Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Bonds And Clemens Might Make Hall Of Fame

Ryan Thibodaux, who tracks the votes from qualifying members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA), had collected 122 ballots as of Tuesday night, a little more than a quarter of the estimated total of 435.

And he has big news: Voting for the pharmaceutical daily double of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens is way up this year, clocking in at 71.3% each on the ballots, far greater than their 44.3% and 45.2%, respectively, last year — and dangerously close to the magic number of 75% that gains a player induction.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...mens/95891334/

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Neither Bonds nor Clemens should be considered for the hall ever! Without the roids Bonds never would have come close to those numbers and honestly he should not be sitting on any MLB team bench. McGwire and Bonds should not be allowed in any dugout much less be batting instructors. The two biggest steroid abusers in baseball history are batting instructors. Are they teaching them how to use but not get caught? Integrity of the game my asss!

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

man, roids or not, that shit sure made a couple of summers very exciting.....

fuk those fahgs like Peter f'n Gammons.....

bring back the roids.... I love seeing 50-60 homers per year as the norm, by roided up mo fos smashing them out of the f'n stadium altogether.....

and roided up pitchers throwing broken bats at players in a fit of roid rage..... f'n clemens and Rafael Palmeroid goin' at it inside the diamond, as both wail on the other's roided up bod.....

look how happy the f'n fans were, too.....

i say make every available performance enhancing drug legal, in all sports.... from the pussy-ass tour de france (loved seeing roided up bicycle riders flippin' over handle bars and breaking sticks left and right they were performing at such an incredible level) to the f'n NFL (full speed collisions, concussions, exposed broken bones, etc., SHOULD BE PART OF THE GAME -- BY the end of the season, teams should be down at the local day worker's joints loadin' up big black guys to walk on due to the level of mayhem and career ending injuries on the field each season).....

I want to see the best the human body can offer atheletically, and that means roided up, hgh swillin' athletes across the board.....

look at these people dancing in the streets in sheer ecstacy.... it was better to the cubs fans than breaking the curse..... all those pussies cried in the streets this past fall....

there wasn't any crying here, just pure pandemonium, fans going completely insane while celebrating:

people OUTSIDE the stadium going completely wild with joy and happiness.....

f'n sosa roid-ragin'/tweekin on roids so bad that when he dug in at the plate, he f'n looked like a hook bull in heat, damn near carving out a mini-ditch in the box......

BRING BACK THE ROIDS!!!!!!!!!!

ps.... in an editorial note on that last vid, fuk chicago fans who think they're the best fans or any shit like that, those fukkers behind home plate were sitting on their f'n fat asses when sosa's up with two outs in the ninth and a runner on, trailing by two, with two outs.....

what a bunch of fukkin' posers..... can't even get up off their asses for that scenario..... seeing that lame-ass shit makes me wish they'd gotten swept this past season in the Series.... yah, that some great f'n fans you got there, cubs......
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 12-28-16 at 07:09 AM.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

They are just juicing the baseballs now

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I vote they get in along with Petey Rose

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I vote they get in along with Petey Rose

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Clemens top 10 all time pitching

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

if bud selig the owner and commish that turned a blind eye and made millions when players were taking steroids is in the Hall of Fame now

how do you not consider some of the greats, like Bonds, that Selig benefited from, and that would have made Hall of fame even without roids?

guy Still gets 6 million per year pension from MLB in his retirement!!

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Can`t blame Bonds. Watching far lesser talent get all the fame and ink.
    Bet it takes years off his life as the size of his melon growing the way it did will cause issues.

Besides, EVERYBODY in the game knew what was going on, from the batboys to the Commish.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3026

Both along with Pete Rose should be in the HOF. Edgar as well.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

if a pitcher did roids and a batter did roids it sort of equals out. if they want to shorten their life by using them, it's their call. pete rose never bet against his own team. saw him at foxwoods and actually asked him that. he convinced me he didn't. said he mostly bet on other games. no big deal. said he lost a ton on horses at river downs and didn't do that well on the nfl and nba either.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    if a pitcher did roids and a batter did roids it sort of equals out. if they want to shorten their life by using them, it's their call. pete rose never bet against his own team. saw him at foxwoods and actually asked him that. he convinced me he didn't. said he mostly bet on other games. no big deal. said he lost a ton on horses at river downs and didn't do that well on the nfl and nba either.
    It doesn't equal out because many also did not use roids. Unfair to the players who did want to destroy their health.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Neither Bonds nor Clemens should be considered for the hall ever! Without the roids Bonds never would have come close to those numbers and honestly he should not be sitting on any MLB team bench. McGwire and Bonds should not be allowed in any dugout much less be batting instructors. The two biggest steroid abusers in baseball history are batting instructors. Are they teaching them how to use but not get caught? Integrity of the game my asss!
    Well at least you're not naive.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

let them all in

why would I give a fukk
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dan Kelly

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

It's not going to happen. We all saw how early polling worked out in the election

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

No way Bonds makes it.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No way Bonds makes it.
    Bets with yet another ardent take on which he will be proven wrong.

Might want to scale down on your use of absolutes because these threads are saved.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Definitely disagree about bonds. Steroids doesn't cause you to hit a curve ball. Every home run he hit was a no doubter. Chris stynes never hit the hr but allegedly he used. Also Bonds only got a few pitches to swing at. But if you keep him out for being an ass than that is another matter.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Another person getting their info info out of dust. Anyone who knows baseball will tell you bonds was an all time great pre roids. Would he have hit 800 homers, no, would he had made the hall, absolutely

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Both should be in there.

chico2663

penetrate clemens. Him,rick perry and lance armstrong only 3 people from texas I hate. But then again clemens was born in dayton ohio

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    penetrate clemens. Him,rick perry and lance armstrong only 3 people from texas I hate. But then again clemens was born in dayton ohio
    oh c'mon chico..... you must remember "The Look"..... lol..... f'n armstrong amped to the hilt on the side of some mountain, possessing centrifuged blood containing 3x the normal content of oxygen absorbing red blood cells, looking over his not-as-amped-but-still-rather-amped opponent..... before delivering the death knell blow on that one particular leg of the TDF????

if not, here it is:

I admit I was a fan..... and I was even living in austin, where suddenly every mo fo with a little coin was suddenly out in westlake hills ridin in their little spandex biking shorts every weekend.....

can't tell you how many times I damn near hit another "lance armstrong" (my nickname for the whole lot of em) after happy hour on Friday evening, while cruising to my house up in NorthWest Hills off Far West.....

one even took the door off my six series when i opened it up to pick up my kids at day care..... fukker went over the handle bars then sued me for having opened the door in front of him, allegedly causing his injuries.....

no matter that my door didn't even extend into the lane of traffic, but was still within the painted roadside parking space......

disgraced mother fukkas, both armstrong and clemens.....

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post

Might want to scale down on your use of absolutes because these threads are saved.
    Please remember to bump it either way.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10113

And Nobody did any drugs in the 60 and 70's........greenies..... yeah right

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    oh c'mon chico..... you must remember "The Look"..... lol..... f'n armstrong amped to the hilt on the side of some mountain, possessing centrifuged blood containing 3x the normal content of oxygen absorbing red blood cells, looking over his not-as-amped-but-still-rather-amped opponent..... before delivering the death knell blow on that one particular leg of the TDF????

if not, here it is:

I admit I was a fan..... and I was even living in austin, where suddenly every mo fo with a little coin was suddenly out in westlake hills ridin in their little spandex biking shorts every weekend.....

can't tell you how many times I damn near hit another "lance armstrong" (my nickname for the whole lot of em) after happy hour on Friday evening, while cruising to my house up in NorthWest Hills off Far West.....

one even took the door off my six series when i opened it up to pick up my kids at day care..... fukker went over the handle bars then sued me for having opened the door in front of him, allegedly causing his injuries.....

no matter that my door didn't even extend into the lane of traffic, but was still within the painted roadside parking space......

disgraced mother fukkas, both armstrong and clemens.....
    I used to like him until after his wife nursed him back from cancer. Then that puke leaves her for cheryl crowe.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    And Nobody did any drugs in the 60 and 70's........greenies..... yeah right
    pete rose never drank but greenies lol

Flashmo
    Flashmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24315

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Another person getting their info info out of dust. Anyone who knows baseball will tell you bonds was an all time great pre roids. Would he have hit 800 homers, no, would he had made the hall, absolutely
    That's the thing about Bonds--He would have made the Hall without cheating-his ego got in the way

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Bonds and Clemens deserve the HOF! Both were great players before PED's. Their narcissistic personalities got in the way of their greatness. Sure they took PED's but they would have been great without them. Bonds would have less HR but still a HOF player!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Jose Canseco is using social media to let his feelings be known once again, and this time he’s attacking Major League Baseball’s decision not to allow certain players into the Hall of Fame.

On Sunday, Canseco unleashed a barrage of tweets, accusing MLB of being a hypocrite in its selection process.
    Canseco believes MLB is allowing entrance to certain players who used performance-enhancing drugs throughout their careers, while making it difficult for others who did the same.

The hall of fame MLB induction. ..MLB don’t be such a hypocrite. Don’t hand select.let all the ped users in or don’t let any in
    — Jose Canseco (@JoseCanseco) January 2, 2017

As of Monday, 154 ballots have been submitted by eligible voters for the 2017 Hall of Fame class, according to Ryan Thibodaux, and among them are several players who are right on the cusp of meeting the 75 percent required to be inducted, including Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, two players Canseco believes should be in.

How dare MLB not let bonds ,mcguire, palmeiro,sosa,Juan Gonzalez and Roger clemens in the MLB hall of fame..

The two candidates are easy Hall of Fame inductees based solely on career numbers, but both are known users of performance-enhancing drugs. Canseco didn’t seem to care about their use when it came to their election, and slammed the voting process as a whole.

They have inducted and will induct several more well-known ped users into the Hall of Fame MLB should be ashamed of them of themselves

MLB HD perfect definition of hypocrisy either let all the PD users who qualify in or do not have select or let none in

whole voting system should be revamped the writers who vote on the Hall of Fame should be replaced with more educated knowledgeable writers

The 52 year-old Canseco, who hit 462 home runs and won an MVP award during his 17-year career, was an admitted PED user during his playing days and wrote a tell-all book “Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant ‘Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big” in which he named several players who used steroids during their careers.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

There never should have been any doubt.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

You want integrity? Teach it to your kids. Baseball is entertainment. I want to watch men club 80 homeruns.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopTony View Post
    Bonds and Clemens deserve the HOF! Both were great players before PED's. Their narcissistic personalities got in the way of their greatness. Sure they took PED's but they would have been great without them. Bonds would have less HR but still a HOF player!
    the one who shouldn't ever be in if its such a big deal is bud selig. he turned a blind eye for years for the financial good. steroids weren't illegal or tested for in baseball. so this faux outrage is ridiculous. like vince mcmahon pretending he's shocked and shame on his athletes for using lol

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Let them all in. Especially Bonds, and Roger. They were HOFers anyway. Rose too. Sosa, McGwire, Palmeiro, send em in. And for fcks sake, put in my man Edgar Martinez. He wasn't even a PEDer, so not sure why they hell he's out.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post

Tell me how I was proven wrong.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Tell me how I was proven wrong.
    Is this the last year they are voting anyone into the hall and it's closing its doors?

12 Last