Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Bruce Bochy...is he the best manager in MLB?

What a smart man.....tonight he could have gone with Madison Bumgarner, and most MLB managers (that suck) probably would have done exactly that. Instead, he goes with Vogelsong.

He knows that Vogelsong, in this scenario, is likely to bring forth a great game....in fact, I am going to unload reasonably heavily on SF today, AND when he does then he will have the Mad Bum going in Game 5, at home, tied 2-2. At the worst, down 3-1 they start Bum and he gets them back into the Series.

I admit, I have had a tough time with KC....they won me a bunch of money in the first round, but against Balty (in games 1 and 3) I lost and looked pretty foolish. Not a bad idea to bet SF futures today for me....I will have to give that a look.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

sf is done pal. dont waste your money on them.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Be smart. Take SF series. Lock up some guaranteed cash since you got +170 on the other side. No better money than house.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

I haven't seen anything that said that SF was done.....not in baseball or psychological terms anyway.....I still think that SF is the play tonight.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

he keeps putting in that kid who gets hammered every time. i would say based on that, no.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Terry Francona.

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13736

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    he keeps putting in that kid who gets hammered every time. i would say based on that, no.
    I would bet good money we have seen the last of Strickland.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Good example of... Wrong decision being right

Bochy/SF got lucky because the damage was done early

Petey Wheatstraw
    Petey Wheatstraw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bruce Bouchy is the best manager of all time in MLB. No question.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Bochy will be inducted innto the HOF one day.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Very good and San Francisco is a dynasty now

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I don't see how it's even debatable at this point.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't see how it's even debatable at this point.
    The great thing about life is the can ALWAYS be a debate. I feel that he is the best in MLB right now, but I am sure there are others out there touting Maddon (ok he doesn't technically have a team right now) and Scoscia (and probably others).

To the guy that said Bochy is the best of all time though? Are you 25? I am not saying he isn't, but I am saying that nobody can make that blanket statement.

Connie Mack won over 3700 regular season games....Joe McCarthy and Casey Stengel had 7 World Series rings each as a manager, Bobby Cox' teams won 14 consecutive Division Titles AND he was named MLB's Manager of the Year 4 times! Tony Larussa was and is my favourite all time manager, but there are a ton of them out there.....my second favourite would have to be Jimmy Leyland for the pure baseball way he managed the game....and what about Spark Anderson?? Wowsa, he was AWESOME, don't think there was a better manager with his players, knowing exactly what to do to get the best out of them.

And how about John McGraw? Little Napolean? Ever heard of him? A winning percentage of just under .600 the mercurial little fellow, who fought more than anyone else on and off the field from 1890 to 1940, was an amazing leader of men. Maybe Leo Durocher? A guy that was more controversial than any other....Ty Cobb said he was the best manager in baseball at the time....and Cobb didn't compliment anyone.

Baseball is rich with history, like no other sport....so be careful when you say the best of all time....it won't sit well with us purists.

Enjoy your day boys, and go Giants.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    The great thing about life is the can ALWAYS be a debate. I feel that he is the best in MLB right now, but I am sure there are others out there touting Maddon (ok he doesn't technically have a team right now) and Scoscia (and probably others).

To the guy that said Bochy is the best of all time though? Are you 25? I am not saying he isn't, but I am saying that nobody can make that blanket statement.

Connie Mack won over 3700 regular season games....Joe McCarthy and Casey Stengel had 7 World Series rings each as a manager, Bobby Cox' teams won 14 consecutive Division Titles AND he was named MLB's Manager of the Year 4 times! Tony Larussa was and is my favourite all time manager, but there are a ton of them out there.....my second favourite would have to be Jimmy Leyland for the pure baseball way he managed the game....and what about Spark Anderson?? Wowsa, he was AWESOME, don't think there was a better manager with his players, knowing exactly what to do to get the best out of them.

And how about John McGraw? Little Napolean? Ever heard of him? A winning percentage of just under .600 the mercurial little fellow, who fought more than anyone else on and off the field from 1890 to 1940, was an amazing leader of men. Maybe Leo Durocher? A guy that was more controversial than any other....Ty Cobb said he was the best manager in baseball at the time....and Cobb didn't compliment anyone.

Baseball is rich with history, like no other sport....so be careful when you say the best of all time....it won't sit well with us purists.

Nice to see my last comment spurred on a lot of debate. The problem is (and I keep forgetting this) that no SBR posters have a fukkin' clue.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

This guy has Travis Ishikawa starting in left field and is 1 win away from the world series, enough said.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

D2D posting some very illuminating stuff.

I think we are all quick to romanticize the players of of our own era...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

it would be hilarious if nobody signs Maddon to be their manager.

can't believe that guy quit on his team. They have some promising talent in Tampa.

watch him end up with some shitty team like the Astros

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

it's not even close that Bochy is the best active manager in the MLB.

if the Giants finish this off, there will be all time talks. don't forget that this man also took the Padres to the brink of a championship.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13122

Nice to see my last comment spurred on a lot of debate. The problem is (and I keep forgetting this) that no SBR posters have a fukkin' clue.
    You just figuring that out???

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

You guys might have jinxed him.

JJ Gold could have done a better job managing the Giants than Bochy did last night