stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32307

The offical how many times will Kris Bryant strike out this season

The talking heads at ESPN have been on Byants rooster all spring about his amazing power.
    And he does have a lot of pop, nobody is denying, however, this kid, all every level has been a strikeout machine, like Dave Kingman or Adam Dunn proportions.

Pitchers like Price and Kershaw will be drooling at the mouth waiting to pitch to him.

Kid gets called up, did you see what James Shields did to him earlier.
    Threw him that off speed yakkers that tied him up in knots.
    First three at bats, three K's.
    Welcome to the show Kris.

I got the over 200 K's for the max bet myself.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

No doubt a better bet than big bears hr title and Mvp bets. Lol.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    No doubt a better bet than big bears hr title and Mvp bets. Lol.
    Shields, who is a pretty good pitcher, border line good pitcher made Bryant is personal meat puppet, wait until the elite's, especially the elite's with excellent command of off speed and curve balls get to pitch to him.

Everything Shields threw the kid was curve/off speed, and Kris, and don't get me wrong, not a hater, just a realist, already proved he can not hit a big time curve, yes, he can catch up to 100 mph heat, and I'm sure he's gotten a hold of some hanging AA level curveballs, but this is not AA Carolina league pitching.

The two most devasting pitches I've seen was Pedro's change up and Mike Mussina's overhand curve, not the knuckle curve, but scouts said "when on, Mike Mussina's overhand curve is the mpst devasting pitch in the game".

And those scouts were right.
    Pedro and Moose would have made Bryant cry.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

haters gonna hate

posey
    posey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1250

Nothing to do with hate IMO. I watched the game and Bryant may have been nervous, but he did look very bad against that offspeed and breaking stuff. He had Ks of 25% in R, 22.1% in A-, 27.4% in A+ (all in 2013), 25.9% in AA, 28.6% in AAA (all in 2014) and 27.3% in AAA before getting called up in 2015. He will hit lots of bombs, but he will strikeout a lot, too. If he can't change that. But he is young and should be able to learn.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by posey View Post
    Nothing to do with hate IMO. I watched the game and Bryant may have been nervous, but he did look very bad against that offspeed and breaking stuff. He had Ks of 25% in R, 22.1% in A-, 27.4% in A+ (all in 2013), 25.9% in AA, 28.6% in AAA (all in 2014) and 27.3% in AAA before getting called up in 2015. He will hit lots of bombs, but he will strikeout a lot, too. If he can't change that. But he is young and should be able to learn.
    Patience is the key to hitting off speed.

Wade Boggs had a motto "weight and wait"
    Weight on the back foot, and wait on the pitch to come to the plate.