horja1
    Grrrrrr
    horja1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

INTERNATIONAL WIRE TRANSFER fees

I just had some money transfered from Bitstamp (first withdrawal from them) to my bank account - Bistamp fee was 15 USD and my bank does not charge me any fees, but somehow I received 22 USD less.

I asked Bistamp about it and their rep said:

Do keep in mind that when making transfers through an International Wire, the transfer may be handled by one or more intermediary banks, who usually apply their own fees to the transaction
    Is that correct? I never paid additional fees for my previous incoming international wires.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Don't know about the $7 difference. Bitstamp charges a percentage. So they may have said $15 but you probably withdrew $220?

Btw, BkofAma in the states charges $35 so you got a good deal. Bitstamp has no limit on their fee so if you send $200k its going to cost $200 unlike BkofAma which would still be $35.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Don't know about the $7 difference. Bitstamp charges a percentage. So they may have said $15 but you probably withdrew $220?

Btw, BkofAma in the states charges $35 so you got a good deal. Bitstamp has no limit on their fee so if you send $200k its going to cost $200 unlike BkofAma which would still be $35.
    My payout request was for 900 USD, Bistamp fee was 15 USD (confirmed by them), my bank didn't charge me anything, but I received 865 USD --> 22 USD missing.

RoyBacon

From their site;

International withdrawals will be charged with 0.09% fee, minimum fee is 15.00 USD/EUR on Bitstamp's end and may incur additional international bank fees. Minimum amount for international withdrawal is 50.00 USD/EUR

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Of course wire fees

Always were even USA to USA have fees wire wise

RoyBacon

You can write them and ask.

Maybe they charge $15 plus .09%? That would be $23.

Either way that is a great fking deal. That wire is coming from Latvia or somewhere I've never heard of.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Either way that is a great fking deal. That wire is coming from Latvia or somewhere I've never heard of.
    Come on ... I mentioned already that Bitstamp fee was 15 USD, not more, and they confirmed it. Is it possible that other banks were involved in the transfer which could have resulted in additional fees?

horja1
    Grrrrrr

In my case it seems it was sent from Slovenia.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by horja1 View Post

Come on ... I mentioned already that Bitstamp fee was 15 USD, not more, and they confirmed it. Is it possible that other banks were involved in the transfer which could have resulted in additional fees?
    Yes this is normal.

And no one knows beforehand which intermediary bank might get it on the way through or what their fees may be.

$10-15 is a pretty normal intermediary fee to lose, usually with no accounting given to you of it.

No reason any bank should charge to receive a wire for you in my opinion btw.

VIVA Bitcoin.

Death to the blood sucking banking system

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Also, you don't get an intermediary fee if your bank has an agreement with the bank sending the wire.

That's likely why you haven't seen it before.

But of course lots of banks don't have direct agreements across the world so it gets routed via the shortest route of banks that both ends do deal with. Usually one but sometimes two.

horja1
    Grrrrrr

Thanks