PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Floyd Mayweather Is Going To Fight Robert Guerrero In May

Why Floyd, why?

It should be Mayweather vs Canelo Alvarez.

http://larrybrownsports.com/boxing/f...ght-may/167188

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's a better test than Alvarez. He would destroy Alvarez, even Alvarez' handlers have said they're not ready for that fight yet. Why subject your cash cow to defeat when he's just 22?

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

1. The fight is not finalized
    2. The fight is a joke nobody gives a fuk about it

If mayweather had a pair he'd give marquez a rematch. That's a fight that makes sense.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    It's a better test than Alvarez. He would destroy Alvarez, even Alvarez' handlers have said they're not ready for that fight yet. Why subject your cash cow to defeat when he's just 22?
    Lou

I can't imagine Canelo being a bigger tomato can than Guerrero.

This fight is going to be so one-sided it might as well be a comedy.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

BTW if you think guerrero poses a bigger threat to floyd than canelo you're a fuking jerkoff. Canelo is a big 154 pounder guerrero beat berto off of roids proves absolutely nothing.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    1. The fight is not finalized
    2. The fight is a joke nobody gives a fuk about it

If mayweather had a pair he'd give marquez a rematch. That's a fight that makes sense.
    I would love to see Floyd vs. a Marquez juiced on performance enhancing drugs.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    BTW if you think guerrero poses a bigger threat to floyd than canelo you're a fuking jerkoff. Canelo is a big 154 pounder guerrero beat berto off of roids proves absolutely nothing.
    Take a step back. He's fighting the more proven guy. I'm a big Alvarez fan, he could be the future of the sport if he stays the course. He's not experienced enough to challenge Floyd; I'm pretty sure his promoters know more than you do. The fact that they don't want to make the fight now, or even try to, is telling enough.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Floyd won every minute of every round vs Marquez. Not even Marquez wants a rematch.

Don't think Guerrero has a shot but I am happy to see the guy catch a big payday knowing his backstory.

Alvarez will be an interesting fight in September. He doesn't appear ready to box someone of Floyd's skill and intelligence just yet. The further back he gets this fight the better odds he has of Floyd's speed diminishing just enough that his size advantage can possibly come into play.

Bradley or Martinez would be better fights but one is an Arum fighter and the other is likely too big.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Floyd won every minute of every round vs Marquez. Not even Marquez wants a rematch.

Don't think Guerrero has a shot but I am happy to see the guy catch a big payday knowing his backstory.

Alvarez will be an interesting fight in September. He doesn't appear ready to box someone of Floyd's skill and intelligence just yet. The further back he gets this fight the better odds he has of Floyd's speed diminishing just enough that his size advantage can possibly come into play.

Bradley or Martinez would be better fights but one is an Arum fighter and the other is likely too big.
    Grits

True about Floyd every minute of every round vs. Marquez back then.

Difference now is Marquez is undeniably on performance-enhancing drugs. Back then he might not have been.

Marquez can deny it all he wants. You don't get quicker, and more powerful the older you get. The fight he knocked out Pacquaio, he was quicker and stronger looking than the first fight between them.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

The ghost does not stand a chance but call me crazy but I think Canelo has a legit shot at beating floyd. Floyd is clearly in decline, nothing against him but its just age. I see that Cotto had some success against floyd and canelo is bigger, stronger and the key FASTER than Cotto.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    You don't get quicker, and more powerful the older you get. The fight he knocked out Pacquaio, he was quicker and stronger looking than the first fight between them.
    Yea and you don't move up 50 lbs in your pro career and your head doesn't get bigger without PEDs either. Pac camp is hilarious, guys sued Floyd for his comments but Freddy Roach basically suggests it in an interview.

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post

disagree 100%...Guerrerro has no power and is 2 small for floyd. Alvarez would give floyd all he can handle. Although u are right about ruining their cash cow possibly. I also think Floyd was scared to take the fight. I am not sure it has anything to do with alvarez's team not thinking he is ready.

SBR Lou

Maybe but in terms of being a veteran and more ring time, it's a better test. No matter who Floyd fights people will criticize him, if he beat Alvarez' ass now, it's because he's too young and inexperienced at this stage, if he beats G's ass it's because he doesn't have power. People just don't like to admit there's still nobody that can beat the guy.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Stop bitching. Canelo, Marquez, and Guerrero are all easy fights for Floyd. They're not in his class.

Wake me up when he responds to Sergio Martinez.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

who fukkin cares...

would rather watch the 4th fight of an FX Ultimate Fighter episode on tivo at 3 in the morning...

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

I am so glad Ali backed down from fighting Frazier and Foreman back in the day...there is a reason why boxing has been on a downward spiral and the sports cash cow in Floyd is probably the biggest reason