BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Why did Detroit give up on the season?

Toronto is 53-51. They go for it.

Texas is 50-52. They go for it.

Detroit is 50-53 after suffering through several injuries and when they finally start to get healthy they waive the white flag....why?

Detroit probably wasn't going to do anything but neither are the Blowjays or Rangers. If you get into the playoffs, who knows what can happen. Wild Card teams have been dangerous.

EVfollower
    EVfollower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

It was obvious a couple games after the all star break that Detroit was giving up. It isn't just starting now. They put in their worst pitchers when the game was tied or down by 1 couple games into 2nd half and repeatedly lost. The manager left those pitchers out and it was clear that the manager's "fight" wasn't there at all anymore. Haven't bet on Detroit since (doesn't mean I fade them though).

mth61
    Just call me O.C !!!
    mth61's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5594

The pitching staff is a mess and the GM and Manager know it. They reached in the cupboard and found jack shit in prospects in there farm systems. I was surprised too since Mike Illitch is like 1000 years old and he has been dropping millions for another World Series. As a Tigers fan I am actually happy they grabbed some very nice pieces for the future and didn't just squeak a wildcard just to get knocked out since they can't win a series.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22668

Miggy may be worse than we think?