Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

serves him right for jumping ship with the Rays lol

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Cardinals aint going nowhere. They never rebuild just reload.

Brewers have a ton of talent too

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why did he sign up with losers?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

It will be interesting....they haven't had a good manager since................................... ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ .............................never mind.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Why did he sign up with losers?
    Because he can see the setup, like most non-meatheads can. All the tanking and reinvesting and buildup is going to pay off, pretty quickly. It's pretty obvious. Plus, they will give him a lot of $$$. Pitching you got Arietta, Hendricks, Wood and they have plenty of money to sign 1 if not 2 high-level FA's, probably Lester, maybe Shields. You got Rizzo, Castro, Soler, Kris Bryant and others. Easy to laugh now, time will tell. Rival GM's know what's coming.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Because he can see the setup, like most non-meatheads can. All the tanking and reinvesting and buildup is going to pay off, pretty quickly. It's pretty obvious. Plus, they will give him a lot of $$$. Pitching you got Arietta, Hendricks, Wood and they have plenty of money to sign 1 if not 2 high-level FA's, probably Lester, maybe Shields. You got Rizzo, Castro, Soler, Kris Bryant and others. Easy to laugh now, time will tell. Rival GM's know what's coming.

Their pitching looks great. In A ball.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

This is a step in the right direction for the Cubs at least.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

poor rich renteria

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    poor rich renteria
    Yeah, now he gets paid 2 years for doing nothing. I want that gig.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

poor guy

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Sure. Cubs had 2 winning seasons in 20 years. Every team in that division is better. Cardinals, Pirates, Brewers. Where are the wins going to come? The ballpark is older than Jesus for Christ's sake.

If I was a manager and wanted to destroy my career I would sign with the Cubs.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

cubs were 33-35 in the 2nd half

they are already turning things around

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

these fukks are making the playoffs in the next couple of years

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Sure. Cubs had 2 winning seasons in 20 years. Every team in that division is better. Cardinals, Pirates, Brewers. Where are the wins going to come? The ballpark is older than Jesus for Christ's sake.

That's not even accurate. but besides that, how many winning seasons had the Royals had over the last couple decades? Shit changes, man. It's a mistake to live in the past. I guess if you think Maddon is an idiot buffoon, then maybe you're right.

jaytee20
    jaytee20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4030

Tragically, they will still be the Cubs.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Great ballpark. Horrible franchise.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Actually Cubs are loaded with young talent. Neither Florida team makes money nor do they spend. Good move by Madden and the Cubs are definitely on the upswing. The ballpark is a true national treasure that sells out no matter how bad they are. Good old drinking day games.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    these fukks are making the playoffs in the next couple of years
    no chance. Division is too tough.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maddon will take that talent to the playoffs. Do agree with Pavy that division is highly competitive nowadays. As long as the damn red birds miss the postseason

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Cubs have a lot of money to spend too. Remains to be seen if and how they spend it, but the payroll is like under $40 million. They can easily sign 2 or 3 prime free agents. Like they could sign Lester, Shields and Russell Martin. How would they be then? And it is a destination now.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I guess if you think Maddon is an idiot buffoon, then maybe you're right.
    I think it's fairly obvious from this thread alone that we have numerous posters here that are smarter baseball men than Joe Maddon.

I mean a lot of these guys could be managing an MLB team....they simply choose to post here instead.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser, and texhooper

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Cubs have a lot of money to spend too. Remains to be seen if and how they spend it, but the payroll is like under $40 million. They can easily sign 2 or 3 prime free agents. Like they could sign Lester, Shields and Russell Martin. How would they be then? And it is a destination now.
    fixed it for ya.

cubs will be good within a few years

so will the astros, marlins and mets are a few signings away from contending

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Cubs doing well is good for MLB.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Maddon will take that talent to the playoffs. Do agree with Pavy that division is highly competitive nowadays. As long as the damn red birds miss the postseason

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

cubs team over next year

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Maddon is the only coach that can possibly make the Cubs a contender, if the front office does it's part.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Watch out cardinals!

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    It will be interesting....they haven't had a good manager since................................... ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ ........................................ .............................never mind.
    Wrong

Cubs homer nation got a hard on when some guy named Lou got the gig

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I would rather see John Madden. Boom! That would be something.

I/O

Maddon has a loooonnnnggg way to go to be on level with what Lou did in his career

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

He's going to have a nice core team to work with. A ton of potential with that youth.

I/O

Oh, and btw...

Maddon lost not once but twice to the greatest crack addict pathetic human being in the game