Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

I've done some drugs in my life, but I want some of yours.
    Quality sh!t!

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Best team ever (win pct) is the cubs just not 2016 version. 1906
    Cubs lost only 36 times -but lost world series

98 yankees
    Went 114-48 and won the world series so they are likely greatest team ever

That 98 yanks team would murder these sorry ass Cubs.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    If you believe in your heart that any other team in the MLB has a remote sliver of a chance to win the World Series in 2016, you need to find a new hobby. Gambling isn't for you, at least when it comes to baseball. You may be able to eek by on a few lucky individual game bets, but you do not understand how baseball works.

Prior to the addition of Aroldis Chapman, the Cubs were the greatest team in the MLB by a large margin. With Chapman, they are the greatest team in MLB history. There is no argument. Aroldis Chapman will throw the final pitch of the 2016 MLB season, and the Cubs will win their first World Series in 108 years.

I don't have the ability to bet futures, but any sum of money you have lying around that you cannot immediately spend should be bet on the Cubs to win the World Series.

I'm not exactly going out on a limb here, but it's just a fact that needs to be stated. Anyone who has a gripe with me is more than welcome to bump this in October if I'm wrong, which I am not.
    umm.. 18-0 Pats going into SuperBowl 42?

or how 'bout them 73 WIN Warriors?

TheCon
    TheCon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

This has to be a joke right? There is no sure things in sports just like the Warriors are a lock to win the NBA championship next year right?

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

Haha the most horrible sport to predict a champion. This sport is mostly luck. Everytime i place a bet its a shitfest.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

The funny thing is that even after they win the World Series, people on here will still have the balls to say this isn't the best team ever.

Even funnier, my original post wasn't even slightly outlandish to anyone who remotely understands the game of baseball. People just like to hate and react negatively for the fun of it.

By the way, I'd love for people to post which team they're betting on to win the World Series if not the Cubs.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by jay89 View Post
    The cubs have the 28th worst ERA in July. Ride the hot teams into October, unless their overall pitching turns around, Aroldis Chapman will not pitch meaningful outs. My money is on the Jays, a team that can not only pitch, but hit.
    ah yes, the famous 2016 Blue Jays with their tremendous combination of big bats and shutdown aces. Chapman is truly invisible in the playoffs just like you predicted.

chargers4222

you keep telling yourself that..why wouldn't they try to beat stl and open up a 10 game lead instead of going 6-15 going into all star break
    heck why not go for 70-11 and have an enormous 25 games lead oh yeah because its not realistic

every team rests players....7 games leads is just one bad week for the leader and hot week for the 2nd place team away from being gone especially if they're head to head

people losing money are the ones laying -300 on a public team "due" to win again...seeing a 59-39 team playing a 33-66 and thinking they should kill them..when the reality is the losing team over the past 30 days has been playing much better than they did early in the season

this is where the value is found

madden rests one guy so the rest of the team stops hitting?? really?
    how about the pitchers couldn't find the strike zone unless you think arietta and lester were not tryin to win
    defense was making errors early and they got behind

speaking of value there is none IMO betting the cubs now to win it all at +375
    zero value whatsoever.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

zero value whatsoever.
    What's that? 4th time shutout in last 8 games
    but like I said you can lay -150 and win a coin flip but it's a stupid fuckin bet ,you just aren't smart enough to grasp that concept

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

Chargers is an idiot plain and simple

chargers4222

What's that? 4th time shutout in last 8 games
    but like I said you can lay -150 and win a coin flip but it's a stupid fuckin bet ,you just aren't smart enough to grasp that concept
    Oh that's weird, so you're saying you wouldn't like to have a Cubs future at +375 right now, 20 minutes before they play Game 7 of the World Series? That's not "value" to you? You could just hedge it for half the amount right now and guarantee yourself profit. Aw what's wrong bud, I thought you love "value?" How can you say that isn't "value?"

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by mikefan1034 View Post
    Chargers is an idiot plain and simple
    awwwwwww WITTLE MIKEYYYYYYY. hey who do you think will throw the final pitch of the MLB season? you think maybe it'll be the guy i predicted 4 months ago?

mikefan1034
    mikefan1034's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1233

awwwwwww WITTLE MIKEYYYYYYY. hey who do you think will throw the final pitch of the MLB season? you think maybe it'll be the guy i predicted 4 months ago?
    Whose beating LT ? Yea that's what I thought ass clown

chargers4222

LOL you people really do suck so hard. The majority of you at least. You don't know what you're watching, and even when someone maps it out for you 4 months in advance, you just don't want to believe it. Then, when it finally happens, you run scared. So sad. You're welcome, though.

chaka

Oh that's weird, so you're saying you wouldn't like to have a Cubs future at +375 right now, 20 minutes before they play Game 7 of the World Series? That's not "value" to you? You could just hedge it for half the amount right now and guarantee yourself profit. Aw what's wrong bud, I thought you love "value?" How can you say that isn't "value?"
    dude you just don't get it
    first off you didn't win anything because you said you didn't have the money to bet it but now you're hedging to "guarantee profit" which means you no longer get + 375 so NO that isn't value

value means getting better odds than what the probability of occurrence example a getting + 110 on a 50/50 coin flip that's an even money proposition

you however think a winning bet means value it doesn't like my example great! you won 10 coin flips in a row laying -150 ...its a stupid bet if you cant understand that or value ill book your action
    and for penetrates sake if youre gonna hedge at the end don't make that bet in the first place.........or don't add the last game in a parlay s

while those with same mindset as you are adding the amount risked "hedging guaranteeing profit" - you don't realize you would have already won your bet (and netted more ) by not adding the last game You're a books wet dream VIG on the front end VIG on the back end

unless its a substantial life changing amount of tens of thousands ..in the long run hedging just costs you money..no need to reply because I already know you don't understand that concept

congrats you picked the favorite to win the world series....now go get your -300 "value" bet on the Heisman fav

chaka

i'll bet your dumb ass would've hedged again after Cleveland tied it -- your midseason prediction probably cost you money
    your great value bet was a whisper from goin up in smoke
    Last edited by chaka; 11-03-16 at 03:19 PM.

chargers4222

LOL...I pick the World Series champion 4 months in advance and people write diatribes explaining how I was somehow wrong. Incredible. Hey guys, I don't understand value or concepts. The Phillies had much more value to win the World Series when I predicted this according to chaka. This guy is sharp folks, he knows what he is doing.

chargers4222

LOL dude I literally cannot stop laughing out loud. Rarely happens for me online, usually just a silent chuckle. This is gold. The mental gymnastics that delusional people do is amazing. Nothing better than being mad online.

chaka

LOL...I pick the World Series champion 4 months in advance and people write diatribes explaining how I was somehow wrong. Incredible. Hey guys, I don't understand value or concepts. The Phillies had much more value to win the World Series when I predicted this according to chaka. This guy is sharp folks, he knows what he is doing.
    your air bet was 3:1 cubs highpoint was 12:1 again where was your value???

again picking the frickin favorite doesnt make you "sharp"

chaka

hey dumbass lets flips coins you can heads and lay -150 i ll take tails for +150 you should learn quickly what value is but you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer here

chaka

better hurry up and double up your air bet on the heisman favorite laying -300 VALUE BOY!

chargers4222

better hurry up and double up your air bet on the heisman favorite laying -300 VALUE BOY!
    guys, quick poll: who is more embarrassing, this guy or mikefan? i'll also throw pavy into this contest. gotta be a three-way dead heat, right?

chargers4222

Here's your reminder/warning to never bet against the Cubs in any game, series, futures bet, or otherwise. You either play the Cubs, or it's a no-play. Good luck this year guys.

First 12