dmonaco712
    dmonaco712's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Forget conbase

I have been trying to get my debit card validated on coinbase for 2 months.
    Their auto-response keeps saying deposits were sent but nothing ever shows
    up. My bank account was easily verified but has very long wait times for
    transactions where debit is immediate.
    The bottom line is coinebase NEVER returns emails and does not have a customer
    service number as circle did. Not a place you should do business with. Good bitcoin
    exchanges are far and few between.

UBNVS
    UBNVS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5878

I agree. They really need to get a contact phone number.

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

I registered yesterday and verified my debit card within a minute. Deposits showed up right away.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by dmonaco712 View Post
    I have been trying to get my debit card validated on coinbase for 2 months.
    Their auto-response keeps saying deposits were sent but nothing ever shows
    up. My bank account was easily verified but has very long wait times for
    transactions where debit is immediate.
    The bottom line is coinebase NEVER returns emails and does not have a customer
    service number as circle did. Not a place you should do business with. Good bitcoin
    exchanges are far and few between.
    Signed up with coinbase over a year ago. Had the same issue as you did... tried to add a debit card to my account and wouldn't link it up. Said it was invalid. Customer support is no help. Left them... went to Circle.... when Circle changed their mind about buying and selling... had no other place to go.

Received an odd email from coinbase this month. It said... your bnk account and debit card as been increased MAX. I was like because I haven't even logged into coinbase in 7 months. Went to add another debit card... and it added it with zero problems.

I think they just love to screw with select accounts. I just don't understand why my limits were increased when I never used them or emailed them in 7 months? Totally odd.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Yeah they are a joke. I haven't been able to use my account for 6 months. I changed my phone number a while back and there is no way to change it to my new one. The authy app thing will not work for my new number for some reason. Everytime I send them an email they reply a month later with the authy app instructions. I keep telling them that shit won't work with my new number. I finally just asked them to close my account as it is no use for me. It's a joke I can't even use my own account because of some phone bullshit. On average a 3 week response time on email inquiries and no customer service phone. A joke of a bussiness.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Yeah they are a joke. I haven't been able to use my account for 6 months. I changed my phone number a while back and there is no way to change it to my new one. The authy app thing will not work for my new number for some reason. Everytime I send them an email they reply a month later with the authy app instructions. I keep telling them that shit won't work with my new number. I finally just asked them to close my account as it is no use for me. It's a joke I can't even use my own account because of some phone bullshit. On average a 3 week response time on email inquiries and no customer service phone. A joke of a bussiness.
    I had similar problem or same problem. Had to install Authy on my computer and that solved the problem. I could not receive texts to my phone from Coinbase though. Don't know if that is your problem and you already have the Authy app installed.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Signed up with coinbase over a year ago. Had the same issue as you did... tried to add a debit card to my account and wouldn't link it up. Said it was invalid. Customer support is no help. Left them... went to Circle.... when Circle changed their mind about buying and selling... had no other place to go.

Received an odd email from coinbase this month. It said... your bnk account and debit card as been increased MAX. I was like because I haven't even logged into coinbase in 7 months. Went to add another debit card... and it added it with zero problems.

I think they just love to screw with select accounts. I just don't understand why my limits were increased when I never used them or emailed them in 7 months? Totally odd.

I have been trying to figure out wtf is going on with my debit card situation with them for months as well. I tried to add my debit card so I could start getting instant transactions. Well I put in all my card info and every time it tells me that I entered the wrong CVN number from the back of my card. I have entered it well over 20 times over this winter and still same shit. I email the response team and for over a month it would take them 2-4 days to answer and it would always be the same basic bullshit. Finally I sent a pretty nasty reply and got the lady to tell me it is my bank that is the problem. So I call my bank up and they don't know wtf I am talking about and say it is Coinbase. So whenever I want to send money to Coinbase it is the 5 fukin days of wondering how much bitcoin is going to tank that week. If Coinbase didn't have a monopoly on this shit in the US they wouldn't have a business because their customer service and troublshooting is the worst I have even seen.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

How does coinbase determine their selling price? I just sent cashed out a few btc and sent it to my bank account. I figured it would be sold at the updated btc price, but it was about $10 cheaper. Was this due to it falling $10 in the split second that I clicked sell. Or do they not sell it at their updated price?

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

I had no issues

silverdollar444
    silverdollar444's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

I've never had any problems with Coinbase. As long as you upload your government issued ID then everything should be fine..

vinndy
    vinndy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3436

My issue with them has been that no matter how I try to upload my drivers license, it's "not clear enough" for them. I tried over fifty times on four different laptops / tablets. I actually closed my account and will just use **** bitpay card to spend my earnings.

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

Coinbase is a joke, they will close your account if you receive large transactions of bitcoins from anywhere. This is exactly what happened to me without prior notification or any evidence whatsoever.