD TO SEE, I KNOW

@TeamRocBiggie @rosenamajunas @KarynBryant @MMAHEAT @mmamarine0311
    ASK ANYBODY THERE IF THEY WERE EVER TOLD TO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF U

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

John Kavanagh...

@damohicks disturbing

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Pat "HD" Barry - Official Fan Page

1 hr ·

I only chimed in to support my friends Rose and Pat who where/are being called rats and liars about the training situations at the gym... I left there 4 years ago, and maybe it has changed from the admitted "chaotic" days when I was there.
    Maybe when I saw Matt Mitrione get green lighted to beat Ben Rothwell out of the gym, things have not happened like that again. Why would we want 3 quality heavyweights in the gym when 2 was enough? Makes no sense to me, but I am sure it did somehow. They all seemed to be good guys, but maybe
    Maybe some of the claims are exaggerated like Danny Boy Downes told MMAJunkie, but they did not seem exaggerated when he ranted to me for over 10 minutes at a UFC event about how much he hated Duke and I even heard my favorite quote about how Danny can't wait until everyone finds out that the "emperor has no clothes". Only a man of Danny's intelligence would use a Hans Christian Andersen reference to insult Duke.
    Maybe the coaches like Ryan, Chris, Tony, Aaron, Kyle, and others who were treated like shit and/or lied to all left before it was cleaned up. Maybe the bullying and hazing of fighters and just naive students has ended.
    Maybe I should not have left after Anthony Pettis pulled up to me and wrestling coach Chris Senner who were doing sprints outside the gym during a noon session and told me that Duke told him that he didn't think he needed me to help corner Pettis against Shane Roller, but Anthony argued to get me back in the corner, because he wanted my help to beat the grappler. Anthony asked if I could help get the training camp going, since the gym was so emotionally defeated at the time and no one was training. Even though I decided that this would be my last camp at Roufusport at that very moment, I still studied Roller, got the fighters and wrestlers to help out, and gave it my all to help him win.
    Maybe when I convinced a bunch of wrestler kids to help out Anthony fight Roller and Chico fight Chase Beebe (fight fell through) because we needed help working their takedown defense, maybe I should not have gotten upset when Duke walked in halfway through practice and yelled at the guys to start beating these guys up, even though we promised that we would take it easy on them because they were not fighters, and they were going out of their way to help out. I know that Chico apologized to the wrestler that he had to start beating him up to avoid the wrath of Duke, but maybe that has all changed...
    The truth is that I was truly hurt when I was in the ring after the Roller fight was ended by a triangle choke, and Duke told Anthony to thank Pat (who has was injured for the entire camp), Belcher, who lives in Mississippi and wasn't there for the camp, and Ben Askren who was there for 2 days for the camp, but not me. It was okay, because I was already checked out, but I would have at least liked a thank you. When I left, Pettis asked why I was leaving when he had finally earned the title shot, and I just replied sadly that "I have to". He nodded and knew I was emotionally done.
    Maybe those "chaotic" days are over... I hope so. I have blocked Duke and the gym from my life as much as possible. I still get messages from people saying that it has not changed, but maybe it has. Maybe it wasn't Rick Glenn who came to my gym last winter saying that he was sick of the bullying of the fighters there. Maybe it wasn't Chico who was looking for help in his last 3 UFC fights, because he had a falling out with Duke... I don't know most of the newer guys, but they all seem nice to me. I wish them the best. One of HIS associates said it best today to me "we deal with Duke because we need to, does anyone really like him?"
    I did not see the Dennis Munson Jr fight live... I am banned from his shows for "not respecting him". I heard plenty of horrible stories about the fight. I only saw the fight on Sunday morning, like everyone else, and I was horrified. I didn't think it was going to be as cut and dry as it was, but I hope justice will be served.
    I would never use this kid's death as a way to "stick it to Duke". Anything I said was purely in defense of Pat, Rose, and the countless testimonials that I have been seeing from other former members about the attitude at the gym. They are not rats or liars, just people who have been hurt. With that all said... I am done with this garbage. May this negative chapter in my life be finally over. It kinda feels good to get some of this stuff off my chest. Hopefully I never see or hear about Duke again.
    PS- If I disappear mysteriously, then you all know where to look

- Red Schafer

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

alanbelcherufcDuke is a great coach and has only had best intentions for the team and students over the years.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Duke Roufus responds to team members' allegations, as other fighters chime in

By: Ben Fowlkes November 17, 2014 5:15 pm

6.7k shares

TWEET

EMAIL

Duke Roufus

A Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story about the death of Roufusport amateur kickboxer Dennis Munson Jr. set off a firestorm of criticism aimed at head coach Duke Roufus this weekend, as former fighters such as UFC women’s strawweight Rose Namajunas and former UFC fighter Eric Schafer described a toxic atmosphere of abuse, both verbal and physical, at the Milwaukee gym that serves as the home to top fighters such as UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis, among others.
    Now Roufus is speaking out, telling MMAjunkie that he was surprised at the allegations that Namajunas, Schafer and others posted on social media and on The Underground Sunday night, in part because such accusations are rarely leveled at him in person.
    “You know, when I see Rose and (former UFC fighter) Pat Barry, they don’t seem disgruntled,” Roufus said. “They’re very nice to me. Pat asked me advice at the last Glory (kickboxing) event. Rose came and trained at our gym in spring. Eric Schafer, I know we’ve had some issues. I’ve tried to reach out ever since he left Roufusport, and he didn’t want to ever sit down and chat with me. It’s tough.”
    Schafer, who did not respond to requests to comment for this story, called Roufus a “bully, a liar and one of the worst people I have ever met” in a UG post supporting Namajunas’ allegations, likening Roufus to an abusive father whom his students couldn’t bring themselves to stand up to.
    “I have never been in a more toxic environment than when I was the head grappling coach and fighter at the gym,” Schafer wrote. “I saw teammate after teammate getting treated like sh-t. Guys being told to beat up lower level guys that were just trying to help out, UFC fighters being told to beat up other UFC level fighters so they would not come back, verbal abuse, violence, guys getting lied to about fights, etc. I have messages and conversations with almost everyone of his fighters from my days there; from his UFC stars to his coaching staff about how much they were mistreated. I will not out them, but they know the truth.”
    For his part, Roufus allowed that many of the fighters now speaking out were members of the team during a “chaotic time” for Roufusport. But things have changed considerably in the gym since then, he said. Hard sparring sessions may have been the norm then, Roufus claimed, but as the sport has evolved, so have his training methods.
    “I think they left in 2010,” Roufus said. “It’s 2014. If you look at the results of what the kids are doing right now, and just the evolution of MMA, things have changed. Back then, I don’t think we embraced strength and conditioning as much. We were trying to spar ourselves into shape. My philosophy now, four short years later, is completely opposite of that.”
    Pat Barry

He also countered that some of those fighters claiming to have witnessed bullying in the gym were perpetrators of it, saying, “I’ve personally seen Pat Barry low kick and liver shot Sergio Pettis as hard as he can, and I don’t believe in that style of training.”
    Barry also did not return repeated requests for comment, but according to other former team members, the physical toll of the training was only part of the problem. Several fighters who spoke to MMAjunkie on the condition of anonymity said that the main issue was verbal and psychological abuse in the gym. Fighters described seeing others berated for small mistakes during practice sessions, or verbally dressed down after losing fights.
    According to MMAjunkie contributor and former Roufusport fighter Danny Downes, some of those claims are exaggerated, and some might be the result of fighters having a poor reaction to the gruff communication style employed by Roufus and other coaches, such as Scott Cushman.
    Downes recalled his first fight in the WEC, which he lost via submission at the hand of Chris Horodecki after taking the bout on short notice. Afterward, he said, Roufus had some unkind words about his wrestling ability, and that stung.
    “But he was right; I did need to work on my wrestling,” Downes said. “Duke’s the kind of guy where, if you did a sh-tty job, he’ll tell you that you did a sh-tty job.”
    According to Downes, that criticism may have seemed out of line to some fighters, but a certain amount of unpleasant feedback may be necessary in a rough sport like MMA, even if it might have gone too far at Roufusport.
    “We hear a lot about positive reinforcement, but not usually the converse,” Downes said. “Fighting is about negative reinforcement. Not good at blocking a cross? Well, you just got punched in the face. Not doing so well at sparring? Then you hear about it. The trick is to find the balance, and oftentimes that balance was not met.”
    Other fighters said it went beyond just harsh criticism, with certain members being singled out again and again, which they said led to an atmosphere of fear and overwhelming negativity.
    Roufus didn’t deny that he could be hard on fighters on times, but he challenged the assertion that he did it out of meanness or the desire to abuse anyone.
    “It’s because, the nature of this business, if you go out there and you don’t perform well, you get cut,” Roufus said. “And who likes seeing their friends get fired? It’s hard to see that, to see them not do well at their job.”
    Rose Namajunas

But the allegations from Schafer, Namajunas and others describe something that goes beyond harsh criticism. In messages passed along on social media by Namajunas, people who claimed to have been members at Roufusport describe incidents that seem more like assault than training, from the targeting of certain team members to the daily humiliation of others.
    Roufus denied those claims and said he hadn’t held anyone back from leaving the team and pursuing their goals

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

A marine's story animated. Devastating. That channel is incredible and I highly recommend all of you check it out.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

very good.

check out this movie, very powerful https://twitter.com/kajakimovie
    Points Awarded:

MD gave Vaughany 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MD

I hadn't heard of that, I'll check it out. Cheers V.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I only heard about it at the weekend cos there are posters advertising it all over in the London Underground.

One of the main actors played John Snow's Night Watch homie Grenn in Game of Thrones!

MD

Yeah, I read that a little while ago. Few problems with Roufus's argument:

1) Talking about how nice of a guy you are does not invalidate any of the Hitleresque stories about you.
    2) The problems here have nothing to do with large-scale coaching issues (such as "sparring less often"), and everything to do with the personal side of coaching (such as "sparring less murderously.")
    3) Scott Cushman is still coaching at his gym. This means that Duke does not deem his actions serious enough to warrant his dismissal (though Duke did deem them serious enough to warrant covering them up.)

He is clearly a bully, as far as I'm concerned.
    Points Awarded:

omalley21 gave MD 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

marzwoody
    marzwoody's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. i read in another article Duke said Pat used to bully Sergio Pettis in training. first of all why is a HW sparring with such a lower weight class? and as a coach he knew this was happening and allowed this?

Just backs up Pat's earlier statement that he was told to spar with lower weight classe's and told to keep hitting when he stopped because he was hurting them.

Caught in a web of lies.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Problem is Roufus and the other Roufus MMA guys have turned this in to a personal vendetta thing now with those that have spoken out about the gym like Rose and Barry. Roufus' response in that article is about 90% about his character and gym principles and only a smidgen at the end is actually concerning the initial issue and most important thing which is the death of Derek Munson jr. Even Barry has realised this and posted on Facebook saying that all the other shiiit is secondary and that the focus should be on the Derek Munson situation - not on whether Fighter X once got bullied by Fighter Z

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Both Pat and Koch's chins are also smashes to shit. Seems like a pretty toxic environment to train in. I guess their only really good fighter is Anthony, and he's such a special talent he could flourish anywhere.
    Points Awarded:

omalley21 gave mirinquads 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Beelzebubzy, and marzwoody

Napes21
    Napes21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 992

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Both Pat and Koch's chins are also smashes to shit. Seems like a pretty toxic environment to train in. I guess their only really good fighter is Anthony, and he's such a special talent he could flourish anywhere.
    They have obviously turned Askren into a world class striker

MD

http://instagram.com/p/voU6aDrktQ/

Slim Shady would starch Ronda.

marzwoody

Here's a beautiful ballad about a man and the love for his girlfriends cat. song was released when Ron Paul was a young man. thought i would share.

MD

http://watchwrestling.ch/watch-wwe-s...mcmahon-12114/

McMahon on Austin's podcast, responding to Punk. Guy is Mr. Burns-levels of out of touch.

MD

mMa biggest sport in world reebok pay $70 million over 6 yr exclusive deal, Manchester United club football team get $ 1 billion over 3 yrs
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-28-15 at 10:49 AM. Reason: image does not exist

MD

Jordan Breen@jordanbreen <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
    Hypothetical: if Carlos Condit tumbles down the UFC rankings due to injury and inactivity, does he not make shit from Reebok for his return?
    Mookie Alexander@mookiealexander <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
    @jordanbreen Supposedly unranked fighters still get a cut but at a much lower tier.

https://twitter.com/ItsMikeFagan/sta...48962946396160

This uniform idea is terrible.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    mMa biggest sport in world reebok pay $70 million over 6 yr exclusive deal, Manchester United club football team get $ 1 billion over 3 yrs
    Huh? As far as im aware Man Utd had a deal with Nike for 13 years worth 350 million and tht expires next year. Then they will make 1.2billion over 10 years from Adidas

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Are you saying SuperCalo is not a good source? He has such interesting posts at evilyoshida.com

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Dunno he may be right, but Man Utd official website said differently! Jus seems he's embellished to support his argument!

MD

Dunno he may be right, but Man Utd official website said differently! Jus seems he's embellished to support his argument!
    Read his timeline.

Keyboard Warrior
    2160p 60fps
    Keyboard Warrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Read his timeline.
    read his posts on evilyoshida

Ron_Paul_2012
    Ron_Paul_2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3985

Yeah, I read that a little while ago. Few problems with Roufus's argument:

1) Talking about how nice of a guy you are does not invalidate any of the Hitleresque stories about you.
    2) The problems here have nothing to do with large-scale coaching issues (such as "sparring less often"), and everything to do with the personal side of coaching (such as "sparring less murderously.")
    3) Scott Cushman is still coaching at his gym. This means that Duke does not deem his actions serious enough to warrant his dismissal (though Duke did deem them serious enough to warrant covering them up.)

He is clearly a bully, as far as I'm concerned.
    I believe a lot of it is EGO when it comes to Duke. For someone who claims to have tripped many times it would seem that Duke still has much to learn. He seems like the kind of guy who goes into denial mode but after awhile comes out to face the truth. Hopefully Duke will come to terms with what has occurred in the past and learn.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Read his timeline.
    About the exchange rate?

marzwoody

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
    I believe a lot of it is EGO when it comes to Duke. For someone who claims to have tripped many times it would seem that Duke still has much to learn. He seems like the kind of guy who goes into denial mode but after awhile comes out to face the truth. Hopefully Duke will come to terms with what has occurred in the past and learn.
    I'm just glad you aren't calling anyone Plucky and telling us to keep our nose clean.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Ha yee they are good.

still dont understand where hes getting his figures from tho!

MD

Ha yee they are good.

still dont understand where hes getting his figures from tho!
    He pulled them out of thin air. He has a shtick.

MD

superCalo@superCalo <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1m1 minute ago</small>
    as per @acvaughan87 ManU adidas shirt deal £750 mil/10 yrs = UDS 1172 billion = $117 mil/yr club football team, uFc biggest sport in world

Jesus V, let it go.

First ... 79808182