trogo102
    trogo102's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

blockchain to bitpay card extremely slow

i submitted the transaction to blockchain at 3:29 pm and it still hasnt posted with 0 confirmations on blockchains end. i know the last time i made a transfer it didnt post for awhile either.

a couple times prior to these last two when i sent from blockchain to bitpay it posted quickly, less than 10 minutes.

everything with blockchain takes longer now.

trogo102

finally came through at 10:30 pm. 7 hrs.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Thanks for the info Trogo102.

Hopefully this gets back to normal fast speeds again.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by trogo102 View Post
    finally came through at 10:30 pm. 7 hrs.
    It's been like that for awhile now. 7 hrs isn't too uncommon to Bitpay.

ParlayKing1986
    ParlayKing1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3437

Had one today for 900 ..took 20 mins..70 cent fee though.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I find they are close to instant if you add a more than sufficient fee for it to get confirmed in next block ($1 is fine). If it's lower than that they need to protect themselves against a double spend. If your fee is low they aren't going to post until at least 1-2 confirmations, and if your fee is super low and the blockchain is busy then you are going to wait longer for a confirmation. This is just my experience, they may have different risk strategies based on location/length of account/ or other factors. They seem to know what they are doing I'll tell you that.

trogo102

i usually do the fee that blockchain recommends. will up it next time.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

If you want a fast confirm,the fee needs to be at least 150 satoshi/Byte

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

maybe just coincidence but my blockchain wallet always seems to be slower the Airbitz...Like you yesterday I sent one over to card with blockchain and bumped up miners fee where it said will process in next block and took over 5 hours...I did one same day 1 hour later via airbitz with standard fee and confirmed in 10 mins...Strange

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

It all has to do with how busy the network is. If you check how many unconfirmed transactions there are you can get a sense. Anything less than 15k and you can expect a fairly short confirmation time with a reasonable fee most of the time. Anything above that and you get into unknown. Sites try to suggest a "reccomended fee" based on how busy the network is and what fees are being paid. If the network is getting increasingly busy and they reccomend a fee based on the state at the time you send the transaction (not when the next block confirms) then your transaction gets left behind and you will need to wait until the network quiets down cause you didnt pay enough. This is why you are always better off just adding another 25 cents at least to what they reccomend.

Think about it this way... you have to guess what a stock will be worth ten minutes from now. You have to pay whatever you pledge to pay... however you can't pay more if you want. You're going to try to pay as little as possible for that stock, but still get the stock. The problem is if the price of that stock is rising over the next 5 hours and you guess wrong, you now have to wait until the price comes down again. best analogy i can come up with... long story short just pay more on the fee.

https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions
    Last edited by PharaohUB; 03-29-17 at 11:08 AM.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

I normally add 30 cents to the blockchain.info default fee. Pharaoh is using 25 cents so looks like that works.

Bitpay requires 3 confirmations. Delays aren't caused by wallets. They are delayed because of miners confirming.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by trogo102 View Post
    i usually do the fee that blockchain recommends. will up it next time.
    I've been keeping track. Seems like the blockchain fees are increasing but the transaction isn't going any faster?

For example... Last few fees I had... (default by blockchain)... $0.15... $0.19 4 months ago... these would be confirmed in under 30 minutes.

Now... for practically the same amounts being sent... $0.19 ... $0.23... Transactions taking 4+ hours.

And just earlier on Wednesday... moved 3k and I was charged $0.28 Transaction took 6 hours.

Just giving you guys some input. Hope it helps.

And if I'm doing something wrong?? Please let me know. Again... I'm just using blockchain's default fee.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Fees should have increased naturally since the last halvening I think.

Plus increasing demand is a factor too.

I suspect we will be paying several dollars per tx at some stage in the not too distant if Bitcoin maintains its market leadership.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Things change fast in the bitcoin world. For the past few weeks, adding 30 cents to the blockchain default gets you in the next block, second block max.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I've been keeping track. Seems like the blockchain fees are increasing but the transaction isn't going any faster?

For example... Last few fees I had... (default by blockchain)... $0.15... $0.19 4 months ago... these would be confirmed in under 30 minutes.

Now... for practically the same amounts being sent... $0.19 ... $0.23... Transactions taking 4+ hours.

And just earlier on Wednesday... moved 3k and I was charged $0.28 Transaction took 6 hours.

Just giving you guys some input. Hope it helps.

And if I'm doing something wrong?? Please let me know. Again... I'm just using blockchain's default fee.
    Same. Did $140 yesterday with default 28 cent fee and took over 5 hours. But did one in the morning which was instant.

As mentioned in other threads, it's helpful to check the mempool and that site (forgot it) that tells you the estimated block and how many minutes depending how many Satoshis per bit the fee is, before sending the transaction.

trogo102

I did a 750 transfer from blockchain to bitpay with a 30 cent transfer fee. i originally did a dollar but they said they didnt recommend it and it wouldn't help so i ended up doing the 30 cents.

requested when there were around 12,000 unconfirmed transactions.

sent the money this evening at 6:57 pm, money was loaded on bitpay at 7:50. much faster.

ParlayKing1986
    ParlayKing1986's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3437

Bitpay requires 1 confirmation unless you send under the amount you input