Seanthewinna
    Seanthewinna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Cex.io.. are they serious?

I saw some of forum member using this site so I decided to give them a try.. everything was smooth up until when I tried to move the btc to my wallet.. supposedly, I have to wait 48hours before I can move the btc or I have to verify myself.. so I went through the verification process. I sent them front and back of my picture id along with my selfie holding my license. Plus I send in picture of my cc and 3 different utility bills. Now they are asking me to send in picture of myself holding my passport which I don't have it. My passport has been expired and I don't have it. This place is way too ridiculous.

Seanthewinna
    Seanthewinna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

I also gave them my ssn number.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

They made me send them nude pictures and a bottle of my urine as well. In all joking aside these places are a joke they make it damn near impossible to buy any bitcoins. I just go through localbitcoins and sell gift cards to strangers. Its much more simpler and faster. I thought this whole thing was supposed to be anonymous anyways. Apparently not if they need your fuking life story just to buy 20 dollars of bitcoin.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Another thing that sucks is these godam places won't even let you log into your account if you can't get a dam text message from them everytime you sign in. I changed my phone number recently and had to wait 3 days to verify my new number. I even talked with customer service in between the verification of my new number and they would not let me log into my dam account. It is pointless with some of these security measures they have.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9189

Sounds a lot of verification but even the Aussie one I use asked for a selfie and more ID than I've ever been asked for before.

Reduces the risk and therefore the cost is the only upside of dealing with it.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I never had anything close to the problems that are described here. Selfies with ID/payment card and that's it. I was never asked to take a selfie with a passport. I can only speak from my experience, and after I was verified it is simple/instant and very little fees. Sucks that some are having trouble.

The security measures may seem tedious, but I appreciate them. Too many horror stories of coins going missing, etc. I can take the extra 10 seconds to open google authenticator on my phone or check a text message. If you changed your phone number that's your own damn fault for not updating it.