irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Yankees payroll a total disaster

The Yanks have four players that are costing them almost more than the Indians entire payroll, including Encarnacion. Sabathia gets 25 mil, Tanaka gets 22mil, Elsbury gets 21 mil and Arod also gets 21 mil. 89 million clams on four players and one will not be playing. What a joke! Tanaka and sabathia combined for a 23-16 record last season. When will owners stop with the long contracts? Strassburg just stole 175 mil from the Nats for 7 years. This guy is good when healthy but lets face it he never is. Do you honestly think he will last 7 more years? The GM that agreed to the Strassburg contract should be fired and seek mental help. It calls for 45 mil in 2023! I will bet my house that he won't even be pitching by then. The Yankees are done for years. The only good young player on their team is the catcher Sanchez. Judge is a strikeout king who won't hit .250, he will K at least 200 times or more and Bird will be average at best, maybe .265. They got nothing.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Wow. I think most Yankee fans think the future is bright.
    Went from one of the worst farm systems to a top five very fast.
    2019 they will have a ton of cash to spend on free agents (great year to have it) and some good young talent major league ready.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

The Yankees top prospects are Aaron Judge hit .179 in 84 at bats with 42 K's. He will be 25 in April so, he not a really young prospect. He be won't much of a major leaguer. He could be the first major leaguer to strikeout 300 times. Torres is only 20, now that's a prospect with potential. Rob Refsynder is 25 has no power and con't hit for average, .250 at best. Tyler Austin is 25, hits low for average(.241) and K's alot. Mason Williams OF is 25, doesn't steal bases and doesn't hit homeruns. In 171 at bats in the minors last year he did not have 1 homerun. How is that a prospect? Aaron Hicks is 27 and had 327 at bats in the majors last season and batted .217. Jorge Mateo, only 21, doen't hit with power, strikes out more than you would like, stole 36 bases but also got throw out 15 times. The jury is still out on him. Clint Frazier is probably their best prospect 22 years old but is a long way from the majors. Miguel Andujar is only 21 and plays the hot corner. In the minors last year in 282 at bats he hit 2 homeruns, 3B is a power hitting position. So, Gary Sanchez is a superstar. Besides Sanchez where are all these great prospects everyone is raving about? I would compare Judge to Dave Kingman but Aaron will strikeout more and hit lower for average. Sorry, I just don't see this great farm system the Yankees are trying to sell their fans. Offensively sorry!!!

pickle_texas
    pickle_texas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4321

Bump

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Bumpity bump

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    The Yanks have four players that are costing them almost more than the Indians entire payroll, including Encarnacion. Sabathia gets 25 mil, Tanaka gets 22mil, Elsbury gets 21 mil and Arod also gets 21 mil. 89 million clams on four players and one will not be playing. What a joke! Tanaka and sabathia combined for a 23-16 record last season. When will owners stop with the long contracts? Strassburg just stole 175 mil from the Nats for 7 years. This guy is good when healthy but lets face it he never is. Do you honestly think he will last 7 more years? The GM that agreed to the Strassburg contract should be fired and seek mental help. It calls for 45 mil in 2023! I will bet my house that he won't even be pitching by then. The Yankees are done for years. The only good young player on their team is the catcher Sanchez. Judge is a strikeout king who won't hit .250, he will K at least 200 times or more and Bird will be average at best, maybe .265. They got nothing.
    can you make one of these threads about the NY giants before the season starts? thank you in advance... (please talk trash about Odell and Eli)

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

Don't the Yanks just pay the tax for over paying players?
    There is no cap, right?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Don't the Yanks just pay the tax for over paying players?
    There is no cap, right?
    no cap but gtd. contracts so there is retribution for bad signings... stranglehold on the franchise

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    no cap but gtd. contracts so there is retribution for bad signings... stranglehold on the franchise
    They should pay them in Canadian money, it would be a lot less.....LOL.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    They should pay them in Canadian money, it would be a lot less.....LOL.
    the elsbury contract was the only one that pissed me off.... nats have no choice but to pay Strasburg. gotta get the fans in the seats....