Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27594

WTF no BTC for Canadians now?

No way to buy and sell Bitcoin with ETF from Canadian bank accounts now? I set up Coinbase a year ago and used it a bit, now it looks like you can only buy via v i s a / m c?

Is there another option besides Coinbase for EFTs to buy sell bitcoin in Canada?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Have you looked at circle.com?

Or you can always use wires and that opens up just about every exchange in the world.

F Torino
    F Torino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Krashman:

Coinbase allows the use of Canadian Veeza debit cards for bitcoin purchases.

Circle also allows the use of Canadian Veeza debit cards for bitcoin purchases and also allows withdrawals back to the Veeza debit card - in effect depositing to your bank acct.

The difference between the two is that you can buy bitcoin at Coinbase in Canadian Dollars while Circle offers only $USD.

There is a Canadian exchange - QuadrigaCX that has many options for Canadian residents, the only downside to Quadriga is that their buy/sell spreads are slightly higher than Coinbase/Circle.

Quadriga offers Cash delivery, EFT direct to bank acct, Interac e-transfers deposits/withdrawals, withdrawals via gold bars (yes).

Quadriga is located in Vancouver British Columbia.

https://www.quadrigacx.com/

Krashman

Thanks guys, useful info here.

Anyone have feedback on Quadriga and circle.com, are these used by a lot of SBR members and safe?

Optional

Circle is used by a lot of posters. Probably second only to Coinbase.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I use circle to buy and coinbase to sell.

Circle will start you out at $300 for a few weeks and then will increase to 3k. Debit card will give you instant buys

Krashman

Quote Originally Posted by F Torino View Post
    Krashman:

Coinbase allows the use of Canadian Veeza debit cards for bitcoin purchases.

Circle also allows the use of Canadian Veeza debit cards for bitcoin purchases and also allows withdrawals back to the Veeza debit card - in effect depositing to your bank acct.

The difference between the two is that you can buy bitcoin at Coinbase in Canadian Dollars while Circle offers only $USD.

There is a Canadian exchange - QuadrigaCX that has many options for Canadian residents, the only downside to Quadriga is that their buy/sell spreads are slightly higher than Coinbase/Circle.

Quadriga offers Cash delivery, EFT direct to bank acct, Interac e-transfers deposits/withdrawals, withdrawals via gold bars (yes).

Quadriga is located in Vancouver British Columbia.

https://www.quadrigacx.com/
    Was able to get Coinbase to accept my Veesa debit card.

Signed up at Circle but it doesn't accept my Veesa debit card. Says it looks like a Veesa. Anybody else?

So signing up at Quadriga now, need a way to withdraw. Ridiculous ID requirements there. Gov't ID and Utility bill. Fine. Photo of self holding ID. OK. Credit check? Employer? Facebook page? Cell phone #? Really? Frak off already.

So I look up their address on google maps. Just who is asking for all this info? Hoping to see a big corporate office tower like their screen shot on their home page. No, it's a rented mailbox in a UPS store! lol
    Last edited by Krashman; 11-25-16 at 01:31 AM.

dirtdog52658
    dirtdog52658's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2235

I used quadriga never had a problem but been awhile. Should try and find a good local guy bought 8k the other day for a 40$ fee.

Krashman

Follow up to this. I completed QuadrigaCX validations and finally got around to funding the account and buying bitcoin.

It went very smoothly, no problems.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post
    Was able to get Coinbase to accept my Veesa debit card.

Signed up at Circle but it doesn't accept my Veesa debit card. Says it looks like a Veesa. Anybody else?

So signing up at Quadriga now, need a way to withdraw. Ridiculous ID requirements there. Gov't ID and Utility bill. Fine. Photo of self holding ID. OK. Credit check? Employer? Facebook page? Cell phone #? Really? Frak off already.

So I look up their address on google maps. Just who is asking for all this info? Hoping to see a big corporate office tower like their screen shot on their home page. No, it's a rented mailbox in a UPS store! lol
    Quadriga is legit. I know it looks like a complete scam the way they have things set up, ie, the UPS mailbox, and no publically listed address. As the story goes, they had the head office located in Gastown in Vancouver at one time, but they had problems with too many visitors showing up unannounced. It was far too much for their small staff to handle, so they shut it down (also, they had raised enough capital from investors at this point).

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    Quadriga is legit. I know it looks like a complete scam the way they have things set up, ie, the UPS mailbox, and no publically listed address. As the story goes, they had the head office located in Gastown in Vancouver at one time, but they had problems with too many visitors showing up unannounced. It was far too much for their small staff to handle, so they shut it down (also, they had raised enough capital from investors at this point).
    If they are so legit...

1) why would anyone show up at their office?

2) what would be the big problem if they did?

People have known the location of businesses who hold their money for centuries with small staffs and no problems.

This sounds like a major red flag to me.

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If they are so legit...

1) why would anyone show up at their office?

2) what would be the big problem if they did?

People have known the location of businesses who hold their money for centuries with small staffs and no problems.

This sounds like a major red flag to me.
    They used to allow clients to drop by and make deposits in person; as the popularity of their trading platform grew so did the number of visitors. You can understand how this led to problems in a small unsecured office in a neighborhood full of wackos. If you do a search on the CEO you will find evidence that he and his staff were being harassed by a deranged client, among other things.

They are still headquatered in a Vancouver office building, but the current one is secured, nondescript, and visitors aren't permitted without appointment. They don't handle Quadriga client affairs face to face anymore.

SnakesPicks
    Dazed and confused.
    SnakesPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

So say I want to cash in bitcoins for gold, they send it UPS? Seriously.

OTL

Quote Originally Posted by SnakesPicks View Post
    So say I want to cash in bitcoins for gold, they send it UPS? Seriously.
    Cashing out with gold has never been offered at Quadriga.