View New Posts
  • Thread Tools
  1. #1
    Sandro777
    Sandro777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-08
    Posts: 368
    Betpoints: 12

    Bases loaded - no outs - % chance of scoring runs?

    Anyone know off the top of their head what this number looks like? I find it maddening watching games I have a stake in when a team cannot manage a flyball or anything to produce runs with no outs bases loaded...

  2. #2
    Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-20-09
    Posts: 1,896
    Betpoints: 282

    On Oakland by any chance?

  3. #3
    Sandro777
    Sandro777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-14-08
    Posts: 368
    Betpoints: 12

    Yes, but Im a Braves fan as well and have always wondered what their percentage of no run bases loaded situations is compared to other teams. Back when they stopped making the playoffs it seemed like it happened a lot.

  4. #4
    Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-29-10
    Posts: 3,066

    ~91%

    the other 9% is more luck than anything & ain't gonna be evenly distributed across all teams

  5. #5
    iwant2lrn
    iwant2lrn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 164

    yeah tampa had that situation couple nights ago and nothing. Stupid no hitter

  6. #6
    pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-16-09
    Posts: 1,320
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    ~91% the other 9% is more luck than anything & ain't gonna be evenly distributed across all teams
    Thats it?? I thought it would be 95% or so
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/24/2014

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/17/2014


  7. #7
    dolphan34
    dolphan34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-09-10
    Posts: 423
    Betpoints: 24

    ESPN's gamecast is pretty cool and it will give you this info during the game. I can't tell you the numbers now, but at the bottom of gamecast it gives % chances of runs to be scored in the inning given the current number of baserunners/outs.

  8. #8
    iwant2lrn
    iwant2lrn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 164

    but it seems like if the numbers favor what you want to happen it never happens

  9. #9
    Ryangene
    Ryangene's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-04-08
    Posts: 3,381

    The twins were like 0-14 to start the year or close to that...

  10. #10
    TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-28-11
    Posts: 7,745
    Betpoints: 1073

    On gamecast just now the Angels had bases loaded no outs and it showed a 42% chance of scoring a run or more that inning
    200pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY5th Place 7/17/2014

    Ring Games Winner
    600pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY1st Place 7/14/2014

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/21/2014

    600pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY1st Place 7/4/2014

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 07/17/2014

    400pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY2nd Place 7/26/2014

    Ring Games Winner
    Ring Games Winner
    600pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY1st Place 7/27/2014


  11. #11
    hubbard689
    hubbard689's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-28-12
    Posts: 583

    wow Gamecast looks sweet, thanks for the info

Top