gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

i do it because i'm good at it, not because it's a hobby. but it is a hobby, too, since i enjoy it and do it frequently.

clear?

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    You guys have a "bankroll" you play with, like a hobby. For me, it's my bread and butter.
    I like you, man, but this is pretty f-cking terrible right here. You have to accurately assess your risk of ruin if you're a gambler, and maintaining good bankroll management significantly reduces your risk of ruin. Having a bankroll isn't something that casuals do; maintaining good bankroll management is something that long-term winners do.

Even though I think some of the things you post (this, and "They're not, if you're the average person, but they are if you're me.") are pretty ridiculous, I think you're a good handicapper and I really have no issue with you as a poster either. If you really believe what you said about bankroll management, I hope you'll reconsider that in the near future. With even a slight edge you can beat MMA bookies significantly with very few swings, if you follow bankroll management. If you did things correctly, you'd have far less swings, and probably a lot more success, too. Consistent grinding is for long-term winners, swings of large profits and large losses caused by bad bankroll management are for casual players. I know you've done well doing things the way you have until now, but I hope you'll at least take my advice to heart. It's the difference between a lottery player and a player who's beating the game.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    I like you, man, but this is pretty f-cking terrible right here. You have to accurately assess your risk of ruin if you're a gambler, and maintaining good bankroll management significantly reduces your risk of ruin. Having a bankroll isn't something that casuals do; maintaining good bankroll management is something that long-term winners do.

Even though I think some of the things you post (this, and "They're not, if you're the average person, but they are if you're me.") are pretty ridiculous, I think you're a good handicapper and I really have no issue with you as a poster either. If you really believe what you said about bankroll management, I hope you'll reconsider that in the near future. With even a slight edge you can beat MMA bookies significantly with very few swings, if you follow bankroll management. If you did things correctly, you'd have far less swings, and probably a lot more success, too. Consistent grinding is for long-term winners, swings of large profits and large losses caused by bad bankroll management are for casual players. I know you've done well doing things the way you have until now, but I hope you'll at least take my advice to heart. It's the difference between a lottery player and a player who's beating the game.
    You clearly missed my point. I don't have a "bankroll" because life isn't free. I have to eat, pay bills, etc. I use my profits for that. You have a bankroll because you have money outside of your bankroll you can live off, making it more of a hobby. Sure, if I was making good money outside of gambling, I would have a bankroll and watch it grow, but I can't afford to do that.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    hmmm let's ignore that I had Wiman and you had Sass then!

Sass wasn't one of my main plays. I'm referring to plays we're both big on and on opposite sides of. Sass wasn't one of my main plays, and you weren't big on Wiman, either.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

A noble effort, but its not worth the time.

I've tried 25 times. I gave up.

Nothing on this earth will convince Gabe he is not the greatest handicapper on earth. And somehow being broke is testament to that fact.

He's a good guy, just let him live.

MD

You clearly missed my point. I don't have a "bankroll" because life isn't free. I have to eat, pay bills, etc. I use my profits for that. You have a bankroll because you have money outside of your bankroll you can live off, making it more of a hobby. Sure, if I was making good money outside of gambling, I would have a bankroll and watch it grow, but I can't afford to do that.
    My only sources of revenue for the past two years have been poker and sports betting. I only bet MMA now, and I took a break from poker months ago. Read some posts from that dww123 (probably got his name wrong) guy, he has a bankroll and still supports himself with his gambling.

Consider taking less money out of your profits, if you can, and instead making a more consistent bankroll to bet with. It'd be a good decision. I hope for your sake you find a way to stabilize your betting.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post

Nothing on this earth will convince Gabe he is not the greatest handicapper on earth. And somehow being broke is testament to that fact.

Good point, I'll leave him to his own devices. Just thought it was worth chiming in, as I hate to see a guy lose if it's preventable.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

Good point, I'll leave him to his own devices. Just thought it was worth chiming in, as I hate to see a guy lose if it's preventable.
    I personally love to watch em lose. They push the line the wrong way, I scoop up the profits.

You travel the tournament circuit at all?

MD

I personally love to watch em lose. They push the line the wrong way, I scoop up the profits.

You travel the tournament circuit at all?
    No, I played exclusively online. DoN's, then when I got frustrated with those, went back to cash games, which I haven't played in quite a few months. Titan poker locked me in with their security procedures so I couldn't withdraw, so I got frustrated and decided to stop playing for a while.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

No, I played exclusively online. DoN's, then when I got frustrated with those, went back to cash games, which I haven't played in quite a few months. Titan poker locked me in with their security procedures so I couldn't withdraw, so I got frustrated and decided to stop playing for a while.
    I like this dude. Its rare to see a new poster survive past a week and live to tell the tail. Welcome MD. Enjoy the humor
    Points Awarded:

MD gave Beelzebubzy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

On earth? Probably not. I went 12-4 this past weekend. Who here did better than that? You? With your Kingsbury play? LOL!

Being broke is a testament to that fact? WTF are you talking about, man? If it weren't for the money I made from this, I would starve. Not only am I not starving, but I'm having sushi meals, son!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get how you can look down on me as a capper when I consistently have GREAT nights. Not good nights, GREAT nights.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

My only sources of revenue for the past two years have been poker and sports betting. I only bet MMA now, and I took a break from poker months ago. Read some posts from that dww123 (probably got his name wrong) guy, he has a bankroll and still supports himself with his gambling.

Consider taking less money out of your profits, if you can, and instead making a more consistent bankroll to bet with. It'd be a good decision. I hope for your sake you find a way to stabilize your betting.

EDIT:

I can't take less money out, it's the only money I've got. Now, I'm making less, because I can't parlay MMA, anymore. Need to find a book that let's me.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

MD

I can't take less money out, it's the only money I've got. Now, I'm making less, because I can't parlay MMA, anymore. Need to find a book that let's me.
    Does your bookie accept bets mid-card, before the fights start?

If you want to parlay Travis Browne and Mike Pierce, both at -200 (hypothetically), you could put $100 on Pierce and then, if he wins, call your bookie and put $150 on Browne. Same amount of profit.

You should be able to do this on most sites, but I'm assuming it's different with local books.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

nfl [419] ten titans +205 200.00 usd / 410.00 usd

nfl [429] den broncos +230 100.00 usd / 230.00 usd

nfl [413] phi eagles +3½ -120 60.00 usd / 50.00 usd

nfl [418] ny giants -6½-170 (b+2) 85.00 usd / 50.00 usd

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Does your bookie accept bets mid-card, before the fights start?

If you want to parlay Travis Browne and Mike Pierce, both at -200 (hypothetically), you could put $100 on Pierce and then, if he wins, call your bookie and put $150 on Browne. Same amount of profit.

You should be able to do this on most sites, but I'm assuming it's different with local books.
    Don't need to call, they have websites.

If you look in my previous threads, you'll find that I made MANY parlays, not just one or two. I would make a lot of parlays, and on good nights, a majority of them would hit. Sometimes, all of them have hit. Turned $450 into $2,700 a couple months ago. ($3,150, if you include the initial the $450)

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Just put $50 into 5dimes

$7.00 $355.85 Pending 7 Team Parlay
    Pending 10/5/12 8:30pm UFC Fighting 1202 Josh Neer -280* vs Justin Edwards
    Pending 10/5/12 8:00pm UFC Fighting 1301 John Dodson -220* vs Jussier da Silva
    Pending 10/5/12 7:30pm UFC Fighting 1401 Jeremy Stephens -230* vs Yves Edwards
    Pending 10/5/12 6:00pm UFC Fighting 1702 Jacob Volkmann -185* vs Shane Roller
    Pending 10/5/12 5:30pm UFC Fighting 1801 Bart Palaszewski +170* vs Diego Nunes
    Pending 10/5/12 4:30pm UFC Fighting 1951 Marcus LeVesseur -120* vs Carlo Prater
    Pending 10/5/12 4:00pm UFC Fighting 1975 Aaron Simpson +140* vs Mike Pierce

MD

Don't need to call, they have websites.

If you look in my previous threads, you'll find that I made MANY parlays, not just one or two. I would make a lot of parlays, and on good nights, a majority of them would hit. Sometimes, all of them have hit. Turned $450 into $2,700 a couple months ago. ($3,150, if you include the initial the $450)
    So, why can't you do what I just suggested?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

So, why can't you do what I just suggested?
    I do pretty much do that. It's not the same as having multiple parlays.

MD

It's a bit more work, but it's exactly the same or better.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

UFC ON FX 5

#1) Jacob Volkmann -185
    > Shane Roller
    Feels too easy. I cap Volkmann closer to -500 than I do -200. Shouldn't have trouble taking Roller down, and controlling him for an easy 30-27 UD. I have a feeling he might submit a gassed Roller in the 3rd. We'll see. I'm taking him straight, not by decision.

#2) Jeremy Stephens -220 > Yves Edwards
    There is value in Stephens by KO. He got whooped by Cerrone, this is his bounce back fight. Should make it look easy. Worst case scenario, he wins a hard fought decision.

#3) Josh Neer -280 > Justin Edwards
    I think Justin might be related to Yves. Not sure. Anyway, both are going to lose. Neer is the better fighter, and has many paths to victory. He will probably take one, since he can't take two. I can't predict how he'll win, but he'll win.

too st0ned off the indica dominant kush my main russki defacto hooked me up with, i'll be back with the rest later...

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

haha great shout...Edu were u at?! Put it on the screen dump of Gabe sitting on the shitter as well!
    Post Gabe on shitter pic, and I'll get to work...

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    you gonna kick me, too?

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

On earth? Probably not. I went 12-4 this past weekend. Who here did better than that? You? With your Kingsbury play? LOL!

Being broke is a testament to that fact? WTF are you talking about, man? If it weren't for the money I made from this, I would starve. Not only am I not starving, but I'm having sushi meals, son!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get how you can look down on me as a capper when I consistently have GREAT nights. Not good nights, GREAT nights.

Oh no I lost on my kingsbury play. I lost literally 50 times more on NFL this week than Kingsbury. It'll be okay though.

Congrats on eating sushi. My house is paid for.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Oh no I lost on my kingsbury play. I lost literally 50 times more on NFL this week than Kingsbury. It'll be okay though.

Congrats on eating sushi. My house is paid for.
    Not putting you down, buddy, just saying it's crazy that you think I'm not any good at this, when you've seen how well I've been consistently doing since I've been here. Nurmagomedov and all...

MD

Not putting you down, buddy, just saying it's crazy that you think I'm not any good at this, when you've seen how well I've been consistently doing since I've been here. Nurmagomedov and all...
    I don't believe he's saying you're bad at it. I believe he's saying you have extremely large holes in your game which will almost certainly cost you in the long run.

Please don't tell me you bet on Nurmagomedov against Tibau. You may have won the bet, but it was a robbery, and most certainly the wrong side. I saw you complaining (rightfully so) about being robbed on your Ogle bet, so I hope that the Tibau fight isn't the one you're referring to.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I don't believe he's saying you're bad at it. I believe he's saying you have extremely large holes in your game which will almost certainly cost you in the long run.

Please don't tell me you bet on Nurmagomedov against Tibau. You may have won the bet, but it was a robbery, and most certainly the wrong side. I saw you complaining (rightfully so) about being robbed on your Ogle bet, so I hope that the Tibau fight isn't the one you're referring to.
    I had Nurma in that fight, and it was a just decision. He did enough to win, controlled Tibau... But I was referring to Nurma vs Shalorus, where he was a really big dog

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

That's another one to stick on Wannabet's meme!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Educ8d Degener8 View Post
    ha I'll have a look, I thinkk it was Defacto who posted it in past?

And these ones on the Wannabet meme....

"This isn't just a hobby for me, it's a skill."

"They're not, if you're the average person, but they are if you're me."

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

UFC ON FX 5

#1) Jacob Volkmann -185
    > Shane Roller
    Feels too easy. I cap Volkmann closer to -500 than I do -200. Shouldn't have trouble taking Roller down, and controlling him for an easy 30-27 UD. I have a feeling he might submit a gassed Roller in the 3rd. We'll see. I'm taking him straight, not by decision.

#2) Jeremy Stephens -220 > Yves Edwards
    There is value in Stephens by KO. He got whooped by Cerrone, this is his bounce back fight. Should make it look easy. Worst case scenario, he wins a hard fought decision.

#3) Josh Neer -280 > Justin Edwards
    I think Justin might be related to Yves. Not sure. Anyway, both are going to lose. Neer is the better fighter, and has many paths to victory. He will probably take one, since he can't take two. I can't predict how he'll win, but he'll win.

too st0ned off the indica dominant kush my main russki defacto hooked me up with, i'll be back with the rest later...
    Volkmann at -185 isn't a bad line to be fair, I expected him to end up at -250. Not playing Roller unless he hits +200 to +220 range.

Playing a "Out of the mean streets of Des Moines" double on Lil Heathen and The Dentist, pays out better than evens on sportbet.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

For the record, my sense of humor is very active when I say things like that.

DeFactoCrippler
    DEFACTO© SAVES IDIOTS AND GONZOIDS
    DeFactoCrippler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best I could do pal.

Points Awarded:

cheeese gave DeFactoCrippler 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Vaughany, NunyaBidness, and MMAbetMASTA

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

creepy russian with poor grammar/punctuation lol what a cliche.

nice to know they have photoshop in moskva.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by DeFactoCrippler View Post
    Best I could do pal.

lol that's actually kinda dope

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse

You may or may not be a solid handicapper. But as I've stated numerous times before, being a solid handicapper is the LEAST important factor in beating sports betting, behind line shopping, having a proper bankroll, having lots of outs, etc.

DirtyX
    Cut Clay Guida
    DirtyX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gabriel, serious thought here... Most of the poster's who do well on here, receive props without seeking it. If you post your plays and bets beforehand -ticket numbers and dollar amounts, your "Outstanding Skills" will speak for themself dude. No need to say how great you are, because if you truly are a top dog as you claim, people will recognize and speak on it. Just saying..

First 12345 ... Last