Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post
    Hearing that Petruzelli may have been scratched from the card, thought Marrero was the right side too.
    Yeah Petruzelli got scratched. Hope 5D refunds my money sometime soon. I was looking forward to cashing on Marrero too. DAMN...

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well with Marrero scratched, going to have to go with Marx and Straus. Maybe even a small play on Spiritwolf because thats going to be a slugfest and Z has showed a suspect chin.
    Last edited by Mercersux; 05-11-12 at 06:28 PM.

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Damn sucked that Seth got scratched felt good about that play...moving on let's get it done with Straus.

Jesus Christ

I feel for ppl who played Spiritwolf...that's some bullshit.

Jesus Christ

That pretty much was the exact fight I expected (outside of the moonshot to the testicles)...congrats to Straus backers

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Was also on Straus . Was planning on tailing your other play.

I shit a little when Sandro took that unimaginable nut shot. Knew Straus would grind a decision.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

I was SICK when I heard Petruzelli was SICK. He was by far my biggest FADE play of the night.

Jesus Christ

YTD 23-25-1 +$2,559.33

3 plays for tomorrow nights UFC on FUEL card

People may not think so but I think Curran looked really good against Jorgenson considering his major weakness throughout his career has been someone who can control him from the top..Eduardo is not Scotty he doesn't have the ability to maintain the top..I expect this to be a fun fight with tons of transitions on the ground combined with a bit of outside kickboxing..I think over 3 rounds Curran maintains top longer position and lands more meaningful strikes. I'll say Jeff Curran by unanimous decision.

I think Pokrajac is underrated here. Maldonado is getting a lot of love for a fight he lost against a bad fighter..even in his fight with Mcsweeny he didn't look great..if this fight takes place squarely on the feet like I think it will I give "The Duke" has the edge...I expect him to start slow but take over late in a brawl...I'll say Igor Pokrajac by unanimous decision.

I'll prolly be one of the few sporting this pick, I'm reading a lot of Poirier love on here..both these guys have a lot of talent with a lot of holes in their game..I think both have very fast hands and above average grappling...Poirier has the edge in wrestling in my opinion where as Jung has the edge in power...In my opinion Poirier is going to gas from taking taking down Jung only to have a small amount of success on the ground with him basically just stalled out down there...I think Jung takes this fight over mid way through the 2nd round with landing the more powerful shots when Poirier tires...I'll say Chan Sung Jung by TKO Round 3

Vitooch
    Dayman

Like the Igor and Curran picks...Should be a night in the green for you

Imsmarterthanu
    Imsmarterthanu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

Igor pick is bad

Maldonaldo hurts people with his punches seriously busts their faces open

Igor's ground game isn't that great

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Not buying the steam on Eduardo. Definitely taking a shot on Curran if he closes as the dog.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

With you on all three.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Quote Originally Posted by Imsmarterthanu View Post
    Igor pick is bad

Sharp analysis...All in on Fabio

Jesus Christ

Igor pick is bad

What does Pokrajac do with his punches?

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    tickles them lol

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

I took this picture at the comedy store, you should use it as your avatar:

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles

or this:

you're always safe with Jesus in your backseat!

Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    or this:

you're always safe with Jesus in your backseat!
    I like it

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

lol. The withered hands are a nice touch. Good sell.

Imsmarterthanu

He does nothing that maldanado can't handle Pokrajec is going to be on the losing end of the striking match

Guarantee that

Jesus Christ

He does nothing that maldanado can't handle Pokrajec is going to be on the losing end of the striking match

Guarantee that
    We shall see.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

What else makes you think igor is gonna win, almighty lord?

I was really liking maldonado, but I gotta admit that I'm hesitant now that a lot of solid cappers are picking igor. Prob gonna stay away unless maldonado gets ridiculously low / to evens. I totally understand why you guys like igor at the high dog odds, so I agree with the play just want some insight.

I wanna give you my two cents and hopefully you'll better my decision making by giving me a response.

On paper I actually give an edge to maldonado everywhere in this fight except for cardio and mayyyybe the clinch (I don't think igor is more devastating then kingsbu in the clinch and maldonado go through it). I think the ground game is truly an unkown, although I haven't seen anything especially impressive from igor to sway me to give him an edge there (yet I do think its his best route to win via grinding / clinch fest), and on the feet I give clear edge to maldonado for the following reasons.

On the feet I'm surprised people are taking igor to win the stand up... He was clearly outstruck by the janitor, therefore do you really think vlad has better boxing than maldonado? And really outside of his krystof win, I can't recall igor getting the bettter of anyone on the feet... against bonnar and tehuna, while being a much more grapple heavy fight than stand up fight, igor did not have any clear advantage on the feet during the moments they were standing. I'm not saying bonnar or te huna got the better of the few striking exchanges, nor would I say igor did.. but what I'm getting at is outside of his krsytof win, where did igor dominate in the stand up since being with zuffa? If anyting, vlad, bonnar, krystof, and tehuna do not have the striking skill as maldonado, so I am not sold that igor can win this match on the feet. What am I missing / where do you disagree Jesus??

Say he's not better on the feet and igor decides to take it to the mat which I think is his best route... I think moldonado showed pretty good tdd against kyle who I do think has better tds and is much more athletic than igor. Even in the 3rd when maldonado seemed gassed he stuffed 2 kingsbu shots if I remember. I do think kingsbu is overrated, but he's not that bad of a fighter imo. He's also pretty darn big and explosive. I think igor def has a better ground game then kingsbu once he gets in top position, but maldonado did complete 2 very nice sweeps to get back up from the bottom position. Furthermore, I read somewhere that the nog bros have said people don't even know how good his ground game is because he never has to use it. Perhaps we are underestimating maldonado's ground game because we really haven't seen it? He did take kingsbury down too, while gassed (although at that point kingsbu was drained too).

Overall igor seems like a guy who is very well rounded, but not especially great in any one area. I think if he clinches / tries to close distance and take it down that he could have success mixing it in with some stand up.

Odds aside when looking at this card I was liking rda, jaboiun and maldonado the most, but now that their odds are so juicy I am tempted to not play any of them/stay away, and am somewhat low on cash so am debating on either a su play on rda or maldonado. Jaboiun way to juicey and houghland has the value at this point (although on paper still think jaboiun wins). Lots of you guys liking igor so I'm clearly missing something or my reasoning / breakdown is incorrect... tell me your wisdom, jesus. Gracias. Btw love the zombie play, everyone is underestimating his ground game, I'll be on that as well

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

And actually I retract the statement about bannar / te huna keeping it even on the feet, igor clearly got the better those exchanges, I was basing what I wrote off memory but just read a couple play by plays and it sounds like igor was winnnign the stand up therefore making his opponents try to turn the fihgt into a clinch n grapple fest... perhaps I am underestimating his stand up and putting too much faith into maldonado's... I think falcao is a pretty devastating striker, and certainly better than igor, and the fact he lost twice to maldonado is another reason that leads me to believe maldonado should win the stand up... MOre I dig into this fight the more I'm torn, prob a sign to stay away or play the dog!

Jesus Christ

I can admit that I haven't seen the janitor and Te Huna fights in awhile but from what I remember wasn't a significant part of the damage done to Igor on the ground...I'm pretty sure I remember the duke dropping both of them in the first round before their grappling routes set in and took control on the ground..He got out-stuck later on after getting taken down because he got too cautious and failed to pull the trigger.

It just seems like you are higher on Maldonado's striking ability then I am..a combo of that an him fading late against a bad Kingsbury and a year layoff is pretty much why I've made this play.

Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    And actually I retract the statement about bannar / te huna keeping it even on the feet, igor clearly got the better those exchanges, I was basing what I wrote off memory but just read a couple play by plays and it sounds like igor was winnnign the stand up therefore making his opponents try to turn the fihgt into a clinch n grapple fest... perhaps I am underestimating his stand up and putting too much faith into maldonado's... I think falcao is a pretty devastating striker, and certainly better than igor, and the fact he lost twice to maldonado is another reason that leads me to believe maldonado should win the stand up... MOre I dig into this fight the more I'm torn, prob a sign to stay away or play the dog!
    Was typing my response while this was posted my bad

Jesus Christ

YTD 23-25-1 +$2,559.33

3 plays for tomorrow nights UFC on FUEL card

People may not think so but I think Curran looked really good against Jorgenson considering his major weakness throughout his career has been someone who can control him from the top..Eduardo is not Scotty he doesn't have the ability to maintain the top..I expect this to be a fun fight with tons of transitions on the ground combined with a bit of outside kickboxing..I think over 3 rounds Curran maintains top longer position and lands more meaningful strikes. I'll say Jeff Curran by unanimous decision.

I think Pokrajac is underrated here. Maldonado is getting a lot of love for a fight he lost against a bad fighter..even in his fight with Mcsweeny he didn't look great..if this fight takes place squarely on the feet like I think it will I give "The Duke" has the edge...I expect him to start slow but take over late in a brawl...I'll say Igor Pokrajac by unanimous decision.

I'll prolly be one of the few sporting this pick, I'm reading a lot of Poirier love on here..both these guys have a lot of talent with a lot of holes in their game..I think both have very fast hands and above average grappling...Poirier has the edge in wrestling in my opinion where as Jung has the edge in power...In my opinion Poirier is going to gas from taking taking down Jung only to have a small amount of success on the ground with him basically just stalled out down there...I think Jung takes this fight over mid way through the 2nd round with landing the more powerful shots when Poirier tires...I'll say Chan Sung Jung by TKO Round 3

Adding a 4th play....this line dropped enough where I believe it warrants a play.

Short and sweet...Yang has a low output and just horrendous cardio...he has real power but I think Tavares is going to be too fast and technical on the feet and I think from the 2nd round on it's just gonna be Yang getting badly beaten on the feet..I'll say Tavares by wide unanimous decision.

Imsmarterthanu

you suck at betting

Jesus Christ

you suck at betting
    Perhaps but the fights haven't begun yet.

Imsmarterthanu

^ keep praying and hoping

keep trying to get good karma before the fights

Vitooch
    Dayman

you suck at betting
    He's up more than $2,000 since making this thread? How does he suck?

Jesus Christ

1-1 -20 going into the main card....let's do some work

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

BOL me lord

Jesus Christ