packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    the only people confused are the ones that do not see the cash coming into "the business". the money from NESN (in this case) and the $10 beer has gotten so out of control this is a joke. i played professional baseball and have friends in the majors and i don't even care about the game anymore.
    Whats your name.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    He will not even be the highest paid player this off season
    You think Greinke tops $217 mil?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    They won't boo him cuz they are racist, they will boo him out of town if he sucks and shows poor character. It's a crazy contract but this is what these guys are worth. Greinke will make more than Price I think when he gets signed again.
    I would bet that Greinke is not getting more than $217 mil. Greinke probably get like 5/160.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    You think Greinke tops $217 mil?
    Not him

http://www.si.com/mlb/2015/12/01/jas...e-really-worth

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

overpaid bums

Baseball a disaster

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    How much did Heyward's agent pay for that article? LOL no way. I guess maybe someone will be crazy enough to give him near 200 mil. I personally think he's overrated. But I would still bet that he doesn't top $217 mil.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

How do you give any athlete who's 30 years old a 7 year deal for 217 mil?? How the hell do you do it??

I've always been athletic my whole life. Your prime is 28-30. You feel things start to slow down approaching your 33rd birthday. And when I mean slow down... you aren't worth sh#$ at 33+

I don't get these long deals... especially with anyone in their 30's.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10218

Pitching is different from most athletic positions. Besides quaterback, it's one of the most cerebral positions in sports. A lot of guys get even better in their mid 30s as they learn how to master pitches and command pitches in the strike zone. They might lose some velocity, but the knowledge they gain makes them even better than before when they had great velocity. Price has one of the best change ups in baseball and already shows great command. As long as he avoids injury, could get better with age. He's certsinky in the same room with the other top lefties in the game, Kershaw and Bumgarder. I doubt anyone would bat an eye if either of those guys got this contract with the sox.
    Last edited by trobin31; 12-02-15 at 10:14 PM.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

HUGH overpay

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1777

well sources are saying dodgers offered greinke 6 years 210 35 mil a year CRAZY

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    well sources are saying dodgers offered greinke 6 years 210 35 mil a year CRAZY
    Wowzers if true.

Amadeo-Picks
    Amadeo-Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3492

Boston is going to make people serious money next year. And Pirates . They are the two teams I see them starting off hot off the gates .

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

the only people confused are the ones that do not see the cash coming into "the business". the money from NESN (in this case) and the $10 beer has gotten so out of control this is a joke. i played professional baseball and have friends in the majors and i don't even care about the game anymore.
    Exactly. Joke's on us, not them. We the fans have allowed this to happen.

The last time I went to an MLB game (wanted to take my son for the experience), I spent enough to take the entire family on vacation. Used to cost my dad and I $5 each to sit in the bleachers at Tiger Stadium.

Never again.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Pitching is different from most athletic positions. Besides quaterback, it's one of the most cerebral positions in sports. A lot of guys get even better in their mid 30s as they learn how to master pitches and command pitches in the strike zone. They might lose some velocity, but the knowledge they gain makes them even better than before when they had great velocity. Price has one of the best change ups in baseball and already shows great command. As long as he avoids injury, could get better with age. He's certsinky in the same room with the other top lefties in the game, Kershaw and Bumgarder. I doubt anyone would bat an eye if either of those guys got this contract with the sox.
    good post

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

No different than any other sport. These guys are paid slightly more, but a family of 6 or so is dishing out 500 bucks these days to go to a sporting event. If you want good seats, and want to buy food and drinks, call it 700-800 bucks for the fam.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    horrible deal he's going to give up a lot of homers in that park and obviously he struggles in the post season. Glad the Dodgers didn't sign him and hi straight as an arrow fastball
    Huh? Price had one of the better performances/ERA at Fenway

Jeep_Life 42
    Jeep_Life 42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1274

Too much money for a guy who had one good year...that's typical Boston baseball for ya!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Whats your name.
    I played locally in New England in the summer, my name is not important. In college at Seton Hall with Jason Grilli and Matt Morris to name a couple for you so can look them up if you need MLB references. Most people here are full of shit, I am not.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

217 mil for Kirk Rueter

enjoy

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

toward this middle part of the season he has showed hes worth the money spent...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it is a disgrace

how do these guys make so much money for not even having great previous numbers?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    No different than any other sport. These guys are paid slightly more, but a family of 6 or so is dishing out 500 bucks these days to go to a sporting event. If you want good seats, and want to buy food and drinks, call it 700-800 bucks for the fam.
    this is part of the reason they can pay these contracts. people are idiots to shell out this kind of money to see these games and all they do is overspend for concessions and stare at their dumbass phone during the whole game. stay home and watch it on your overpriced cable or satellite system.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    this is part of the reason they can pay these contracts. people are idiots to shell out this kind of money to see these games and all they do is overspend for concessions and stare at their dumbass phone during the whole game. stay home and watch it on your overpriced cable or satellite system.
    Every time Im invited to college football games I pass, much more enjoyable to me to watch in HD with multiple angles, instant replay, and DVR. I actually hate watching it live, I used to always stare at the big screen after plays waiting for instant replay lol.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Every time Im invited to college football games I pass, much more enjoyable to me to watch in HD with multiple angles, instant replay, and DVR. I actually hate watching it live, I used to always stare at the big screen after plays waiting for instant replay lol.
    i guess some people have money to burn and instead of gambling they want to go and see this stuff live. eventually, they will figure out they have been taken and someone else will buy the tickets. poor people go to the beach since it's free. richer people support these athletes. everyone needs to get out once in a while. no matter where they are all they do anyway is stare at those stupid phones all day anyway.

First 12