Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Gemini

Learned about Gemini here at SBR. Got killed for 3% on my last two bitcoin transfers using Coinbase.

Gemini charges 0.15% so the cost was $1.50 to buy and transfer $1,000 to Bovada which I just completed. Football season transfers to Bovada ran about 2.2% using Circle and Coinbase.

It is a two-step process to buy and transfer which takes a little bit more time if you have used the automatic buy and transfer with Circle and Coinbase.

I don't believe the card option people prefer is available but it is dirt cheap for bitcoining.

Highly recommended. Goodbye Coinbase.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 02-13-17 at 10:12 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Keep us updated.

A couple of other people have complained they are a bit slow crediting deposited funds and allowing it to be spent. Have you run across this?

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Keep us updated.

A couple of other people have complained they are a bit slow crediting deposited funds and allowing it to be spent. Have you run across this?
    They are the same as Coinbase. Three business days for the funds to clear from your bank. It is slow but no slower via bank transfer than Coinbase or Circle.

Best to be planning ahead for your deposits or holding funds in your account. You do hold your funds as USD there with FDIC insurance.

They will let you buy BTC immediately with a bank transfer but you cannot transfer it until the funds clear which might throw some people off.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Buffalo Nickle 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Buffalo Nickle

I'll also add that they limit you to $500 deposits per day with a $15,000 max per month. So it may be a bit more of a pain to get a larger amount of money in there.

On the other hand, they do not have the kind of limits that Circle had or Coinbase might impose. So if you have 5K of cleared funds, you can transfer that 5K as far as I am aware. You do not have to build up your transfer limits as far as I know.

They also are not doing a lot of bitcoin volume so I doubt they are going to be as concerned with gambling activity although they might in the future since they are registered as a bank and licensed in New York.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Keep us updated.

I got a ACH transfer to my checking account in 1 business day a few weeks ago.....they take about 3 days to clear deposited funds.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    I got a ACH transfer to my checking account in 1 business day a few weeks ago.....they take about 3 days to clear deposited funds.
    Is it true about the $500 limit like buffalo stated? Would be nice to do one for 2-3k once football starts again.

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    Is it true about the $500 limit like buffalo stated? Would be nice to do one for 2-3k once football starts again.
    Yes, here is a link to the ACH limits

https://gemini24.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...ansfer-limits-

My conversion rate at gemini is 25 bps...not 15 bps at Buffalo has, but I think they adjust your rates based on volume. All that stuff is here:

https://gemini.com/fee-schedule/

Also, I posted this before...but they are kind of a hassle to get set up with for ACH. You must first do a wire transfer (they cover up to $30 of any fees to do so) before you can get approval for ACH. It took me around 10 days to get set up with them, but they are cheap cheap cheap if you don't mind waiting a few days to clear deposits and withdrawals.
    Last edited by Memento; 02-14-17 at 02:04 PM.